The Longest Thread (Misadventures)

22 hours ago, Shard of Thought said:

"Why is this happening to me?"

"Star?" Butt says walking nearer, "I'm here..." Butt leaned in for another hug before remembering the burns then decides to awkwardly give head pats cause he doesn't know what else to do. "I don't know what to think, feel, or do. But...I'm here"

Just now, Butt Ad Venture said:

"Star?" Butt says walking nearer, "I'm here..." Butt leaned in for another hug before remembering the burns then decides to awkwardly give head pats cause he doesn't know what else to do. "I don't know what to think, feel, or do. But...I'm here"

Star looked up, meeting the brown eyes of Butt Venture. More tears rolled down her cheeks. "Stay... she whispered. "Stay."

Ohh! I'm going to make another Heroes of Olympus reference. Obscure? yes. Reyna Avila Ramírez-Arellano? yes. Worth it? yet to be seen.

"Please" Butt asks the Violet Goddess and/or Star, "Let me take on some of your/her pain. Let me give her/you my strength."

Edited by Butt Ad Venture

2 minutes ago, Butt Ad Venture said:

Ohh! I'm going to make another Heroes of Olympus reference. Obscure yes. Reyna Avila Ramírez-Arellano yes. 

"Please" Butt asks the Violet Goddess and/or Star, "Let me take on some of your/her pain. Let me give her/you my strength."

I could do that. Star?

The burned Narrator nodded weakly, giving her wordless, mental approval. Star offered Butt her trembling, burnt hand.

Edited by Shard of Thought

Butt reached out, grabbed her hand...then screamed. 

He couldn't think. Couldn't move. His hand went limp. And Star's hand slipped out.

The pain faded. Butt could barely manage out, "So...so much..pain...how? How do you survive?"

He reached out to grab Star's hand once again. "There must be something I can do..."

The inspiration for this action was a 1987 studio recording of a band of the same name, which they'd heard being played at the bowling alley once.

As an experiment, this contribution was composed before I read the previous post. The sad thing is, if I hadn't mentioned it, you probably wouldn't have noticed.

I love this thread. 

Butt reached out, grabbed her hand...then screamed. 

He couldn't think. Couldn't move. His hand went limp. And Star's hand slipped out.

The pain faded. Butt could barely manage out, "So...so much..pain...how? How do you survive?"

He reached out to grab Star's hand once again. "There must be something I can do..."

Star touched Butt's mind. It was easier to communicate that way. I don't want to survive. But my master won't let me do otherwise. And you don't have to take all of it. I just... It hurts so much.

1 minute ago, Archer said:

The inspiration for this action was a 1987 studio recording of a band of the same name, which they'd heard being played at the bowling alley once.

As an experiment, this contribution was composed before I read the previous post. The sad thing is, if I hadn't mentioned it, you probably wouldn't have noticed.

I love this thread. 

Um...no...It doesn't fit at all...you kinda ruined a emotional moment...but sure.

12 minutes ago, Shard of Thought said:

And you don't have to take all of it. I just... It hurts so much.

"And if I do try? What will happen to you? Will I die and you be healed?" Butt grabbed her hand again. Gritting his teeth he said, "I...will..help you." Notice: He did not take all the pain. He is just asking what would happen. 

Um...no...It doesn't fit at all...you kinda ruined a emotional moment...but sure.

"And if I do try? What will happen to you? Will I die and you be healed?" Butt grabbed her hand again. Gritting his teeth he said, "I...will..help you." Notice: He did not take all the pain. He is just asking what would happen. 

Ah, it's TLT. Nothing really makes logical sense. 

It is simply a transfer of pain, not the wounds themselves. You will be unharmed. Thank you. Your sacrifice is more than I can repay. Ready?

"No, but I will do it...for you." Butt felt a weight come upon him, a weight much larger than what he had felt before. Again he could do nothing, but this time the nothingness held pain. No matter how far he ran within his mind the pain found him. He couldn't survive, he didn't want to survive. He needed to die. He wanted to die. To die...die...death sounded beautiful now...

Back in the physical, Butt convulsed, screamed, attempted to scratch his throat out, then went still...

1 minute ago, Butt Ad Venture said:

"No, but I will do it...for you." Butt felt a weight come upon him, a weight much larger than what he had felt before. Again he could do nothing, but this time the nothingness held pain. No matter how far he ran within his mind the pain found him. He couldn't survive, he didn't want to survive. He needed to die. He wanted to die. To die...die...death sounded beautiful now...

Back in the physical, Butt convulsed, screamed, attempted to scratch his throat out, then went still...

Star gasped. The pain was... gone. It was bliss. Pure bliss and she didn't know whether to laugh or cry. That is, until she looked over at Butt. She was glad that he was unconscious. It was better that way. She sighed shakily and prodded at his mind, giving him a measure of Narratorial strength. "Ember?" she asked. "Will you help me strengthen him?" 

