Long Game 30: Journey Before Destination

Amanuensis

None of those that had already arrived on the chasm floor had spoken against Ranatar’s plan, and several had taken to making their final preparations. More of those still above had started descending. He decided they shouldn’t wait too long, as the only real chance of victory lay in a coordinated attack.

One man came tumbling down, if possible even less gracefully than Ranatar himself had descended. He ended several feet above the ground, suspended by vines he had torn loose in his fall.

“Ah, a little help?” he asked, pain clear in his voice.

Ranatar knew intellectually the fall had been extremely painful, but he felt no pity for him. That too might come after the crisis was over, though he doubted it. He stepped toward the dangling man, drew his sword and cut him loose with a couple of well-placed cuts. “Get up. Prepare yourself.” Ranatar had turned his attention back to the chasm-fiend the moment the man had hit the ground.

“Join one of the flanking teams. You might survive another stumble like that if the chasm-fiend isn’t focused on you.” He added before leaving the area in which the rest of the initiates would soon be landing.

I'll be leaving for the night. If the attack starts before I get back(and no one suggests a better plan than the one I came up with), you can consider Ranatar to have joined one of the flanking teams.

Also, because it can't be said enough, your write-ups really are top-notch, aman.

1 hour ago, randuir said:

Okay, so in that case, unless there is some more solid indication that sheep is an elim, it would be a baaaad* idea to kill sheep.

* I'm so sorry for that. i don't know what came over me. Please don't kill me for this horrible pun.

Right. @Amanuensis how do I redraw an execution vote?

Petrik followed after the initiates, trailing them, trying to figure out where there magic came from. Petrik had had minimal contact with the other people in Urithiru, and did not know much of the city. The initiates entered a large circular building, and Petrik, carefully checking into the room. The one known as Captain Kaladin seemed to be sticking a shardblade into the wall.

Petrik moved to take his head out of the exit when the world seemed to melt before him. The interior room seemed to dissipate into a mist-like substance while the sky formed out of the same mist. The ground beneath him seemed to switch suddenly into stone. Soulcasting? Petrik thought, No, the sun is in a different position...are we somewhere else? 

The captain seemed to be saying something, and the initiates seemed to be distracted by it. Petrik closed in close and heard "We get to kill one!" 

What? What are we trying to kill?

“Did I say we? I meant you all, of course. My Squires and I are only here to supervise...No better way to build teamwork than to face adversity together. Am I right?”

It can't be that bad if the captain thinks they can handle it by themselves, they are all new to this after all.

“In case you’re all wondering how you’re getting down there, well… I hope you listened when I said to bring every infused sphere you own, because trust me. You’re going to need a lot to survive this drop.”

Wait..DROP?!?!?

Petrik's eyes went wide as the captain shoved one of the initiates over the edge, and he took a step backwards, stumbling causing rocks to skip across the ground. "Who's next?" 

I'm going to die... Petrik thought if this madman expects us all to survive that. Some of us don't have the ability to survive a Highstorm. 

A few initiates jumped off, completely of their own free will. Storming idiots. The Captain's eyes seemed to be searching for another target to push off the edge. His eyes wonder across the crowd, and passed over Petrik. Petrik let out of sigh of relief, until the Captain's eye flicked back onto him.

Storms!

(potential for if someone wants to RP some things going on still on top of the oathgate, tis available.)

I am against lynching Sheep, I don't think that it would be a good idea, if they are an elim then they are already out, and if he is not then there is just no reason...plus Petrik would be against lynching them.

Edited by DroughtBringer
added a word.

Araon's first thought was I didn't know Radiants threw people off cliffs. 

His second was this should be fun. 

He had taken a claymore from the armory, and he was proud of it. Anyone could steal a dagger, but finding a sword almost as tall as he was and smuggling it out was different. He could have asked for it, of course, but it was more fun this way. He also has strapped on a breastplate of boiled and studded leather, but he doubted it would be enough protection of the chasmfiend took a special liking to him.

