Having a Bad Day?: Get 'yer Hugs here!!

53 minutes ago, Delightfully Smoak said:

But they'll make you all better!

*hugs*

Even they don't try to promise that. It's all just hope and trial and error. I'm not holding my breath. Less likely to be let down again that way.

38 minutes ago, Jondesu said:

Even they don't try to promise that. It's all just hope and trial and error. I'm not holding my breath. Less likely to be let down again that way.

In that case  *more hugs and wine, chocolate, ice-cream, warm-fuzzy of your choice*

Does anyone else ever get negative thoughts that don't really cause negative emotions? 

For example, while browsing fandom memes, I've come across several about how "What if we're all characters in a book, and when you forget what you were about to say, that was the author backspacing?" One of my first thoughts was, "If that's true, I'm probably nobody's favorite character." 

And I didn't feel anything…bad, I guess? Just a sense of "Yeah, that's probably true, back to browsing." 

Meh. I don't know. 

8 minutes ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

Does anyone else ever get negative thoughts that don't really cause negative emotions? 

For example, while browsing fandom memes, I've come across several about how "What if we're all characters in a book, and when you forget what you were about to say, that was the author backspacing?" One of my first thoughts was, "If that's true, I'm probably nobody's favorite character." 

And I didn't feel anything…bad, I guess? Just a sense of "Yeah, that's probably true, back to browsing." 

Meh. I don't know. 

For that comment: *hug*
But as for a reply...sometimes I do that a little, but usually when I think about stuff like that I get really emotional about it...

2 minutes ago, A Budgie said:

For that comment: *hug*
But as for a reply...sometimes I do that a little, but usually when I think about stuff like that I get really emotional about it...

*hugs back* 

If I'd thought of it just two or three years ago, it probably would've made me really emotional, but now? I just think, "Oh, yeah, that's probably true, and here's why." I'm not sure what to make of that.

30 minutes ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

*hugs back* 

If I'd thought of it just two or three years ago, it probably would've made me really emotional, but now? I just think, "Oh, yeah, that's probably true, and here's why." I'm not sure what to make of that.

You're...used to your mindset, I suppose? You've sorta accepted this idea of yourself as fact, whether or not it's true, because you're biased to be down on yourself.
Just a thought, I may be totally wrong.
But you're a good budgie. I'm sure that if this is all a story, there's people who have realised about you and, if you're not in the main part of the story, are disapointed you don't get much time in the limelight. 
Actually, I really don't know, because if this is all a story the story could literally be about anyone, anywhere.

8 minutes ago, A Budgie said:

You're...used to your mindset, I suppose? You've sorta accepted this idea of yourself as fact, whether or not it's true, because you're biased to be down on yourself.
Just a thought, I may be totally wrong.
But you're a good budgie. I'm sure that if this is all a story, there's people who have realised about you and, if you're not in the main part of the story, are disapointed you don't get much time in the limelight. 
Actually, I really don't know, because if this is all a story the story could literally be about anyone, anywhere.

What if this story is Cosmere style and a couple million authors are writing everyone's story and interconnecting them to make a gigantic series that no human could ever read all the way through?

4 minutes ago, Hemalurgic_Headshot said:

I am concerned. *hug*

I am grateful for your concern :1 *hugs back

I just...I can't bring myself to post here anymore...just not bothered/motivated...I'll type something up, then delete it..I'll forget what I'm doing half the time.

Idk perhaps I don't see the point in talking to you all *shrugs

eh...

Edited by Darkness Ascendant

10 minutes ago, Darkness Ascendant said:

I just...I can't bring myself to post here anymore...just not bothered/motivated...I'll type something up, then delete it..I'll forget what I'm doing half the time.

eh...

Well, I hope you find a purpose to occupy yourself. You don't have to get on the Shard, we won't make you, but know that we care about you here.

8 hours ago, Darkness Ascendant said:

I feel myself pushing everyone away.

You all included...
I can barely bring myself to say these words...

I just want to fade away

*all of the hugs*
Just remember we care about you, right? Even if you don't post.

Popping on here for some advice and for a rant and a hug.

Basically this is what happened. I've never been in this situation before with someone that isn't related to me.

I was walking through the school halls and I thought I saw one of the nice guys in my year. I smiled at him and then as he came into view I realised it was one of the biggest assholes in my year. My face falls and I'm like: "Oh, it's you. Never mind." He looks back at me and smiles and says, "Oh, that's nice. Someone's on their period!!" I was completely and utterly shocked. I turned around and slapped him on the shoulder, yelling and saying that he's an cremhole and how dare he say that. Then I text him and demand an apology. He harasses me and says that need to apologise for slapping him, and because I'm now threatening him, he would be justified in hitting me.

I just don't know what to do.......if i go to the principal or that goddamn school councillor, they'll kick me out for slapping him.. He harassed me last year too. I hate his entire family.

Storms my storming life. 

Edited by Queen Elsa Steelheart

10 hours ago, Darkness Ascendant said:

eh...

What Budgie and Headshot said. We still care .:) 

14 minutes ago, Queen Elsa Steelheart said:

Basically this is what happened. I've never been in this situation before with someone that isn't related to me.

I was walking through the school halls and I thought I saw one of the nice guys in my year. I smiled at him and then as he came into view I realised it was one of the biggest assholes in my year. My face falls and I'm like: "Oh, it's you. Never mind." He looks back at me and smiles and says, "Oh, that's nice. Someone's on their period!!" I was completely and utterly shocked. I turned around and slapped him on the shoulder, yelling and saying that he's an cremhole and how dare he say that. Then I text him and demand an apology. He harasses me and says that need to apologise for slapping him, and because I'm now threatening him, he would be justified in hitting me.

