Random Stuff X: Something Weird

soyperson

3 minutes ago, Calderis said:

I spent a good chunk of today away from the shard. 

We got a puppy! 

20861877_10154638018351631_4316872946648

I was wondering why the day's activity was down. Congrats!! Are you calling it Caldogris? Kadasix of Canines? Brandon Puppyson? Peter Ahldog? Puppynalsium? The Dog Who Just Wants To Survive? Hoid? Grrrrs of Radiance? The AonDog? Dai'doganath? The Doggie of Ages? The Everpuppy? Midnight Canessence? Loki the Trickster Dog? The Lord Grruler? Puppy'Elin, Herald of Cute? Lightbone? Hoid? 

1 minute ago, Extesian said:

I was wondering why the day's activity was down. Congrats!! Are you calling it Caldogris? Kadasix of Canines? Brandon Puppyson? Peter Ahldog? Puppynalsium? The Dog Who Just Wants To Survive? Hoid? Grrrrs of Radiance? The AonDog? Dai'doganath? The Doggie of Ages? The Everpuppy? Midnight Canessence? Loki the Trickster Dog? The Lord Grruler? Puppy'Elin, Herald of Cute? Lightbone? Hoid? 

All good suggestions (I've had a loki before) but my wife is not a Sanderfan. 

She is a nerd in her own right though. 

The pup is name Shara.

Short for Azshara. 

3 minutes ago, Calderis said:

All good suggestions (I've had a loki before) but my wife is not a Sanderfan. 

She is a nerd in her own right though. 

The pup is name Shara.

Short for Azshara. 

Close enough to the Shashara for me to like it :) she's very cute mate, I'm glad for you guys!

Who was it that asked me about the quality of translations of Witcher books? @Briar King?

https://witcher.gamepedia.com/The_Witcher_(short_story)?fref=gc#Translations

Also I asked around and found soem opinions. It seems that David French translates the best, Michael Kandel takes way too many liberties, Danusia Stok is meh but better than Agnieszka Fulińska.

"Sword of Destiny" is said to be translated well.

From what I've heard the pentalogy is translated by Stok (Blood of Elves) and French (the rest).

Edited by Oversleep

3 hours ago, Oversleep said:

Who was it that asked me about the quality of translations of Witcher books? @Briar King?

https://witcher.gamepedia.com/The_Witcher_(short_story)?fref=gc#Translations

Also I asked around and found soem opinions. It seems that David French translates the best, Michael Kandel takes way too many liberties, Danusia Stok is meh but better than Agnieszka Fulińska.

"Sword of Destiny" is said to be translated well.

From what I've heard the pentalogy is translated by Stok (Blood of Elves) and French (the rest).

It was me yeah. I ll look at it later on. Getting my Bachelor in Paradise fix on right now.

Just now, Jondesu said:

Always a positive! What book is that? I don’t recognize the names.

The Court of the Broken Knives by Spark. The physical copy just came out yesterday in the U.S. I think the e-book and the physical copy in the U.K  has been out since July of this year.

7 minutes ago, bleeder said:

Heya kids, I'm about to pass out from sleep deprivation, but I'm a-okay. How are y'all's days going?

Bleeder! What up man! You should sleep!

I can't convincingly say I'm ok myself :P not like you do anyway :o 

Today was a bit miffy a day. 

Two things happened of interest.

1. I could be going to my first convention (SMASH- A sydney manga and anime con, any other aussie sharders going?!). But thats super up in the air, I was surprised when dad said he might drive me over :o 
  2. I got new drumsticks finally! I've been going on about them for a while since I've picked up drums again. Only...dad got 2Bs...and I wanted 5As...and he got nylon tips...and I wanted wooden drops...
  3. By this point I don't know what I am saying, or even why I'm talking here, in a strange mood.
  4. Go to sleep bleeder
  5. I really enjoy typing with these numbering, its like whatever I say afterwards sounds important!
  6. Not that I'm important
Edited by Darkness Ascendant
Which ones are interesting I have no clue

3 minutes ago, Darkness Ascendant said:

1. I could be going to my first convention (SMASH- A sydney manga and anime con, any other aussie sharders going?!). But thats super up in the air, I was surprised when dad said he might drive me over :o 
  2. I got new drumsticks finally! I've been going on about them for a while since I've picked up drums again. Only...dad got 2Bs...and I wanted 5As...and he got nylon tips...and I wanted wooden drops...
  3. By this point I don't know what I am saying, or even why I'm talking here, in a strange mood.
  4. Go to sleep bleeder
  5. I really enjoy typing with these numbering, its like whatever I say afterwards sounds important!

Hey, you are important. It's really cool that you might be going to that con! 

I, unfortunately, cannot go back to sleep, as it is 7:40 AM and I am at school. Sigh.

Maybe your dad getting the wrong sticks can force you to become a little innovative with your drumming. Necessity is the mother of invention, et al.

Just now, bleeder said:

Hey, you are important. It's really cool that you might be going to that con! 

I, unfortunately, cannot go back to sleep, as it is 7:40 AM and I am at school. Sigh.

Maybe your dad getting the wrong sticks can force you to become a little innovative with your drumming. Necessity is the mother of invention, et al.

Sure. Yeah ikr!! AND GUESS WHAT?! I'll be going with people. That's right, Darkness has (I think) people to hang out with. 
I refuse to say friends because that word means too much to me.

Oh deary deary me....what kept you up so long? Don't tell me it was deliberate, if it was then I'd be a hypocrite :P 

Indeed, I have tried them out a little, decided I don't mind them, although I would really like to get 5As as well. Honestly I'd like to get as many types as possible to get that variety xD
But since I'm getting back into it...I think it would be wiser to start at 5As which are far more versatile than 2Bs, which on the other hand are for more powerful drumming and tbh I don't think I've built up my strength enough to be able to play properly for long.

7 hours ago, Darkness Ascendant said:

4. Go to sleep bleeder

You missed 

7.???????

8.???????

9.???????

10. Profit!