I had a great idea for an Epic, one I probably won’t use as a major character but’ll be fun. 

Epic Name: Dad

Primary Power: If given a container of shaving cream, he can keep using it forever.

Passive Power: Super strength

Fun fact: shaving cream is VERY flammable. 

5 hours ago, The Young Pyromancer said:

Character Elaborated:

Name- Nicroburst. (I assume that Brandon exists in the Reckonerverse, he just never wrote the Reckoners.  If you guys could think of a good name that isn't Cosmere that would be great.)

Occupation- Reckoner mimicker.  He wanted to become a Reckoner, but the group he approached tried to kill him.  So, he began going it alone.

Power- Nicroburst.  He can enhance other epic's powers temporarily, the length of time increasing as the strength increases, and then they shut off temporarily, again length depending on strength.  Requires contact.

Evil manifestation- Since his power isn't that strong, being a jerk after he uses it for a while.

Goal- Finding a nice Epic who has a limited copying power, so he can copy Nicroburst's power and enhance him so he can superenhance him without it expiring so he can permacopy all the Epic abilities.

Our epics will have to be in different towns with this powerset. Or one of our epics will have to want to kill the other. One of the two. :lol:

7 hours ago, Voidus said:

And another character idea. Meta Epic so probably not likely to work in RP but just had the thought and my character creation compulsion is slowly taking hold of me again. :D

Hide contents

Iva, a canceler Epic who can cancel any Epic power that is used directly on him. Alternatively if he spends a number of hours with an Epic he can permanently cancel their powers. The Epic is aware of this process so he can't do it stealthily.

Is aiming to slowly remove the powers of every Epic in the world, is very opposed to killing even Epics as he believes he has the means to redeem them all.

7 hours ago, The Young Pyromancer said:

Character Elaborated:

Name- Nicroburst. (I assume that Brandon exists in the Reckonerverse, he just never wrote the Reckoners.  If you guys could think of a good name that isn't Cosmere that would be great.)

Occupation- Reckoner mimicker.  He wanted to become a Reckoner, but the group he approached tried to kill him.  So, he began going it alone.

Power- Nicroburst.  He can enhance other epic's powers temporarily, the length of time increasing as the strength increases, and then they shut off temporarily, again length depending on strength.  Requires contact.

Evil manifestation- Since his power isn't that strong, being a jerk after he uses it for a while.

Goal- Finding a nice Epic who has a limited copying power, so he can copy Nicroburst's power and enhance him so he can superenhance him without it expiring so he can permacopy all the Epic abilities.

I don't think either of these are too powerful.

And I like that these powers could have interesting RP applications.

But both of them are literally "powerful meta-epics who resist corruption and thus become antiheroes who want to use their meta-powers stop all epics"

Maybe consider finding a way to differentiate the two somehow? Any one of those traits is extremely rare in epics, and this is a small town.

Edited by Drake Marshall

Iva would be in a permanent semi-corrupted state purely due to lack of opportunity to actually use his powers. Unless Epics frequently directly target him he can't really use it. So not really putting an active effort into avoiding his powers, just kind of stuck not using them for long lengths of time by coincidence.

12 minutes ago, Voidus said:

Iva would be in a permanent semi-corrupted state purely due to lack of opportunity to actually use his powers. Unless Epics frequently directly target him he can't really use it. So not really putting an active effort into avoiding his powers, just kind of stuck not using them for long lengths of time by coincidence.

That makes sense.

49 minutes ago, Voidus said:

I think using the old thread is probably fine, saves anyone who wants to bring an old character in from needing to rewrite the profile

I’m probably gonna rewrite mine so I’d be up for a new thread. It’d be nice to keep things clean, as this is a reboot after all. 

Edit: oh @Edgedancer take another ray. 

Spoiler

large.5DFB0CDB-9351-4050-9D55-508741802A0D.jpeg.b34c416e272932045d2fdb74f9f8d66d.jpeg

the gag is like symbolism or whatever

Edited by winter devotion

1 hour ago, winter devotion said:

I’m probably gonna rewrite mine so I’d be up for a new thread. It’d be nice to keep things clean, as this is a reboot after all. 

Edit: oh @Edgedancer take another ray. 

Reveal hidden contents

large.5DFB0CDB-9351-4050-9D55-508741802A0D.jpeg.b34c416e272932045d2fdb74f9f8d66d.jpeg

the gag is like symbolism or whatever

This is what I was thinking. The old thread itself is pretty organized but still fairly intimidating, especially if it’ll be mostly out of date. Up to you, though, voidus, as you’re by far my senior here.

13 minutes ago, Voidus said:

Just a suggestion, if people would get more use out of a new thread then I'm all for it. :)

We can decide when we’ve got a few more characters I guess lol. 

I’m probably just going to write two (Knox and Silhouette), and I’m not sure on anyone else’s plans, but it’s not worth a new thread for ~10-15 characters.

Probably same thread. I’m pretty sure that’s what we did for Oregon, it was just called Epics for some reason.

EDIT: Also, it sounds like there’s a good number of vanillas coming in! That should be pretty cool. 

Edited by Bladestorm

1 minute ago, Voidus said:

Same thread would be easier I'd say, not much point separating Maples and Epics from each other.

I think this is the first use of maple outside of a discussion on what to call non Epics. A momentous moment indeed.

Plus maple is so much more flavourful than vanilla. Haha. Get it.

I do have one idea for a power. Someone with the ability to instantly and effortlessly see the possible outcomes and probabilities of each, within reason. Inspired by The Audit from the Please Don't Tell my Parents book series. It's just the power, but thought it was worth mentioning.

Just now, Kidpen said:

I do have one idea for a power. Someone with the ability to instantly and effortlessly see the possible outcomes and probabilities of each, within reason. Inspired by The Audit from the Please Don't Tell my Parents book series. It's just the power, but thought it was worth mentioning.

Would make a neat side epic. Like fortuity lite version, kinda, but also more useful in many situations.

1 minute ago, Kidpen said:

Hard to do in a collaborative rp where we don't necessarily know all the outcomes up front. Same reason we tended to avoid Precog Epics last game beyond having dangersense.

7 hours ago, antgrgmn said:

Our epics will have to be in different towns with this powerset. Or one of our epics will have to want to kill the other. One of the two. :lol:

I was actually thinking my Epic could end up being super corrupted by the feedback thing if he ever gets it working.  Then he could end up working for the Epic who ends up ruling the city.  Or maybe the Epic who ends up ruling the city beats him and ends up using him as an amplifier. 

Also, if anyone is willing to make an Epic he can kill, I can show you his awesome technique.

Oh, and Power specific weaknesses- Nicroburst doesn't work on passive abilities, such as most PIs.  This is why Nicroburst is a really bad pseodo-Reckoner:  he can only kill glass-canon Epics.  However, he is very good at doing so.  If they don't recognize him.  If they do, he's screwed.  Also, his Epic-killing thing would be very easy to disrupt.  So I REALLY hope he doesn't end up being captured by that world-destruction Epic...

Actual Weakness- I'll give you a hint.  It could be figured out randomly.  It will be guessable, though it will be hard.  Look for when he's nervous/ reluctant to use his powers.  He won't act on his weakness though, as that is how MANY Epics get discovered.  It's not like he could do much about it anyways.

1 hour ago, Kidpen said:

Please Don't Tell my Parents

Fantastic series. Guess we can pull quite a lot of inspiration from there.

I’m assuming everyone is just going to focus on reviving this RP, and not the Wastelands?