Having a Bad Day?: Get 'yer Hugs here!!

2 hours ago, Briar King said:

Omg! Manchester. I'm so angry right now. Explosions at a Ariana Grande concert packed with kids. 

2 hours ago, Briar King said:

19 dead 50 injured so far. I fear it will only be more as more news comes in. :( so mad

Is this a terrorist attack? What happened? :( if ISIS did it I think they're gonna eat a lot of US missiles in a couple of days... 

54 minutes ago, Queen Elsa Steelheart said:

Laughed at in English.  It just doesn't storming stop, does it?!

I've reached the end of the line. I can't leave school because I'll miss lessons.

I don't want to do this anymore. I want to die.

Isn't the school about to end? Keep going, you're close to being free from all this crem! 

7 minutes ago, Mestiv said:

Is this a terrorist attack? What happened? :( if ISIS did it I think they're gonna eat a lot of US missiles in a couple of days... 

Isn't the school about to end? Keep going, you're close to being free from all this crem! 

School ends 17th September. It's different in Australia. :(

Edited by Queen Elsa Steelheart

@Mestiv I would assume it is indeed is an attack but idk if any group has claimed credit yet. I had to turn the news off as I was so pissed. No idea if it is a group or was just a lone suicide bomber but it was a known event with 1000's of children. Horrible news and much chaos has been made today.

ed: assumed suicide bomber indeed. Now to find out if they were a lone wolf or part of a cell.

Edited by Briar King

I don't want to live. I want to commit suicide. Things ain't getting better.

I swear I'm going to cut. I am finding it immpossible to function and i need to jump off a balcony. I just want to die. 

Stop telling me things are going to get better. If they were getting better each day would improve. I've got suicidal everyday this week. i just want to sleep....forever. 

2 minutes ago, Queen Elsa Steelheart said:

I swear I'm going to cut. I am finding it immpossible to function and i need to jump off a balcony. I just want to die. 

Stop telling me things are going to get better. If they were getting better each day would improve. I've got suicidal everyday this week. i just want to sleep....forever. 

You don't want to die, you just want to get out of the toxic environment that you're currently in. This is hard, I know, I have no idea how your school system works etc, but you have to get out of the place you're in. Even if it results in failing a year and repeating it, do whatever you can to switch school or class. 

I know it's risky to write, but I also think you're starting to see things that are not necessarily there. Just because someone is saying something near you that you cannot hear, doesn't mean that it's about and against you. 

Remember, words can hurt only as much as you let them, and there is no one who can hurt you more than yourself. You are a valuable human being. You have flaws like everyone else. But you are NOT worse than the others! Stay strong, these days will pass no matter what you think. 

@Queen Elsa Steelheart like Mestiv said, the principle desire you have is to escape a toxic situation. You believe you do not have many options, but you do. 

One thing you need to do is seek help. The following link is a phone number where you can speak and get help anonymously. By calling this number, you will be taking control of this crisis in a positive manner.

http://www.thesamaritans.org.au/?gclid=CjwKEAjwu4_JBRDpgs2RwsCbt1MSJABOY8ang22lOcJRoZdkYxTefPYLBKVmtVy30jIog8ckA-ZWrRoCzcXw_wcB

1 hour ago, Mestiv said:

You don't want to die, you just want to get out of the toxic environment that you're currently in. This is hard, I know, I have no idea how your school system works etc, but you have to get out of the place you're in. Even if it results in failing a year and repeating it, do whatever you can to switch school or class. 

I know it's risky to write, but I also think you're starting to see things that are not necessarily there. Just because someone is saying something near you that you cannot hear, doesn't mean that it's about and against you. 

Remember, words can hurt only as much as you let them, and there is no one who can hurt you more than yourself. You are a valuable human being. You have flaws like everyone else. But you are NOT worse than the others! Stay strong, these days will pass no matter what you think. 

12 minutes ago, Orlion On a Cob said:

@Queen Elsa Steelheart like Mestiv said, the principle desire you have is to escape a toxic situation. You believe you do not have many options, but you do. 

One thing you need to do is seek help. The following link is a phone number where you can speak and get help anonymously. By calling this number, you will be taking control of this crisis in a positive manner.

http://www.thesamaritans.org.au/?gclid=CjwKEAjwu4_JBRDpgs2RwsCbt1MSJABOY8ang22lOcJRoZdkYxTefPYLBKVmtVy30jIog8ckA-ZWrRoCzcXw_wcB

Thank you guys so much 

3 hours ago, A Budgie said:

So...

I got my marks back from an english essay and...I got 53%. And...I thought I was good at English? And I feel really bad for getting such a low mark. So, hugs? Please?

*Hug* English classes can be a pain because some teachers are just a butt with grading. It's why I prefer math. Your grade does not necessarily reflect on the quality of your writing.

8 hours ago, Queen Elsa Steelheart said:

mm yes, those feels eh? 

*hugs tightly*

Mm @Mestiv @Orlion On a Cob, thanks you guys as well :wub: Perfect, can't really add on.

