Mid-Range Game 24: Baleful Eye

Seonid

6 hours ago, Majestic said:

Celebration? Awesome!

Rashers made it rain bacon.

I'm guessing there are quite a few neutral roles around. My guess is that Reckoners are generally village and most Epics are Elims, but it may just be vice verca. Perhaps neutrals could be other killing roles, (Epic or Citizen), healing roles, seeking roles or more.

My thoughts. Enjoy the bacon!

Thanks for the bacon. 

Reckoners are definetly not neutral. They are probably the eliminator faction. Thank you elenion for identifying the village faction. 

I do not have a kill. I am interested in getting in contact with both factions, however. 

@Roadwalker

Enough was enough. He took a bite of the bacon, and focused his hard stare on the bird. 

"You want business? I've got business." And Impulse pulled out his beautiful gravitonics rail gun. An extremely compact rail gun, without the gravitonics it would be impossible to wield. It glowed blue and red; unbelievably deadly, but beautiful. 

"This is my buisiness partner. I'm afraid any deals will have to go through her."

Impulse grinned at the bird. 

Edited by Flash

I was not very active this cycle... but anyway there was not much to discuss.

On 20.08.2017 at 4:17 AM, Elithanathile said:

Please note that as it has been some time seen the last post and nobody has seen fit to intervene, Falchion now has several more swords in his collection, and the city has several less museums in it's own.

Next the hospitals because the injured are just taking up space and resources anyway.

Don't you just love justice?

Also it looks like some items are probably one-use, judging by what HH said, but do we have any proof that there aren't any items that are permanent? It seems like what Megasif said makes it sound like there are some items that can be used more than once as well. So we probably know that at least.

Also I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that my alignment is Neutral. I'm not a villager or an eliminator, I have my own unique (probably) win condition, that doesn't hurt anybody else. Neither party (or multiple if there's factions) really has a reason to kill me, so I'm hoping I'm safe in revealing my alignment like this. So that should be a bunch more info to everyone else, besides the other neutrals who know who they are.

Oh... I hope Seonid added role whose win condition it's to kill all neutrals or some certain neutrals :D

I really hope he added ;)

Ack! Apologies @BrightnessRadiant and @Ecthelion III for not responding earlier.

A female wearing definitively non-hospital clothing spun to face Falchion, her hair whipping around her face and framing her angry eyes. "You want justice!?" That actually sounded rather nice. Could he have fries with that? "Well now it's... just us!"

...Actually that wasn't too bad. He tried to keep his face stiff to prevent a chuckle from slipping out.

The woman grimaced, rethinking her last statement. "Actually, Ewwww yeah, that one was really bad, sorry." Then her eyes grew angry again and she turned to face him directly, spreading her arms wide in an attempt to block the corridor. "What now, tough guy?"

After a moment, Falchion raised one finger in question and opened his mouth. "Ummm, just checking, but you aren't sick, right?" He gestured at her obviously not-a-patient clothing and continued. "It looks like you aren't, so I really don't have any reason to kill you."

He shrugged, casually wiping the blood off of one of his swords, a German longsword, onto a collapsed patient, gesturing with the other hand. "So no offense, but I'm just going to continue onwards, thanks. Sorry, but I can't let leeches like this continue to bleed this city dry of resources."

With a snap of his fingers, Falchion dropped through a portal at his feet, popping out past the frustrated woman already going at a dead run. "See you later, and good luck! Your puns aren't as bad as you think!"

Still going at a dead run, Falchion created a portal at the end of the corridor, erupting out at a different angle, making the corner without losing any speed. As he passed by, an elevator opened up, showing a man in a patient's gown with a very visible mechanical left arm poking out of the pale green cloth. There was no technology for artificial arms though, so all it could be was a fancy hunk of metal with flashy lights and sounds. And it still must have cost thousands of dollars at a minimum! How was it fair that someone like him got special privileges while hundreds starved in the streets?

Leaping at an angle towards a wall, the portal spat him out in the elevator shaft directly above the elevator with the cyborg-dude inside it. A portal on the roof of the elevator connected to the cable winch, the other half on the wall of the shaft, open to empty air. The cable now linked to nothing, the elevator hung in midair for a second before beginning to fall.

Just before hitting the opposite wall of the elevator shaft, another portal spat Falchion out back into the hallway, where he skidded to a stop, hearing the crunching of metal impacting concrete from a great height from behind him. Turning, Falchion was surprised to see cyborg-dude picking himself off the ground, having leaped out of the elevator in the short time before it dropped. His arm whirred and clanked as he pushed himself upright using the one arm, the white flooring cracking beneath the force as the man sprang to his feet and landed in a stance, ready to run or to fight.

Falchion's arms dropped to his side and he rolled his eyes, glaring up at the ceiling. "Are you kidding me?" Focusing back onto cyborg-dude, he pulled his large sword up in front of him. "Freakin' tinkers..."

My apologies for maneuvering your character slightly Ecth, I wasn't sure how to handle both at the same time, and figured that your char leaping out of the elevator was within reason.

Day 2 - Inquisition

As the celebration died down, a massive explosion shook the center of the city. Town Hall shook, and for a moment, it looked as if it was about to collapse. Luckily, no one was hurt.

Balelight's ire was tremendous. Her eye-beams left scars of destruction along the sides of the skyscrapers in downtown, steam curling up from vaporized metal and concrete. Without warning, she was gone. Her lieutenants gathered the townsfolk together, giving them orders to find and root out whoever had done this.

