Explain a Plot Badly

On 4/20/2021 at 5:42 PM, Personification said:

Raya and the Last Dragon:

Option 1 (weird Magic: the Gathering reference):

Hide contents

Someone REALLY wanted to rewrite the Fate Reforged and Dragons of Tarkir storylines, but they kept the Khans of Tarkir parts.

Honestly, I don't blame them.

Option 2:

Hide contents

Disney's best attempt at Mad Max

Option 3:

Hide contents

Con-baby OP. Please nerf.

Option 4:

Hide contents

Terrible trigger discipline causes an ultra-religious woman to accidentally kill her god.

Don't understand the first one, but the other three are spot on! 

On 4/30/2021 at 4:35 PM, Chinkoln said:

Way of Kings

Hide contents

Depressed boy tells his story

Words of Radiance

Hide contents

Schizophrenic girl tells her story

Oathbringer

Hide contents

Man with anger issues develops self doubt, then tells his story

It being mental health awareness month, I'm going to call you out on this - though I probably would've anyway. Shallan is not schizophrenic; she is part of a DID system. 

1 hour ago, AonEne said:

It being mental health awareness month, I'm going to call you out on this - though I probably would've anyway. Shallan is not schizophrenic; she is part of a DID system. 

Yeah, I just looked it up and that fits much better. Shallan’s mental state (and all of Sanderson’s characters mental states) are very interesting to me, so thanks for correcting me!

1 hour ago, Chinkoln said:

Yeah, I just looked it up and that fits much better. Shallan’s mental state (and all of Sanderson’s characters mental states) are very interesting to me, so thanks for correcting me!

In your defence, due to a somewhat confusing etymology, DID and schizophrenia are often conflated in media, despite having little in common.

On 4/18/2021 at 11:41 AM, Channelknight Fadran said:
On 4/17/2021 at 2:06 PM, BreezeCauthon said:

Avengers: Endgame

Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents

Several years after a purple monster killed half the population, a ragtag group of heroes who've lost everyone must bring back the world by gathering the magical stones.

What? Plagiarism? Who, me?

What? Endgame? That isn't Endgame!

Then what is it?

• 5 weeks later...

So, I hope I'm not the only person who has read this book, and if you have, PM me, I want to talk about it with you.

Green Glass House

Spoiler

Roleplaying children play real life mafia in a snowed hotel. Also, Christmas. Also, Love triangle.

Ghosts of Green Glass House

Spoiler

More roleplaying mafia children, more smugglers, and a bad chimney sweep.

• 2 months later...

The Chosen (show):

A guy undertakes to start a revolution by teaming up with...

• His cousin who eats bugs and yells at preachers, along with two of his cronies
  • A toilet maker
  • A wine connoisseur
  • A choir boy
  • An assassin whom he instructs not to commit any violence
  • A guy with a knack for building buildings that collapse
  • Two belligerent hotheads
  • A compulsive gambler
  • A guy who works for the evil empire
  • A con man who he knows is going to betray him
  • And a possessed woman
Edited by Spencer Nightshade
Clarify, because there are other works called The Chosen

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/20/2021 at 5:42 PM, Personification said:

Raya and the Last Dragon:

Option 1 (weird Magic: the Gathering reference):

Reveal hidden contents

Someone REALLY wanted to rewrite the Fate Reforged and Dragons of Tarkir storylines, but they kept the Khans of Tarkir parts.

Honestly, I don't blame them.

I appreciate your MTG reference.

I'll take a stab at this too: SA:

Spoiler

Crabs rule the world and there are some glowy people who are trying to save all the crabs and people from other, evil glowy people from space.

(Get it, stab, because Shardblades)

• 3 weeks later...

Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End:

Spoiler

A group of pirates steal the map to a Perpendicularity and travel to the Cognitive Realm to bring back Jack Sparrow (now a cognitive shadow) and to manifest the soul of the Black Pearl in the physical, since it had been destroyed. All of this so Jack can join and help the Coalition. 

• 3 months later...
  • 10 months later...

I hope this thread doesn't die.

Elantris:

Spoiler

A zombie and his girlfriend/wife renovate an old ghost town.

I don't think you need a thing for this. Feel free to guess, though.