He checked if he still had the stolen spheres from the gala, and was rewarded with a ruby glow emitting from his pouch. He smiled, and peeked his head over the edge. He was unsurprisingly far up, and could just barely make out the forms of his fellow Initiates. He smiled grimly, held his arms parallel to the ground, and leaned forward. 

Instantly, he regretted it. The cliff face sloped forward slightly, and he tore through the sole and toe of his boots before being able to push off. He dove forward slightly, and was able to barely get his feet under him before slamming into the ground. Instantly, pain raced up his legs and he hit his head on the ground. He clenched his eyes shut and groaned, then breathed in sharply. 

Immediately, he felt better. He lay for a moment, his claymore uncomfortably pressing into his back. Then a face came into view, and smiled. "Welcome to the party," they said. 

Araon smiled, and got up. "What's the plan?" He asked. 

"We're going after the legs in three different groups. That sword of yours will be useful."

Araon smiled at that. He had cleaved through plate mail before, a chasmfiend's joint was no different, he thought.

Or rather, he hoped. 

Response to Rae...

"Um, um, um. Uh. I, uh, um. My dress got ripped in the Highstorm and, uh, um, it's falling to shreds. So, uh..." Ralaanar trailed off.

As she was speaking, Shinon realized her ragged appearance and looked away, a little embarrassed he hadn't noticed sooner. "Oh, uh, right," he mumbled. "If you'd like, you can borrow my cloak?" he said as he removed his cloak and offered it to Ralaanar. "Actually, just keep it. I can ask Captain Kaladin for a new one. So...if that's all, I should probably go to my room to get some rest. If today was any indication, we're gonna have a rough time ahead of us."

We're gonna have a rough time ahead of us, Shinon shook his head as he recalled his words from the previous night. He hadn't even dreamed how rough it would be. Captain Kaladin had brought them back to the Shattered Plains and here they were, jumping, or in better words, falling into the chasms to storming fight a storming Chasmfiend without the help of Kaladin or his Squires.

Stormfather! he thought. He'd brought his bow, but bows were useless when fighting a chasmfiend. He looked over the edge of the chasm and gulped. He wasn't sure what was worse, the fall into the chasm or what was waiting for them all down there. It seemed that the others who had...reached the bottom were organizing to begin the fight. I guess there's nothing I can do but jump.

He sucked in as much stormlight as he could from the spheres he brought, then jumped. He started panicking about halfway down, flailing his arms and legs in an attempt to do something to slow his rapid descent. The pain he felt when he reached the bottom with a thud told him it didn't.

"Urghghgh" he moaned as the stormlight began healing his broken bones and torn muscles. When his head finally cleared from the pain, he heard the other Initiates talking about the plan. It sounded like they were almost ready to charge the beast. He climbed to his feet and stumbled over.

"Well that was the worst experience I've ever gone through." he wheezed. "I didn't think anything could top being strung from a tower in the middle of a Highstorm." he said, glaring up towards where Kaladin was watching them, no doubt smiling the whole time. "Regardless, it seems that was only the first lesson of the day. I know my bow won't be much help, so I'll stick with keeping it distracted, maybe try to blind it if possible."

Edited by TheMightyLopen

It seems like we have quite a few players down in the chasm. Sareth is definitely not a great warlord or general, but I am going to start the fight. Ascribing to the story timeline, from this point on, the chasmfiend fight begins. RP prior must be signified as such. Now, if you're ready, let's have some fun.

Sareth looked around at the Initiates around him, gripping their swords or sword-substitutes. He glanced over his shoulder at the chasmfiend. It will be a true miracle if they can take it down. Good for him, he believed in miracles. Now it was time to inspire the Initiates.

"My friends, fellow Initiates, we meet here today on the field of battle. Before us is an adversary like we have never faced before. Some of you have never faced anything. However, today we are unified as Initiates of the Knights Radiant! For I say unto you, that unified we can strike down any foe, overcome any obstacle! There may be times when the sun goes dark or when the moon turns red, but stand strong together! Remember unity as we fight today. Seek unity, seek the Truth.