I just don't know what to do.......if i go to the principal or that goddamn school councillor, they'll kick me out for slapping him.. He harassed me last year too. I hate his entire family.

Storms my storming life. 

I... that's horrible. Hugs?

14 hours ago, Hemalurgic_Headshot said:

Well, I hope you find a purpose to occupy yourself. You don't have to get on the Shard, we won't make you, but know that we care about you here.

8 hours ago, A Budgie said:

*all of the hugs*
Just remember we care about you, right? Even if you don't post.

3 hours ago, Slowswift said:

What Budgie and Headshot said. We still care .:) 

Thanks guys. I guess my recent mood swing can be attributed due to two very close friends fighting and I'm just trying in vain to keep them together :/ Idk, kind of just feeling hopeless and crap.

3 hours ago, Queen Elsa Steelheart said:

Storms my storming life. 

Wait, your relatives have done this?:wacko::P 

*shakes head

Wow he *is* a douchebag...so he's threatening to hit you?

ditto what mestiv said, best to drop it, nothing good will come out of continued communication. You reacted as was expected, he should not have made that comment...

*hugs*

4 hours ago, Queen Elsa Steelheart said:

Storms my storming life. 

He's a cremhole. He insulted you, you slapped him, I'd say youre even at this point? 

Also that does NOT make him justified in hitting you and if he does I would report it. After giving him a black eye :angry:

10 hours ago, Queen Elsa Steelheart said:

Storms my storming life. 

Wow. :blink: This guy is practically a poster child for why we need feminism.

I think the best thing you can do here is ignore him, and if he retaliates, make a really big deal out of it. Even if you don't go to the principal, make sure everyone sees you as the poor girl who was hit by one of the boys in her year. Let them see you slapping him as the hysterical reaction of a girl who thought she was in serious danger. If you can't get him into trouble officially, make sure the whole school sees him as a villain. 

Edited by TwiLyghtSansSparkles

11 hours ago, Queen Elsa Steelheart said:

Storms my storming life. 

Since you want advice. I will give you mine; which is a little different. I will probably be downvoted for it. You embarrassed him and he reacted poorly. You should of said, "I'm sorry I have mistaken you for someone else. My apoligies." Instead you made him feel worthless. He reacted poorly...most young people don't handle things well. Just drop it. He seems like he craves your attention and you are giving it to him. No need to demand a apology and blow everything up and make it a huge deal. That seems to be what he wants. Perhaps there is more to this situation that meets the eye, but thats my 2 cents.

21 minutes ago, Ammanas said:

Since you want advice. I will give you mine; which is a little different. I will probably be downvoted for it. You embarrassed him and he reacted poorly. You should of said, "I'm sorry I have mistaken you for someone else. My apoligies." Instead you made him feel worthless. He reacted poorly...most young people don't handle things well. Just drop it. He seems like he craves your attention and you are giving it to him. No need to demand a apology and blow everything up and make it a huge deal. That seems to be what he wants. Perhaps there is more to this situation that meets the eye, but thats my 2 cents.

There are a few factors your assessment doesn't take into account, though:

1) This guy is already known as a cremhole, meaning he may or may not have done something like this before. 

2) If she did "make him feel worthless," as you say, then his reaction was to lash out and insult her, when he could (and should) have left well enough alone. This does not make him out to be a good person. 

3) I agree that the slapping thing was wrong, and I wouldn't have demanded an apology; however, saying he would be justified in hitting her is completely wrong and not okay in any context. 

4) Saying he "craves your attention and you are giving it to him" implies that she asked for this treatment. Which she absolutely did not. 

5) Back to the "made him feel worthless" remark. Look, he began by reducing her lack of enthusiasm at seeing him to her menstrual cycle. That's a tactic commonly used to brush off a woman's emotions, to invalidate her anger or frustration by chalking it up to hormones. Not only that, but he did it as a means of insulting her in front of anyone who was listening. This would be like a woman insulting a man, then brushing it off with "You're a man, you only have like two emotions anyway." 

In conclusion, I can see the point you're trying to make, but this guy is not the sort of person who deserves sympathy or to be defended. 

Edited by TwiLyghtSansSparkles

33 minutes ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

There are a few factors your assessment doesn't take into account, though:

1) This guy is already known as a cremhole, meaning he may or may not have done something like this before. 

2) If she did "make him feel worthless," as you say, then his reaction was to lash out and insult her, when he could (and should) have left well enough alone. This does not make him out to be a good person. 

3) I agree that the slapping thing was wrong, and I wouldn't have demanded an apology; however, saying he would be justified in hitting her is completely wrong and not okay in any context. 

4) Saying he "craves your attention and you are giving it to him" implies that she asked for this treatment. Which she absolutely did not. 

5) Back to the "made him feel worthless" remark. Look, he began by reducing her lack of enthusiasm at seeing him to her menstrual cycle. That's a tactic commonly used to brush off a woman's emotions, to invalidate her anger or frustration by chalking it up to hormones. Not only that, but he did it as a means of insulting her in front of anyone who was listening. This would be like a woman insulting a man, then brushing it off with "You're a man, you only have like two emotions anyway." 

In conclusion, I can see the point you're trying to make, but this guy is not the sort of person who deserves sympathy or to be defended. 

Looks like we will agree to disagree. Its seems we have different world views and backgrounds. I respect your right to have and express your opinion.

8 minutes ago, Ammanas said:

Looks like we will agree to disagree. Its seems we have different world views and backgrounds. I respect your right to have and express your opinion.

Please, please don't leave it at that. Please try to see it from Elsa's point of view. Look at this situation from the perspective of someone who has to be in a position of powerlessness, at the mercy of a guy who knows she can't fight back. Because right now, you're siding with the villain here.