12 minutes ago, Elenion said:

Sart is on, so I'll remove the poke vote from him.

It appears that I still have a few votes on me, but I can't argue any more than I have.

I propose a plan. Those who like it can go along with it. Those who don't don't have to do anything.

Elenion's Suicidal and Daft Plan to Prove His Innocence:

1. Lynch me!!!!
  2. I will then be hard-cleared as village.
  3. My many interactions with players can then be analyzed
  4. Hopefully, some elims may be killed because of it

TL;DR: Lynching me might not be such a bad idea

Really? Like, what interactions would we analyze exactly? It's D1 and as such, the village is in the dark and the elims don't have to do much to feign ignorance. I don't like that you're suggesting this. Although, ironically, it does sorta make me think that lynching you is a good idea.

RP in quotebox, because my fingers slipped on mobile.

Naara listed out multiple things, along with some unnecessary details. Anelin tried to pay attention, but lost track when Naara started talking about the two-week old Hraggish weeds.

"And that is all," Naara said about five minutes later. "Unless you like eating fabric or paper or something strange like that. I can tell you the amounts of that too if you like."

"No, thank you," Anelin quickly said. She didn't want to sit through another long list of items and quantities. Naara might be generous -- she let Anelin stay in her house, after all -- but she was long-winded. "The pancakes sound good."

20 minutes ago, Elenion said:

It appears that I still have a few votes on me, but I can't argue any more than I have.

I propose a plan. Those who like it can go along with it. Those who don't don't have to do anything.

1. Lynch me!!!!

Uh, guys? Are we sure there aren't any Jester roles this game? Because I'm pretty sure Elenion should still be defending himself at this point.

3 hours ago, Ecthelion III said:

Apologies Emerald, I seem to have misconstrued your telling Elenion to keep responding to new allegations even after he clearly stated his defense as tunneling. antgrgmn, you're lurking, would you mind saying something?

Has Ant actually been on? I'm currently on mobile, so I'm not inclined to check, but I personally haven't actually seen him on  

3 hours ago, Magestar said:

Wow.  That's.  Wow.  

Guys, this new info has lead me to believe that Mailliw is an Eliminator!

Wow. You're really good at reading between the lines!

2 hours ago, little wilson said:

You seriously over estimate my speed at composing my essays. The Lynch Maill essay in MR4 took me about 5 hours to put together. No joke. In fact, I might be underestimating that, since it was over a year and a half ago. Suffice it to say that they are works of art, filled with quotes, links, analysis, and logic. Not something I can do in an hour.

Can't I be right once? 

Emerald isn't saying much, but he's trying to appear useful by getting others to speak.

I will withhold my vote for now. If I were to vote, however, it would be on Emerald.

Lots of fancy words that get innocents killed. :P But "works of art" works too. 

Nope. ;)

I am curious as to why you'd vote on Emerald. You spent a lot of time talking about Len. 

1 hour ago, Elenion said:

Here's my current suspicions about the playing field. Most-suspicious player is marked in yellow.

Amanuensis: Too good a player for me to deduce anything as of yet. Good gut read, though.

Ecthelion III: Has defended me with logic. If he was an elim he probably would have targeted me, but I can't say for sure. Good gut read.

Mailliw: Probably not an elim due to inactivity coming up

Stink: I find it strange how fast that counter-bandwagon materialized. Called for help in doc?

Wilson: Too good a player for me to make any decent conclusions. Good gut read.

Couple things. One, no player is too good for you. Two, you can't demand that no one use gut reads and then lost your gut reads. Three, careful about assumptions about what eliminators would or wouldn't do. Remember an evil Duelist who protected an innocent Senator? Four, there was never a bandwagon on stink.

1 hour ago, Kipper said:

Ah, what I should have said is that I never lie to people about how I'll use their information (unless I'm an Eliminator). I'm always completely honest with where my info will go and what I'll do with it.

3. You didn't roleclaim to me. Why not? How will you prove your role? When will you claim your role if you want to get out of this bandwagon?

Ah I see. Commendable. I just lie in broad sweeps. Personal things I keep truthful.

He claimed to me. I won't reveal his role yet, but know that he has claimed. 

1 hour ago, Kipper said:

Smh Alvron, if you want better info to feed people in the future, just come to me. I have it all.

The student pleases the master. :)

1 hour ago, STINK said:

Alright, game talk? I've been dicking around for the first 24 hours of this game, yes, because this is the bit of the game that matters least, and I want it to be the most fun both for me but also for Mailliw (bye bye), but I might do a bit of try-harding from now on. Because I'm Neutral though, I'll take requests for who I analyse, so you can do to me what I basically did to some people for Aman. 

Thanks! Much appreciated!

21 minutes ago, Elenion said:

1. Lynch me!!!!

A dead hard cleared player doesn't help much. Not on D1. 

2 minutes ago, Mailliw73 said:

Has Ant actually been on? I'm currently on mobile, so I'm not inclined to check, but I personally haven't actually seen him on

He was on just over 7 hours ago.

3 minutes ago, Mailliw73 said:

I am curious as to why you'd vote on Emerald. You spent a lot of time talking about Len. 