"I would like to share something with you before we begin: consider the ant. Perhaps you do not know what an ant is. An ant is tiny, a minuscule insect. Yet when the nest is disturbed, the whole colony will rise up, and strike the intruder with all of their might! Many will die, but for the good of the colony they force back the foe! Consider the ant my friends, as we fight today. May the Truth shine within you."

Sareth leaned on his staff and watched the Initiates' faces. Some seemed contemplative, pondering on Sareth's words. Others looked eager to fight. Sareth backed away as Ranatar stepped forward and briefed the group on the plan. A three-pronged attack, striking at the legs. From there, everything was improvised. Ranatar finished his description, and everyone braced themselves. No one was sure who gave the word, but it didn't matter.

"Go!"

@randuir @Drake Marshall @Doc12 @Magestar @Jondesu @Arinian @Arraenae @TheMightyLopen @Assassin in Burgundy @Alvron It is time. I hope you were inspired.

Shinon offered his cloak to Ralaanar. He snatched it and put it around his shoulders, mumbling thanks.

I see no reason why we need to execute Ashetvl. She's gonna be stuck in jail. She won't be able to talk to us from there. If we think she's one of those Unjust, we can execute her later. 

Um. Uh, yeah, uh murder seems a bit harsh. Even if she did mutiny. Um. 

I might not be able to RP until tomorrow. Blame sleep and sports paractice for that.

Kaladin grabbed Petrik by the shoulder, and pushed him closer to the edge. "You ready initiate?" 

"No! You don't understa-"

Kaladin shoved Petrik off the side of the cliff, sentencing him to his death. 
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Petrik took a deep breath, a newfound strength surging through his body. He twisted through the air, struggling to grab onto a vine, a rock, or something to grab onto before he plummeted to his death. He reached for the wall, his fingers brushing against the stone, getting slashed open. He was only a couple of inches away form being able to get his hand onto a handhold. A vine sprouted from the wall a few feet below him, coming out an inch or so more than the rock wall itself. He reached down for it, and wrapped his fingers around it, getting a good grip. 

The vine stretched out, slowing Petrik's fall.

The vine stopped, then yanked up on his arm, ripping his arm out of his socket before snapping in half. Petrik's fall continued, bringing him closer to the ground. Petrik knew that if he were to hit the ground it would surely kill him. He saw a crack about 10 feet above the ground, then stabbed his arm into it, ripping gouges into it, and, finally, bringing him to a stop. 

If anyone wants an idea on how to get down into the chasm that hasn't happened yet, you can start to climb down only to have Kaladin kick you in the face knocking you from your handholds.  Can even spit out teeth and then regrow them.

With Aman's clarifications, I strongly recommend that we don't execute sheep. Just leave them in jail.

And now for the fun part. I'm going to go offline in a few hours, but maybe I can get a good RP in :)

Also. If we see someone who used to consistently gain max honor start gaining more around 1 per cycle, we can probably

"Go!"

Storms... Why did Captain Kaladin think this was at all a good idea? This training is making the first time I should have died look like nothing.

The chasmfiend trumpeted a challenge at the newcomers to the chasm. Uther had a good look at the creature for the first time. Rows upon rows of carapace. Rows upon rows of well armored legs. A brutally powerful set of mandibles that would be unconcerned with all armors short of shardplate. A hungry pair of eyes.

Well... Someone's got to keep the creature's attention... Damnation.

Uther started out in the distraction group. When the beast inevitably lost interest in his group, he would be able to move in to poison it. Uther and a handful of other initiates committed to distracting the creature charged. Well, I guess our good captain will know which of us are the stupid ones...

