Having a Bad Day?: Get 'yer Hugs here!!

4 hours ago, Silva said:

Definitely seems you've got friends, but I'm happy to as well.  

*waves enthusiastically*

Anyone seen RWBY? I'm feeling very Penny. 'Hello Friend!"

Ooh hey I can share this with you! I've been looking for someone to share it with!  https://www.hallmarkecards.com/ecards/festival-of-lights-npz6759. They're just cute little dancey flamey things. 

6 hours ago, Delightful said:

*waves enthusiastically*

Anyone seen RWBY? I'm feeling very Penny. 'Hello Friend!"

Ooh hey I can share this with you! I've been looking for someone to share it with!  https://www.hallmarkecards.com/ecards/festival-of-lights-npz6759. They're just cute little dancey flamey things. 

That they are. The cuteness level is up there.

Okay, so this may seem kind of petty, but it’s actually been affecting me, unfortunately, and I’ve gotta get some thicker skin and get over it. :P 

Basically, there was this girl. She was a friend of mine for a very long time, and we were inseparable. Now, come this year, something, for some reason, changed. When she’s around other people, she acts like she doesn’t know me. But, when it’s the two of us, she still acts different than what it was before, just... different. 

Sometime after she changed, she found out that I hadn’t told her this “very important” secret. It turned out to be the fact that a very close friend of mine wanted to ask her out. He asked me not to tell anyone, so I said I wouldn’t. Case closed. I don’t ever go back in someone’s trust like that. 

However, she came up with some rules of “being best friends” and said that we had to tell each other everything. Then, she proceeded to poke into my social life, and after literally thirty seconds, she proceeded to tell me, “This is all you ever talk about. Why can’t we talk about something else?” 

For the entire three months after that, she didn’t talk to me. At all. I felt like this was kind of melodramatic.

Now, throw an over enthusiastic friend into the equation. Like, look dude, I love you and all, and you’re like an annoying twin brother to me, but please please please stay out of this. 

He noticed that we were having problems in our friendship, and he is someone who I’ve always confided in. Unfortunately, he ended up telling her everything that I said about her. I didn’t say anything bad, but still, I wouldn’t want somebody to go around telling people what I say. It’s personal. 

His solution was to stage a conference call with the old friend and I, and have him acting as a mediator between us. I decided against it, because I didn’t want to get more people involved. I appreciate that decision more and more, now. I don’t want to blow this up. 

Now, add in the fact that she started insulting a close friend of mine. I don’t know if she’s jealous, but news flash to her: she’s the one who started acting different! Throughout this entire “distant” period, I’ve been trying to talk to her and just have a conversation, but she blows me off and essentially avoids me. 

Finally, the most recent part. I found myself thinking, “Nope. This is the end. Put on the Taylor Swift, because ‘the story of us looks a lot like a tragedy now,’ and ‘we are never ever ever getting back together.’” 

“Hey, [Ashspren]! Yesterday was, like, the first time in four years that you haven’t come over! It’s almost tradition!” 

She didn’t invite me over. 

“Haha, yeah, stuff just got really busy.” 

The next day, via social media, I found out that she invited a bunch of other people over. I don’t know why this bothered me so much, because I knew everything was pretty much done, but it did. I think it was maybe the fact that she had the nerve to say, one day after all of those other people went over, that I hadn’t been there. It really just rubbed me the wrong way. 

Anyway, I realize that she’s actually a very toxic person to have in my life, but I still look back and see all of the good times from earlier in our “friendship days,” y’know? It’s just difficult to see the new person that she’s become.

Again, this all seems really petty and not that serious compared to some other things on this thread (I’m sorry!), but I just needed to rant. :) 

1 hour ago, Ashspren said:

Okay, so this may seem kind of petty, but it’s actually been affecting me, unfortunately, and I’ve gotta get some thicker skin and get over it. :P 

Basically, there was this girl. She was a friend of mine for a very long time, and we were inseparable. Now, come this year, something, for some reason, changed. When she’s around other people, she acts like she doesn’t know me. But, when it’s the two of us, she still acts different than what it was before, just... different. 

Sometime after she changed, she found out that I hadn’t told her this “very important” secret. It turned out to be the fact that a very close friend of mine wanted to ask her out. He asked me not to tell anyone, so I said I wouldn’t. Case closed. I don’t ever go back in someone’s trust like that. 

