Random Stuff X: Something Weird

soyperson

Been trying to find some footage of The Adventures of Pinocchio YouTube. Harder than it sounds since it's either the whole film (which I'm not wanting) or scenes dubbed. Did find the song What Are We Made Of in English at least :) The sequel is harder to find stuff for though.

18 hours ago, Slowswift said:

Somewhat late to the party, but:

Happy birthday, @Kaymyth! :D 

18 hours ago, Mistrunner said:

@Kaymyth May the cities in your wake burn like candles on your cake! :D Happy birthday!

More thank yous!

Tonight I have party. Friends, drinks, and board games. This is the life, yo.

I have also decided that crazy colorful hair is going to be a thing throughout my forties. My mother is going to be so annoyed. ^_^

D= That Curiosity comic is so sad!

5ae.jpg

Here, nature photos to lighten the mood.

First, a game of Where's Waldo? Spot the birb if you can. :P

IMG_2437_Creeper_Crop.thumb.jpg.55df17a5e18c073350a25bc3ae6b5be5.jpg

Click the spoiler for a closer look at the camouflaged birb:

Spoiler

IMG_2439_Creeper_Crop.thumb.jpg.20cb3240b377f84aa8b1b824546f82ea.jpg

That little guy is called a Brown Creeper. They cling to tree trunks and climb upward, picking bugs off the bark, and then fly back down to the base of the tree to start the process over again.

Hairy Woodpecker (1 photo):

Spoiler

IMG_2448_Hairy_WP_Crop.thumb.jpg.464002a676d047a6c22a0e70231570f0.jpg

Hairy Woodpecker is just what it's called; it doesn't actually have any hair, just feathers like all birds. :P This one's a female because she has no red on her head.

Butterflies high up in the mountains (2 photos):

Spoiler

Northwestern Fritillary:

IMG_2392_Northwestern_Fritillary_Crop.thumb.jpg.2cc1d25331c80430516c45e59fd16dc8.jpg

Milbert's Tortoiseshell:

59a2374cd6cee_IMG_2410_Milberts_Tortoiseshell_Crop.thumb.jpg.4de6918d54b16a14e239563212c4ecc1.jpg

Some of you may remember that I've posted a photo of a Milbert's Tortoiseshell before, but back then I was only able to get photos of the boring brown underside of its wings. This one was much more cooperative and posed with wings spread so I could photograph the topside!

Adorable (but very noisy!) chipmunk (1 photo):

Spoiler

IMG_2434_Chipmunk_Crop.thumb.jpg.fd7b8031f8a96d08bca1106357d17a1b.jpg

These little guys were all over the mountainside where I took all the photos in this post, and they kept chattering and squeaking at me in alarm. It made me jump every time. XD

56 minutes ago, Draginon said:

image.thumb.jpg.47bb8f48ed0752f1458e59c6014b4f03.jpg

Walmart had this in the bargain bin for $6. They don't usually have a bargain bin for books, but I guess with them eliminating 80% of the book department they have to get rid of the old stock they can't put on the shelves anymore.

That's an excellent find! Looks like it's a hardcover in great condition too. =)

8 hours ago, Darkness Ascendant said:

aaaye, I still need to read his other stuff (other than cinder spires). I loved it so much

8 hours ago, Sunbird said:

So many books, so little time... XD

It's actually not that bad. The majority of Butcher's stuff is (relatively) short. At the beginning of this year I reread the entirety of the Dresden books in just over a month. I'm really hoping he finishes the next one soon.