It was hard to read the chasmfiend's alien expressions, but Uther thought he saw genuine surprise spread across its face as a group of its prey ran right at it. Hesitantly, it roared again at them. Perfect. We have its complete attention. Then it responded. The chasmfiend moved with unnatural grace and speed, its foreclaws thundering towards his group. Oh storms. We have its complete attention.

Anyone else want to join my crazy charge? :D

Naihar watched in horror as Uther and a couple of others charged towards the Chasmfiend.

They're all nuts.  Not even half of us are down and already they attack.

Shaking his head as the stormlight finally finished healing the broken bones, Naihar began to gather up the vines that Ranatar had cut to free him.  Or some of the vines, as most slithered back up the wall.  A couple of vines passed close enough to Petrik to try and grab with his one free hand.

A thunderous trumpeting bellowed out from behind Naihar as he watched Petrik try and free himself.

Right.  Chasmfiend.

Tying the vines he had gather together as best he could, Naihar made his way over to those awaiting their turn to charge.

Petrik pulled himself upwards with his one free hand, sending a sharp pain from his shoulder across his chest. Storms that hurt. 

He could not get a good enough handhold to be able to pull himself up, but he saw some vines slithering upwards towards him. Petrik was forced to let go of his feeble handhold and hang from his arm again, inducing more pain. 

I've dealt with worse than this. Petrik thought like that one time I... He couldn't come up with anything. 

As a vine snaked by Petrik reached his arm out and grabbed it, giving him a better handhold. Allowing him to pull himself up enough to dislodge his arm, painfully. 

His arm was a bloody mess, deep lacerations just above his elbow, and the from there down pockmarked with bleeding wounds.

At least I'm not dead. Petrik thought just before he lost his grip on the vine, dropping the 10 or so feet that still separated him from the ground with magnificent grace...for a rock.

No time for RP now or until probably tomorrow afternoon, so I'll join in the fight as I can. Feel free to have Kintas join the fight with you, but know that he's not much of a fighter.

After the rule clarification, I agree that we shouldn't execute Ashetvl. How do I retract that, though? Green would be a pardon, which I don't want either (she should remain in jail obviously). I guess this: Ashetvl

"Go!"

Araon grinned, and raced towards the creature. He retrieved his claymore from his back, and sucked in stormlight. The beast trumpeted in response, and Araon had a momentary twinge of panic. The thing was so much bigger than he was, and he faltered. 

The other man, Uther, kept running. Araon cleared his head, and continued. The beast reared its head, and the carapace rippled in response. It was really quite beautiful, but Araon would rather examine it dea than alive. 

The chasmfiend roared at him, and Araon skidded to a stop in front of it, just realizing how bad of an idea charging it was. He brandished his massive sword at him, but it looked tiny next to the chasmfiend. It flicked its mandibles at him, and they nearly knocked the sword from his hands. 

Why did I try to become a Radiant again? He thought. 

...And... "Scatter!" Uther yelled, before the beast got too close. He lunged to the side as the chasmfiend thundered by. It may be fast, but it's not that good at changi- Storms. The chasmfiend had dug its claws into the chasm walls and flipped itself around. It was coming in for another pass.

Uther breathed in a wealth of stormlight and held his breath, a tempest of power washing through his veins. Why do I get the feeling this isn't going to end pleasantly...

This time the chasmfiend advanced more intentionally. Step by step, then... Uther dived forward with stormlight-enhanced speed. Moments after, the rock he had been standing on cracked as one of the chasmfiend's foreclaws stabbed down. He thrust his sword up at the carapaced arm, but it rebounded off the chasmfiend's shell with a dull metallic cling. Uther rolled to the side a little too late as the chasmfiend scraped the claw back along the rock, towards him. An unbelievable pain shot through his forearm as he felt the bones crack in multiple places and muscle fibers be severed. Stormlight streamed from his arm, depleting the storm inside him but slowly bringing relief the pain.

Uther lay on his back for a moment, dazed. He saw the spren fluttering over his head.

"Get up!"

Was that... The spren?

