The Longest Thread (Misadventures)

2 hours ago, Lunamor said:

Luna was planning a sneak attack on the fort to raid her supply of Oreos.

Haha, I actually just bought some Oreos!

2 hours ago, Truthless of Shinovar said:

They destroyed the entire book fortress

ha, puns!!

Rebecca stared in horror at the haphazard mound of books before her. After all that hard work...

“So much for stealth...” mumbled Luna, walking into the ruins of the fortress and apologizing to poor Rebecca.

”Sorry, I just wanted your Oreos but things got a bit... out of hand.”

Rebecca sighed. “I can see that.”

Luna jumped and ran away, throwing an apology cukoo at Rebecca and yelling sorry again.

Edit: Ninja’d 

Luna hoped the apology cukoo would appease her somewhat.

It did. Rebecca wasn’t near as upset anymore.

2 hours ago, Truthless of Shinovar said:

I, however, just stole it, so she is in a state of emergency.

Extreme emergency.

1 hour ago, Lunamor said:

“Only if we can make s’mores.”

“Yay s’mores! We can make them with my Oreos!”

Storms guys. I can’t leave to 2 hours without something insane happening... :P

Edited by Rebecca

2 minutes ago, Rebecca said:

Storms guys. I can’t leave to 2 hours without something insane happening... :P

Sorry again... :P

“Oooooh, that sounds delicious!” Luna said, proceeding to roast another deathmallow.

I've been trying to sleep for the past two hours. I can't do it. And so, to clear my head of worries, I post. Shards, there is something wrong with me. 

"Master?" Ember said. "Do you know of anything that can save my sister?"

The goddess was amused that Ember called Star her sister. It was true, she supposed. In a way. 

Hmm. True love's kiss should do the tricksaid TVG, loud enough for everyone on the ship to hear. Ember raised a charred eyebrow. 

"True love's kiss?" she said flatly. "You're kidding."

I am not, came the goddess's response. That usually fixes everything. You should look into reading fairy tales, Ember. I think you would find them amusing. Besides, where's the harm in trying?

Ember looked to @Butt Ad Venture with burning eyes. She sighed. "Well, what are you waiting for?"

Edited by Shard of Thought

“Ummmmm?” Butt looks behind him, glances back at Ember, traces her gaze to him. Once again looks behind him. Walks around behind him making sure nobody was invisibly behind him. “Me?”

Quick godmodding? “Yes, you. Who else?”

“No, sorry. Not possible. I don’t love her I just really enjoy her company and would do almost anything for her and idolize her and *groan* I storming love her don’t I?”

“Well it doesn’t matter, if I love her it’s still not true love cause she definitely doesn’t love me. She’s in love with Marsh and maybe Xino. And they won’t work because Marsh is dead and Xino is gone.”

10 hours ago, Shard of Thought said:

Well, I think TLT will be quiet for the next few days. Shadow is gone, Xino is who knows where, and I'm going to be gone Monday through Wednesday. This is messing with my head. Help me. Please. For my sanity. There are. So. Many. Cliff hangers.

Silence is dead, but I’ll see what I can do.

Narrator Truthless suddenly appeared onboard the ship. The bunker was getting only slightly boring, and he needed some fresh air.

It appeared that Star and another woman, with charred skin, and an overall... burnt appearance, were talking to a purple force, a being that radiated power. Butt seemed exhausted, as if he had gone through some ordeal, and BoS was frozen mid-swig of brandy.

”Hey, isn’t the universe supposed to have restarted or merged or been destroyed or something like that?” Truthless asked.

Edited by Truthless of Shinovar

6 hours ago, Butt Ad Venture said:

“Ummmmm?” Butt looks behind him, glances back at Ember, traces her gaze to him. Once again looks behind him. Walks around behind him making sure nobody was invisibly behind him. “Me?”

Quick godmodding? “Yes, you. Who else?”

“No, sorry. Not possible. I don’t love her I just really enjoy her company and would do almost anything for her and idolize her and *groan* I storming love her don’t I?”

“Well it doesn’t matter, if I love her it’s still not true love cause she definitely doesn’t love me. She’s in love with Marsh and maybe Xino. And they won’t work because Marsh is dead and Xino is gone.”

"I don't care, you're the only person who it might work for. It's worth it to try."

6 hours ago, Truthless of Shinovar said:

Silence is dead, but I’ll see what I can do.

Narrator Truthless suddenly appeared onboard the ship. The bunker was getting only slightly boring, and he needed some fresh air.

It appeared that Star and another woman, with charred skin, and an overall... burnt appearance, were talking to a purple force, a being that radiated power. Butt seemed exhausted, as if he had gone through some ordeal, and BoS was frozen mid-swig of brandy.

”Hey, isn’t the universe supposed to have restarted or merged or been destroyed or something like that?” Truthless asked.