That's the thing Elsa, once you push through all this crap, and yes, its hard, it will take tremendous willpower, strength, resilience and fibre. But that's just it isn't it? You have all those things, you're a beautiful and an amazing human being, things will get better. We have your back, remember that we care about you and love you deeply even if life tries to stop it from reaching you.

Yes indeed, stay strong elsa, you'll get out of this.

44 minutes ago, Elenion said:

*Hug* English classes can be a pain because some teachers are just a butt with grading. It's why I prefer math. Your grade does not necessarily reflect on the quality of your writing.

urgh tell me about it. I got a half-chull grade for a pretty damnation good story i chugged out in a 45 minute exam (normally people would have a prepared one...I like to wing things)

And the teacher's excuse was that he didn't understand the reason why the events were happening (it had lots of flashbacks and things), so I guess the plot was too subtle...

@A Budgie *hugs* English classes suck.

10 hours ago, A Budgie said:

So...

I got my marks back from an english essay and...I got 53%. And...I thought I was good at English? And I feel really bad for getting such a low mark. So, hugs? Please?

*hugs*

English can be a pain.

7 hours ago, Elenion said:

It's why I prefer math. Your grade does not necessarily reflect on the quality of your writing.

I had a math teacher who only marked exams with a 0% or a 100% because,you know, it is math, if the results don't match then it is wrong.So I don't know which one I prefer.

@Idealistic Mistborn That all-or-nothing method of grading sounds supremely unhelpful to me. There's a whole spectrum of "wrong" even in math. If it's a problem with several steps, I'd say you're much more right if you only messed up the final step than if you followed completely the wrong process, even if the final answer was wrong either way. Just being marked wrong doesn't aid learning at all.

5 hours ago, Sunbirb said:

@Idealistic Mistborn That all-or-nothing method of grading sounds supremely unhelpful to me. There's a whole spectrum of "wrong" even in math. If it's a problem with several steps, I'd say you're much more right if you only messed up the final step than if you followed completely the wrong process, even if the final answer was wrong either way. Just being marked wrong doesn't aid learning at all.

Thank god for Carry Error...

1 hour ago, Mestiv said:

I always loved in math the fact, that even if you used a method different than what you are supposed to, as long as you got correct answer in correct way, they had to give you full points. 

Unless, of course, your methold was 'scribble scribble *looks over some other guy's shoulder* THIRTY SIX POINT FIVE'

19 hours ago, Sunbirb said:

I know, I usually get really nervous when I am doing exams, so I mess up some step in almost every exam, if you could see my marks with that teacher are all 0% except the last one which is 50%(There were two problems in that exam)

Edited by Idealistic Mistborn
grammar

English course: For your next assignment you have to write a prequel to the story of Hades sorry, Pluto (we only use the inferior names here) and Proserpina. It's not like the origin story of Pluto is already well known and therefore requires little to no creativity to write down. But that's okay, because to make sure you get your creative time in, you get to fill out an incredibly vague and unhelpful prewriting sheet! Featuring delights like separate boxes labeled "feelings" and "attitude"  and a box in the conflict section labeled "character" even though there's already a section for that.  And of course we're not going to give you a student example that shows you what in damnation we mean by these vague labels! Because storm you, student that has better things to do with her time.

Technology hates me today. Like, for reals.

First, it was a spreadsheet we use at work not loading information properly. That delayed me like a half hour at work, but whatever. I wasn't the only one experiencing issues with that. Next, it was my phone, which suddenly died in the middle of a song, despite having plenty of battery life. For a while, it was nonresponsive, but eventually I got it to go into a restart loop. That was fun. Not. Then, it was my computer going maddeningly slow, so I rebooted it, knowing it just needed an update (and that the update would take a while, since it had taken almost an hour for two of my coworkers today), but it stayed on the blue restart screen for over an hour.

After work, I went to AT&T, hoping they could fix my phone. Yeah, they couldn't. Neither could the other place they recommended I go to that had more equipment. But the other place got me a good discount on a Pixel, and while the total I ended up paying was a little over $700 still, it included the phone, a case, a screen protector and a year and a half warranty, so I'd say that was a decent deal. They also gave me an iPhone to use in the interim.

Problem: I'm an Android girl. I don't like iPhones. It's not the interface, though. It's the stupid complications Apple throws in just because they're Apple and they can. Like the fact that I can't download any apps (not even freaking Facebook Messenger) without creating an Apple ID and giving them all my credit card information, even though my account is linked up to AT&T and AT&T charges me for apps that cost and in-app purchases. It's the fact that Apple is ridiculous and doesn't use the same types of chargers literally everyone else uses, and since the store didn't give me a charger, I'm in a bit of a pickle since I refuse to go out and buy a charger for a phone I'm going to use for a max of 5 days, when I have a shiz ton of Type C chargers from my old Nexus, and why the freak doesn't Apple just use the Type C, or hey, even the regular mini USB that's basically the universal charger which I also have multiple of still from old phones. But noooo, Apple just has to be nitwits and not make things easy. Apple sucks, and they can all die in a hole.

All that said, I'm not actually mad. I was actually laughing at the second store as I paid the $700, though that was more because laughing is better than crying. This whole iPhone/Apple situation is just irksome.