On 6/19/2018 at 7:09 PM, Comatose said:

I'm kind of thinking of grouping some of my epics together with a bunch of Vanillas who enter the city as refugees.  Masquerading as vanillas to avoid their enemies, these epics would be a little less corrupted for the time being (kind of like Megan in the books), and then when they start using their powers the corruption would start again.  

I've been thinking of contributing a character to this refugee group. Probably a vanilla who is an avid reader and recognizes the things happening in the world from an epic about people with superpowers...called Worm, of course, were you expecting something else? :P She's going to have a lot of theories about what's happening where the broad strokes are sort of right but a lot of the details are incredibly wrong, and wants to go to Canada where the author lives to confront him about what he knows. The only issue is that it'll contain spoilers for pretty much the whole ending of Worm.

Some of the main differences between the Reckonerverse and Worm:

Spoiler

In Both: source of powers is anonhuman extradimensional entity

In the Reckoners: powers come from Calamity, who has no real motivation other han to prove humans are bad.

In Worm: powers come from Scion, who uses it to collect information and later destroy Earth.

In Both: a lot of people with powers aren't great people, to put it lightly.

In the Reckoners: power use causes corruption. There are no superheros.

In Worm: having any powers at all makes you more prone to conflict, and the process of getting powers (called triggering) requires going through a traumatizing experience. Some places, like the US, had a superhero organization, but they weren't the most efficient at enforcement.

36 minutes ago, Arraenae said:

I've been thinking of contributing a character to this refugee group. Probably a vanilla who is an avid reader and recognizes the things happening in the world from an epic about people with superpowers...called Worm, of course, were you expecting something else? :P She's going to have a lot of theories about what's happening where the broad strokes are sort of right but a lot of the details are incredibly wrong, and wants to go to Canada where the author lives to confront him about what he knows. The only issue is that it'll contain spoilers for pretty much the whole ending of Worm.

Some of the main differences between the Reckonerverse and Worm:

Reveal hidden contents

In Both: source of powers is anonhuman extradimensional entity

In the Reckoners: powers come from Calamity, who has no real motivation other han to prove humans are bad.

In Worm: powers come from Scion, who uses it to collect information and later destroy Earth.

In Both: a lot of people with powers aren't great people, to put it lightly.

In the Reckoners: power use causes corruption. There are no superheros.

In Worm: having any powers at all makes you more prone to conflict, and the process of getting powers (called triggering) requires going through a traumatizing experience. Some places, like the US, had a superhero organization, but they weren't the most efficient at enforcement.

Is that an actual book?

May I join?  I'm thinking of a character that can basically Nicroburst people, to go along with the dictator theme.

I actually LIVE in Salem Oregon, so I'm sad to see my state leave the spotlight.

I like the idea of the crisis meeting.

If the city is destined for a dictatorship, then we should probably designate the dictator-to-be from the start.

16 minutes ago, winter devotion said:

Is that an actual book?

Not a book, but a web serial. I won't link to it here because parts of it wouldn't meet the Shard's standards for cleanliness -- mentions of suicide, servere chaacter bullying, gore, and death. If you want to find it, just search up "worm web serial".

Alright, last question, then I'm ready to do this. And yes, I'm doing this. How private should I be with info that my character keeps secret, including from himself?

Edited by Kidpen

5 hours ago, winter devotion said:

It’s all practice. You could draw like that too if you spent... ah...hahahahaha...

every waking hour of your life drawing...

That's... encouraging?

28 minutes ago, Kidpen said:

Alright, last question, then I'm ready to do this. And yes, I'm doing this. How private should I be with info that my character keeps secret, including from himself?

That's a good question actually. We don't have a GM in charge yet to veto secrets, so unless we assign somebody, I'd say we should default to openness.

24 minutes ago, Gancho Libre said:

hello, everyone.

this looks cool!

can someone explain to me please what happens here? :)

We're reviving the Reckoners RP. With the current idea being to take some of the old characters and have them migrate to a city in Canada after the destruction of Oregon. Both Epic and normal characters are allowed to players.

As things stand the game is planned to follow mostly character driven plotlines, instead of setting up one big goal players are forced to follow. Though, to keep things simple, I'd say new characters should either be oregon refugees or citizens of the not yet decided on canadian city.

Edited by Edgedancer

1 minute ago, The Young Pyromancer said:

I'm assuming pre-, as that is what all the others are.

There was a discussion a couple pages back considering switching it up. I don't think any decisions were made.

2 hours ago, Arraenae said:

I'm literally reading the last arc of Worm right now :)

1 hour ago, The Young Pyromancer said:

May I join? I'm thinking of a character that can basically Nicroburst people, to go along with the dictator theme.

I actually LIVE in Salem Oregon, so I'm sad to see my state leave the spotlight.

I like the idea of the crisis meeting.

If the city is destined for a dictatorship, then we should probably designate the dictator-to-be from the start.

Sometime, you should make a fire epic called "Pyromancer" :P

Also, do we know what the city is destined for yet?

Edited by Drake Marshall

What would even happen when calamity left?  I imagine there would be mass chaos as the corruption suddenly stops.  Some people would stay the same, and some would suddenly realize what they had done and freak out.  Imagine what would happen in any of the cities ruled by one Epic that suddenly freaked out and stopped being evil.