If they didn't find the perpetrators, there would be consequences.

------------------------------------------------

Day 2 has begun! It will end in roughly 48 hours. You may now vote on each other for the lynch. If there is a tie in votes, then one of the targets will be chosen at random. A player cannot be lynched unless they have 2 or more votes. If no player has 2 or more votes, a random player will be chosen to be lynched. Players will kill actions can now use them.

cya_1503504000.png

Nobody has died!

Player List:

1. [REDACTED] - Paranoid King, person who specializes in collecting relics.
  2. Starshatter and Birdrider - Winter Devotion, star crossed Australian runaways. 
  3. Jon - Jondesu, amazing with computers but absolutely useless when it comes to talking to people
  4. Mark - Mark IV
  5. Biff - Elenion, a street salesman in the wrong place at the wrong time
  6. Sandra Kensington - Sami, weapons manufacturer with dark secret
  7. Rashers - Majestic, a bacon-summoning Epic
  8. Impulse - The Flash
  9. Shockwave - King Cole, Epic with a terrible singing voice
  10. Matt - Shqueeves, orphan who never knew anything better
  11. Anonymous - Alvron, The Collective will ensure you never know anything about him
  12. Silver Feather - Roadwalker
  13. Tammy - Rebecca, the accidental daughter of Obliteration (:o)
  14. Amy Scott - Brightness Radiant, out of place punster
  15. Nameless Character I - Drake Marshall
  16. Annabelle - Lemonelon, an "engineer"
  17. Sol - Eternum
  18. Lightwood - RippleGylf
  19. Outblack - Hemalurgic_Headshot
  20. Falchion - Elithanathile
  21. Cranium - Frozen Mint
  22. Annoan - Megasif
  23. Nameless Character II - Ecthelion III
  24. Pickle - asterion137, a small - time thief
  25. Altea Meza - Crimsn_Wolf, a petite young drifter
  26. Fess - Arinian

So... Something kinda interesting happened this cycle...

Again with the revealing possibly important information, but I got gifted an epic power last cycle. It's a defensive power, so you don't have to worry about it getting used against you guys, but there's either a gifter epic that's possibly passing out powers for a goal, in which case I say leave them alone, or we've got Calamity on our hands. I kinda suspect the latter myself.

So yeah. I'm guessing someone's Calamity and we may or may not need to find them.

Also if this is realistic, there's probably some kind of negative backlash for using epic powers.

32 minutes ago, Elithanathile said:

Again with the revealing possibly important information, but I got gifted an epic power last cycle. It's a defensive power, so you don't have to worry about it getting used against you guys, but there's either a gifter epic that's possibly passing out powers for a goal, in which case I say leave them alone, or we've got Calamity on our hands. I kinda suspect the latter myself.

So yeah. I'm guessing someone's Calamity and we may or may not need to find them.

Also if this is realistic, there's probably some kind of negative backlash for using epic powers.

Were you gifted the power, or told you now had that ability? If it specifically said gifted, I’m guessing it is a Gifter Epic rather than Calamity, though he could be in the game too.

34 minutes ago, Elithanathile said:

Well Nighthound was an Augmented Gifter. The flavor deaths usually have some basis in actual mechanics. So there's likely regular gifters as well. Nighthound's augmention was mind Control, so augmented gifters can probably chose what the person they gift to does with those powers 

Yeah someone passed me an item ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'm still really confused by this game...guess that's the point lol.

Here's what we know:

1. We've got villagers, neutrals, and most likely elims (cuz why wouldn't there be if there are regular villagers)

2. We have a lynch

3. We have epics in play...cuz gifter

4. There are items...cuz I got one ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

5. Neutrals have their own win cons, as stated by @Elithanathile

6. People should probably stop role claiming in case the elims just need to find the villagers and kill them :P.

Is that about all? 

7 minutes ago, Elithanathile said:

Looking back, it said I was gifted an epic power, and it was only for this cycle. So it's probably a Gifter then. Still not ruling out Calamity being a possibility though.

Yes, I think here could be some mechanic connected with Calamity(some random turning into epics, but that just my guess). From what you said I can assume that it's probably  gifter who gave you abilities, if it's only for this cycle.

Someone just "traded" for my best item, without my consent. Whoever the thief is, know that I officially hate you.  (For everyone's notice, the item which I got back is a one-use item called Sedatives that allows me to cancel a player's vote. If anyone claimed to have such a thing, please arrest them.)

50 minutes ago, Ecthelion III said:

Someone just "traded" for my best item, without my consent. Whoever the thief is, know that I officially hate you.  (For everyone's notice, the item which I got back is a one-use item called Sedatives that allows me to cancel a player's vote. If anyone claimed to have such a thing, please arrest them.)

Traded without consent-- you mean it was stolen? 

Or...

They don't suspect me...

I am going to make an assumption here.

There is a roleblocking epic with plenty of roleblocks. I do not think that someone would waste a roleblock item on me D1, especially because there was no vote or lynch. :{

No comprendo. If anyone would like to explain their reasoning, please do.

" Marketing...lizard cocktails? *shakes head confusedly* " We can put in bogus actions if we have no roles.

" What is roleblocking? " Basically if I had a role or an item to use, I would not be able to use them. We do not know how many turns, how, chances of success, etc.

Edited by Roadwalker