Alleyverse Characters

Archer

OP character approval  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Should Legend (Page 89) be approved?

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

3 minutes ago, #Voidapple said:

Uh, I kinda had (and have) the flu. Can I really be blamed?

YES, YOU CAN BE! I demand as penance that you hurry up and heal already. Drink a health potion or something. We need all hands on deck to [REDACTED] the [REDACTED] out of e[REDACTED] squared! 

7 minutes ago, whattheHoid said:

I knew that! Totally! For I am Hoid who is never awkward and understands all social cues! Even when written down!

*realizes he failed to make it clear in his post*

*Awkward chuckle*

Edited by #Voidapple

On 1/22/2019 at 9:14 PM, ShadowLord_Lith said:

Alright, a bit revised, and hopefully less intensely powered. 

Reveal hidden contents

Name: Shen Asheweaver

Appearance: Short (about 5'3"), with dark black hair and lightly tanned skin- is half Scadrian(don't know if you saw this the first time), and so is less 'Asian' in appearance than others from Maipon, wears a loose, dark purple shirt; dark orange, tighter fitting pants, and maroon shoes, with a dark green sash around his waist. 

Personality: Well- meaning, kind, concerned, optimistic, determined, practical, loyal. 

Magic: Forgery, A-tin, Breath 3'rd heightening.

Backstory: His mother was from Sel, and his father was from Scadrial. He born in Maipon and grew up learning forgery. He had a knack for it and became very good at it. Around the time he was ten, he got taken hostage by a world hopper escaping other world hoppers, and they made his way to Nalthis. During this, shrapnel from an explosion damaged his eyes and left him nearsighted while also causing him to snap. Once on Nalthis, they found their way to Hallindren where he escaped and made a living painting pictures, using ash for his first few which earned him his last name. Later on, he began forging them to a better, more perfect appearance. The forgery lasted longer and longer as he gained skill and breaths, and this continued until he achieved the third heightening. 

Experienced losing his breath once in a rather sudden and jarring moment. It impacted his ability to craft art so badly that he has sworn to never let go of his breaths again, even to awaken. Around his eighteenth birthday, he accidentally did something with his forging. He was trying to make the distance between his home and the market shutter so he couldn't have to walk as far, but when he tested it, he'd gotten it a bit too detailed and he wound up falling through a crack in space, ending up in the Alleyverse. 

The stamp he used to do this with broke during the landing, and he wandered until he found the church who took him in. He has since grown to deeply respect the church, almost like family. He uses his Allomancy to mostly make up for his nearsightedness, though it's a trade off and leaves him farsighted while he uses it. 

Skills: Thin and undefined, is muscled and athletic nonetheless, enjoying climbing, acrobatics, and running. Has fairly decent resistance to pain of most kinds, and is a great brawler. Has a knowledge of the human body from an early training to be a bodyforger. 

Weaknesses: near sighted, Minor PTSD brought on by shattering glass, problems adjusting to sudden changes in light. 

Dislikes: Heretics, destroyers of art, those who insult his beliefs.

Church: Voidus knows about this, and I was asked to stay mostly secret about it, but he focuses on creating art for his church; working mainly in maintenance when he isn't creating art. Has a strong aversion to fighting unless art or his friends or members of the clergy are threatened. 

PRO: Optimist

How's this? ^_^

I think this is pretty good, though @Archer will have the last say

Edited by Blessing of Potency

I have a character 

Spoiler

Name: Eighth of Midnight

Investiture: Awakener of the Third Heightening. A single brown Aviar named Dust that allows him to know the recent history of objects he touches. 

Special skills and weapons: average tracking and survival skills, rudimentary poison knowledge. Two, foot-long daggers, a handful of 3-foot strips of fabric.

Weakness: Slow to act, doesn't communicate well.

Physical characteristics: About 6 feet tall, sturdy, short black hair.

Family: He is the youngest of eight, five brothers, two sisters. Only three of his brothers and one sister are still living. His father is also alive but his mother is not.

