Having a Bad Day?: Get 'yer Hugs here!!

5 hours ago, Idealistic Mistborn said:

*hugs*

I've been pretty apathetic lately, I have just realized that my relationship with my cousins is broken, I ran into them the other day(For the fist time since our parents stopped talking to each other) and it was all awful and uncomfortable, and now I am nostalgic, thinking about how close we used to be.

Besides I am under a lot of pressure with exams, college and other stuff.So Can someone hug me please?

*Hug*

My life has been... rough these past few weeks.

I'm pretty sure my parents no longer love each other. They no longer even properly call each other husband and wife, they just say "your mom" or "your dad". This has been building up for a while, and for some reason they have decided that they should tell me something wrong about the other every single chance they get. Not only that, but they also do it sometimes in front of my siblings. My dad lost his job, and now my mother is forced to work simply to keep us alive. Not only that, but I've been tanking in school. I've stopped being able to pay attention, and my grades are slipping. Whoops, there goes my chance of getting into a good college.

Supposedly I have some sort of ADD and I can get help for it but it's too little too late. My friends make fun of me on the daily and the only person left in the world who I even think cares about me never sees me anymore. I just feel like I'm stuck in a place that I'll never escape. I'm afraid that I'll end up like my dad living a life I don't want and never fulfilling my dreams and hating everything and hating myself. My writing is generally rust, and I can't help but feel that everyone treats me like a joke. Hell, I even treat myself like a joke.

My body is also broken. I went through a procedure over the summer which pretty much robbed me of the ability to play sports. Although this was not a big part of my life before, it made my body weaker over time. Now I can barely run, barely breathe, barely pick something up without realizing how weak I am and having to stop. When I sleep I can feel the metal digging into my side.

Edited by Jedal

25 minutes ago, Jedal said:

*Hug*

I'm pretty sure my parents no longer love each other. They no longer even properly call each other husband and wife, they just say "your mom" or "your dad". This has been building up for a while, and for some reason they have decided that they should tell me something wrong about the other every single chance they get. Not only that, but they also do it sometimes in front of my siblings. My dad lost his job, and now my mother is forced to work simply to keep us alive. Not only that, but I've been tanking in school. I've stopped being able to pay attention, and my grades are slipping. Whoops, there goes my chance of getting into a good college.

Supposedly I have some sort of ADD and I can get help for it but it's too little too late. My friends make fun of me on the daily and the only person left in the world who I even think cares about me never sees me anymore. I just feel like I'm stuck in a place that I'll never escape. I'm afraid that I'll end up like my dad living a life I don't want and never fulfilling my dreams and hating everything and hating myself. My writing is generally rust, and I can't help but feel that everyone treats me like a joke. Hell, I even treat myself like a joke.

My body is also broken. I went through a procedure over the summer which pretty much robbed me of the ability to play sports. Although this was not a big part of my life before, it made my body weaker over time. Now I can barely run, barely breathe, barely pick something up without realizing how weak I am and having to stop. When I sleep I can feel the metal digging into my side.

*gentle hugs*

We're here and we care and we got you. 

1 hour ago, Jedal said:

*Hug*

*hugs*

Hey, we care about you here. I know life can kinda suck sometimes, but it gets better. It might get even worse before it gets better, but it definitely will get better. And everyone here is here for you, whenever you need it.

9 hours ago, Idealistic Mistborn said:

*hugs*

I've been pretty apathetic lately, I have just realized that my relationship with my cousins is broken, I ran into them the other day(For the fist time since our parents stopped talking to each other) and it was all awful and uncomfortable, and now I am nostalgic, thinking about how close we used to be.

Besides I am under a lot of pressure with exams, college and other stuff.So Can someone hug me please?

*hugs* Try not to stress.

4 hours ago, Jedal said:

*Hug*

Aw... *all the hugs* I'm sorry to hear all that. We're here for you (and everyone else), right?

@Jedal - that's pretty much crem dude. 

A couple of things: you are cared for. You are loved. If by no one else, then by us - but there are plenty of people in your life who love you. They're probably just also going through crem right now (example; your parents). 

Physically, I recommend light exercise. If your body can handle it, do easy, simple stuff for 5 minutes a day; basic strength training - push-ups (collapsing or from knees if you need to build up strength), sit ups, body-weight squats. Will hopefully help your strength, while improving mood/etc. 

Finally; you are young. You have no idea how young you are. You have decades ahead of you. You might not get college now? Work for five years and then do college without as much debt. Don't be afraid to live: you are shackled right now by school, age and living at home (that last is both a blessing and a curse). That won't last. You will soon be free to live; well or poorly is your choice. 

Finally, you are a teenager, yeah? 

hated being a teenager. Life gets better. Life gets so, so much better. Yours will too. 

