Lorri is not immune to Armageddon’s powers, but she would not have followed him if she didn’t basically already agree that humanity completely sucks.

Armageddon’s influence over her is comparable to that of a soother/rioter.

(or is Armageddon’s powers working more binary than that?)

Edit: I just thought of an amusing meta epic.

Name: Tag

Primary Power: Permanently trades powers with any epic they touch.

Secondary Power: No tagbacks.

Edited by Drake Marshall

14 hours ago, The Young Pyromancer said:

How's it coming, Comatose?

I probably need one solid evening to finish so it’s just a matter of finding it.  This evening I’ll likely be working but I’m hoping to fit it in Tuesday or Wednesday. 

Cool.

I was thinking about the Epic I proposed a while ago, and I am thinking I am going to create her in order to flesh out the ranks of the less-powerful Epics.

Here she is:

Spoiler

Epic name: N/A

Power: Being supernaturally attractive.  It sounds like a boon, but in a world of Epics, it can also be a VERY large curse

Currently: On the run from various Epics who want her as their “pet”/trophy.

Edited by The Young Pyromancer

5 hours ago, Drake Marshall said:

Lorri is not immune to Armageddon’s powers, but she would not have followed him if she didn’t basically already agree that humanity completely sucks.

Armageddon’s influence over her is comparable to that of a soother/rioter.

(or is Armageddon’s powers working more binary than that?)

Edit: I just thought of an amusing meta epic.

Name: Tag

Primary Power: Permanently trades powers with any epic they touch.

Secondary Power: No tagbacks.

Had a very similar idea myself recently, though mine was body-switching rather than power switching and didn't have the no tagbacks.

1 hour ago, The Young Pyromancer said:

Cool.

I was thinking about the Epic I proposed a while ago, and I am thinking I am going to create her in order to flesh out the ranks of the less-powerful Epics.

Here she is:

Hide contents

Epic name: N/A

Power: Being supernaturally attractive.  It sounds like a boon, but in a world of Epics, it can also be a VERY large curse

Currently: On the run from various Epics who want her as their “pet”/trophy.

I've also got plenty of less powerful Epics available if we need them. :D
This Epic makes me very glad that Nighthound is not around anymore.

21 minutes ago, Voidus said:

I've also got plenty of less powerful Epics available if we need them. :D

We only say it's to pad out the ranks because we want to share our fun epics without being obliged to write them. :P 

1 minute ago, Kidpen said:

We only say it's to pad out the ranks because we want to share our fun epics without being obliged to write them. :P 

Well you'll get no judgement from me, I've got way too many to ever actually use. :P
*Begins chanting 'One of us'*

She sounds like fun.  A few questions though:  Is it like a pheromone or mental manipulation type thing, or just appearance?  How does it work with different genders and sexualities? Like, would it work on a female asexual person who is only romantically attracted to men?

I don't think Kokichi would join up with any faction, but which area of the city would they live in relatively "peacefully?" (in the sense that people might occasionally try to convert or kill them but they find that funny so they don't try to hard to leave or discourage the attempts) 

Anyone who is attracted to women is affected.  Others are still influenced, and may end up changing their orientation over time.  Other women's first reaction tends to either be jealous or pity her.  Someone who isn't generally attracted to anyone in particular is immune, but they tend to slowly develop feelings for her.

So basically, if people aren't normally attracted to her, over the course of time, they will develop a deeper variety of love.  This is also true of people who are attracted to her.  Over time, her relationship with others can change to envy/jealousy, pity, love, hatred, a strong friendship, ect.  Her power is a first impression thing, but it also subtly influences other people's relationship with her to be more intense.

Clarity and Typo

11 minutes ago, The Young Pyromancer said:

Anyone who is attracted to women is affected.  Others are still influenced, and may end up changing their orientation over time.  Other women's first reaction tends to either be to either be jealous or pity her.  Someone who isn't generally attracted to anyone in particular is immune, but they tend to slowly develop feelings for her.

So basically, if people aren't normally attracted to her, over the course of time, they will develop a deeper variety of love.  This is also true of people who are attracted to her.  Over time, her relationship with others can change to envy/jealousy, pity, love, hatred, a strong friendship, ect.  Her power is a first impression thing, but it also subtly influences other people's relationship with her to be more intense.

Red's... opinion... on her is going to be interesting. 

Edited by winter devotion
typo

It depends.

If she's lucky, she'll encounter a niceish Epic and be protected, living a life as the Epic's favored servant.

If she's unlucky...

I introduced her into this setting because most of the Epics are nice-ish.

Oh, and I'm working on her required secondary now.

EDIT: Here

Secondary: Circumstantial beauty.  Example: she cannot become fat. If she is hurt, it will inevitably be in a way that makes her more pityable.  

5 minutes ago, The Young Pyromancer said:

It depends.

If she's lucky, she'll encounter a niceish Epic and be protected, living a life as the Epic's favored servant.

If she's unlucky...

Secondary: Circumstantial beauty.  Example: she cannot become fat. If she is hurt, it will inevitably be in a way that makes her more pityable.  

If she's unlikely, she meets someone like Nighthound. *winces* 

3 hours ago, Voidus said:

Had a very similar idea myself recently, though mine was body-switching rather than power switching and didn't have the no tagbacks.

Either could lead to some extremely entertaining and chaotic situations. Given that abilities are conventionally tied to the hosts cells, I presume that this would also result in a permanent power swap?

Also, I will be traveling for the next twelve hours or so and probably won’t be reachable.

I might spend a fraction of that time writing character intros, though.

6 minutes ago, Drake Marshall said:

Either could lead to some extremely entertaining and chaotic situations. Given that abilities are conventionally tied to the hosts cells, I presume that this would also result in a permanent power swap?

Also, I will be traveling for the next twelve hours or so and probably won’t be reachable.

I might spend a fraction of that time writing character intros, though.

It would indeed, although with the benefit that the one who has the power swapping ability always looks the same so they can be avoided by other Epics.

It depends.

If she's unlucky...

Quick note on this, as far as I know, secondary powers are not required. If you feel like it adds to her character, go ahead, but don't feel forced to.

About the tag, it would be cooler if the tagging power was kept with the original person.

Then they could slowly trade their way up.

EDIT:  Also, Voidus, did you get my PM?

Would be way more overpowered that way, personally I like powers that have strong drawbacks.

I did indeed, but unfortunately I'm at work so I usually leave any longer replies for when I get home.

5 hours ago, The Young Pyromancer said:

Funny, when I came up with this character I thought the exact opposite ;)

This character is intended to be possibly the straw that breaks the camel's back in regard to the factions.

Don't worry, Nighthound won't be truely death until people stop having nightmares.

So Helen of Edmonton? I bet Shiny feels bad for being left out.

2 hours ago, The Young Pyromancer said:

I meant that it was required for her primary power.

To be fair, Epics seem to have a bunch of little powers like that by default, from the supernatural sixpack up and to altered fingernail growth.