Rules of Warfare

Nohadon

30 minutes ago, Voidus said:

I should point out that due to Reckoners, pretty much every conceivable superpower is technically a part of a Brandon Sanderson magic system :D 

We might have to say no epics. I don’t want people to see this as the recliners rpg with some other stuff sprinkled in. Also, I’m a Liebrarian, how could I not be an ocular or?

Side note: my phone autocorrected reckoners to recliners, so someone needs to make a recliners RPG.

Just now, Kidpen said:

We might have to say no epics. I don’t want people to see this as the recliners rpg with some other stuff sprinkled in. Also, I’m a Liebrarian, how could I not be an ocular or?

Side note: my phone autocorrected reckoners to recliners, so someone needs to make a recliners RPG.

Tries not to crack up

fails

laughs uncontrollably 

2 hours ago, Kidpen said:

Given where I usually use my laptop, all RPs that I'm in are recliner RPGs :P

25 minutes ago, Mraize said:

Then please @Voidus Tell me how you would relate WH40k to Brandon Sanderson. ^_^

To Brandon Sanderson? Very easily, they both exist in the same world :P
To one of his magic systems? Reckoners has an undefined limit to abilities (Thus meaning there's a possibility that there's an Epic whose power is to animate WH40K minis into life sized soldiers), and also takes place on an alternate version of earth meaning WH40K would be an established piece of culture, and also has parallel worlds, one of which may just be the universe of WH40K.

1 minute ago, Voidus said:

To one of his magic systems? Reckoners has an undefined limit to abilities (Thus meaning there's a possibility that there's an Epic whose power is to animate WH40K minis into life sized soldiers), and also takes place on an alternate version of earth meaning WH40K would be an established piece of culture, and also has parallel worlds, one of which may just be the universe of WH40K.

You my friend are now just splitting hairs! 

10 hours ago, Voidus said:

I really like this explanation. Can I use it for my character?

I'm more than fine with using Sanderson's magic systems for everything else. My power armor can be fabrial powered (like the Shardshields), and my weapon could be Awakened, to match the power level. 

Heck, I could just be a guy from this:

What do you think?

Edited by Grey Knight
Forgot something.

I think it should be okay as long as your weaknesses balance the power. Have you posted your character bio yet? If not, you should do so (including any tools you'd use) and then we'll be able to tell you if there's any issues. 

Edited by Archer

I've read somewhere that the DA won't be getting involved in this, because you can't really balance Hemalurgy. Is it possible to get more info on it's state? Also, is there a list of guilds that are participating in this?

Just now, kenod said:

I've read somewhere that the DA won't be getting involved in this, because you can't really balance Hemalurgy. Is it possible to get more info on it's state? Also, is there a list of guilds that are participating in this?

DA is just what it has always been. Participating is the Liebrary, the Ghostbloods, the Canton of Combat, and TUBA.

21 minutes ago, kenod said:

Alright, thanks. Is it also possible to create neutral characters, basically types that interact with the different guilds, and possibly engage in combat (not often), but aren't part of any of the guilds?

This should be fine. You could even have an house in the Alleyverse in an nonaffiliated zone if you wanted. 

3 hours ago, Leyrann said:

Non cannon characters... What are opinions on this?

I'm not sure how I feel about that. On one hand, Brandon never said they didn't exist... But on the other hand it's non cannon. 

Edited by Archer

17 hours ago, Archer said:

I'm not sure how I feel about that. On one hand, Brandon never said they didn't exist... But on the other hand it's non cannon. 

That was kinda my thing as well. I think the Skydancers are awesome and well-balanced, but it's not canon.

2 hours ago, Mraize said:

Are both of you going to be unaffiliated or you guys going to join a guild? Tha Ghostbloods would love to have you.

I've joined the Canton of Combat. 

Anyway, here's my character:

Spoiler

Name: Drakon He'Stan (Drako for short)

Appearance: A giant man in emerald armor

Assets: Shardplate, superhuman strength, and a bolt rifle 

Story: Drako is a very confused man. On the one hand, he remembers living in a world of darkness and never-ending war. On the other, he knows that his life experience is far shorter, having been brought to life by the Epic Imperator back on Earth. Now, for… some reason, Emperor knows how, he's ended up in the Cosmere. Despite all the weirdness, Drako is determined to continue his birthright as an Aedeptus Astares and a Salamander- protect humankind, and purge xenos and heretic alike.

Thanks to Voidus for the "miniature given life by an Epic" idea.

Edited by Grey Knight
Changed power armor to Shardplate