Alleyverse Characters

Archer

OP character approval  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Should Legend (Page 89) be approved?

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

1 minute ago, Archer said:

This character is too powerful. The time traveling and ability to make alternate universes is the biggest issue. The surgebinding was difficult to score as well.

Okay, I get that she is kind of OP. But there are some ways I managed to balance it out I think you missed. The first is that her surgebinding can be unreliable. Sometimes she has control over where she can go or do, but often she has no control over where and when she travels to when using her Surges. (This is sort of an adventure hook that helps get her involved in Alleyverse events, so I'd rather not change it.) The second part is that, yeah the universe thing is pretty OP, but she cannot create one at-will. She can only do this to a universe that is already starting to fall apart, or "unravel". Basically, by using the Surge of Progression, she can restore a universe to a status where it can function once again. She only creates another universe if, otherwise, the thing that caused the universe to unravel wouldn't be able to be stopped otherwise. Even then, that universe usually unravels, leaving only one behind. And it also does really drain her, making her very weak and vulnerable (as I showed in the #TENT RP).

However, I understand that you want her to be nerfed a bit, so I'd be happy to comply. But first, what does all the "+110 M" or "-10-25" stuff mean?

The Index, Spoilered for length.

Spoiler

Introduction

The Index is a resource created for the analysis of Era Three characters. Moderators may consult the Index during the approval process, but are encouraged to use their discretion above all.  The recommended cap for a character is 150 points. 100 of these may be used for points from any category, like magic. 50 of the points may only be used for skills. 

Characters who are overpowered but entirely non-combative should be given exemptions and allowed to exceed this value. Characters who are savants or otherwise more capable than the average person at using their magical power should be assigned additional points for their proficiency. Similarly, weak users of a power should see their score diminish. The suggested scores are meant as a guideline only.

Powers not listed on the Index should still be considered. Assigning them scores based on the point allotment for similar powers is recommended.

Weaknesses

To subtract from a character’s score, the tabulator should take into account their weaknesses. Since even the same weakness can affect different people in drastically different ways, it is up to the person scoring to decide how many points to take away. For example, a character with a temper who becomes incapable of functioning when angry should have many points subtracted, while one with the same weakness who becomes violent and determined in similar circumstances should have few points deducted. The tabulator should consider how the characters weakness effects their ability to use their powers, act they way they would like to, exert influence over others, function regularly, and anything else of relevance.

Technology and Tools

Resources which are widely available and not very powerful do not need to count towards a character’s score. For example, swords are commonplace. Shardblades, on the other hand, are rarer and more powerful, so they add points to a character’s score. The Index measures deviation from the capabilities of a regular human, so if most humans are able to acquire and use an item, it need not be considered.

Spoiler

Nalthian Objects:

Sentient Awakened Object: 90 points

Item with 100 breaths: 20

Item with 200 breaths: 30

Item with 300 breaths: 50

Item with 400 breaths: 70

Lifeless: 30

Kalad Phantom: 70

“Super” Lifeless: 80

Tear of Edgli: 1

Rosharan Objects:

Shardplate: 40

Shardblade: 30

Fabrials:

Altering Fabrials:

Augmenters:

Heatrial: 5

Half Shard: 30

Grandbow: 10 (But requires Radiancy or Shardplate to be used)

Painrial (Pain Increase): 20

Diminishers:

Painrial (Pain Decrease): 20

Pairing Fabrials:

Conjoiners:

Spanread: 5

Warning Fabrials:

Alerters:

Basic Alerter (Rysn Interlude): 15

Emotional Detectors: 10

Ancient Fabrials:

Soulcasters:

Zephyr (Translucent Gas, Air): 15

Vapor (Opaque Gas, Smoke, Fog): 25

Spark (Fire): 30

Lucentia (Quartz, Glass, Crystal): 20

Pulp (Wood, Plants, Moss): 20

Blood (Blood, All non-oil Liquid): 25

Tallow (Oil): 20

Foil (Metal): 25

Talus (Rock and Stones): 25

Sinew (Meat, Flesh): 25

Radiant Fabrials:

Adhesion (Full Lashing) (Windrunner): 25

Adhesion (Spiritual Adhesion) (Bondsmith):15

Gravitation (Basic Lashing) (Windrunner): 35

Gravitation (Reverse Lashing) (Windrunner): 25

Gravitation (Basic Lashing) (Skybreaker): 35

Gravitation (Reverse Lashing) (Skybreaker): 25

Division (Decay) (Dustbringer): 45

Division (Unknown) (Skybreaker): ?

Abrasion (Slicking) (Edgedancer): 25

Abrasion (Unknown) (Dustbringer): ?

Progression (Regrowth) (Edgedancer): 40

Progression (Growth) (Edgedancer): 25

Progression (Regrowth) (Truthwatcher): 40

Progression (Growth) (Truthwatcher): 25

Illumination (Lightweaving) (Lightweaver): 40

Illumination (Unknown) (Truthwatcher): ?

Transformation (Soulcasting) (Elsecaller): 30

Transformation (Soulcasting) (Lightweaver): 30

Transportation (Elsecalling) (Elsecaller): 35

Transportation (Unknown) (Willshaper): ?

Cohesion (Unknown)(Willshaper): ?

Cohesion (Unknown) (Stoneward): ?

