The Longest Thread (Misadventures)

Just now, Butt Ad Venture said:

Hot tears drip down Butt’s face. “Please!” Butt cried, “There must be something I can do to help her! She protected me, there must be a way to return the favor! Everyone else is just  standing around watching her die...if she goes *sniff* who could protect me. I’m dead without her. There must be a way”

The violet goddess turned her gaze toward the little voice crying out to her. She regarded him as a human might a baby deer. 

Why, hello, she said, gently entering his mind. It was tiny compared to her's.  Do not worry. Star will be preserved. She will not like it, but she will understand in time.

Just now, Doomstick said:

Stick opened a Gateway to the back of the violet goddess's head in front of his face, causing it to splatter her hair

It hit a forcefield. She ignored the Stick.

It was getting hard for Star to even breathe. She couldn't keep her eyelids open. She was so tired. All she wanted was to rest. To escape from this nightmarish world forever. She felt one of the blisters on her leg pop open and she cringed as the open wound was exposed to cold air. A tremor ran through her body. She was only hanging onto life by a thread. She could let go. She could be free... She loosened her grip.

And fell.

Violet hands of power caught her.

No! Star cried. Let me pass on! Tears streamed down her cheeks and she started to sob. That only made it hurt worse. Please. Let me go.

But you never got to kiss Pheonix. You never got to savor your victory. You never got to make friends with Shadow. Butt needs you. 

I know... she thought to herself. That hurt too. What did I ever do to deserve this?

Nothing. It's all in your head. Free yourself. 

I can't, Star thought back.

Well, I'm not going to let you do anything else. The only response was incessant weeping.

Butt clung tightly to TVG’s dress. “Why!” He cried, “Why must you do this to her. She has done so much! Let her rest.”

How am I supposed to feel? Do I let her have peace or do I save Butt. He wants her to be happy but that means her leaving and it hurts! I keep on thinking through different scenarios and in each one Star either leaves or is trapped in eternal torment! Why must you do this to us/her/Butt!!

Butt clung tightly to TVG’s dress. “Why!” He cried, “Why must you do this to her. She has done so much! Let her rest.”

How am I supposed to feel? Do I let her have peace or do I save Butt. He wants her to be happy but that means her leaving and it hurts! I keep on thinking through different scenarios and in each one Star either leaves or is trapped in eternal torment! Why must you do this to us/her/Butt!!

The goddess looked down at the small little thing before her. He really understood nothing. She does not understand herself. Her pain is in her head and I will not allow her to give up. I will not allow her story to end this way. 

Because I'm bored waiting for Xino... And this has been a debate in my mind. 

2 minutes ago, Butt Ad Venture said:

“Hate you...I hate you”

Hate you...I hate you

I know. She does too. But she'll thank me. You all will.

Sorry. I have to have something to write about. She can heal herself and she will. (also, Butt is very humble, I like that)

Edited by Shard of Thought

“I...just, don’t know how to feel. I need her. But it hurts her to stay. What do I do? How can I have what’s best for both her and me? I...I don’t want to die. I don’t want her to die.” 

Tears dripping down his face he tries to hug TVG. “Please...help me”

Well, he does exist in a world where everything could kill him in an instant.

Also, have you read the Heros of Olympus?

Edited by Butt Ad Venture

2 minutes ago, Butt Ad Venture said:

“I...just, don’t know how to feel. I need her. But it hurts her to stay. What do I do? How can I have what’s best for both her and me? I...I don’t want to die. I don’t want her to die.” 

Tears dripping down his face he tries to hug TVG. “Please...help me”

Well, he does exist in a world where everything could kill him in an instant.

Also, have you read the Heros of Olympus?

The goddess hugged him back, infusing him with warmth. You need only have patience, little one. All will resolve itself in time.

I have. Twice all the way through.

“I just can’t wait around and wait for everything to get better, can I?”

Star’s predicament reminds me of Jason’s imperial gold wound

The goddess leaned down to Butt's level, brushing his curly brown hair out of his face and staring at him with pale, pupil-less eyes. Her slender fingers were cold on his cheek. You are in far over your head.

I think I remember that. I read it three years ago. Twice in two months. I had a problem. 

9 minutes ago, Butt Ad Venture said:

So both of them have wounds that won’t heal because of their horrible life.

Goddess shows up and says that they have to fight it on their own

Wound will only be healed if they ignore their pain to save others.

Star's wounds still hurt because she believes that she's powerless. Seriously, the moment she feels like she's not alone, the moment Pheonix comes running, then she'll feel start to feel better. I already have planned out what needs to happen so that she'll be alright. But Xino's being stubborn and I have to wait and see what he does first. 

Edited by Shard of Thought