Home planet: First of the Sun

History/Biography: He was born on First of the Sun, during his early life he trained as a hunter. He fell in with the wrong crowd around 15 and ended up being kidnapped by Worldhoppers that took him Nalthis where he eventually escaped. He then lived on Nalthis for a decade where he worked as a hired hand/mercenary. He eventually encountered another Worldhopper who he became good friends with. The worldhopper taught him how to worldhop. He eventually returned home only to find out that his mother, along with two of his brothers and one sister, were killed in an tragic accident. Eighth is now looking for the one that caused the accident, while also trying to escape his past.

Can I join? Also, I would love help workshopping my character.

55 minutes ago, TheVillageIdiot said:

I have a character 

Reveal hidden contents

Investiture: Awakener of the Third Heightening. A single brown Aviar named Dust that allows him to know the recent history of objects he touches. 

Special skills and weapons: average tracking and survival skills, rudimentary poison knowledge. Two, foot-long daggers, a handful of 3-foot strips of fabric.

Family: He is the youngest of eight, five brothers, two sisters. Only three of his brothers and one sister are still living. His father is also alive but his mother is not.

History/Biography: He was born on First of the Sun, during his early life he trained as a hunter. He fell in with the wrong crowd around 15 and ended up being kidnapped by Worldhoppers that took him Nalthis where he eventually escaped. He then lived on Nalthis for a decade where he worked as a hired hand/mercenary. He eventually encountered another Worldhopper who he became good friends with. The worldhopper taught him how to worldhop. He eventually returned home only to find out that his mother, along with two of his brothers and one sister, were killed in an tragic accident. Eighth is now looking for the one that caused the accident, while also trying to escape his past.

Hey VillageIdiot! Long time no see! You can definitely join, and even though you asked for help with workshopping your character, I don't think that there is anything that needs to be done.

Its investiture is within the point values, and the skills are as well.

The third heightening is worth 70 points and the aviar 10. I would add a few points for the special ability of the aviar, but only like one or two. For skills I would say about 5 for the poison making and 20 for the hand to hand combat. You don't mention how good he was with the knives, so it could change. The weakness subtracts some points, but the character all around is a very good one. Very well made, we will be excited to RP with you!

Damon / @ElendVenture

Name: Damon

Investiture: Coinshot (strong)

Special skills and weapons: Carries one glass knife (He knew a certain someone who had two and caught on, but broke the other in a fight) and a glass vial with steel shavings in it.  Is skilled at knife fighting and archery. Well trained in his skill set within allomancy.

Weakness: Loyal to friends and family to a point where he can be manipulated through them. He will do nearly anything to protect them. He is not that strong or good at hand to hand combat or constant exertion when not using allomancy.

Physical characteristics: About seventy inches tall, a slight man with a weight of about 130 pounds. Dark brown hair and sea green eyes.

Family: Mother, Father, brother, sister (all deceased)

Home planet: Scadrial

History/Biography: Born in 1002 CE to Nora, a skaa woman who had a secretly fell in love  with  a nobleman named Elandrial of House Tiekal. They ran off to the forest together to avoid the attack of the Lord Ruler as they raised a family. Second youngest, Damon's mother died in childbirth when he was five years old. His baby sister survived and him and his brother did there best to run the house while there father, presumed dead, by the nobles, worked as a skaa craftsman running a carpentry shop. He brought grain back to his family back in the forest. When he was 18 Damon snapped, attacked by a wolf while chopping lumber in the forest for his fathers carpentry shop. He went a year later to Luthadel help provide his his family. He met the right people and after finding that, while running the carpentry shop while his father was checking on the rest of the family, they had been raided by the Canton of Inquisition, he began his personal war on the Empire. He was trained by an other assassin who was very talented. He worked  as an assassin doing any anything he could  as long as it will harm the Final Empire, the Ministrys, or noblemen. When the Empire fell, Damon was not sure what to do and ended up as a freelance assassin.

Edited by ElendVenture

Random thing:

Is there a way to access the Final Empire from the Alleyplanet? (Not about this character

5 minutes ago, ElendVenture said:

Damon / @ElendVenture

Investiture: Mistborn (Mid strength)

Special skills and weapons: Carries one glass knife (He knew a certain someone who had two and caught on, but broke the other in a fight) a vial with some atium and the eight basic metals at all times as well as a vial with the lone eight. Is skilled at knife fighting and archery.