Tension (Stoneward): 35

Tension (Bondsmith): 20

Scadrian Objects:

Hemalurgic Spikes:

Allomantic Spikes:

Steel Spike (Physical Powers):

Iron Granting Spike: 50

Steel Granting Spike: 50

Tin Granting Spike: 40

Pewter Granting Spike: 50

Bronze Spike (Mental Powers):

Zinc Granting Spike: 40

Brass Granting Spike: 40

Copper Granting Spike: 40

Bronze Granting Spike: 40

Electrum Spike (Enhancement Powers):

Aluminum Granting Spike: 10

Duralumin Granting Spike: 10

Chromium Granting Spike: 40

Nicrosil Granting Spike: 40

Cadmium Spike (Temporal Powers):

Gold Granting Spike: 40

Electrum Granting Spike: 50

Cadmium Granting Spike: 40

Bendalloy Granting Spike: 50

Feruchemical Spikes:

Pewter Spike (Physical Powers):

Steel Granting Spike: 60

Tin Granting Spike: 40

Pewter Granting Spike: 50

Brass Spike (Cognitive Powers):

Zinc Granting Spike: 40

Brass Granting Spike: 40

Copper Granting Spike: 40

Bronze Granting Spike: 40

Gold Spike (Hybrid Powers):

Gold Granting Spike: 60

Electrum Granting Spike: 40

Cadmium Granting Spike: 40

Bendalloy Granting Spike: 40

Bendalloy Spike (Spiritual Powers):

Aluminum Granting Spike: 40

Duralumin Granting Spike: 40

Chromium Granting Spike: 60

Nicrosil Granting Spike: 40

Ability Spikes:

Iron Spike (Points based on the physical strength of the person spiked):

Physically Weak Person: 20

Physically Average Person: 35

Physically Strong Person: 50

Tin Spike:

Eyesight Spike: 30

Smell Spike: 15

Hearing Spike: 25

Touch Spike: 20

Taste Spike: 10

Zinc Spike (Points based on the mental strength of the person spiked):

Mentally Weak Person: 15

Mentally Average Person: 30

Mentally Strong Person: 50

Copper Spike (Points based on the mental strength of the person spiked):

Mentally Weak Person: 10

Mentally Average Person: 25

Mentally Strong Person: 40

Spiritual Spikes:

Chromium Spike: ? (Due to the unknown nature of this spike.)

Nicrosil Spike: 60

Aluminum Spike: 60

Duralumin Spike: 25

God Metal Spikes:

Atium: 80

Lerasium: 150

Note: If one has 2 or more spikes, for the point value, add both spike’s point values together and multiply by 1.5

God Metal Vials and Bracers:

Atium:

Atium Vial: 50

Atium Bracer: 80

Malatium Vial: 25

Malatium Bracer: 40

Lerasium:

Lerasium Bead: 300

Alcatraz (Earth)

Lenses:

Bestower’s Lenses: 20

Courier’s Lenses: 10

Discerner’s Lenses: 5

Disguiser’s Lenses: 15

Educator’s Lenses: 20

Firebringer’s Lenses: 25

Frostbringer’s Lenses: 25

Harrier’s Lenses: 20

Oculator’s Lenses: 0 (Come with becoming an Oculator)

Oracle’s Lenses: 20

Shamefiller’s Lenses: 25

Shaper’s Lenses: 20

Shatterer’s Lenses: 15

Shocker’s Lenses: 25

Tracker’s Lenses: 20

Translator’s Lenses: 10

Traveler’s Lenses: 20

Truthfinder’s Lenses: 25

Torturerer’s Lenses: 20

Warrior’s Lenses: 15

Windstormer’s Lenses: 15

Voidstormer’s Lenses: 15

Reckoners (Earth)

Motivators:

Prime Invincibility: 50

Movement Ability (Teleportation, Increased Speed, etc.): 30

Defensive Ability (Defensive Force Fields, Object Deflection, etc.) : 35

Offensive Ability (Energy Blasts, etc.): 40

Special Skills

The skills listed are skewed towards those which are useful in combat, but that is understandable as the Index measures how much better a character is than the average human. Most people have basic skills like the ability to cook, do what they were taught in school, and preform their duties at their place of employment. It is assumed that everyone will have a base level of ability. If they do not, that could be considered to be a weakness. But the average person does not have extensive combat training, hence points are assigned to those who do.

Skills of note that are not listed may still be allotted points. For example, excellence in acrobatics or being an artifabrian could add to a character’s score.

Intelligence (Ability to learn new skills, ability to understand complex subjects, etc.):
Average: 0
Smart: 15
Intelligent: 30
Genius: 45
Mastermind: 65

Skill Levels:
Amateur: 3-11 months of training
Average: 1 year to 5 years of training
Skilled: 5-10 years of training
Expert: 10-15 years of training

Assassination:
Amateur: 20
Average: 40
Skilled: 60
Expert: 80

Hand to Hand Combat Training (Martial Arts, Boxing, etc.):
Amateur: 10
Average: 20
Skilled: 30
Expert: 50

Melee Weapon Combat Training (Swords, Knives, Staffs, etc.)
Amateur: 20
Average: 35
Skilled: 50
Expert: 75

Poison Mixing:
Amateur: 5
Average: 15
Skilled: 25
Expert: 40

Projectile Weapon Combat Training (Guns, Bows, Knives, etc.):
Amateur: 30
Average: 45
Skilled: 60
Expert: 80

Scholarship (Analysis, Base Knowledge, etc.):
Average: 20
Skilled: 30
Expert: 40

Thievery:
Average: 25
Skilled: 40
Expert: 60

Magical Abilities

Entries denoted by an asterisk are powers that come from having a non-human physiology.

Alleyplanet (Alleyverse)

User of Voidmaking: Rank on a scale of one to ten based on willpower, strength, and experience. Multiply by five and add 65.

