The Longest Thread (Misadventures)

51 minutes ago, BringerofShadows said:

BoS slipped back into her drunken sleep, muttering something about throwing up and alcohol poisoning.

I really don't want you to do this to yourself. Neither would Star if she could get out of her own head... I'm sorry. I expected her to snap out of it by now.

6 hours ago, BringerofShadows said:

Excellent point.

That's it. I'm reading back through the recent plot to find clues. Something happened. I must know! I will report back with evidence.

Edit: For now, however, in terms of plot...

"Why is this happening to me?" Star forced out weakly. She didn't expect a reply, though she desperately wanted one. She wanted to be held, to be loved, to be told that it was going to be all right, but no one was helping her. They were all just staring. Staring while she shook in abject misery. She would always be alone. She would die here, once her master realized how hopeless it all was. She prayed that time was soon.

Edited by Shard of Thought

On 6/4/2019 at 9:01 PM, xinoehp512 said:

Careful what you assume, Star...

But as of right now, there was a far worse threat.

Despite the danger that Silence had posed, few Narrators had actually fallen to him. Most had snuck behind his back and regained their powers at a later date; all, in fact, except for two. Astral had been destroyed with Star, so that left only one; one that would regain their power when Silence was 'balefired'.

And only one that stood to lose it all again.

And that is Xino.

On 6/4/2019 at 9:03 PM, Shard of Thought said:

The other Narrators are going to kill me for this. 

"I have Ember to protect me. But I... I'm ready for my own happy ending."

On 6/4/2019 at 10:25 PM, xinoehp512 said:

Silence chuckled. Oh? And do you really think you're going to get it? I don't have to do anything to you, you know.

On 6/4/2019 at 10:28 PM, Shard of Thought said:

Star sighed, shaking her head. She propped herself up on shaking arms then rose to her feet. Her entire body trembled, but she stood tall despite the pain.

“I’ve realized something, Xino. It’s just like Queen of Shadows; the monsters only come because we Narrate it. We cause our own pain. I tried to protect Marsh by becoming a character and look where it got me. I’ve undergone more trauma than anyone I can think of besides Taln himself. At least Butt was mostly unconscious while his worlds were destroyed. We have done terrible things in our selfish desire to continue. I have, you have, we all have.” She took a deep breath. “If you truly want this, then I will go with you. I will fight because if I don’t, it will eat at me. I attack to defend. But when you look at me, just know; I am tired. It’s draining me.” She raised her burnt hand to eye level, watching it shake uncontrollably. “It hurts,” she said, starting to weep. “It hurts so badly.” She turned away. “I am so sorry…”

And yet he still pushes for it...

On 6/4/2019 at 10:51 PM, xinoehp512 said:

Silence shrugged. I really have no idea why you just told me that. Did you mean to say it to Xino? He's over there.

Xino felt it. The power of this new reality, pulling threads back the way they should be. Or at least, the way it thought it should be.

Right now, he was still Narrator Xino, but he could already feel it slipping. In just a few minutes, it would be gone, and he would be powerless once more.

The first time it had happened, he'd had no concept of what it would be like. But now he could feel how his path had changed. He could feel the loss that he had taken. And he could understand truly what letting go would mean.

A groan escaped him as reality tugged, but he was not swayed. Instead, dark cracks began to appear, light tracery on the stones where he stood.

No matter what I tried to do next, his next post would make it irrelevant. And the moment I had the power to stop it, the moment TVG intervened, he disappeared. 

He's trying to give up. And I won't let him. 

Sorry for the double post. I wish you could quote in an edit.