Then it smacked him. "Get! Up!"

Brought out of his stupor, Uther threw himself on his feet, scooped his sword off the ground, and fell back a few steps from the creature. For a moment, it looked like the chasmfiend's attention was on another initiate who had followed Uther in the charge. That's probably why it didn't just finish me off while I was on the ground... It also gave him a precious few seconds to heal his arm before joining the fight again.

I need to be more careful...

Storms, how do you be careful when you are deliberately trying to get a chasmfiend to be angry at you?

Edited by Drake Marshall

So, it appears that most everyone is content to lynch another inactive. >.> While I don't like inactives, and I know if we got too many, we'd have trouble executing, or the bigger problem, IMO, pardoning players. But I'm not sure if it's worth it to lynch an inactive again. With the delay of death because of the lynch mechanics, we'd effectively be pushing back any information gained from the lynch for what, 2 more Cycles? Or even 3? I'm just afraid that discussion will really stall at that point(it seems like discussion sometimes takes a hit around then even when there's normal lynches and stuff), and we will be down a few villagers, with no leads from the lynches(Sheep and Quiver could be Unjust, but if we're not executing them, we won't know that and still wouldn't be able to gain much information from that fact).

By the way, I'm surprised no one has commented on this(that I noticed), but, nobody was killed by the Unjust. o.O Which is a little odd, though I suppose they could be focusing on learning players crimes and trying to get Spren before villagers.

Anyways, back on topic. I'd personally rather we have an actual lynch. Really, we're gonna have to lynch 2 players as shots in the dark, so we need to get on with it. My 2 top suspects at this point are Jondesu and Arinian. I would be willing to lynch either of them I think. I know they are both pretty active, but that is how you get information. Lynch the most suspicious players that discussion has centered on and who have interacted with other players in ways that could help us identify other eliminators or clear villagers.

I need to go over everything that Jon and Arin have done and try to lay out my reasons as clearly as possible for why I suspect them, then vote on whoever I suspect most. Hopefully I can get that up either later tonight, or as early as possible tomorrow(probably afternoon sometime though).

Also, I'll try to get some RP up soon as well for the attack! :lol:

Finally steady, Hithon walked over to where he heard the rest of the group fall. By his count, there should have been at least 12 Initiates on the chasm floor, with 6 more above. All around him, he heard the sounds of people making their preparations. Rannatar, the stormwarden, had been outlining a battle plan, which he had to admit amused him. This stormwarden was much, much more than he seemed. 

“We’ll split up in three groups. One group keeps the beasts attention while the other two flank it and attack its legs. If the creature decides to go after one of the flanking groups, they’ll take over the distracting role and those that had been distracting it go after the legs instead.”

A pop of a stopper and a familiar smell made him frown, twisting his head towards the direction of the smell. Blackbane. Someone else here was using Blackbane poison. Interesting. Another Ghostblood in their midst? Briefly, Hithon wondered if he would be recognized. Probably not, unless this one was particularly high-ranking. The Ghostbloods had always loved their secrecy. Aside from actually being recognized by someone who knew him, the lack of a tattoo on his wrist kept him safe. 

"Well that was the worst experience I've ever gone through." A hoarse voice wheezed beside him. Shinon. An archer, he believed. "I didn't think anything could top being strung from a tower in the middle of a Highstorm." He paused, then continued, "Regardless, it seems that was only the first lesson of the day. I know my bow won't be much help, so I'll stick with keeping it distracted, maybe try to blind it if possible."

Hithon raised an eyebrow at the man's general direction. "Blind things can still be dangerous," he remarked dryly. "But here -" At this, he reached into his pack and handed Shinon a small vial. "Dip your arrows in this, and aim for the eyes. Something to. increase your effectiveness, if you will." Without waiting for thanks, he strode to the front of the group, listening for Balthazar or Teresh's voice. 

And there he heard an earnest, strident voice giving a speech. The preacher. The Shin. Sareth? He managed to catch the tail-end of his speech, "Consider the ant my friends, as we fight today. May the Truth shine within you!!"