Example: A voidmaker who recently received their powers, has limited offensive capabilities, and a standard level of magic suppression ability: +70

Detritus (Skyward)

[Redacted while the spoiler suppression period is in effect.]

Earth (Alcatraz vs the Evil Librarians)

Crystin: +25

Smedry Talent: Impure, +25, Prime, +50, Dark Talent, +150

Oculator/User of Blood-Forged Lenses: +40

Alivened augmentations: +15

Earth (Defending Elysium)

Sense: +15

Mind Blades: +40

FTL transport: +40

Earth (Dreamer from Games Creatures Play)

Body Stealing Ability: +800

Earth (The Reckoners)

Epic Power: Counting primary, secondary, and tertiary powers all together and subtracting the impact their weakness has on their ability, rank on scale of 1 – 10 based on power output and usefulness. Multiply score by 10 and add 20.

Additional Prime Invincibility (High Epic): +20 (or +40 if also lacking a weakness)

Post-Calamity Epic (no Epic weakness): +5

Examples: Donny ‘Curveball’ Harrison = 30, Knoxx = 40, Refractionary = 70, Obliteration = 160

[Whenever possible, instead of using the above scoring methodology, consult Voidus about Epic characters. He has a system.]

Earth (The Rithmatist)

Rithmatist: +30

Melody-level ability: An additional +30

First of the Sun (Sixth of the Dusk)

Aviar: +10 per

(Infinity Blade)

Deathless: Rank by their amount of experience.

New: +50

Old: +75

Veteran: +100

Very Experienced: +150

Witnessed the Creation of the Civilized World: +200

Imperium (Aether of Night)

Amberite Bond: +35

Verdant Bond: +30

Bestarian Bond: +10

Ferrous Bond: +10

Luminous Bond: +25

Lukarvia (I Hate Dragons)

Knack: Rank each knack’s power on a scale of 1 – 3. Multiply by five.

Nalthis (Warbreaker)

First Heightening: +30

Second Heightening: +40

Third Heightening: +70

Fourth Heightening: +100

Fifth Heightening: +150

Returned: +55

Roshar (The Stormlight Archive)

Surgebinder: First Ideal, +60, Second Ideal, +80, Third Ideal, +100, Fourth Ideal, +120

Knight Radiant Squire: +50

Old Magic Boon/Bane: Treat like an Epic Power [see: Earth (The Reckoners)], but the minimum is 5 instead.

Fabrial that replicates surges: +30

*Dysian Aimian: +45

*Siah Aimian: +45

*Singer: +20

*Spren: 0

Scadrial (Mistborn)

Misting: Aluminum, lerasium (without access to the metal) and duralumin, +5, Level One, +35, Level Two, +45, Level Three, +55. [Note: Level distinctions are non-canon.]

Level One: Brass, Bronze, Cadmium, Chromium, Copper, Gold, Malatium, Nicrosil, Tin, Zinc.

Level Two: Bendalloy, Electrum, Iron, Steel, Pewter

Level Three: Atium

Mistborn: +160

Ferring: Level One, +30, Level Two, +40, Level Three, +50.

Level One: Aluminum, Atium, Brass, Bendalloy, Bronze, Cadmium, Copper, Electrum, Duralumin, Nicrosil, Tin, Zinc

Level Two: Iron, Pewter, Malatium

Level Three: Chromium, Gold, Steel

Feruchemist: +150

Complimentary Twinborn Combination: +10

Compounder: Level One, +100, Level Two, +120, Level Three, +140

Level One: Aluminum, Brass, Bronze, Cadmium, Copper, Duralumin, Electrum, Tin, Zinc

Level Two: Bendalloy, Iron, Pewter

Level Three: Atium, Chromium, Gold, Nicrosil, Steel

Fullborn: +1000

Hemalurgist: If using hemalurgy to replicate a feruchemical or allomantic power, subtract five from the score a ferring or misting would receive. Consider removing more points than five for additional spikes. Use discretion to judge the power level of spikes granting other abilities. 

*Kandra: Rank based on skill level and skeleton type on a scale of 1-10. Multiply by five and add 70. Examples: An experienced kandra using human bone is 85, and a kandra with extensive combat training and a carbon-fiber skeleton is 115.

*Full koloss: +20

*Koloss-blooded: +10

Sel (Elantris, The Emperor’s Soul)

Elantrian: Rank based on experience and knowledge on a scale of 1-10. Multiply by five and add 75.

Dakhor user: +80 for full monk, +30 for single limb mutation.

ChayShan user: +40

Forger: +60

Bloodsealer: +50

Solar System Near Earth (Centrifugal)

Enhanced jumping: +10

Enhanced adrenaline: +30

Both enhancements: +45

Other enhancements: Rank on a scale of 1-5 based on power output and usability. Multiply by five and add five.

Taldain (White Sand)

Sand master: Rank their ability from 1 - 5. Multiply by 5 and add 35.

The Westlands (The Wheel of Time)

[Consult @Dr. Dapper He can decipher this part. I have no idea how any of this section works. The two lists titled 'male' confuse me, and I'm scared to put colons where I'm not sure they belong.]