"Yes, things have happened," Ember said. "We're working on fixing it."

9 minutes ago, Truthless of Shinovar said:

“What’s the plan? We proabably need to bring Xino back somehow, right?”

"I'm not sure that's a good idea," Ember said. "The last time he was here, he tried to split this reality into two. And he disrespected the violet goddess."

I don't know what's wrong with him, but I do know for a fact that the only way this can end happily is if he returns. You should not be so quick to judge, Ember.

12 hours ago, Shard of Thought said:

I've been trying to sleep for the past two hours. I can't do it. And so, to clear my head of worries, I post. Shards, there is something wrong with me. 

"Master?" Ember said. "Do you know of anything that can save my sister?"

The goddess was amused that Ember called Star her sister. It was true, she supposed. In a way. 

(just pretend this is purple, I'll edit it tomorrow)

Hmm. True love's kiss should do the trick, said TVG, loud enough for everyone on the ship to hear. Ember raised a charred eyebrow. 

"True love's kiss?" she said flatly. "You're kidding."

I am not, came the goddess's response. That usually fixes everything. You should look into reading fairy tales, Ember. I think you would find them amusing. Besides, where's the harm in trying?

Ember looked to @Butt Ad Venture with burning eyes. She sighed. "Well, what are you waiting for?"

In the dark, silent prison far beyond the plane of existence, Narrator Pheonix bolted upright.

No... he whispered. No!

Desperate, he searched for a way out. Window? No, there were no windows. Door? Presumably there was one, but he couldn't see it- and it was probably locked anyways.

What else? Could silence help him somehow?

He cried out a word. Nothing happened. He tried another one. Same result. In desperation he began to shout out everything he could think of, hoping against hope that one of them would open the prison he was bound in.

But no matter what he said, nothing changed.

On 6/5/2019 at 8:06 AM, Shard of Thought said:

"Of course it isn't. But the way you react has told me who I can trust. Your author doesn't respect me. And that is a dangerous mistake."

"The words mean nothing unless you give them power. You won't accept mine. So I won't accept yours."

The goddess recognized Butt, but at the moment all she cared about was getting her progeny safe. 

@xinoehp512

Silence was silent. Then he bowed his head.

And what of myself? he asked. Does what want count for anything?

He'd tried, so hard. He'd come back from being unwritten to try to get his dreams fulfilled.

He'd hoped to convince the Avatar with his words, showing her how his path was good.

On 6/7/2019 at 4:46 PM, Shard of Thought said:

Me too, but there's also the "I don't know what to say." 

To which, my response is, "But saying something is better than nothing."

"Is that so?" whispered the man. "Is that really so?"

He'd seen what happened to people who said the wrong thing, after all. Mocked, ridiculed, hated... Anything, anything, was better than that.

There were words out there that would do the opposite, he knew. And he'd tried to find them.

5 hours ago, Butt Ad Venture said:

"Wouldn't kissing her without explicit permission, even to save her, be rude and inappropriate?"

"It doesn't matter, just try!"

5 hours ago, xinoehp512 said:

In the dark, silent prison far beyond the plane of existence, Narrator Pheonix bolted upright.

No... he whispered. No!

Desperate, he searched for a way out. Window? No, there were no windows. Door? Presumably there was one, but he couldn't see it- and it was probably locked anyways.

What else? Could silence help him somehow?

He cried out a word. Nothing happened. He tried another one. Same result. In desperation he began to shout out everything he could think of, hoping against hope that one of them would open the prison he was bound in.

Silence was silent. Then he bowed his head.

And what of myself? he asked. Does what want count for anything?

He'd tried, so hard. He'd come back from being unwritten to try to get his dreams fulfilled.

He'd hoped to convince the Avatar with his words, showing her how his path was good.

"Is that so?" whispered the man. "Is that really so?"

He'd seen what happened to people who said the wrong thing, after all. Mocked, ridiculed, hated... Anything, anything, was better than that.

There were words out there that would do the opposite, he knew. And he'd tried to find them.

Alerted to a silent cry, Ember froze, her joints locked. Her let out a moan and opened her eyes wide. Something was wrong.

---------------

And what is it that you want, Silent one? What is it that you would push for so hard, that you would destroy my children's happiness for? Tell me. Paint something so beautiful that I am stunned, but for now, I see no reason why I should grant your request.

---------------

Well, what do you want, an apology? The only one who can fix that is yourself. Words are powerful. Too powerful, sometimes...  But the fact is, we need you to make this story work. Star needs you. She's... she's in exquisite pain. You know Pheonix is the one who matters most to her. Why did you bring Silence back? I had Ember write things the way she did because it would allow for the most perfect ending and now we're stuck here. Please return. I'm begging you. 

Narrator A.C. joins everyone by the campfire in the bunker, making a new fort out of deathmallows and peanut butter.