However, she came up with some rules of “being best friends” and said that we had to tell each other everything. Then, she proceeded to poke into my social life, and after literally thirty seconds, she proceeded to tell me, “This is all you ever talk about. Why can’t we talk about something else?” 

For the entire three months after that, she didn’t talk to me. At all. I felt like this was kind of melodramatic.

Now, throw an over enthusiastic friend into the equation. Like, look dude, I love you and all, and you’re like an annoying twin brother to me, but please please please stay out of this. 

He noticed that we were having problems in our friendship, and he is someone who I’ve always confided in. Unfortunately, he ended up telling her everything that I said about her. I didn’t say anything bad, but still, I wouldn’t want somebody to go around telling people what I say. It’s personal. 

His solution was to stage a conference call with the old friend and I, and have him acting as a mediator between us. I decided against it, because I didn’t want to get more people involved. I appreciate that decision more and more, now. I don’t want to blow this up. 

Now, add in the fact that she started insulting a close friend of mine. I don’t know if she’s jealous, but news flash to her: she’s the one who started acting different! Throughout this entire “distant” period, I’ve been trying to talk to her and just have a conversation, but she blows me off and essentially avoids me. 

Finally, the most recent part. I found myself thinking, “Nope. This is the end. Put on the Taylor Swift, because ‘the story of us looks a lot like a tragedy now,’ and ‘we are never ever ever getting back together.’” 

“Hey, [Ashspren]! Yesterday was, like, the first time in four years that you haven’t come over! It’s almost tradition!” 

The next day, via social media, I found out that she invited a bunch of other people over. I don’t know why this bothered me so much, because I knew everything was pretty much done, but it did. I think it was maybe the fact that she had the nerve to say, one day after all of those other people went over, that I hadn’t been there. It really just rubbed me the wrong way. 

Anyway, I realize that she’s actually a very toxic person to have in my life, but I still look back and see all of the good times from earlier in our “friendship days,” y’know? It’s just difficult to see the new person that she’s become.

Again, this all seems really petty and not that serious compared to some other things on this thread (I’m sorry!), but I just needed to rant. :) 

Ash! That’s horrible! Losing friends is never fun. I had a friend with your same problem; the friend of a friend was being really toxic to him, and basically everything you did. It’s for the best that you arent friends, but that doesn’t lessen the pain of all the good times. Try to help her remember when things were better. Maybe it’s just a phase or something. Maybe you won’t ever be friends again. You’ve done most of what you can. If she thinks she has found better friends, she’s wrong. You’re a great friend and I don’t see why she can’t see that.

now my rant.

I very recently came out to my friends that I was a furry. Most had meh responses, but now I’ve noticed one of them completely avoiding and refusing to talk to me. I think he also spread rumors, as people seem to be avoiding me more than usual, and I’ve been getting hateful comments from people in class. I pretend it doesn’t hurt, and it’s mostly died down, but they keep making me doubt myself. There’s also been fake rumors spread that I like to... not listen to Pattern’s advice... with my cat. Which is completely untrue and I don’t think too many people belive it (i would never do that) but it still is out there.

edit: also, my mom accidentally took both my and her AirPods on a vacation, so I’m headphoneless for now... first world problems...

Edited by Inklingspren

*hugs @Ashspren and @Inklingspren*

People suck. That's just life, but it sure doesn't make it any easier.

Ashspren, talk to her. Not even necessariliy to her face-to-face, but find a way to tell her all of that. Honesty is a solution that almost always works. Tell her how you've been feeling and most likely you'll discover some miscommunication you've both been missing.

Ink, time does wonders to rumors. The moment something else comes out, you'll be considered old news. Probably. And hope your mom gets home soon-ish so you will cease to be headphoneless.

15 hours ago, Rebecca said:

Yeah! We actually have a RWBY discussion PM and RP if you’d like to join either. @AonEne got a whole bunch of people on the Shard to watch it.

Oooh yes please! I havent started season 6 yet though,  and I avoid spoilers.

14 hours ago, Inklingspren said:

Ya beat me to it. She converted me, though I’m still only on V4 E1

But.....but.....youre about to meet Salem who is terrifying and creepy and wonderful!

14 hours ago, Ashspren said:

Sounds hard and complicated. Will you accept a hug? *hug*.