Weakness: Loyal to friends and family to a point where he can be manipulated through them. He will do nearly anything to protect them. He is not that strong or good at hand to hand combat or constant exertion when not using allomancy.

Physical characteristics: About seventy inches tall, a slight man with a weight of about 130 pounds. Dark brown hair and sea green eyes.

History/Biography: Born in 1003 CE to Nora, a skaa woman who had a secretly fell in love  with  a nobleman named Elandrial of House Tiekal. They ran off to the forest together to avoid the attack of the Lord Ruler as they raised a family. Second youngest, Damon's mother died in childbirth when he was five years old. His baby sister survived and him and his brother did there best to run the house while there father, presumed dead, by the nobles, worked as a skaa cratsman running a carpentry shop. He brought grain back to his family back in the forest. When he was 18 Damon snapped, attacked by a wolf while chopping lumber in the forest for his fathers carpentry shop. He went a year later to Luthadel help provide his his family. He met the right people and after finding that, while running the carpentry shop while his father was checking on the rest of the family, they had been raided by the Canton of Inquisition, he began his personal war on the Empire. He works currently as a freelance assassin doing any job as long as it will harm the Final Empire, the Ministrys, or noblemen.

Two things: 

One: Mistborn are fairly powerful, not sure how powerful exactly, but over the point limit I think.

Two: As far as I know, the Alleyplanet is connected to Era 2 Scadrial, so Damon would be unable to access the Alleycity. (I think)

1 minute ago, Dr. Dapper said:

Random thing:

Is there a way to access the Final Empire from the Alleyplanet? (Not about this character

Two things: 

One: Mistborn are fairly powerful, not sure how powerful exactly, but over the point limit I think.

Two: As far as I know, the Alleyplanet is connected to Era 2 Scadrial, so Damon would be unable to access the Alleycity. (I think)

Thank you, I had no Idea that was helpful indeed. What is alleycity?

Edited by ElendVenture

The Alleyplanet has a temporal disconnect with the other worlds, and don't have to sync up. Backwards time travel isn't possible, but forwards is (not entirely sure about the mechanics here, lets just say time is wonky because of the alleys).

10 minutes ago, kenod said:

The Alleyplanet has a temporal disconnect with the other worlds, and don't have to sync up. Backwards time travel isn't possible, but forwards is (not entirely sure about the mechanics here, lets just say time is wonky because of the alleys).

I am now not quite Era 1 but not quite Era 2 either since I updated my character. Will this new character work just as well or better? Also, is a mistborn too powerful? Because I saw a character who was both an allomacer and a feruchemist which is some serious power.

Edited by ElendVenture

So we are going through an era change soon, which means that there will be a short time skip.

Because we have had a problem with OP characters, we are trying to fix that by making sure that all characters are within a certain power level. Mistborn is a tad too powerful. You would need some serious weaknesses to make him within the power level of the RP.

Here is a link to the index where we judge characters powers:

41 minutes ago, kenod said:

Yeah, basically the reasoning would be that when some people make the jump from the cosmere to the Alleyverse it takes them a really long time :P
So you can come from era 1 Scadrial, but you wouldn't be able to return there.

3 hours ago, TheVillageIdiot said:

He is the youngest of eight, five brothers, two sisters.

Yay! Someone else finally also created a family with more than like one or two siblings that're normally dead!

Just an advance warning people, you're getting a miniture Acute family tree/chart when the time skip thread comes around to make sense of all the cousins. Only the Obtuses and one other set of Acutes, so only nineteen of them total, but without it people might get confused when they're all referrenced. Yes, they all have names, ages, and investiture. 

14 minutes ago, Silva said:

Yay! Someone else finally also created a family with more than like one or two siblings that're normally dead!

Just an advance warning people, you're getting a miniture Acute family tree/chart when the time skip thread comes around to make sense of all the cousins. Only the Obtuses and one other set of Acutes, so only nineteen of them total, but without it people might get confused when they're all referrenced. Yes, they all have names, ages, and investiture. 