I spent more time talking about Len because I disagreed with a lot of what he was saying. I find them both suspicious, but between the two of them, I would feel more comfortable lynching Emerald. I think his actions make more sense from an eliminator standpoint, whereas Len's could come from a villager, so I'd prefer to watch Len to see what he does next and then make up my mind about him.

Also, as for exactly why I'd vote for Emerald. It comes down to these two posts. Please note the time stamp on them. An hour and ten minutes apart. Also, please note the people pinged in the first one versus the people pinged in the second. Every person in the second was in the first one. The first one that was posted an hour prior. That's hardly time for someone to respond. Sure, the second post's players had all been online in the last 8 hours, but just because they're online doesn't mean they can post. I keep up with the thread when I'm at work with my phone generally (sometimes with my computer, but that's less often), so I'm checking the site but I'm not in a position to post, nor will I unless it's absolutely necessary for me to say something, and then I'll post a couple lines. I keep up with the thread because I don't want to have to catch up on 6 pages of thread to be able to post when I finally have the time.

To me, it feels like the second post came about because he wanted to be useful to make people think he was good, so he made a post almost identical to one he'd made an hour earlier, but different enough to seem like new information so it looks, on the surface, like he's being helpful. But it's not. It actually looks more like someone saying "Hey look at these people! They still haven't posted" so we don't look at him

So yeah. It's not enough for me to vote for him, but if I were forced to vote for someone, I'd go for him because he's my strongest suspicion.

2 hours ago, Elenion said:

1. Lynch me!!!!

To be honest, I highly doubt any Eliminators were involved in the brief bandwagon against you, if you're innocent. Of course, one can never be certain but as a rule, evil players like to let the Lord of Chaos rule in the early-game; where they can, they let the village screw things up themselves, with minimal interference. Assuming you're innocent and we do lynch you, we kind of soft-clear five-ish people. Does that help? Not really. Statistically, we're no more likely to find an Eliminator than before.

Plus, what Ecthelion said. In a game where we have no clue what's going on for the most part lynching someone who advocates their own lynch is asking for trouble. However, such obvious Jester-play is usually a bad idea for said Jester, and a good one for an Eliminator. So, if you really want to die to prove your innocence, I vote we go ahead with it. As soon as night falls.

Anyways, I'm here! I'm alive! :P I'm still kind of reeling from the sheer volume of posts you guys managed while I was at work! :P (If the game continues like this, this is gonna suck. I'm going to be consistently struggling to catch up with everybody else. :( I haven't even had a chance to start drafting RP yet.) 

As for my own thoughts... They're still gathering. I've spent a lot of the time I should be analyzing trying to relearn NodeXL. :P 

Edited by Aonar Faileas
Whoops. :P

14 minutes ago, Aonar Faileas said:

Plus, what Burnt said. In a game where we have no clue what's going on for the most part lynching someone who advocates their own lynch is asking for trouble. However, such obvious Jester-play is usually a bad idea for said Jester, and a good one for an Eliminator. So, if you really want to die to prove your innocence, I vote we go ahead with it. As soon as night falls.

I think you meant Ecthelion III  but i agree with what you said i said.  I just don't remember saying it. 

1 minute ago, Burnt Spaghetti said:

I think you meant Ecthelion III  but i agree with what you said i said.  I just don't remember saying it. 

Dangit. (Sorry. :P) Too many new faces! I can't be expected to remember that all these people I've never heard of before actually exist! :P 

1 hour ago, Mailliw73 said:

One, no player is too good for you.

Not too good for me; too good to leave any hard evidence against them D1. I can't make heads or tails out of most of it, and what little opinions I have aren't even to gut-read level.

Two, you can't demand that no one use gut reads and then lost your gut reads.

I didn't demand ceasing gut reads, my philosophy is that you don't lynch solely based on gut. Gut is a good starting point, then you really get to work on them until they slip or seem innocent. If they slip, then you lynch. If they don't, you lynch another player who did slip or, worst comes to worst, an inactive.

Four, there was never a bandwagon on stink.

There was a bandwagon poke, I even called it as such here. (sorry, don't know how to link to a post directly, just a page)

39 minutes ago, Aonar Faileas said:

However, such obvious Jester-play is usually a bad idea for said Jester

Well, good thing I'm not a Jester. :D

37 minutes ago, Aonar Faileas said:

So, if you really want to die to prove your innocence, I vote we go ahead with it. As soon as night falls.

I'm all paid up on my life insurance, so I'm ready to roll (or hang, as the case may be). Tonight at sunset? :P

...Wow. That is one long doc. LG22 had 12 pages on the first day, but most of that came in the last couple hours before rollover. This is going to be one hectic game.

I’m not sure if I can say anything new that hasn’t been said already, but I’ll state where I stand on a few of the players that seem to have had a lot of focus.