...What is this...ant? Some Shin animal? 

A hand clapped his shoulder, the owner of the strident voice. "Wasn't that motivating?"

No. Hithon bit down a sarcastic response, settling for a curt nod.

He found his place beside Balthazar and Teresh. Oh yes, Rannatar's plan was all well and good, and under ordinary circumstances he would have joined the flanking group. Today though. Today he was going to unleash the ferocity he had kept within him for too long. For once, the darkness was silent.

He did not hear who it was that said "GO", but he heard the charge begin. Smiling underneath his hood, he pulled out two daggers and leapt into a run, only a few steps behind Teresh.

Time to kill a chasmfiend.

@Magestar @Drake Marshall @TheMightyLopen @randuir

10 hours ago, Drake Marshall said:

The chasmfiend roared in the distance, the multiple pitches overlapping in a way that sounded like a hundred trumpets being blown in coordinated fury. As serious as the revelation about Hithon was... Confront Hithon later. Kill chasmfiend now.

This is excellent. I look forward to that confrontation :P 

If any of you want to describe Hithon's fighting style later, He will be running between the legs. First he will be harried, running desperately and trying not to be killed because he cannot see the legs coming, then suddenly he will stop running like a chicken, stop, and somehow manage to predict where the next leg will land, and manage to climb it. He will be climbing one of them, stabbing at the joints. Tthe first opportunity he gets he is going to launch himself atop the chasmfiend and start stabbing at any weak spots he feels. Joints, areas underneath plating, face, eyes, you name it. 

Anyone want to join him upside? the view's going to be great! Well. The view will be great for you. Not Hithon though. He's still blind. :P 

7 hours ago, Shqueeves said:

I have a little time, and would like to withdraw my desire to kill sheep based on win conditions.

Ah, thank you, Shqueeves. I will be taking my interrogation vote off you and placing it on a far more worthy receiver. 

8 hours ago, randuir said:

Okay, so in that case, unless there is some more solid indication that sheep is an elim, it would be a baaaad* idea to kill sheep.

* I'm so sorry for that. i don't know what came over me. Please don't kill me for this horrible pun.

Randuir  :P You do deserve to die for that. Are you a mutton for punishment or something? :D 

2 hours ago, TheMightyLopen said:

Anyways, back on topic. I'd personally rather we have an actual lynch. Really, we're gonna have to lynch 2 players as shots in the dark, so we need to get on with it. My 2 top suspects at this point are Jondesu and Arinian. I would be willing to lynch either of them I think. I know they are both pretty active, but that is how you get information. Lynch the most suspicious players that discussion has centered on and who have interacted with other players in ways that could help us identify other eliminators or clear villagers.

Alright, seriously now :P I would agree with this. While lynching an inactive is all well and good, and my preferred target, the fact remains that if we do lynch Quiver, we'll still be left in the same position next cycle as we started this one - having nothing to go on and wondering who to lynch next. Have there been any other inactives? According to my chart, @The lazy anarchist has not been posting at all since cycle 1. Are we to go after them next? 

As has been noted in many other games, when we have already decided on a target from the start of the cycle, we stifle discussion for the remainder of the cycle. So even if all of you are dead set on lynching Quiver, please at least discuss the other players. For example, my bad gut read on Ecth and Jondesu. Does anyone have any further thoughts on this? Randuir, Shqueeves, Assassin, Drake, Arinian, do you have any other thoughts on other players other than Quiver? Because right now the main thought seems to be 'I;ll vote on Quiver until someone more suspicious comes up." Stop waiting. Start stating who you suspect, and what you think of other people's suspicions, if that's alright. You don't have to take off your vote, but be prepared to change if necessary.

For this cycle, I will be asking Ecth if I have misread his posts. @Ecthelion III

Edited by Doc12

Well, last cycle, the person who tentatively made it to the top of my list was Jon, and it looks like he's on everyone else's lists too.