13 hours ago, Inklingspren said:

Ash! That’s horrible! Losing friends is never fun. I had a friend with your same problem; the friend of a friend was being really toxic to him, and basically everything you did. It’s for the best that you arent friends, but that doesn’t lessen the pain of all the good times. Try to help her remember when things were better. Maybe it’s just a phase or something. Maybe you won’t ever be friends again. You’ve done most of what you can. If she thinks she has found better friends, she’s wrong. You’re a great friend and I don’t see why she can’t see that.

now my rant.

I very recently came out to my friends that I was a furry. Most had meh responses, but now I’ve noticed one of them completely avoiding and refusing to talk to me. I think he also spread rumors, as people seem to be avoiding me more than usual, and I’ve been getting hateful comments from people in class. I pretend it doesn’t hurt, and it’s mostly died down, but they keep making me doubt myself. There’s also been fake rumors spread that I like to... not listen to Pattern’s advice... with my cat. Which is completely untrue and I don’t think too many people belive it (i would never do that) but it still is out there.

edit: also, my mom accidentally took both my and her AirPods on a vacation, so I’m headphoneless for now... first world problems...

I.....what. Thats horrible! I will admit I dont understand furry-ness (?) but even I know its not bestiality! People can be awful. Hug? 

6 minutes ago, Delightful said:

Sounds hard and complicated. Will you accept a hug? *hug*.

I do indeed accept this hug. 

Also, the RWBY roleplay is awesome. I've only watched V6E1, and everything is spoilered, so nothing's ruined. Also, Ash is the best character. No bias. Hands down. 

6 minutes ago, Delightful said:

But.....but.....youre about to meet Salem who is terrifying and creepy and wonderful!

I’ve had it accidentally spoiled in the chat. :mellow:. I really need to binge it...

Just now, Ashspren said:

I do indeed accept this hug. 

Also, the RWBY roleplay is awesome. I've only watched V6E1, and everything is spoilered, so nothing's ruined. Also, Ash is the best character. No bias. Hands down. 

YES JOIN THE ROLEPLAY IT’S FUN.

also, Lucas is better.

Spoiler

Not actually. He’s more of a support character. Most people’s are better than mine...

7 minutes ago, Delightful said:

Oooh yes please! I havent started season 6 yet though,  and I avoid spoilers.

We spoiler everything beyond V3 for those of us who haven’t made it that far, so you’re good!

7 minutes ago, Delightful said:

I.....what. Thats horrible! I will admit I dont understand furry-ness (?) but even I know its not bestiality! People can be awful. Hug?

I don’t understand it either, trust me, it’s weird. You got the term right. 

Sure, I’ll take a hug.

9 minutes ago, Delightful said:

Um I assume the roleplay is in the roleplay boards? Ill go have a look.

Can I be added to the chat please? 

Edit: nope cant find it. Is it in PM?

It is in pm. I’ll let you in to both chat and rp

@Inklingspren

*hugs* It's sad to hear that... But as was said before, rumor tends to die as soon as something else happens. I don't want to throw some empty words over, it's hard if your friends can't accept you as you are, I know that from experience. But those friends that take you as you, those are more worth than the rest of them together.

@Ashspren

It's hard to loose friends, especially if it was a long and intense friendship. Try to talk to her, and tell her how you feel. *hugs* I really hope you can sort it out!

Last week, I talked about how my car broke down. Today the mechanic got back to me. It's not just one thing that's blown and needs replacing. The entire piece of crem is ruined. Now I'm going through the car buying process, and it's been a load on my plate. Add that to me being a full time student and working and it's just been a week.

30 minutes ago, Kidpen said:

*hugs @Ashspren and @Inklingspren*

I don't have much advice, but hugs can be good.

*hugs back* Thanks, Kid. 

26 minutes ago, Silverblade5 said:

Last week, I talked about how my car broke down. Today the mechanic got back to me. It's not just one thing that's blown and needs replacing. The entire piece of crem is ruined. Now I'm going through the car buying process, and it's been a load on my plate. Add that to me being a full time student and working and it's just been a week.

Ouch, I'm sorry Silverblade. Hopefully you'll be able to find something... car troubles are the worst. *gives hug*

29 minutes ago, Silverblade5 said:

Oh no! I really hope you find a suitable car soon!