Hold on... 

I have a living pair of twins. I demand you retract your statement!

1 hour ago, Voidus said:

Yeah, basically the reasoning would be that when some people make the jump from the cosmere to the Alleyverse it takes them a really long time :P
So you can come from era 1 Scadrial, but you wouldn't be able to return there.

Thats fine by me.

22 hours ago, Gancho Libre said:

Sixth of the Dusk characters are the best! My opinion means absolutely nothing, but I approve! :)

Thanks, I agree wholeheartedly. Sixth of the Dusk is one of my favorite worlds.

22 hours ago, MacThorstenson said:

Hey VillageIdiot! Long time no see! You can definitely join, and even though you asked for help with workshopping your character, I don't think that there is anything that needs to be done.

Its investiture is within the point values, and the skills are as well.

The third heightening is worth 70 points and the aviar 10. I would add a few points for the special ability of the aviar, but only like one or two. For skills I would say about 5 for the poison making and 20 for the hand to hand combat. You don't mention how good he was with the knives, so it could change. The weakness subtracts some points, but the character all around is a very good one. Very well made, we will be excited to RP with you!

Thanks. His knife fighting skills are about average for someone who has worked as a mercenary for any length of time.

22 hours ago, Gancho Libre said:

I like the Aviar's power. It's interesting. Not totally destructive, but very useful to the right kind of mind.

Thanks! I really liked the idea when I came up with it. Especially since he is sort of a rugged detective type.

19 hours ago, Silva said:

Yeah, I like large families. It adds to the characters history. I haven’t named any of them yet though.

On 1/22/2019 at 11:14 PM, ShadowLord_Lith said:

Alright, a bit revised, and hopefully less intensely powered. 

Hide contents

Name: Shen Asheweaver

Appearance: Short (about 5'3"), with dark black hair and lightly tanned skin- is half Scadrian, and so is less 'Asian' in appearance than others from Maipon, wears a loose, dark purple shirt; dark orange, tighter fitting pants, and maroon shoes, with a dark green sash around his waist. 

Personality: Well- meaning, kind, concerned, optimistic, determined, practical, loyal. 

Magic: Forgery, A-tin, Breath 3'rd heightening.

Backstory: His mother was from Sel, and his father was from Scadrial. He born in Maipon and grew up learning forgery. He had a knack for it and became very good at it. Around the time he was ten, he got taken hostage by a world hopper escaping other world hoppers, and they made his way to Nalthis. During this, shrapnel from an explosion damaged his eyes and left him nearsighted while also causing him to snap. Once on Nalthis, they found their way to Hallindren where he escaped and made a living painting pictures, using ash for his first few which earned him his last name. Later on, he began forging them to a better, more perfect appearance. The forgery lasted longer and longer as he gained skill and breaths, and this continued until he achieved the third heightening. 

Experienced losing his breath once in a rather sudden and jarring moment. It impacted his ability to craft art so badly that he has sworn to never let go of his breaths again, even to awaken. Around his eighteenth birthday, he accidentally did something with his forging. He was trying to make the distance between his home and the market shutter so he couldn't have to walk as far, but when he tested it, he'd gotten it a bit too detailed and he wound up falling through a crack in space, ending up in the Alleyverse. 

The stamp he used to do this with broke during the landing, and he wandered until he found the church who took him in. He has since grown to deeply respect the church, almost like family. He uses his Allomancy to mostly make up for his nearsightedness, though it's a trade off and leaves him farsighted while he uses it. 

Skills: Thin and undefined, is muscled and athletic nonetheless, enjoying climbing, acrobatics, and running. Has fairly decent resistance to pain of most kinds, and is a great brawler. Has a knowledge of the human body from an early training to be a bodyforger. 

Weaknesses: near sighted, Minor PTSD brought on by shattering glass, problems adjusting to sudden changes in light. 

Dislikes: Heretics, destroyers of art, those who insult his beliefs.

Church: Voidus knows about this, and I was asked to stay mostly secret about it, but he focuses on creating art for his church; working mainly in maintenance when he isn't creating art. Has a strong aversion to fighting unless art or his friends or members of the clergy are threatened. 