Elenion: I’m having a hard time trying to read Len. He doesn’t seem to follow the established pattern for what SE Players do. That works in some situations, not in others. Overall, I don’t think Len’s posts are indicative either way, simply because I think he could act that either as a villager or as an eliminator. He does reference MR15 a lot, but I’m sure if I went and looked at LG22, my second game, that I would have done the same thing with LG21. Ultimately, the meta does seem to indicate that Len would do that sort of thing even as a villager, but Eliminator!Len would know that, so it doesn't really show either way. What I'm most concerned about is Len's Suicide Plan. I don't think it would gain us much, and if there's a Jester role, it could cost us. Out of 100, he’d be a 47 or 48. I advise against lynching him for now unless new evidence comes to light.

Emerald: I didn’t really see anything strange in what Emerald was saying. He had a suspicion, and he called it. In fact, I find people who usually turn votes into bandwagon get a lot of attention/suspicion, which makes eliminators less likely to do so. Now, I know that creates an IKYK, but even then, I don’t consider this to be indicative either way. 50 out of 100.

Stink: Trying to analyse Stink is like trying to build a Hadron Collider out of toilet paper and dental floss. Completely and utterly impossible. His claim - I intend to look at another game he’s been an eliminator in, to see what he’s like then. I’d say I’m slightly more inclined to trust him, but barely noticeable, simply because I don’t think an Eliminator would want to draw so much attention to themself. It's definitely possible that he wants us to think that, though. Out of 100, he’d be a 51.

10 hours ago, TheMightyLopen said:

Currently, I think my top suspicion is Magestar. His defense of Elenion directly after his(Elenion's) defense read to me like an eliminator defending a player he knows isn't an eliminator. Also, was getting somewhat of an evil gut read on Magestar even before that post.

I'm slightly nervous that on my first game, before anything has happened yet, I am getting an Eliminator gut read.  :P  As for my defense of Elenion, I have no way of knowing if he is an Elim or not, I just have seen nothing proving he is.  And I tend to think Bandwagoning is a bad idea.  If you really want to lynch him, I can't stop you; I was just giving reasons why I think you should not.  I think what happened is a poke vote and a gut read got someone to do a bandwagon vote, and it escalated.  But now the poke vote and gut read votes have been removed, and there is no reason the bandwagon should stay.  Also, in my previous posts, I am pretty sure I did not say that I thought Elenion was village.  Just that we have no reason to believe he is an elim. 

8 hours ago, TheMightyLopen said:

Hm, well, considering I think Magestar didn't see my vote on him before he left and so probably won't be able to put up a response any time soon, I'll remove it and look for a better suited candidate.

Thank you.  I did in fact leave before I saw this.  Also, just one last clarifying thing.  If what happened to Elenion had happened to anyone else, I would have said the same things I did.  I just don't feel like we have any reason to believe he is an elim.  I do not agree with his tactics.  I do not necessarily think he did the safest or smartest thing he could have; I just think we do not have enough info for anything other than a bandwagon.

3 hours ago, The Young Bard said:

Elenion: I’m having a hard time trying to read Len. He doesn’t seem to follow the established pattern for what SE Players do. That works in some situations, not in others. Overall, I don’t think Len’s posts are indicative either way, simply because I think he could act that either as a villager or as an eliminator. He does reference MR15 a lot, but I’m sure if I went and looked at LG22, my second game, that I would have done the same thing with LG21. Ultimately, the meta does seem to indicate that Len would do that sort of thing even as a villager, but Eliminator!Len would know that, so it doesn't really show either way. What I'm most concerned about is Len's Suicide Plan. I don't think it would gain us much, and if there's a Jester role, it could cost us. Out of 100, he’d be a 47 or 48. I advise against lynching him for now unless new evidence comes to light.

This.

Edited by Magestar

Young Bard, in case you actually go back and find a Stink Elim, I can just tell you based off my profiles that this is the first time he's acted out in this way. Completely different public playstyle. I don't think we should necessarily draw any conclusions from that, as people sometimes deliberately change. For example, I've become more of a lurker, and more aggressive over quite a few games recently.

@Elenion While a aggressive playstyle can certainly be fun, I would not recommend it for long games until you are more experienced. I have found out the hard way that aggressive playstyles can get you lynched quickly. Also, please stop mentioning MR15, players will rarely mention other games because playstyles and rules will differ from game to game.

@STINK You seem to have a very. . . carefree playstyle, adding more to the discussion would be appreciated. Your early roleclaim immediately makes you suspicious and encourages a high risk, high reward playstyle. It seems an unlikely thing for a eliminator to do, however, you are known to be unpredictable.

@Silverblade5 @Magestar It's nice to have two new victims players. Rather interesting that you guys joined a long game first. Most new players tend to play the less complicated QF or MR games.

Just adding my two cents.

I think LG's offer more opportunity for me to play the game.  You know, manipulation, secrets, deception.  All the good stuff.  :P

Plus, the game that I enjoyed reading through the most was an LG, so I figured this would be a good place to start.  Also, the longer cycles are better for my schedule. 

Edited by Magestar

I'm not sure where straw is getting that data, because the evidence points elsewhere. Out of the 24 players that have played their first game since the last anniversary game (not counting the AG), 13 of them joined on LG's, so I rather think people are more likely to join for LG's. #spreadsheet #dataisfun

(The link to the SE spreadsheet with all of that data can be found on my profile, btw, if anyone is curious about it)