He also decided to play a prank on @Truthless of Shinovar while he was gone. He cracked open the door to the bunker and put a bucket of eternally slimy goop on top of it, so that when Truthless walked back in it would fall on him.

30 minutes ago, Shard of Thought said:

I don't know what's wrong with him, but I do know for a fact that the only way this can end happily is if he returns. You should not be so quick to judge, Ember.

I agree,” said Truthless. “Xino propelled the thread, helped keep it alive alongside Star/Ember/Violet Goddess (I’m honestly a bit confused). This thread needs him as much as we need Star.”

5 hours ago, Truthless of Shinovar said:

I agree,” said Truthless. “Xino propelled the thread, helped keep it alive alongside Star/Ember/Violet Goddess (I’m honestly a bit confused). This thread needs him as much as we need Star.”

Ember let out a screech. She could feel Pheonix's mind and for some reason, she felt an incurable itch to free him. She tried stabbing at his prison with her mind, but she was incapable of finding it. He was a ghost. Just like Star. 

15 minutes ago, Shard of Thought said:

"It doesn't matter, just try!"

"Fine...If she blasts me to bits you better bring me back though, Ok?"

Butt leans in, not making eye contact, and gives Star a quick peck on the cheek.

Tears form in his eyes. "Star...wake up. I...I need you."

The tears fall from his face onto Star's. "Star, 'I need you' is what I've always said before, but...I need to confess. Star, (i can't believe i'm doing this) ever sense you helped me realize that you and other Narrators aren't all villains I have admired you. I tried to avoid my feelings about you, saying that I just respected you. That it was only my thanks for everything you have done for me. I never had the guts to tell you...or myself that..." Butt leaned forward for another kiss.

His lips meet Star's. Heat rose in his cheeks as the kiss continued, but Butt couldn't stop. This was his first kiss...and it was wonderful, he was kissing the only girl he truly loved, under his own free will. As the kiss went on Butt began feeling self conscious...as he pulled back sheepishly he opened his eyes to see...

I have no idea where all this came from...I feel awkward now...

5 hours ago, Butt Ad Venture said:

"Fine...If she blasts me to bits you better bring me back though, Ok?"

Butt leans in, not making eye contact, and gives Star a quick peck on the cheek.

Tears form in his eyes. "Star...wake up. I...I need you."

The tears fall from his face onto Star's. "Star, 'I need you' is what I've always said before, but...I need to confess. Star, (i can't believe i'm doing this) ever sense you helped me realize that you and other Narrators aren't all villains I have admired you. I tried to avoid my feelings about you, saying that I just respected you. That it was only my thanks for everything you have done for me. I never had the guts to tell you...or myself that..." Butt leaned forward for another kiss.

His lips meet Star's. Heat rose in his cheeks as the kiss continued, but Butt couldn't stop. This was his first kiss...and it was wonderful, he was kissing the only girl he truly loved, under his own free will. As the kiss went on Butt began feeling self conscious...as he pulled back sheepishly he opened his eyes to see...

I have no idea where all this came from...I feel awkward now...

That was adorable. She's unconscious, unfortunately. 

Star shivered slightly, her cheeks going a bit pale. Some light shone weakly through her eyelids and then... nothing. The burns did not recceed and though the bleeding on her torso was stopped, the change was virtually unnoticeable. 

Hmm, the goddess remarked. More like true loyalty's kiss. Sorry. Anyone else want to have a go? This is entertaining.

Can't you just kiss her? Ember asked mentally and she continued to search for Pheonix.

No. That would require me to physically interact with the story which is impossible. I'm not even sure it would work. My devotion to her is not the kind she needs at the moment. Oh, and Mr. Venture? Don't feel bad about your failure. Star is aware of, and grateful for, your presence.

3 minutes ago, Shard of Thought said:

Hmm, the goddess remarked. More like true loyalty's kiss

"Hey! That was love! Not just loyalty!"

4 minutes ago, Shard of Thought said:

Oh, and Mr. Venture? Don't feel bad about your failure. Star is aware of, and grateful for, your presence.

"Sure," Butt said rolling his eyes, "easy for you to say, 'Good try! But you failed to save one of the few things you care about but its ok!' How is that supposed to make me feel better?"

Just now, Butt Ad Venture said:

"Hey! That was love! Not just loyalty!"

"Sure," Butt said rolling his eyes, "easy for you to say, 'Good try! But you failed to save one of the few things you care about but its ok!' How is that supposed to make me feel better?"

Well, she feels loyalty to you, you know. You're like a talisman of her failures and so long as you're alive and well, she's a hero. Don't underestimate her feelings for you, but don't assume you know everything about her either. I won't try and keep things from you; the fact is, you're still a character. She's a Narrator. And remember; just because you failed, does not in any way mean that someone else won't. Besides, you did have an affect, even if you couldn't see it.