PRO: Optimist

How's this? ^_^

I owe you two apologies. One, for not reading your bio closely enough the first time (I did miss that), and for completely missing this post when you posted it. Thanks, Po, for pointing it out. Sorry for the delay, Lith. 

Nicely filled in. Based on the oath 'to never let go of his breaths again, even to awaken', combined with the other weaknesses, I believe that character is within the acceptable range for E3. And I must commend you, I really like your explanation for how they got to the Alleyverse. I'll add him to the list. 

On 1/24/2019 at 4:35 PM, TheVillageIdiot said:

I have a character 

Hide contents

This is within the target power range. I'll add it to the list. Welcome to the Verse. 

22 hours ago, ElendVenture said:

Investiture: Coinshot (strong)

Special skills and weapons: Carries one glass knife (He knew a certain someone who had two and caught on, but broke the other in a fight) and a glass vial with steel shavings in it.  Is skilled at knife fighting and archery. Well trained in his skill set within allomancy.

History/Biography: Born in 1002 CE to Nora, a skaa woman who had a secretly fell in love  with  a nobleman named Elandrial of House Tiekal. They ran off to the forest together to avoid the attack of the Lord Ruler as they raised a family. Second youngest, Damon's mother died in childbirth when he was five years old. His baby sister survived and him and his brother did there best to run the house while there father, presumed dead, by the nobles, worked as a skaa craftsman running a carpentry shop. He brought grain back to his family back in the forest. When he was 18 Damon snapped, attacked by a wolf while chopping lumber in the forest for his fathers carpentry shop. He went a year later to Luthadel help provide his his family. He met the right people and after finding that, while running the carpentry shop while his father was checking on the rest of the family, they had been raided by the Canton of Inquisition, he began his personal war on the Empire. He was trained by an other assassin who was very talented. He worked  as an assassin doing any anything he could  as long as it will harm the Final Empire, the Ministrys, or noblemen. When the Empire fell, Damon was not sure what to do and ended up as a freelance assassin.

This is within the target power range. I'll add it to the list. Welcome to the Verse. 

21 hours ago, ElendVenture said:

Because I saw a character who was both an allomacer and a feruchemist which is some serious power.

*gasps* Who would do such a thing? That's horribly OP. Especially if they also have an amberite aether, extensive military experience, and were once gifted an Honourblade. Whoever this mysterious person is, they deserve to be scolded. 

Mace is the poster child for OP characters. Separating the previous characters from the E3 one is one of the reasons I put started using a second post. The upcoming era has much tighter power restrictions. 

20 hours ago, Silva said:

Just an advance warning people, you're getting a miniture Acute family tree/chart when the time skip thread comes around to make sense of all the cousins. Only the Obtuses and one other set of Acutes, so only nineteen of them total, but without it people might get confused when they're all referenced. Yes, they all have names, ages, and investiture. 

Yes, a family tree would be useful to keep track of all of those. 

15 minutes ago, Archer said:

I owe you two apologies. One, for not reading your bio closely enough the first time (I did miss that), and for completely missing this post when you posted it. Thanks, Po, for pointing it out. Sorry for the delay, Lith. 

Nicely filled in. Based on the oath 'to never let go of his breaths again, even to awaken', combined with the other weaknesses, I believe that character is within the acceptable range for E3. And I must commend you, I really like your explanation for how they got to the Alleyverse. I'll add him to the list. 

*gasps* Who would do such a thing? That's horribly OP. Especially if they also have an amberite aether, extensive military experience, and were once gifted an Honourblade. Whoever this mysterious person is, they deserve to be scolded. 

Mace is the poster child for OP characters. Separating the previous characters from the E3 one is one of the reasons I put started using a second post. The upcoming era has much tighter power restrictions. 

Yes, a family tree would be useful to keep track of all of those. 

Thank You! :D

No problems- in large amounts of similar seeming text, lines can get blurred and you can accidentally skip a line or two without realizing it. Especially if you're doing it often. I'm glad I was able to pull him down a couple dozen notches- thank you for the advice and help!