Rules of Warfare

Nohadon

My guy: (please tell me if this is too OP) 

Spoiler

Name: Mace

Investiture: depending on our power limits, either a TBD Twinborn or a Feruchemist. If it's the latter I'll add a weakness. 

Physical characteristics: 200 cm tall, 31 y/o, dusty grey hair, dark brown eyes, koloss-blood.

Parentage: Illegitimate son of a full koloss-blood (father) and a Terris (mother).

No spouse, children, or siblings.

Home planet: Scadrial

History: After being abandoned by parents, I was raised in Elendel by a crew who specialized in document forgery and theft. It was with them that I learned to read and write. I became a competent criminal over the next few years, but, upon conversion to the Path, I left the group to find more honest work. I worked as a soldier in the city from the ages of 18 to 23, where I met a Worldhopper with whom I became cosmere aware. I became an avid traveler after that, only settling down for a stint when I was 28 when I worked for a carpenter. I left after less than a year, but the experience did result in my uncanny ability to find weak-points in wooden furniture and exploit them. In other words, I’m very good at knocking down doors. I deal well with pain, but am prone to seeking revenge. (potential weakness: has schizophrenia) 

Edited by Archer

3 minutes ago, Archer said:

My guy:

Hide contents

Name: Mace

Investiture: depending on our power limits, either a TBD Twinborns or a Feruchemist. If it's the latter I'll add a weakness. 

Physical characteristics: 200 cm tall, 31 y/o, dusty grey hair, dark brown eyes, koloss-blood.

Parentage: Illegitimate son of a full koloss-blood (father) and a Terris (mother).

No spouse, children, or siblings.

Home planet: Scadrial

History: After being abandoned by parents, I was raised in Elendel by a crew who specialized in document forgery and theft. It was with them that I learned to read and write. I became a competent criminal over the next few years, but, upon conversion to the Path, I left the group to find more honest work. I worked as a soldier in the city from the ages of 18 to 23, where I met a Worldhopper with whom I became cosmere aware. I became an avid traveler after that, only settling down for a stint when I was 28 when I worked for a carpenter. I left after less than a year, but the experience did result in my uncanny ability to find weak-points in wooden furniture and exploit them. In other words, I’m very good at knocking down doors. I deal well with pain, but am prone to seeking revenge. (potential weakness: has schizophrenia) 

I like it. I would suggest add the weakness. We are trying to see if the system will work, so I think we need to aim for more power, as opposed to less (even though that's what I did).

Also 

Spoiler

Can you tell us what metal minds you have?

Mac

Spoiler

If the Feruchemist is allowed, then I'll add the weakness. That's going to be fun to act out. 

As for metal minds I'm currently working through them via process of elimination. As such, I've eliminated brass so far. How do you feel about the higher metals being used? 

2 minutes ago, Archer said:

Mac

Hide contents

If the Feruchemist is allowed, then I'll add the weakness. That's going to be fun to act out. 

As for metal minds I'm currently working through them via process of elimination. As such, I've eliminated brass so far. How do you feel about the higher metals being used? 

Make it as powerful as you want, if I were making the character, I would scale how much the weakness affects him based on the power of his abilities.

Spoiler

Please no chromium. most other higher metals I would be fine with. Just remember with your character especially, make sure that it makes sense for him to be able to store those metals. In your case it does make sense.

I may suggest changing the backstory a bit, or moving down the power level. I just realized that a full feruchemist may not work in era 2 mistborn. At that point the feruchemy blood lines were a mess. If you want the backstory, then you may have to tone down the character for narrative sake.

When approving characters I will look for stuff like that. A full feruchemist after era 1, or a KR with a bond that he has had for 500 years. Nahel bonds haven't been in use that long. A scadrian elantrian.

3 hours ago, Kidpen said:

I think I want to make sure everyone knows I support the Liebrary. Not even specifically for intro threads, just in general.

Does anyone have any thoughts on my character creation thing?

Edit: That being said, @Mraize said he would do an intro thread. I do think we should wait until we've more or less figured this all out before we go into that though.

An intro thread? If you are talking about the alley verse then no. More like a guide to the alley verse. 

4 minutes ago, Kidpen said:

Isn't that more or less the same thing? Something to explain how it all works.

I mean I guess? I just see then as two different things. 

But since the arena was my thing. I would like to be one of two 'test dummies' I would need someone to duel with me. 

3 minutes ago, Mraize said:

I mean I guess? I just see then as two different things. 

But since the arena was my thing. I would like to be one of two 'test dummies' I would need someone to duel with me. 

Fair enough.

We can all do a test. I have a character brewing in my mind, and Mac and Archer already have one. Feel free to make one.

11 minutes ago, Leyrann said:

Haven't read through this entire thread as I'm only just taking a peek at the stuff here, am I correct everyone needs to make an RP character, and if so, should I just follow the template @Archer used at the top of this page?

That would probably be best. That is what I am doing. 

7 hours ago, MacThorstenson said:

PSA to everyone. Dont start now, but after everything is finalized, all the rules, guilds and what not. I would like to have people stop posting about cookies in the intro threads and post about the social groups sub forum. We will need to attract activity if we want this RP to succeed.

