TUBA - The Underground Bakers' Association

3 minutes ago, Hydra said:

hmmm. what goes on over there that doesn't happen over here?

Science.
Also more members of the DA openly spiking baked goods, but less members of the DA covertly spiking baked goods.

Imagine the DA and TUBA as two hockey teams. They both enjoy a similar passtime, but each do it a little differently. On occasion, they fight each other. One team is old, so it won some championships in their heyday. The other team is an expansion pack, a team that came out strong (possibly because they're cool like that, possibly because the overlords rigged the process to generate interest). Before every meeting with the other team, the teams get together to talk about the other's flaws. Some people point out their technical flaws, others maintain that their foe is a group of soulless monsters who deserve no mercy! using dramatic partying and the like to convey their message. 

While you can technically help out both teams, their rivalry makes them annoyed when you do that. And anyone who trades teams or betrays the team they're on... is a potato. And potatoes don't win Stanley Cups. 

25 minutes ago, Archer said:

Imagine the DA and TUBA as two hockey teams. They both enjoy a similar passtime, but each do it a little differently. On occasion, they fight each other. One team is old, so it won some championships in their heyday. The other team is an expansion pack, a team that came out strong (possibly because they're cool like that, possibly because the overlords rigged the process to generate interest). Before every meeting with the other team, the teams get together to talk about the other's flaws. Some people point out their technical flaws, others maintain that their foe is a group of soulless monsters who deserve no mercy! using dramatic partying and the like to convey their message. 

While you can technically help out both teams, their rivalry makes them annoyed when you do that. And anyone who trades teams or betrays the team they're on... is a potato. And potatoes don't win Stanley Cups. 

That is a really good metaphor

5 hours ago, Archer said:

Very well done.

59 minutes ago, The Forgetful Archivist said:

The DA offers transparency when it comes to where they get their ingredients, we of the general public have no clue where TUBA's ingredients come from, for all we know your source is more insidious than the DA.

More insidious than someone’s soul?  I think not.

1 minute ago, MacThorstenson said:

Believe me, you can get much worse then stealing someone’s soul. Much much worse. At least it is possible to regrow a soul.

Sometimes I just get the urge to hug Mac and tell him it'll be alright. Maybe pat him on the head and offer him a cookie. 

But then I remember that I'd probably accidentally impale myself in the process.

43 minutes ago, Aurora the Rioter said:

The fact that you know much much worse things than stealing someone’s soul, says more about you than about me.

I mean plenty of things are, basic logic can tell you that much.
Like stealing their soul and also all their money. Logical addition of two bad things to make a worse thing.