• Male
    • 1-11 -1000
    • 12-17 -500
    • 18-36 -150
    • 54-72 -100
    • 37-53 -125

• Male
    • ++1-++6 -1200.
    • 7-17 -1000
    • 18-35 -500
    • 36-53 -150
    • 54-72 -125

• Tallents (Incomplete. If you remember any, post them)
    • Ter’angreal: your character can make ter’angreal with various strength. - 40 points.
    • Healing: your character can Heal other people of illness and wounds -10 points for normal proficiency, -30 for high.
    • Gateways: your character can make gateways -15 points for normal proficiency, -30 for high proficiency.
    • Foretelling: your character has the Foretelling, letting them see into the future -500 points
    • Cloud Dancer: Your character is a Cloud Dancer who can control the weather. -30 points
    • Ter’angreal sense: Your character can sense the use of ter’angreal -10 points.
    • Dreamer: Your character can glimpse the future in their dreams, and can dreamwalk. -30 points+dreamwalking

• Aes Sedai: Your character is an Aes Sedai who has taken the Three Oaths. +25 points and non-combative (I’m too lazy to do Ajahs right now)
  • Asha’man: Your character is an Asha’man, who has received training at the Black Tower. -10 points
  • Warder bond: You bonded a warder, granting you the ability to know where your warder is, and the warder will protect you. -15 points.

• Blademaster: Your character has a heron marked blade, which defines you as a blademaster. -25 points (-30 if you have a power forged sword)
  • Warder: Your character is bonded to a channeler, granting them increased strength and endurance, and enhanced healing. Your character will also know the emotions and location of their channeler -5 points

Earth (Heuristic Algorithm and Reasoning Response Engine from Armored)

TBC

(Firstborn)

TBC

(Warhammer 40k)

TBC [Grey Knight has offered to improve this section.]

15 minutes ago, Le Sigh said:

Okay, I get that she is kind of OP. But there are some ways I managed to balance it out I think you missed. The first is that her surgebinding can be unreliable. Sometimes she has control over where she can go or do, but often she has no control over where and when she travels to when using her Surges. (This is sort of an adventure hook that helps get her involved in Alleyverse events, so I'd rather not change it.) The second part is that, yeah the universe thing is pretty OP, but she cannot create one at-will. She can only do this to a universe that is already starting to fall apart, or "unravel". Basically, by using the Surge of Progression, she can restore a universe to a status where it can function once again. She only creates another universe if, otherwise, the thing that caused the universe to unravel wouldn't be able to be stopped otherwise. Even then, that universe usually unravels, leaving only one behind. And it also does really drain her, making her very weak and vulnerable (as I showed in the #TENT RP).

However, I understand that you want her to be nerfed a bit, so I'd be happy to comply. But first, what does all the "+110 M" or "-10-25" stuff mean?

I'm uneasy that your character gets to make the sole call about when it's time for a universe to be split (it's an element you're adding, so in practice, you'd be the one deciding when to do it). I feel that something of that magnitude shouldn't be in the hands of a single person. Additionally, it could create plot problems (paradoxes, need for retcons etc.). It's a big element to add to the RP. 

When scoring weaknesses, I need details. How unreliable is it? Once a day it fails? Half-the time? The more unreliable you indicate it is, the higher I can score it. 

The notes I added were how I scored powers/weaknesses. If you look at the Index (thanks for posting it, Snipexe) you'll find what everything is worth. I use 'M' to denote magical abilities (of which you can have up to 100 points of, and 'S' to denote skill points. You get 150 points. 100 of them can be used for anything, 50 are set aside for skills alone. '-' means I subtracted from your total, '+' means I added to it. 

EDIT: @Lord Meeker I'd treat the recently posted one as a copy. Edit the one in the second post of this thread please, that's the official version. I stopped calling them drafts after we made a 'final' version (the one that's posted where I indicated).

Edited by Archer

Thanks @Snipexe! I'll get to work now. Here you go, @Archer! Tell me if anything else needs fixing.

Spoiler

Name: Anna

Investiture: Surgebinder of the Third Ideal (Not a technically canonical name, Ideal is to keep the space-time continuum in balance so that the universe cannot collapse; Progression and Transportation, with a Timespren; see below), Hemalurgy (2 Pewter Spike: Allows her to store physical strength and speed, similar to a Pewter Ferring, and they also somehow interfere with her Surgebinding, making it so that she doesn't need Stormlight to operate her powers.)

Weakness: Unstable Investiture - the Hemalurgy negated her need of Stormlight for Surgebinding, but it caused her power to be very fickle and chaotic. They function correctly about 50% of the time - or, on a good day, 66% or even 25%, though these are more rare. Slightly insane, most of the time she can still function cognitively, but sometimes if she gets too stressed out or angry she begins to have hallucinations or fits of murderous rage.

Special skills and Weapons: Carries no weapon, but can turn her Timespren, Turner, into a Shardgun. This Shardgun can take the form of any type of gun (mainly the ones seen in Mistborn Era 2), but it's really all up to the power of her imagination. However, the Hemalurgy has somewhat interfered with her ability to summon a Shardgun, and so it is weaker than a usual Shardweapon - it takes about four or five shots to kill a person with it. Furthermore, she is not very proficient with fighting, and usually tries to use diplomacy for dealing with threats - or, if they escalate, trying to teleport away.

She is able to use Surgebinding to travel through time. Due to the interference of Hemalurgy, she does not need to use Stormlight to activate her abilities, making them pretty much at will. However, the interference has made them rather unstable, so occasionally when she attempts an effect, it works in a different way than what she wanted. With the Surge of Transportation, she can travel both through space and time. With the Surge of Progression, she can affect the way a person travels through time, making them super-slow or super-fast. She can also use the Surge of Progression to restore a universe that is being "unravelled" to what it was - or, if there is too many sides to the unravelling, into two different universes - one in which the thing that caused the unravelling to happen happens, and another in which it doesn't happen. This is very draining on her, however. Read here for more info. (OOC Note: This sort of thing can only be done with RP admin admission, and even then it can be rather game-changing, so alternatives may be suggested. This will not be something she can commonly do, however, as it is so draining upon her.)