I agree as well. also, with super-sneaky private group PM's, like DoCI, LA (and TUBA) should an unbiased meditator have access to them so they know no rule-breaking is going on? (I'm not assuming you are breaking the rules in these private PM's, but i feel like it should be a thing)

1 minute ago, Nohadon said:

I agree as well. also, with super-sneaky private group PM's, like DoCI, LA (and TUBA) should an unbiased meditator have access to them so they know no rule-breaking is going on? (I'm not assuming you are breaking the rules in these private PM's, but i feel like it should be a thing)

As a suggestion I'd say give people the trust that they won't break rules, if a particular person or group continue to act poorly or violate rules then try speaking to them first, otherwise it can destroy the feel a bit if your super secret group has some overseer who can see what you're talking about all the time.

Just now, Voidus said:

As a suggestion I'd say give people the trust that they won't break rules, if a particular person or group continue to act poorly or violate rules then try speaking to them first, otherwise it can destroy the feel a bit if your super secret group has some overseer who can see what you're talking about all the time.

oh ok! I do doubt the fact that anyone would be breaking the rules, so should we just leave it as it is?

Well, let's get a bio in here then.

Yes, it's a female character while yes, I am male, but I always have an easier time writing female characters than male characters, and even though I don't have significant roleplay experience, I am going to assume it is the same here.

Spoiler

Name: Esha

Investiture: Adhesion, Gravitation (Windrunner)

Physical characteristics: 1.67 m, lithe build. Long black hair, pereference to wear it loose. Dark brown eyes.

Relatives: Mother died several years ago, father and two younger brothers are still alive.

Home planet: Roshar (country: Alethkar).

History: Esha hails from a village in Alethkar, where her father is a farmer. When she was 16, her mother, with who she was close, died, a situation that was very hard on her. She pulls through by keeping herself occupied with things, having a knack for coordinating group work in particular. Shortly after the first Everstorm appeared, an honorspren, now known to be named Renovar (Ren) started accompanying her, eventually bonding with her. A traveler (a Worldhopper) entered town a few days later and somehow noticed Ren, who was not barely different from a windspren at that point. The traveler decided to stay, and soon noticed Ren was hovering around Esha. He slowly got to know her, and eventually told her about the Cosmere. Shortly after saying the Third Oath, Esha decided to join him, believing it important to care about the greater Cosmere, rather than just Roshar.

(I am probably going through too much trouble to make sure it's compatible with canon by only having the honorspren appear after the Everstorm...)

Here is my character.  If there is something to fix tell me. 

Spoiler

Name: Rhazien Voylderyrin

Investiture: Transformation and Transportation (Elsecaller-3rd) ~150 Breaths

Weakness: Rhazien as no clue how to use Transformation. Anytime he attempts he accidentally turns it into completely different than he intended to. Mainly opposites. 

Appearance: Black cloak and hood , vambrace, paldrons and gauntlets and red and white decorated mask. 

Physical characteristics: oval face, dark brown hair, thick eyebrows, and hazel eyes. He is 6' 2". Hime is about 27

Relatives: None that are important. 

Home planet: Roshar. Specifically western Roshar. 

History: Rhazien grew up in a home and was taught that kindness is the attribute you could emulate. He bonded his Spren, Asha, at the early age of 10. Two years later his was caught in a high storm and accidentally transported himself to shadesmar. Luckily for Rhazien, sailors were passing and saved him from drowning. The sailors were taking a group of people to Nalthis. These world hoppers took Rhazien with them and dropped him off at the Court of the Gods where he was taken in by the god of Kindness. This is where he kernes about his 3rd oath and began his collection of Breaths.  He soon discovered how to get off Nalrhis and took the opportunity to journey back to Roshar. 

Edited by Mraize

Character Bio: If something needs changing, tell me

Spoiler

Name: Devaan Sheonar

Investiture: Less than average Feruchemist 

Physical characteristics: 2m, angular features, short black hair and amber eyes.

Relatives: None that is known of

Home planet: Scadrial (FE)

History: A terris keeper who quit keeping and fell into a world hopper thieving crew who used him because of his natural proficiency in stealth and assassinations, eventually learnt how to make unsealed nicrocilminds, awakened swords and the like. he used to have a wealth of breaths, until he mysteriously spent them on type-4 awakenings recently, rumours of them have popped up here and there in the alley-verse, but only he knows where and what they truly are.

skills: Stealth, assassination and weaponsmithing.

Edited by Nohadon

34 minutes ago, Leyrann said:

Are there power differences in Feruchemists? I thought it was just In = Out, with barely any limits on how much you can store or empty per second.

That was what I thought originally too. but after reading some of the mistborn RPG guides, there are skill ratings with feruchemy, I think that it's your upper limits to storing and tapping. or your ability to accurately manipulate your storing and tapping

6 minutes ago, Stormblessed Dolphin said:

@Mraize The only issue I see, is you taking a spren off-world.

As yes I wanted to mention that as well, oops. That's actually also why my RP character hasn't technically gone off-world yet. Wanted to discuss that kind of stuff first.

Maybe some Worldhoppers have found ways around it?