Rules of Warfare

Nohadon

18 minutes ago, Archer said:

Can @Grey Knight change it to Shardplate? 

Yeah, I'm totally fine with that. I can just say that the Shardplate looks like space marine armor.

Also, I'm now realizing that my bolter (a giant assault rifle) might be out of place for this. Should I change it to a sword of some kind?

Edited by Grey Knight

You know what, I'm not gonna wait for approval. I'm turning my character into a Skyshifter and I'm gonna change it back only if people don't accept balanced non-canon Orders.

Spoiler

Name: Esha

Investiture: Gravitation, Transportation (Skyshifter)

Physical characteristics: 1.63 m, lithe build. Long black hair, pereference to wear it loose. Dark brown eyes.

Relatives: Mother died several years ago, father and two younger brothers are still alive.

Home planet: Roshar (country: Alethkar).

History: Esha hails from a village in Alethkar, where her father is a farmer. When she was 16, her mother, with who she was close, died, a situation that was very hard on her. She pulled through by learning to see the best in every situation, but the scars are still there on the inside. A while ago, a blinkspren, called Lithyr, started to circle around her, and eventually she spoke the first three Oaths of the Skyshifters. Around that time, a Worldhopper appeared, who noticed Lithyr and decided to recruit Esha, recognizing the benefits a Knight Radiant could bring.

Some Skyshifter things for reference so people don't have to click the link for everything:

Attributes are Impulsive and Optimistic.

Resonance is extremely strong orientation; a Skyshifter can make all kind of sudden or weird moves without ever losing track of where the ground is.

Second Oath: I will help those who are in need.

Third Oath: I will stand for what is right, even if doing so puts me at risk.

16 minutes ago, Leyrann said:

You know what, I'm not gonna wait for approval. I'm turning my character into a Skyshifter and I'm gonna change it back only if people don't accept balanced non-canon Orders.

Reveal hidden contents

Name: Esha

Investiture: Gravitation, Transportation (Skyshifter)

Physical characteristics: 1.63 m, lithe build. Long black hair, pereference to wear it loose. Dark brown eyes.

Relatives: Mother died several years ago, father and two younger brothers are still alive.

Home planet: Roshar (country: Alethkar).

History: Esha hails from a village in Alethkar, where her father is a farmer. When she was 16, her mother, with who she was close, died, a situation that was very hard on her. She pulled through by learning to see the best in every situation, but the scars are still there on the inside. A while ago, a blinkspren, called Lithyr, started to circle around her, and eventually she spoke the first three Oaths of the Skyshifters. Around that time, a Worldhopper appeared, who noticed Lithyr and decided to recruit Esha, recognizing the benefits a Knight Radiant could bring.

Some Skyshifter things for reference so people don't have to click the link for everything:

Attributes are Impulsive and Optimistic.

Resonance is extremely strong orientation; a Skyshifter can make all kind of sudden or weird moves without ever losing track of where the ground is.

Second Oath: I will help those who are in need.

Third Oath: I will stand for what is right, even if doing so puts me at risk.

I approve this.

49 minutes ago, Grey Knight said:

Also, I'm now realizing that my bolter (a giant assault rifle) might be out of place for this. Should I change it to a sword of some kind?

There's some cosmere equivalents of big guns. Crossbows. Coinshots. Mistborn Era 2 guns (like the one Wax used with the anti-pewterarm bullet). Reckoner's tech. Offensive lenses. Lashings.

But swords work too. 

42 minutes ago, ElephantEarwax said:

I'm not incharge, but I'm thinking say you got it through hemalurgy, so it's weaker and you're good.

As a member of TUBA, I disapprove of any use of hemalurgy. It's not stronger than other Orders though, because it's still only two Surges, and while they do have some synergy, the resonance is quite minor.

4 minutes ago, Mraize said:

I just want to know if we are approving non-canon orders. Other than that, I approve.

In my opinion it should depend on whether the powers are balanced, which they will probably be as long as people don't go crazy with resonances.

(also, I got an additional weakness in that my character is only 1.63 m (5'4'') and has a small build. The Shardblade is the only reason she stands a chance in a fight :))

Spoiler

Name: Rashan Caer

Investiture: A-Chromium/F-Steel Twinborn. A Leecher and a Steelrunner.

Weapons: Short Sword and Blade attached to a chain, both encased in Aluminium.

Weakness: Freaks out easily over almost anything unusual, mainly other magics he had no idea existed. Mostly evades instead of attacks and constantly underestimates his abilities.

Appearance: Standard Azish military unifrom, albeit heavily crinkled.

Physical characteristics: Oval face, black hair, lean, and brown-eyed. He is 5'9"

Relatives: No one as of current. His mom died a couple months ago, and was the only living relative he had.

Home planet: Born on Scadrial, raised in Roshar

History: He was born on Scadrial to what would seem to the public as a normal family. In reality, his father was part of a dangerous group of people and his mother was a worldhopper. The gang his dad was a part of specialized in torturing worldhoppers, and regardless of how much his father tried to hide his mother's worldhopper status, the gang eventually found out, and killed him and all of his 4 children, except for one, Rashan, who had just been born. His mother escaped Scadrial and found refuge in Roshar, where Rashan grew up, in Azir. He eventually figured out he had unusual powers where most didn't, and was even different from the radiants he'd seen. His mom told him the truth when he was 18, and Rashan later became a valuable part of the Azish military for the following years. His mom died a while ago, and her last words explained to Rahsan her secret of worldhopping. Ever since he's been travelling worlds, exploring, continuing to wear his old Azish uniform to remind himself of his Rosharan upbringing, regardless of actually being born on Scadrial.

NOTE: When I said he's scared of other magic systems he didn't know about, I meant pretty much every other magic system. He knows nothing of the Metallic Arts apart from his own powers, and is pretty much oblivious on Radiant magic. He's clueless on that sort of stuff.

My guy.

Edited by I think I am here.

• 2 weeks later...

Here is Mack (not Mac)

Name: Mack

Investiture: Elantrian

Weakness: Can't draw aons underpressure. He is able to craft them into things, and if he isn't under pressure he can draw them, but if he is under any pressure he is not able to draw aons. (This will mainly apply in combat)

Appearance: Elantrian, wears black and gold robes most of the time, underneath that he has a aluminum plated steel Cuirass. Also has a black and gold Cape with hood that he wears. May increase the amount of armor he wears.

Physical characteristics: Elantrian, about 6 feet.

Relatives: dead centuries ago. 

Home planet: Sel.

History: Was an extremely successful cosmere aware craftsman on Sel who made his living experimenting on combining weapons and the Dor. One of his favorite inventions is an aluminum wand with a variety of Aons engraved on it that he can thumb in a fight to give him an advantage. He decided to expand his magical weaponry to the cosmere, and is researching how to use breaths, fabrials, and the metallic arts to make better weapons. He is currently in the Alleys because he heard that somehow, they have access to the Dor (In a similar way to how the Iri had it in SH). He is currently trying to find a way to get access to that so he can set up shop.