Having a Bad Day?: Get 'yer Hugs here!!

10 minutes ago, Silverblade5 said:

Day two: still feel like total crap. 

I don't know why exactly, but summer colds are the worst. They seem to be a cold colony that group up to survive the season and pile into one unfortunate person and just lay them out. 

Sorry you're that unfortunate person. 

10 hours ago, Queen Elsa Steelheart said:

One of my close friends is having surgery today, and I'm worried sick. He just went into theatre and I have spent the last 10 minutes sobbing my eyes out. 

I fainted last night because I was so worried about him. 

*offers cookie (normal one)* You both got this!

9 hours ago, C. M. Hayden said:

Hello? The thread title promised me hugs, so...?

*bear hug*

2 hours ago, Delightful said:

I'm tiiiiiired and buuuusy and I have to wooooork. 

*offers a powerbar* Keep going! Sleep will only be even more valuable and enjoyable!

22 minutes ago, Silverblade5 said:

*hugs* I'm sorry. Chull dung crap or kandra crap?

Working with established code bases that are virtually uncommented & undocumented is frustrating at best. When the client and previous developers have also had difficulty communicating, the structure of the database is bad as a result of the development process and nobody seems to have a clear idea on the process through which the data was changed into the form the app uses it all makes for a bit of a nightmare to sort out. I like the project, it's interesting and all but this particular aspect is really difficult and frustrating.

Also, my head hurts just as much as always so even focusing on something simple and logical is a lot harder than it ought to be.

(I'm "ok" and I'm handling it. It's just frustrating and painful.)

18 minutes ago, Claincy said:

Working with established code bases that are virtually uncommented & undocumented is frustrating at best. When the client and previous developers have also had difficulty communicating, the structure of the database is bad as a result of the development process and nobody seems to have a clear idea on the process through which the data was changed into the form the app uses it all makes for a bit of a nightmare to sort out. I like the project, it's interesting and all but this particular aspect is really difficult and frustrating.

Also, my head hurts just as much as always so even focusing on something simple and logical is a lot harder than it ought to be.

(I'm "ok" and I'm handling it. It's just frustrating and painful.)

Remember to document everything you find on your way to understanding this monstrosity :P You'll save someone a lot of pain in the future... or even yourself if you'll have to work with this again :) good luck!

4 minutes ago, Mestiv said:

Remember to document everything you find on your way to understanding this monstrosity :P You'll save someone a lot of pain in the future... or even yourself if you'll have to work with this again :) good luck!

Yeah, I've been working on doing just that :)

For this specific part the information is so scattered, convoluted, contradictory and illogical at times that I need to document and map it out just to get a mental picture working in the first place :P

Edited by Claincy

AUGH

So, I was starting to wonder why my fabric order was taking so long to get here. I checked the tracking today to find that it was, in fact, delivered on Thursday. To my old address.

Yeah. Genius me didn't notice that the website still had our old address programmed in. I mean, I used Paypal and since I knew that our new address is set correctly in there, assumed that the order would just use that. I was wrong because I am a rusting idiot.

So. The fabric that I need for a project is now in the hands of the complete stranger who bought our old house. (That is, assuming he hasn't just sent it back.) I have no contact information for this person. Obviously I know where he lives, but I have no idea what his schedule is like or when he is likely to be home. I have no idea if he's going to be understanding about it or act like a jerk. All of these unknowns mean that going over and knocking on that door is a terrifying prospect, but I have to do it.

1 minute ago, Kaymyth said:

AUGH

So, I was starting to wonder why my fabric order was taking so long to get here. I checked the tracking today to find that it was, in fact, delivered on Thursday. To my old address.

Yeah. Genius me didn't notice that the website still had our old address programmed in. I mean, I used Paypal and since I knew that our new address is set correctly in there, assumed that the order would just use that. I was wrong because I am a rusting idiot.

So. The fabric that I need for a project is now in the hands of the complete stranger who bought our old house. (That is, assuming he hasn't just sent it back.) I have no contact information for this person. Obviously I know where he lives, but I have no idea what his schedule is like or when he is likely to be home. I have no idea if he's going to be understanding about it or act like a jerk. All of these unknowns mean that going over and knocking on that door is a terrifying prospect, but I have to do it.

Hey, calm down. It can't possibly be that bad. Stuff like this happens all the time, and people are usually okay with helping others out when this happens. If this new owner of the house doesn't act nicely about it or I should rude to you, then that's his fault and definitely NOT yours. I don't think that'll happen, so just don't be afraid, got it? The worse that could happen is that they've already returned it, and you don't have to deal with them at all. 

3 minutes ago, StrikerEZ said:

Hey, calm down. It can't possibly be that bad. Stuff like this happens all the time, and people are usually okay with helping others out when this happens. If this new owner of the house doesn't act nicely about it or I should rude to you, then that's his fault and definitely NOT yours. I don't think that'll happen, so just don't be afraid, got it? The worse that could happen is that they've already returned it, and you don't have to deal with them at all. 

We've been living in this house for two years now. I've pretty much passed any grace period of "oops, I forgot to change my address here". :rolleyes:

I have social anxiety that crops up in uncertain situations. I'm a helluva lot more nervous attempting to contact someone when I don't know whether they're there/will pick up. (Seriously, I have to make appointments to call friends. It's dumb.) If I know what's coming, I can prep and be ready to launch onto a track. But if there's more than just one outcome (not there; there & friendly; there & neutral; there & annoyed), my brain panics and different scripts get mixed up and I suddenly find myself traveling downwards in a handbasket.

15 minutes ago, Kaymyth said:

We've been living in this house for two years now. I've pretty much passed any grace period of "oops, I forgot to change my address here". :rolleyes:

I have social anxiety that crops up in uncertain situations. I'm a helluva lot more nervous attempting to contact someone when I don't know whether they're there/will pick up. (Seriously, I have to make appointments to call friends. It's dumb.) If I know what's coming, I can prep and be ready to launch onto a track. But if there's more than just one outcome (not there; there & friendly; there & neutral; there & annoyed), my brain panics and different scripts get mixed up and I suddenly find myself traveling downwards in a handbasket.

Is there a yellow pages or something that will give you more info, something to help you find an email address?

45 minutes ago, Kaymyth said:

Hey, we all get nervous whenever we have to deal with strangers like that. Just take deep breaths and try to stay calm before you start talking to him. 

46 minutes ago, Delightful said:

Is there a yellow pages or something that will give you more info, something to help you find an email address?

Yellow pages would be for businesses; white pages is for people. And generally you wind up looking by name. There are a lot of online white pages services that will let you do reverse lookups, but you have to pay to get any reasonable info, and none of them have email information.

15 minutes ago, StrikerEZ said:

Hey, we all get nervous whenever we have to deal with strangers like that. Just take deep breaths and try to stay calm before you start talking to him. 

Meh. I just get annoyed with myself. I am 39 years old, I should be past stuff like this. I'll suck it up and do it, and have a note prepared to leave in case the guy's not home.

12 minutes ago, Kaymyth said:

Meh. I just get annoyed with myself. I am 39 years old, I should be past stuff like this. I'll suck it up and do it, and have a note prepared to leave in case the guy's not home.

I understand being annoyed, but honestly, anxiety can be crippling and its not rational. Just because you know it's not something to worry about, doesn't mean you can stop. 

I'm sure you'll be able to deal, because you've definitely had to deal with similar before. That said, I'm sorry your brain chemistry hates you. I don't share your particular affliction, but I can relate to not being able to change something I know there's no rational reason to feel. 

I hope it passes quickly. 

1 hour ago, Kaymyth said:

Yellow pages would be for businesses; white pages is for people. And generally you wind up looking by name. There are a lot of online white pages services that will let you do reverse lookups, but you have to pay to get any reasonable info, and none of them have email information.

I was thinking if you get a name you can google him.....

*hugs*. It's gonna be ok. 

Didferent topic, I just did an oops and set off the alarm in my office. Trying and somewhat succeeding to not obsess because it's been dealt with. :unsure:

Edited by Delightful

I'm not sure if I feel like someone's driving a wedge into my brain, or if I just want someone to.

It hurts so bad.

The barometric pressure changes from the storms we're having may be responsible, but it's hard to be sure.

9 hours ago, Silverblade5 said:

Many hours later: Some of my symptoms have subsided. I no longer have the headache, but the tea that I drank for my throat left me thoroughly caffeinated. Made being productive almost impossible. Speaking of my throat, it still feels like someone shoved sandpaper down it. I still have a fever (or at least, if feel like I do, thermometer's batter is dead, and is non rechargeable. I've had at least two noticeable spikes in heart-rate and pulse, gotten from doing nothing but laying around. They both subsided to what I believe is a standard. This information is leading me to suspect strep throat.

4 hours ago, Silverblade5 said:

Many hours later: Some of my symptoms have subsided. I no longer have the headache, but the tea that I drank for my throat left me thoroughly caffeinated. Made being productive almost impossible. Speaking of my throat, it still feels like someone shoved sandpaper down it. I still have a fever (or at least, if feel like I do, thermometer's batter is dead, and is non rechargeable. I've had at least two noticeable spikes in heart-rate and pulse, gotten from doing nothing but laying around. They both subsided to what I believe is a standard. This information is leading me to suspect strep throat.

It sounds like you really need to see a doctor. If it's strep throat, that can be treated with antibiotics, and if it's not, irregular heartbeat is nothing to joke about.

*hugs* I hope you feel better ASAP!

9 hours ago, Silverblade5 said:

*hug* I hope you get better.

Well, I'm dead.

Hugs, please?

Like this week I have been singing Broken by Lung to myself softly, rofl

Spoiler

Will you end my pain?
Will you take my life?
Will you bleed me out?
Will you hang me out to dry?
Will you take my soul in the midnight rain?
While I'm falling apart
While I'm going

Will you end my pain?
Will you take my life?
Will you bleed me out?

While I'm falling apart
While I'm going
Insane

Can you break my bones?
Will you tear my skin?

Can you taste my lust?
Can you feel my sin?

See I'm a waste of life
I should just kill myself
Yeah, I could slit my wrists
But it really wouldn't help
Wouldn't fix my issues
Or change your mind

Cause I broke your heart
And you buried mine
Now I'm 6 feet deep and I can't breathe
I got dirt in my eyes
And blood on my sleeves
But I dig my way up
Through these roots and leaves

So I can get some air
So I can finally breathe

And now I'm on my knees
Oh baby begging please
Will you
Will you

Will you end my pain?
Will you take my life?
Will you bleed me out?
While I'm falling apart
While I'm going

Will you end my pain?
Will you take my life?
Will you bleed me out?
While I'm falling apart
While I'm going
Insane

Don't you miss me when I'm gone
Cause you're the storming reason that I'm not around

Don't you miss me when I'm, miss me when I'm gone
Cause you're the storming reason that I'm not around
storming reason that I'm not around
slontze you're the storming reason that I'm not around

21 hours ago, Delightful said:

I was thinking if you get a name you can google him.....

*hugs*. It's gonna be ok.

So, I knocked. He was home. However, the package had never arrived.

Because local FedEx is made of butts and cannot read addresses or street signs.