Bard. Elenion. Here's your bandwagon Kipper.

I tend to just talk to the players that I usually talk to in PM's(Elbereth, Burnt, Alvron, Mailliw, Rae etc. etc.), but I was thinking about branching out and trying to get the less involved players, well, more involved by PM'ing them as well. I used to use PM's a ton, but lately there hasn't been a lot of free PM games, so I'm being slow at making my PM's.

Just now, Magestar said:

Personally, I think freeing information is REALLY dangerous in games like this.  It would be a helpful tool to the village, yes, but no-one knows at this point who is definitely village.  I also think that PM's can be really helpful, but are just as dangerous as the thread, and you should only use them to gain info, and talk to people you know you trust.

Actually, in this game, I think it's quite useful to free information. We have no idea what the eliminator team(s) is like. So, any information known about them is needed for the whole village. 

1 minute ago, Mailliw73 said:

Actually, in this game, I think it's quite useful to free information. We have no idea what the eliminator team(s) is like. So, any information known about them is needed for the whole village. 

This. Thank you for illustrating my point in a better way.

Know what, I'm in one of those moods where I wanna just be free to do whatever I want. Last time I felt like this, Hellscythe kept quoting something I said from what I think was an MR :P

I'm a Neutral role, basically my goal is to survive until the end of the game. Sadly, I get no protection from this, so if everyone could like just let me do all my fun stuff then I'll just have some fun and still work towards my win con :P

Oh, and for the quotable version, " Neutral Role. Survivor. " That's like the most TLDR version there can be. So yeah, I won't spread any information I get in PMs because why would I? Now if you could all send me in some roleclaims :P

3 minutes ago, Mailliw73 said:

While I agree with you on some points, I will still have to say that it is dangerous to free info in this game, and while any info about the elims is good, sharing info should be viewed with caution.

1 minute ago, STINK said:

Know what, I'm in one of those moods where I wanna just be free to do whatever I want. Last time I felt like this, Hellscythe kept quoting something I said from what I think was an MR :P

I'm a Neutral role, basically my goal is to survive until the end of the game. Sadly, I get no protection from this, so if everyone could like just let me do all my fun stuff then I'll just have some fun and still work towards my win con :P

Oh, and for the quotable version, " Neutral Role. Survivor. " That's like the most TLDR version there can be. So yeah, I won't spread any information I get in PMs because why would I? Now if you could all send me in some roleclaims :P

This is my play. :P

@STINK

Well, this should be interesting. It could very well get you lynched because you could be an Eliminator using it as cover - especially since we have no way of knowing if the "survivor" is a real role. On the other hand, it would be a very bold move from the eliminators. I'm gonna reserve judgement on this one, and wait to see what happens.

Edited by Emerald101
clarity

Honestly anyone trying to lynch me is probably gonna be using me as a distraction, like when an eliminator is up for the lynch, someone will be like 'STINK IS UNDERCOVER' and I'll rip my blanket off and scream 'BOO' at them as my ghost costume falls apart and I get lynched for it.

Huh.. so we have an actual bandwagon now and a role claim (Stink you may have just put a target on your back for anyone who just doesn't want to give you the satisfaction of achieving your own win :P )  .. now things are getting more interesting.  

I guess I'm a little confused by the bandwagon though, like others have already mentioned Elenion is acting exactly the same as MR15 D1, of course he could be using that strategy to his advantage since that's the only play style we have seen, but there's no way to tell.  Kipper seem's the most eager to make that happen and I'm not sure I understand why and I don't really care for it.. however I seem to remember Kipper making me uncomfortable like this at the start of LG23 as well soooo.. yup confused all around sums it up nicely :P 

Also, I am pretty sure Elbereth said she would be inactive for the first cycle at least, so we shouldn't expect to hear from her. 

Just now, STINK said:

damnation this joke is too crude for SE. Kip can definitely guess what my response would be, and any other teenage boys in SE?

I'm going to quote Wilson on this one: "You're such a 16 year old boy". 

Sorry for all this non game stuff guys, but for an easy and simple explanation:

Mailliw is a bants machine, and this is like his last cycle

STINK is just the Archbishop of Banterbury, and his win condition means he can effectively ignore the game :P

Other peeps might join in on the bants, like Orlok the absolute ledge and stuff.

I can talk about the game though, like how for it only being D1, the lynch is actually pretty interesting.

14 minutes ago, Emerald101 said:

How do we feel about the free PM's we've got? I'd like to note that games where everything happens in PM's are extremely frustrating for the less-experienced players (like me) who typically don't get invited into the important discussions. I also think that freedom of information is the villages best way to make the most important tool in the game - the lynch - really count. Granted, certain sensitive information (like roleclaims) should be dealt with using caution. Just like you shouldn't immediately believe roleclaims, you shouldn't immediately out somebody to the thread.

Basically my stance on PMs will never change: I never think they should be the primary venue for discussion, but they are a useful tool that should be used, if only responsibly. As for my stance on being free with information... it ultimately depends. If I have reason to believe a specific role exists that has not been mentioned in the write-up (for example, if there's an Arsonist-esque role that "douses" me and I learn that via GM PM, I will reveal it to the thread immediately). I will not, however, share my role with other players unless I am first confident they are a villager themselves. Why? Because if I'm a useful role I don't want the eliminators to catch wind of it and kill me for it, and if I'm a less-useful role, I'd rather not spell out to the eliminators that they should target someone else. The less information they have on villager roles, the more they'll have to debate internally about targets. In summary, I don't think people should role claim, especially publicly, though if they gain some sort of information (like the existence of an unknown role) they should reveal that.

15 minutes ago, STINK said:

A Survival-Esque role with no form of self-protection? Riiiight. Not discounting the possibility, but I don't buy it. Doesn't really tell me anything about your alignment so I'm not going to read into it any more than necessary.

Just a note for you guys: Last time I played a game with multiple teams where one was neutral, they sided with the eliminators. Just keep that in mind. :)

1 minute ago, Amanuensis said:

A Survival-Esque role with no form of self-protection? Riiiight. Not discounting the possibility, but I don't buy it. Doesn't really tell me anything about your alignment so I'm not going to read into it any more than necessary.

That was me in LG21. 

Just now, Amanuensis said:

In summary, I don't think people should role claim, especially publicly,

*proceeds to quote me role claiming publicly*

Just now, Amanuensis said:

A Survival-Esque role with no form of self-protection? Riiiight

Don't talk to me about it! Joe's the one making the secret roles!

2 minutes ago, Amanuensis said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought this meant his alignment is neutral and his win-con is just to survive, not that he has a survival role.. that would make his win con too easy :P I do remember Joe saying there would be neutral roles with their own win-cons, but he could still just as easily be making it up from knowing that alone :rolleyes:

Just now, Mailliw73 said:

Last time I played a game with multiple teams where one was neutral, they sided with the eliminators. Just keep that in mind.

Hey guys, don't listen to Mailliw, he's clearly gone a bit too crazy with the banter, right?

@Elenion

You haven't commented about the more recent accusations against you. do you have anything to say?

Have all been on within the last 8 hours (for reference, the thread has been up for some 19 hours), and yet have said nothing so far. I'd like to echo what Aman said about lurkers earlier.

Silver, in particular has viewed this thread itself within the last 2 hours.