Spoiler

Young redheaded girl has childhood trauma, forgets it and goes on a journey of self-discovery, where she falls in love with a handsome, somewhat immature man.

Endwalker:

Spoiler

Team of diverse fantasy tropes fight against a Nihilist and his Poorly Written Companion who wants to die by becoming God. He becomes God and dies and unleashes Emo Bird Girl who wants the universe to end after learning the universe is dead. They then travel to the end of the universe where she becomes Big Emo Bird and they kill her while riding on top of a giant rainbow dragon. Then they fight the Poorly Written Companion who was actually the dragon and he dies and he's like, "nice". The End.

Edited by Zurvanite

The Raven Cycle:

A rich person who wears boat shoes, a bisexual forest witch, a feminist, an angry catholic with a pet bird, and a very chilly boy galavant across rural Virginia in search of a king's tomb. There is street racing, fireworks, murderous latin teachers, yogurt, a bathroom/kitchen/laundry room, and the chilly kid gets thrown out a window (he's fine don't worry).

Pls go read it rn

Book 1, The raven boys (these all contain spoilers):

Spoiler

Girl who has hard and fast rule of staying away from boys because they are trouble and raven boys because they are bastards finds a cute one and revivses her morals. Suddenly they are all friends and the cute boy becomes half tree and also a witch.

Book 2, The dream theives:

Spoiler

Devout catholic has a huge tattoo, a drinking problem, a cursing problem, street races illegally, and is extremly gay. Also he has a pet bird named after a violent power tool. Previously mentioned girl decides the forest witch isn't hot and goes for the rich one instead cause he smells like mint leaves. also she makes out with a ghost and her mom disappears (unrelated... ?).

Book 3, Blue lilly lilly blue:

Spoiler

Lots of tea, some driving, and some spaghetti-os. Girl finds her mom in a cave with a demon and also for some reason her dad.

Book 4, the Raven king:

Spoiler

The rich kid and the girl wear togas and make out without actually kissing and the forest witch and the angry catholic make out for real but then the demon from the cave tries to eat the angry catholic and the rich one dies to kill the demon by actually kissing the girl but then the ghost dies and so the rich one comes back to life and everyone's happy except Czurny stans.

@Elf of Ooklas  @Ookla the Theoretical

9 hours ago, Ookla the 3 Frogs ina Coat said:

The Raven Cycle

Oh my gosh these all made me laugh so hard. I'm in math class you can't do this to me!! I love it. Especially the angry gay catholic and the violent power tool bird. Amazing descriptions.

Edited by Ookla the Theoretical

10 hours ago, Ookla the 3 Frogs ina Coat said:

The Raven Cycle:

A rich person who wears boat shoes, a bisexual forest witch, a feminist, an angry catholic with a pet bird, and a very chilly boy galavant across rural Virginia in search of a king's tomb. There is street racing, fireworks, murderous latin teachers, yogurt, a bathroom/kitchen/laundry room, and the chilly kid gets thrown out a window (he's fine don't worry).

Pls go read it rn

Book 1, The raven boys (these all contain spoilers):

Hide contents

Girl who has hard and fast rule of staying away from boys because they are trouble and raven boys because they are bastards finds a cute one and revivses her morals. Suddenly they are all friends and the cute boy becomes half tree and also a witch.

Book 2, The dream theives:

Hide contents

Devout catholic has a huge tattoo, a drinking problem, a cursing problem, street races illegally, and is extremly gay. Also he has a pet bird named after a violent power tool. Previously mentioned girl decides the forest witch isn't hot and goes for the rich one instead cause he smells like mint leaves. also she makes out with a ghost and her mom disappears (unrelated... ?).

Book 3, Blue lilly lilly blue:

Hide contents

Lots of tea, some driving, and some spaghetti-os. Girl finds her mom in a cave with a demon and also for some reason her dad.

Book 4, the Raven king:

Hide contents

The rich kid and the girl wear togas and make out without actually kissing and the forest witch and the angry catholic make out for real but then the demon from the cave tries to eat the angry catholic and the rich one dies to kill the demon by actually kissing the girl but then the ghost dies and so the rich one comes back to life and everyone's happy except Czurny stans.

@Elf of Ooklas  @Ookla the Theoretical

LMAO 

these are all awesome :lol: