The Great Sanderson Tournament

Patar

Unless he'd bonded her, Adolin wouldn't actually be able to hurt Syl, but then again, Syl isn't really capable of much on her own.

I'm not voting for this one. I'm calling a draw.

She can bind his shoelaces nonstop until he has a concussion from all the tripping :)

She can bind his shoelaces nonstop until he has a concussion from all the tripping :)

"Um, Adolin?" 

"Yes, Renarin, what is it?"

"You know all of those things you do before duels for good luck?" 

"I did them all. Don't worry." 

"I think you should add one today." 

"Renarin, the duel's about to start." 

"Just take out your shoelaces." 

"…what?"

"Your shoelaces. Don't wear them, okay?" 

"…." 

"Trust me on this."

I love Syl's chemistry with Kaladin, but Adolin has grown on me as a character.  I'm excited to see what happens to Adolin.  I think as could go either way.  Is he going to be a Releaser?  Is he going to be Odium's Champion?  Who can say?  

Also, I like the combat aspects to these discussions, and Syl can't really fight.  I'm fond of her, but I'm fond of many Sanderson characters and I don't think she's especially interesting in a tournament.  

Hm. Kaladin. She has almost no real combat skills.
Reckoners Spoiler

Megan is almost immortal, but this is not the point, because Kaladin could defeat her and go his way to the next duel, she can be reborn from light as often as she wants. Illusions are nice, but they can't harm him.
Oh, and Twi,

I thought Megans almost-omnipotence-powers are only a side effect of her rebirth

Edited by Alfa

Hm. Kaladin. She has almost no real combat skills.

Reckoners Spoiler

Megan is almost immortal, but this is not the point, because Kaladin could defeat her and go his way to the next duel, she can be reborn from light as often as she wants. Illusions are nice, but they can't harm him.

Oh, and Twi,

I thought Megans almost-omnipotence-powers are only a side effect of her rebirth

They are. I knew her nigh-OP-ness at the end wasn't permanent. I only asked because if this was corrupted!Firefight, said corruption would impact the duel as it went on. After Firefight, it wouldn't matter.

And Kaladin defeats Firefight easily!

Up next is Marsh vs. Joel. I really want to vote for Marsh, but as i have yet to read the Rithmatist (I think that is what he is from) I don't want to be biased. I will abstain again.