She has Hemalurgic Spikes, two of pewter. They allow her to store physical strength and speed, similar to a Pewter Ferring. However, these spikes also interfered with her Surgebinding abilities as described above.

As well as her Timespren, Turner, Anna carries with her a small lint-like creature. It floats around her and as apparently some sort of missionary trying to recruit her into the Ghostbloods. So far she has resisted its offers, though day by day she gets more convinced it could aid her...

Physical characteristics: Anna is a young female human in her early twenties. She has fair skin, strawberry blonde hair, and emerald green eyes. She typically wears a flowing, white blouse with a leather vest covering the chest, tight pants, and leather boots.

Family: Anna's mother was a Veden noble (with some Horneater blood) from Roshar, and her father was an adventurous Worldhopper from Scadrial. He met Anna's mother while on a quest to find a gemheart, and he left her with a young child in her womb (one which the mother did not know about until 3 months later).

Home: Born on Roshar, but doesn't really call any place her home.

History/Biography: Anna's mother was a Veden noble (with some Horneater blood) from Roshar, and her father was an adventurous Worldhopper from Scadrial. He met Anna's mother while on a quest to find a gemheart, and he left her with a young child in her womb (one which the mother did not know about until 3 months later). And so it was that Anna was brought into the pampered life of nobility. She was taught about politics, mathematics, writing, reading and history. However, none of these things really interested her, for she had inherited her father's bravery and curiosity. She got into all sorts of trouble, which eventually got her chased out of her town as an 18-year old. She wandered the land for many years before she ended up at the Nightwatcher's lair. She asked to be able to find her father and the land he'd come from, and that became her boon. But the bane came in a way she did not expect.

Somewhere along the way, Anna somehow swore to the oaths of a Knight Radiant. However, the interference of the Nightwatcher gave her an Investiture anomaly; instead of swearing to one of the normal pacts of the Knights, she somehow managed to gain two different Surges that normally did not combine with each other; the Surges of Progression and Transportation. She also gained a type of spren known as a Timespren, who represented the passage of time. She named him Turner, as he appeared in the Physical Realm as an ever-turning wheel of light and darkness. She found that she could use the Surge of Transportation not only to travel great distances across space, but across time as well. Ecstatic, she realized she could finally go find her father. However, she rushed a little and was too wild with her power. She did teleport to Scadrial, her father's land, but she'd accidentally traveled back in time, to the Pre-Harmony era.

There, she was abducted by Inquisitors. Once they found that she could travel through time, they thought this was some new kind of Allomancy. Thus, they tried to turn her into an Inquisitor. She managed to teleport forwards in time before they completed the process, but the two pewter spikes they'd given her had interfered not only with her mind, making her slightly insane, but also her Surgebinding - the Hemalurgy interfered with it, negating her need of Stormlight to operate her powers, but also making them a bit fickle and unreliable at certain times, if she isn't careful.

She had time-traveled to 2nd Era Scadrial, in the City of Elendel. She did end up meeting her father, but when she talked to him he got all frightened and denied that she was her daughter. This sparked her insanity, and she slew him in a fit of rage. Afterwards, she felt extremely guilty, and has, for the most part, left behind most civilizations all together, wandering through the Cosmere. Turner kept her company, telling her that it was all going to be okay. Eventually, she stumbled upon the Alleyverse. Her natural curiosity sparking up once again, she set out to go see what this place was.

1 minute ago, Le Sigh said:

Thanks @Snipexe! I'll get to work now. Here you go, @Archer! Tell me if anything else needs fixing.

Hide contents

Name: Anna

Investiture: Surgebinder of the Third Ideal [+100M] (Not a technically canonical name, Ideal is to keep the space-time continuum in balance so that the universe cannot collapse; Progression and Transportation, with a Timespren; see below), Hemalurgy (2 Pewter Spike: Allows her to store physical strength and speed [+110M], similar to a Pewter Ferring, and they also somehow interfere with her Surgebinding, making it so that she doesn't need Stormlight to operate her powers.) [+10M]

Weakness: Unstable Investiture - the Hemalurgy negated her need of Stormlight for Surgebinding, but it caused her power to be very fickle and chaotic. They function correctly about 50% of the time - or, on a good day, 66% or even 25%, though these are more rare [-50M]. Slightly insane, most of the time she can still function cognitively, but sometimes if she gets too stressed out or angry she begins to have hallucinations or fits of murderous rage. [-15 to 20 (ones that increase aggression are hard to score. If they make you a better fighter, it's less of a weakness.)]

Special skills and Weapons: Carries no weapon, but can turn her Timespren, Turner, into a Shardgun. This Shardgun can take the form of any type of gun (mainly the ones seen in Mistborn Era 2), but it's really all up to the power of her imagination. However, the Hemalurgy has somewhat interfered with her ability to summon a Shardgun, and so it is weaker than a usual Shardweapon - it takes about four or five shots to kill a person with it. Furthermore, she is not very proficient with fighting, and usually tries to use diplomacy for dealing with threats - or, if they escalate, trying to teleport away. [+0]

She is able to use Surgebinding to travel through time. [+something additional to the base score because non-canonical ability on top of the other two)] Due to the interference of Hemalurgy, she does not need to use Stormlight to activate her abilities, making them pretty much at will. However, the interference has made them rather unstable, so occasionally when she attempts an effect, it works in a different way than what she wanted. With the Surge of Transportation, she can travel both through space and time. With the Surge of Progression, she can affect the way a person travels through time, making them super-slow or super-fast. She can also use the Surge of Progression to restore a universe that is being "unravelled" to what it was - or, if there is too many sides to the unravelling, into two different universes - one in which the thing that caused the unravelling to happen happens, and another in which it doesn't happen. This is very draining on her, however. Read here for more info. (OOC Note: This sort of thing can only be done with RP admin admission, and even then it can be rather game-changing, so alternatives may be suggested. This will not be something she can commonly do, however, as it is so draining upon her.)

