Random Stuff X: Something Weird

soyperson

On 09/08/2017 at 3:03 AM, Shqueeves said:

My brother is trying to get me to watch "Over the Garden Wall". Is it worth watching? 

Hm...one of my friends convinced me to watch it a while back, and I'm still not completely sure how I feel about it. The central idea underneath the story is quite interesting, but unfortunately you only really discover that at the end. The rest is a little bit silly but fairly funny, with some slightly dark elements. 
It's a miniseries, so it's like 10 10-minute episodes or something like that, so I reckon just watching the first few and seeing how it goes.

2 hours ago, Draginon said:

Here's something random I saw a couple years back that you can only find in Texas. Someone had gone through the drive through at Arby's on a horse! I had never seen that before and this wasn't a rural area either.

Apparently it happens quite a bit in Montana too.

scebuqkvahyjzoy4esng.jpg

2 hours ago, The Sovereign said:

Apparently it happens quite a bit in Montana too.

scebuqkvahyjzoy4esng.jpg

XD Seriously, who rides a horse through the drive through? One that's a little silly I've heard of is a McDonald's up in the north of Norway or Sweden where you need a snowmobile but it's so cold you have to eat your food right there. What is the point of a drive through at that location?

7 minutes ago, Sunbird said:

So there was a black widow spider waiting on my front porch to greet me after my grocery run this afternoon...

What did I do? Ran for my camera and took photos, of course. XD (See spoiler)

Reveal hidden contents

FB_IMG_1502596845280.thumb.jpg.48807c73cfb76c51e3b1a359bb392151.jpg

Most spiders don't creep me out. 

Black widows are among the varieties that do. 

Don't know what it is, but the shiny ones get to me. 

43 minutes ago, Sunbird said:

So there was a black widow spider waiting on my front porch to greet me after my grocery run this afternoon...

Hide contents

Eek! Did you kill it with fire afterwards? I'm usually not much for destroying things, but the last thing you want is for it to make a nest in or around your house. 

On 8/12/2017 at 11:57 PM, Sunbird said:

Reveal hidden contents

Oof. No thank you.

Had the weirdest, but funniest, thought while barcoding some books yesterday. There's one book for kindergarten featuring kids playing together. When you open it up the picture on the title page has a girl sitting on a giant exercise ball. The face she's making looks like she's saying "Watch as I fill this ball with my farts!"