Alleyverse Characters

Archer

OP character approval  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Should Legend (Page 89) be approved?

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

On 12/26/2018 at 9:45 AM, Ookla the Memelord said:

Yes.

Also, @Archer, I will tone the suit down. Do you have any ideas for how to do so?

I think it's going to come down to gutting it. You'd have to do some removing of items and weakening of others. 

20 hours ago, Brightness Warrior said:

Thanks. I shall look into those immediately.

So, can I post my character profile here?

Yes. When you do, be sure to tell me if you would like to start using it right away (Era Two), or wait until the next Era begins. 

I'm not sure what the rules are regarding discussion about That Book in this thread, so I'll make this vague. That Book (not to be confused with DE) expands on cytonic's capabilities. I don't believe they are OP, although FTL and the power that resulted in the motivating character doing the thing that motivated the girl could be used in OP ways. Given the popularity of That Book among our members, I expect people will be more up to speed on the magic, but it hasn't been fully explained in canon, so there could be some confusion when people try to use it. And once again, I don't know what the spoiler rules are respecting it, since it's in both DE and That Book

Edited by Archer

The consequences of using it somewhere other than the location of that book are also something that might need to be considered. But yeah it's also going to be difficult because spoilers for that book can't really be posted.

True, but I would point out that if we consider DE and That Book like one would consider the way of kings and the words of radiance, then using characters with cytonic abilities, so long as they are abilities that are explained in DE, shouldn’t be breaking the spoiler rule. Just like how using radiant abilities as described in TWoK wouldn’t break the spoiler rule for TRoD. 

Regardless of those two points, I would point out that we don’t know the consequences of of using abilities like that, and that can make the abilities rediculously unbalanced. Though I suspect that that was what voidus was suggesting when he said that we don’t know too much about them.

Aaaaaaand I realized that I am now arguing against my initial point, so i’ll be quiet. 

YAY

I should like to start in Era 3. Is there anything specific that entails, that I should know about?

Spoiler

Name: Qyinenn Tsermmhinatte

Investiture: full Feruchemist

Special skills/equipment: Metalminds in the form of earrings, ornamental bracelets, etc. (Born with naturally superior hearing and smell, without metalminds.)

Weakness: Insufferable sarcastic side that is difficult to suppress. Pessimism and disenchantment with reality - "Are you okay?" "Probably not, but I'll survive. Probably."

Physical Appearance: Bookworm. Wears glasses, even when she doesn't need them. Slight build, even for a 16-year-old. Captivating turquoise eyes, dark auburn hair (looks brown/black until in sunlight) with natural blonde highlights.

Family: Father was a soldier (until killed in battle), never met her mother. One 7-year-old brother of similar appearance, no spouse.

History: Her father died when she was 13, and that's all she remembers.

Also, can I have multiple characters?

3 hours ago, Brightness Warrior said:

I should like to start in Era 3. Is there anything specific that entails, that I should know about?

Welcome to the RP! Era three will be just like this one, only set at a different time and with some updated rules. 

A full feruchemist is too powerful for Era 3. Please consider a weaker power-set. Remember to balance it with strong weaknesses. Aim for about the level of a decent twinborn with a limp. 

I'd like to see more detail in the history section. I've discussed this before, if you scroll back you'll find my rants on the subject. :)

Yes, you may have multiple characters. 

For one thing, I will (At some point in the future) update her profile so she is completely noncombative. She will probably end up being my politician character (If the vote goes through) If not, then we'll see. 

(Yes, I'll have her take the noncombative oath on the Oath  Rod, or something equally binding.)

My one problem is that even if she is completely non-combative, she still has the ability to tie other characters up with air weaves, leaving them like a duck for slaughter, or something of the like. Even non-combative, she could still be a broken character.