She has Hemalurgic Spikes, two of pewter. They allow her to store physical strength and speed, similar to a Pewter Ferring. However, these spikes also interfered with her Surgebinding abilities as described above.

As well as her Timespren, Turner, Anna carries with her a small lint-like creature. It floats around her and as apparently some sort of missionary trying to recruit her into the Ghostbloods. So far she has resisted its offers, though day by day she gets more convinced it could aid her... [+0 for now]

Physical characteristics: Anna is a young female human in her early twenties. She has fair skin, strawberry blonde hair, and emerald green eyes. She typically wears a flowing, white blouse with a leather vest covering the chest, tight pants, and leather boots.

Family: Anna's mother was a Veden noble (with some Horneater blood) from Roshar, and her father was an adventurous Worldhopper from Scadrial. He met Anna's mother while on a quest to find a gemheart, and he left her with a young child in her womb (one which the mother did not know about until 3 months later).

Home: Born on Roshar, but doesn't really call any place her home.

History/Biography: Anna's mother was a Veden noble (with some Horneater blood) from Roshar, and her father was an adventurous Worldhopper from Scadrial. He met Anna's mother while on a quest to find a gemheart, and he left her with a young child in her womb (one which the mother did not know about until 3 months later). And so it was that Anna was brought into the pampered life of nobility. She was taught about politics, mathematics, writing, reading and history. However, none of these things really interested her, for she had inherited her father's bravery and curiosity. She got into all sorts of trouble, which eventually got her chased out of her town as an 18-year old. She wandered the land for many years before she ended up at the Nightwatcher's lair. She asked to be able to find her father and the land he'd come from, and that became her boon. But the bane came in a way she did not expect.

Somewhere along the way, Anna somehow swore to the oaths of a Knight Radiant. However, the interference of the Nightwatcher gave her an Investiture anomaly; instead of swearing to one of the normal pacts of the Knights, she somehow managed to gain two different Surges that normally did not combine with each other; the Surges of Progression and Transportation. She also gained a type of spren known as a Timespren, who represented the passage of time. She named him Turner, as he appeared in the Physical Realm as an ever-turning wheel of light and darkness. She found that she could use the Surge of Transportation not only to travel great distances across space, but across time as well. Ecstatic, she realized she could finally go find her father. However, she rushed a little and was too wild with her power. She did teleport to Scadrial, her father's land, but she'd accidentally traveled back in time, to the Pre-Harmony era.

There, she was abducted by Inquisitors. Once they found that she could travel through time, they thought this was some new kind of Allomancy. Thus, they tried to turn her into an Inquisitor. She managed to teleport forwards in time before they completed the process, but the two pewter spikes they'd given her had interfered not only with her mind, making her slightly insane, but also her Surgebinding - the Hemalurgy interfered with it, negating her need of Stormlight to operate her powers, but also making them a bit fickle and unreliable at certain times, if she isn't careful.

She had time-traveled to 2nd Era Scadrial, in the City of Elendel. She did end up meeting her father, but when she talked to him he got all frightened and denied that she was her daughter. This sparked her insanity, and she slew him in a fit of rage. Afterwards, she felt extremely guilty, and has, for the most part, left behind most civilizations all together, wandering through the Cosmere. Turner kept her company, telling her that it was all going to be okay. Eventually, she stumbled upon the Alleyverse. Her natural curiosity sparking up once again, she set out to go see what this place was.

While the final score on this comes out to only 170*, they're all magic points. We made it so that everyone could only have a certain amount of magic, but that less invested people could have extra skills to compensate. Unfortunately, this character has too many magical abilities. The quick nerf is to remove the spikes. Or, you could add more weaknesses. 

I really think that time travel is an element that needs to be further discussed before it's added to the RP. If anyone who's reading this wants to throw their two cents in, I'm open to second opinions. If we do add it, I believe points should be added for having that ability (so budget for that). 

@Archer Hmm I probably should change the Hemalurgic spikes. I mean as a non-combatant person it wouldn't make sense for her to have Pewter of all things *facepalms*

I want to keep the spikes as they are a foil as to why some of her abilities are weaker than others (fickleness of Surgebinding, less damaging Shardweapon, etc.) But I'm not sure what would be the weakest kind of spike would be (my Hemalurgy knowledge isn't that great). I could decrease it to one, I suppose, but what kind would get me the lowest points? What do you think?

@kenod It's kind of too late to change it now, as I've used her abilities in multiple different RPs. And the Shardgun works like a Shardblade, except as a projectile. She still needs to "reload" as the gun can only hold a finite amount of bullets (depending on the type she uses, usually around 10 shots), though she has an unlimited amount of bullets as they come from her spren. It's also somewhat weaker than a Shardblade, because of the interference of Hemalurgy.

Edited by Le Sigh
kenod

I can think of a lot of a lot of Spikable  traits that add next to nothing in terms of points. 

As for the time travel, I think that it should be allowed so long as they don’t abuse it, and by that I mean two general things. The first is using it during combat, the second is using it to change the plot and thus players actions.

Those are the two big ones that I can think of right now. I think as a method to access different time periods it could be cool, and add an interesting aspect to the character. But I don’t know what the rest of community thinks. 

EDIT: You could have a spike for specific connection with one random person. You could let yourself croak like a frog, or chirp like a cricket. 

