TUBA - The Underground Bakers' Association

3 hours ago, Leyrann said:

How are you so certain he doesn't?

I think that you have to look at this from a business perspective. What benefit do I gain from using those methods? Stealing someones soul is a crucial part of our business, an enjoyable necessary evil. Doing things worse then that wrecks our PR without any benefit, it also costs more money and resources. 

This has been a constructive conversation. While I do admire the DA for trying, I really do like what TUBA has to offer, namely; the ability to speak in a forthright manner about its dealings and goals. And so, I will be joining TUBA with these oaths:

I swear on my reputation and Adonalsium that I will not reveal secrets that I may come to learn through whatever means, that I will not put substances in baked goods that have no place being there, and that I above all will uphold the guild's goals and precepts to the best of my ability.

11 hours ago, Hydra said:

This has been a constructive conversation. While I do admire the DA for trying, I really do like what TUBA has to offer, namely; the ability to speak in a forthright manner about its dealings and goals. And so, I will be joining TUBA with these oaths:

I swear on my reputation and Adonalsium that I will not reveal secrets that I may come to learn through whatever means, that I will not put substances in baked goods that have no place being there, and that I above all will uphold the guild's goals and precepts to the best of my ability.

Welcome Hydra!  You are right we don’t have to cross any of our words out or use disclamers like the DA does.

Not having a disclaimer just means the consumers of your products aren't as informed.
We, in our endless quest to promote science and knowledge, ensure that all consumers of DA baked goods have the necessary knowledge to make the correct decision.
When we're being particularly efficient we spike the knowledge directly into them so there's no way they could miss it.

39 minutes ago, BitBitio the Mudkip said:

Yes, but you forgot to factor in a failsafe in case their brain blows up with the pure insanity that comes with knowing what is in there..... 

We just throw in some Feruchemical gold and trust that they have a good enough instinct to tap it and heal the exploded brain. :D

5 minutes ago, BitBitio the Mudkip said:

Store instinctive talent to use the goldmind in the spike as well.

And then, well, I hope you don't mind if I rob the DA's entire cookie cache. 

My distraction:

A puppy looks up at you full of hope.

"Take me home!"

You're welcome to try.
We may have ensured certain safeguards were in place when you first joined the DA. :ph34r:

5 minutes ago, BitBitio the Mudkip said:

.....no hard feelings for me being a spy?

(I may have already stolen them all)

You may have been spiked the moment you joined because we suspected you would be (I actually do have a PM to confirm this)

12 minutes ago, BitBitio the Mudkip said:

And I may have ripped out all spikes and Stormlight healed. But no hard feelings for spy-ness?

Definitely not. Some day you may even find out why. :ph34r:

12 minutes ago, AonEne said:

*walks off with puppy* I shall call him Kelsier.

I don't advise picking up puppies that are wandering through the Dark Alley but hey, *shrugs* your planets funeral.

Oh my. I'm the owner of our mascot.

I feel proud :P

Edit: (This is from Google Images, so it's not perfect. Imagine him as younger...and also, I have no clue what breed this dog is)

Aw, Kelsier posing next to the best instrument. (I assume, I've never played it - but hey, it IS a tuba)

See the source image

Edited by AonEne

7 hours ago, BitBitio the Mudkip said:

Fair warning, the puppy may have eaten a few nuggets of lerasium to resist Hemalurgy. 

TUBA's new mascot is a Mistborn Puppy named Kelsier.

oh so this is where the mascot came from.

also Bit, I agree with Mac (at least on this point) that isn’t how investiture works. if the puppy is mistborn it means that someone is more likely to spike him to steal his power. 

now no one should do that because Kelsier is so cute. 

Edited by Aurora the Rioter