And this cycle I do notice Jon was pretty quick to jump on the inactive lynch (although I won't put too much stock in that, lots of people were, including myself).

It's just a lot of little things I guess. I sorta wish I knew all your playstyles better... :P I don't know if this is normal for Jon or not.

I still think inactivity is a serious issue for this game though... Hm. Fine. I guess a free inactive or two won't be a critical problem this early in the game, and we really do need to get started. Some time mid-game I would still support jailing Quiver though.

So, I'll switch my vote to Jondesu. I kind of feel bad for tunneling on you @Jondesu, but you are definitely my best lead right now. If you have anything to say about the present and past suspicions I've leveled against you, please speak up.

As for the other suspects people are naming... Arinian and Ecthelion. Well, I'll need to read through Arin's posts, since I don't really remember any particular OOC comments from Arin. As for Ecth... I don't agree with some of Ecth's reasoning, but he still doesn't really strike me as all that suspicious.

Also... Since there's not a death today, I'm guessing that means the elims are investigating everyone. That means that once the elims start killing, we might have more than one murder every cycle (assuming none of them bond spren by then...).

Also I am pleased to note that two other initiates have joined me in the suicidal charge clever diversionary tactics.

The attack began, and the group split. Teresh, HIthon, and Araon had made the forward charge, going straight towards the beast. The chasmfiend attempted to catch them all at once, but each time it swung with a claw, the Initiates dodged its attack. Sareth joined the right flanking group, rushing forward. The forward group was certainly retaining its attention, but would it turn on them once it is struck? He breathed in stormlight to give himself a burst of energy, and sped up. Nearing the chasmfiend, he swung his staff forward and jammed it into the ground in front of him, pole vaulting into the air...

and onto the chasmfiend. The stormlight-enhanced vault flung him high, right into the chasmfiend's face. Sareth caught hold of the horn-like protrusion on the front and pulled himself over, just as the chasmfiend went wild. It swung its head frantically from side to side, trying in vain to shake Sareth off. However, Sareth had taken the bag from his waist (the one he filled with soil), and looped it over the horn. He hoped that it would not come loose and fling him against the chasm wall. On the ground, the forward group had fallen back, out of the reach of the beast's frenzy. Though it may have been only minutes, it felt like hours. Then the chasmfiend, in a final attempt, smashed its head into the wall. Sareth had only a mere second to roll over to the other side of its head before it crashed into the stone. It staggered back, stunned by its own doing. Sareth shouted down.

"Strike now!" and  flung his red powder into the chasmfiend's eyes, to complete its stupor.

6 hours ago, Doc12 said:

He found his place beside Balthazar and Teresh. Oh yes, Rannatar's plan was all well and good, and under ordinary circumstances he would have joined the flanking group. Today though. Today he was going to unleash the ferocity he had kept within him for too long. For once, the darkness was silent.

How odd. :P  Balthazar had circled around it.  I suppose I should have notified someone.  Ah well.  These things happen.

Balthazar had, by the time he heard someone shout; 'Go!', already made his way to the far right of the Chasmfiend.  The sudden noise and action caused it to turn it's head, and Balthazar began to run.  He felt adrenaline surge through him – it was just like the old days.  But now, he felt something else, as well.  Something... More.  It flowed through him, giving him strength.  He smiled.  He stalked it, his newfound energy giving him the speed and endurance to stay behind it while it focused on the charge.  Someone had vaulted onto it's head...  Balthazar frowned.  That was what he had planned to do.

Well, the attack seemed to be going quite well.   Balthazar had reached it's back legs by now, but the creature was going crazy.  Someone had climbed onto it's head...

And thrown something into one of it's eyes.  The creature was flailing.  Now how was he supposed to reach it?  He sighed.  He began to run towards one of it's back legs, which was on it's downward arc.  Hopefully, he would be able to make his way onto it's back.  And then things could get interesting.