You could spike different mental disorders, like paranoia or OCD things. 

You could spike a love of a specific type of cookie. 

Edited by MacThorstenson

By the way, when you say that they don't need stormlight to use their abilities, where are they getting the Investure from in that case? Because the ability to use Surgebinding without any sort of fuel could be horrifyingly overpowered, since they'd basically be able to resurrect entire armies, or grow whole forests.
Edit: And that's without taking into account that you could make perpetual motion machines. Getting rid of fuel requirements would basically create a character that could come close to beating Voidus in power, at least when their abilities work.

Edited by kenod

4 minutes ago, kenod said:

By the way, when you say that they don't need stormlight to use their abilities, where are they getting the Investure from in that case? Because the ability to use Surgebinding without any sort of fuel could be horrifyingly overpowered, since they'd basically be able to resurrect entire armies, or grow whole forests.
Edit: And that's without taking into account that you could make perpetual motion machines. Getting rid of fuel requirements would basically create a character that could come close to beating Voidus in power, at least when their abilities work.

That's a good point. I scored it from a practical perspective (in practice, no one in the RP is ever bothered by the availability of stormlight) but the ramifications of allowing it should be thought through. 

I should probably ask that there be explanations provided for the exceptions. Specifically, the surge combo, time travel, and the stormlight. 

By the way, for the record, anything outside of this forum is non-canonical. If your character exists elsewhere (eg. Knights Awkward) it has no bearing on your Alleyverse incarnation. 

58 minutes ago, kenod said:

It also violates conservation of Investiture, which Brandon has established is a legitimate physical law in the cosmere. But yeah, technically someone without the need for Stormlight is more powerful than Voidus, that's literally infinite power, albeit limited to certain things.

EDIT: I've also made my preferences on Time Travel clear and when we took a vote last time I think that was also the general consensus of players. Time travel gets way too complicated way too quickly. We can take another vote if needed though.

I want to say that is this is a really cool and different character concept. And something that I think the RP should be supporting, but that the index isn't built for.

There is a lot of mismatching of abilities and combinations that we didn't plan on, and I don't think that we can easily say that this is a normal radiant, and we need to look at each aspect of the powers.

I didn't change anything about the bolded parts in the quotes by the way. The bolded comments are just arches stuff.

Investiture: Surgebinder of the Third Ideal [+100M] (Not a technically canonical name, Ideal is to keep the space-time continuum in balance so that the universe cannot collapse; Progression and Transportation, with a Timespren; see below),

First thing I want to ask about the radiancy is this, is she getting access to the normal benefits of the surges as well as the non canon ones? 

Second, can she still draw stormlight normally?

Third, does her spren only appear as a shard gun, or also as a shardblade?

If the answer to all three of those questions is yes, then she should be a little above 100. 

If not, then we need to relook at the scoring, because it will depend on her powers specifically.

Hemalurgy (2 Pewter Spike: Allows her to store physical strength and speed [+110M], similar to a Pewter Ferring, and they also somehow interfere with her Surgebinding, making it so that she doesn't need Stormlight to operate her powers.) [+10M]

This one is in debate, but still im confused. @Archer how did you get 110 for the hemalurgy? F-steel is worth 50 points, F-pewter is 40. -5 for each of the spikes, that should be 80.

The stormlight thing could very well be offset by saying that she couldn't draw stormlight in at all. Removing all the benefits from that, and some.

Weakness: Unstable Investiture - the Hemalurgy negated her need of Stormlight for Surgebinding, but it caused her power to be very fickle and chaotic. They function correctly about 50% of the time - or, on a good day, 66% or even 25%, though these are more rare [-50M]. Slightly insane, most of the time she can still function cognitively, but sometimes if she gets too stressed out or angry she begins to have hallucinations or fits of murderous rage. [-15 to 20 (ones that increase aggression are hard to score. If they make you a better fighter, it's less of a weakness.)]

I agree with the rating on the weaknesses.

Special skills and Weapons: Carries no weapon, but can turn her Timespren, Turner, into a Shardgun. This Shardgun can take the form of any type of gun (mainly the ones seen in Mistborn Era 2), but it's really all up to the power of her imagination. However, the Hemalurgy has somewhat interfered with her ability to summon a Shardgun, and so it is weaker than a usual Shardweapon - it takes about four or five shots to kill a person with it. Furthermore, she is not very proficient with fighting, and usually tries to use diplomacy for dealing with threats - or, if they escalate, trying to teleport away. [+0]

This could be a weakness as mentioned above. If it can only be a shardgun and not a blade, spear, or shield then I think some points should be docked. Other than that I agree is balances out at 0.

She is able to use Surgebinding to travel through time. [+something additional to the base score because non-canonical ability on top of the other two)] 

I will say that we did as a community agree that time traveling is a no. I forgot about this when I made my earlier post, but we did say that time traveling is not allowed for a variety of reasons. 

I think you could have it in your past, or just say that there is something weird about her ability in terms of the alleyverse (like she can't use it here), but I don't think that we can allow that to happen in RP.

Due to the interference of Hemalurgy, she does not need to use Stormlight to activate her abilities, making them pretty much at will. However, the interference has made them rather unstable, so occasionally when she attempts an effect, it works in a different way than what she wanted.

Talked about that earlier.

With the Surge of Transportation, she can travel both through space and time. With the Surge of Progression, she can affect the way a person travels through time, making them super-slow or super-fast. She can also use the Surge of Progression to restore a universe that is being "unravelled" to what it was - or, if there is too many sides to the unravelling, into two different universes - one in which the thing that caused the unravelling to happen happens, and another in which it doesn't happen. This is very draining on her, however. Read here for more info. (OOC Note: This sort of thing can only be done with RP admin admission, and even then it can be rather game-changing, so alternatives may be suggested. This will not be something she can commonly do, however, as it is so draining upon her.)