/biginternethug

Edited by Erunion

15 hours ago, Idealistic Mistborn said:

*hugs*

*hugs tightly* Do something to relax, what do you enjoy doing?

10 hours ago, Jedal said:

*gentle hug* That all sucks so so so so so much :( 

While I disagree with a couple things @Erunion has said (just my natural pessimism don't mind me), I agree with everything else. We love you and care about you, thinking about this wonderful place really helped me to some bad times, is still helping me. 

Look, breathe, your parents are going through rust and it won't do any good to worry about it yourself, distract yourself with writing (From the little of your writing I have read-just that philosophy thing tbh- it is very good :) ), reading, something which you enjoy, everything will turn out for the better in the end.

I can't really say anything about the ADD, I am quite fidgety/flitty myself, perhaps get one of those fidget cubes to help you concentrate? You're friends are chulls...don't listen to them, listen to us.

As for your body, perhaps what Erunion says will work but remember to take it easy and stretch beforehand. And for the metal part, more info? will it ever get removed?

If you need someone to talk to, I'm here, seriously. 

10 minutes ago, Darkness Ascendant said:

*hugs tightly* Do something to relax, what do you enjoy doing?

*gentle hug* That all sucks so so so so so much :( 

While I disagree with a couple things @Erunion has said (just my natural pessimism don't mind me), I agree with everything else. We love you and care about you, thinking about this wonderful place really helped me to some bad times, is still helping me. 

Look, breathe, your parents are going through rust and it won't do any good to worry about it yourself, distract yourself with writing (From the little of your writing I have read-just that philosophy thing tbh- it is very good :) ), reading, something which you enjoy, everything will turn out for the better in the end.

I can't really say anything about the ADD, I am quite fidgety/flitty myself, perhaps get one of those fidget cubes to help you concentrate? You're friends are chulls...don't listen to them, listen to us.

As for your body, perhaps what Erunion says will work but remember to take it easy and stretch beforehand. And for the metal part, more info? will it ever get removed?

If you need someone to talk to, I'm here, seriously. 

Yeah, those people are not your friends. Or if they think they're being good-natured, tell them what they're saying hurts and if they continue *then* they're not your friends.

We'll be your friends. 

One of the reasons I was brave and crazy enough to move across the world was because I knew I had the Shard support system here. And no one's let me down yet. :)

Woke up this morning and couldn't breathe at all. Ended up on a nebuliser for half an hour so I could actually get out of bed. Then I missed the bus and my parents refused to take me. Then I had to climb a hill to walk to school......while my lungs and chest feel like they're shriverling up and almost collapsed from lack of air on the way. :angry: Feel like my parents don't give a storm

Edited by Queen Elsa Steelheart

Hey... I'm deaf, and there isn't much I can do about it.

Don't worry, I'm not actually nonfunctional-ears deaf, but I can only hear 40% of everything and I'm not sure exactly how to fix it. I could go see a doctor, but I don't want to spend the time and money doing that.

1 minute ago, Hemalurgic_Headshot said:

Hey... I'm deaf, and there isn't much I can do about it.

Don't worry, I'm not actually nonfunctional-ears deaf, but I can only hear 40% of everything and I'm not sure exactly how to fix it. I could go see a doctor, but I don't want to spend the time and money doing that.

You should get a hearing test. They help.

45 minutes ago, Sunbird said:

@Queen Elsa Steelheart I'm so sorry that happened to you! I have asthma, but it's mild, so I think I understand a little bit what that felt like to be unable to breathe. :( *hugs*

I used to have mild, but it's gotten a lot worse with age :/ *hugs* thanks

51 minutes ago, Silverblade5 said:

Graduation was cancelled today due to weather. It will no longer be held at Red Rocks. The concert band will not be playing at the rescheduled graduation at the school.

I live in the area...who could of predicted snow in late May? The weather here is just bonkers.

Was just told this morning that I'll probably be discharged and sent home early next week (Mon or Tue I assume). That would be good news, except we've found exactly 0 things that have helped the pain. So I'll have spent two weeks here with nothing worthwhile to show for it except to rule out more possible solutions.

7 hours ago, Jondesu said:

Was just told this morning that I'll probably be discharged and sent home early next week (Mon or Tue I assume). That would be good news, except we've found exactly 0 things that have helped the pain. So I'll have spent two weeks here with nothing worthwhile to show for it except to rule out more possible solutions.

*hug* I'm sorry to hear that, and I hope they find something. At least you're going home, though.

I am so ready to go home. I FaceTimed my family earlier and ended up just crying afterward. This is incredibly depressing and frustrating to repeatedly have absolutely no effect when I take medications or have procedures done, especially when those are causing extra pain. I'm on my 6th IV, I had a spinal tap and several nerve blocks, so I'm sore and have bruises all over... and all for naught.