"death...pain...death...pain...death...pain...death...pain...death...pain...death...pain" Butt's mind screamed to everyone near. The small measure of support from Star was nothing to Butt, he didn't even have enough mind to realize it's existence.

"death...pain...death...pain...death...pain...death...pain...death...pain...death...pain" Butt's mind screamed to everyone near. The small measure of support from Star was nothing to Butt, he didn't even have enough mind to realize it's existence.

My 4,000th post will be some character development from Ember. I couldn't think of anything else.

“I suppose,” Ember replied. She caressed the boy's mind with her telepathy. Apparently, she was more powerful than Thought herself. Under her control, she was able to quiet the boy's mental screams to moans. Hush, she thought to him.

Ember looked down at Star. She didn’t know how to feel about her or those ugly burns on her skin. Ember understood that she only existed because TVG had needed a vessel to bring her prized character back to life. Maybe a human might have been offended by that, but Ember couldn’t bring herself to feel… anything. She wasn’t sure she was even capable of what humans called “emotion.” She had seen its effects; the look in AJ’s eyes when she had told him why he had to help return Star to the timeline. The drops of water that fell from the Shadow’s eyes when she had seen the image of Star’s corpse. Even the way Butt Venture rushed to Star’s side. Why did everyone care about Star so much? What had she done to deserve all that emotion?

No.

What had she done to be erased from time?

What had she done that fate had decided to reward with such pain?

Ember cocked her head. Nothing made logical sense. At all. Where was Xino? Was he still a threat? Why wasn’t anyone doing anything? Why couldn’t Star be healed? Why was Ember even still here? Her job was over. Unless it wasn’t and she needed to destroy something else. Bring someone else back. She called upon her master. What do you want from me?

Nothing, Ember. I release you from servitude. It’s the least I can do. You may do whatever you wish.

But I don’t know what to do. You cannot abandon me. I would be without direction.

Find your own way. You are strong enough.

If you wish it, I will not object. I cannot.

Farewell, Ember. The goddess’s presence left her. It felt so… silent. The first thing Ember did of her own accord was regrow her armor. That way she couldn’t hurt anyone. She studied the people on the ship. Perhaps one of them could tell her what was going on. And who Star really was.

Butt felt the pain fade even more...he could think again. But the pain still pushed him to die. Butt now feared thinking, thinking brought the pain...pain. In the physical Butt shuddered, but it was more like a spasm. Thank you Star he attempted to project before the pain began eating at his mind once again

Butt felt the pain fade even more...he could think again. But the pain still pushed him to die. Butt now feared thinking, thinking brought the pain...pain. In the physical Butt shuddered, but it was more like a spasm. Thank you Star he attempted to project before the pain began eating at his mind once again

Butt struggled against Ember's hold. She looked to Star.

"He does not have the same capacity for pain as you. I do not suggest you leave him in this state for much longer." Star looked down shamefully. She did not want to go back to that horrible pain of her own accord. "I'm telling you, he may not be physically hurt after this, but he will be mentally traumatized." 

Do you want me to take it back? Star asked. 

Butt didn't want to think...but then he thought about not thinking and that brought pain...perhaps only pain existed and there was nothing else. He couldn't remember anything other than it anymore...he only could remember one thing, a face. A figure that gave him the pain. Butt wanted to hate her, but for some reason he didn't. He must've cared for her before the pain, but she did this to him. Before he could finish his internal monologue the pain attacked. When it receded he didn't remember what he was talking about.

4 minutes ago, Shard of Thought said:

Do you want me to take it back? Star asked.

Butt gasped. "Yes! Please take it" he thought to the voice. Another part of his mind begged him to take hold of the pain, to not give it away. His mind screamed, fighting with itself. "No!" the other part yelled, "Let me keep it. I must protect you" even thought it had no idea what it was trying to protect.

Butt didn't want to think...but then he thought about not thinking and that brought pain...perhaps only pain existed and there was nothing else. He couldn't remember anything other than it anymore...he only could remember one thing, a face. A figure that gave him the pain. Butt wanted to hate her, but for some reason he didn't. He must've cared for her before the pain, but she did this to him. Before he could finish his internal monologue the pain attacked. When it receded he didn't remember what he was talking about.

Butt gasped. "Yes! Please take it" he thought to the voice. Another part of his mind begged him to take hold of the pain, to not give it away. His mind screamed, fighting with itself. "No!" the other part yelled, "Let me keep it. I must protect you" even thought it had no idea what it was trying to protect.

"His soul begins to crack, Star, his response may not be coherent." Star shut her eyes. She didn't want to return to the state of misery, but she had promised to keep Butt safe. She took his trembling hand and the pain returned to her. She was blinded for a second. It hit her like a thermonuke and she cried out terribly, then reigned herself in, converting the misery to tears and trembles once more.

I'm so sorry, she thought to Butt.