This is something that needs to be talked about. 

Is the surge of transportation essentially teleportation for her (and time travel)? If so I think that it may be a bit on the strong side. Teleportation at will is pretty powerful. In canon, people with the surge of transportation have only been shown to access shadesmar, not teleport.

I understand the part about the surge of progression being used to fix universes, and agree with your comments on that. But what does it mean about transporting people through time fast or slowly?

Finally, are these abilities on top of the normal surge's uses? Or do they replace them.

In conclusion, @Le Sigh I think this is a really cool character concept, and that we should try to get it to work. But right now it needs a little bit more definition.

EDIT: @Voidus I think that the hemalurgic spikes could be changed to make the lack of stormlight happen. In addition to the spiritual stapling that goes on with hemalurgy, the body/spirit is warped. I could see something like her access to breathing in stormlight is switched from the physical realm, to just the spiritual realm.

Edited by MacThorstenson

35 minutes ago, MacThorstenson said:

This one is in debate, but still im confused. @Archer how did you get 110 for the hemalurgy? F-steel is worth 50 points, F-pewter is 40. -5 for each of the spikes, that should be 80.

Firstly, wow. That was a doozy of a post.

Secondly, I based my tally for that part off of the Index's scoring system for spikes (which is hidden in the Tech and Tools spoiler tag):

Feruchemical Spikes:

Pewter Spike (Physical Powers):

Steel Granting Spike: 60

I interpreted the line that said they had the ability to 'store physical strength and speed' as being they had hemalurgically granted F-iron and F-steel, which would give them a score of 110.

Character Submission:

Spoiler

Name: John “Ace” Tawson

Physical Characteristics: 2 meter tall man. 43 years old

Investiture:

Tin Savant

Nightwatcher Boon: Copper Allomancy.

Skills:

Expert Scholar

Skilled Marksman

Equipment:

Spades and Diamonds: 2 custom moded pistols, each with a different purpose.

Spades: A heavy caliber pistol, whose bullets hit hard enough to stop  a person in their tracks if a shot is planted directly in the chest or shoot through a door or wall. It has heavy recoil and cannot be fired quickly.

Diamonds: A lighter caliber pistol. Its bullets lack penetration, but are much more accurate at longer ranges. It has a faster firing rate, less recoil, and can be fitted with a silencer

Weakness:

Colorblind (doesn’t see color)

Nightwatcher Bane: Every person he kills is permenantly screaming in his mind. When he is doing non-physical activities, they fade to a buzz, but the more active or violent he is, the louder they get. Whenever he kills someone the screams are loud enough that he cannot hear anything.

Family: None

Home Planet: Alleyplanet

Backstory: He was born in the underbelly of Alleycity. His mother was killed in a gang war when he was 5, and his father died soon after from a masked hemalurgist that wanted his gold feruchemy. He spent his time growing up on the streets, gaining many scars, both physical and emotional, that can been seen today. It was during this time that he snapped, gaining his tin. He began to experiment with it, whenever he could get his hands on some, and one day while he was trying it out, at about age 10, a DA scientist seeked him burning the metal, and brought him on as a lab assistant. During the next 15 years his life vastly improved, with him learning and studying with the scientist, gaining his skills in marksmanship and analysis. Though he still bore a grudge for Hemalurgists because of what they did to his father, he eventually grew to respect the DA, and his mentor. During the 7-Day war, at age 25, he was on the ground with many of the other DA denizens. After the war, he continued his study and training, but stopped when he discovered that his mentor had been the one to kill his father. After his discovery, he left the DA, going to wherever the wind would take him. He ended up joining the police for a time, before the precursors were formed, and loved detective work. After seeing a massacre by a super rioter, Ace was horrified. It was during this time that he went to the Nightwatcher, and asked for Copper. It took him several years to find her, and when he got back, everything changed. He discovered that the precursors had taken over the police department, and he had been fired. Remembering his love for detective work, he decided to become a private eye

Guild: Unaffliated.

Psyche: Big ego, easy to anger. Has stopped caring about those around him

Personality: Gives off an easy going air, but is incredibly analytical.

Appearance: [The artistically inclined are welcome to include an illustration of their character.] Wears a black Fedora and trench coat. Black hair, brown eyes

Fighting Style: Because of his bane, he tries to be as tactical as possible, trying to kill as few people as possible. His nature as skilled marksman makes this easier as well. He will almost always try to shoot to incapacitate.

23 minutes ago, Archer said:

Firstly, wow. That was a doozy of a post.

Secondly, I based my tally for that part off of the Index's scoring system for spikes (which is hidden in the Tech and Tools spoiler tag):

I interpreted the line that said they had the ability to 'store physical strength and speed' as being they had hemalurgically granted F-iron and F-steel, which would give them a score of 110.

Ok, I was using the area underneath the scadrial heading that listed the spike values. Those should be consistent.

As an aside, I feel like if you add up the values for fabrials for a specific order, and  a shardblade, you should get the value for a third oath radient. ( the benifets of stormlight breathing would be canceled out with the restrictions for oaths)

7 minutes ago, MacThorstenson said:

As an aside, I feel like if you add up the values for fabrials for a specific order, and  a shardblade, you should get the value for a third oath radient. ( the benifets of stormlight breathing would be canceled out with the restrictions for oaths)

If you want to rewrite all of the different fabrial’s point values, then be my guest, but I’m not going to do it.

Edited by Snipexe