Random Stuff II

Is that an "a-delta-psi over time"? What in the world is 'psi' suppose to represent? I mean, I know what it meant in my studies, but you are not going to run into that. I guarantee it.

its.

Velocity over time. 

I never understood how people could draw such realistic looking eyes so quickly. :P My doodling is nowhere near as sophisticated.

it just happens man

So I've been browsing some internet, and found this wikipedia page about Pledge of Allegiance. From what I remember I saw some movies where US kids were pledging something to their flags etc. in schools, but I thought it was something that was going on long time ago. Do you still do it? You start your day with this? If yes, then to me, that is one of the weirdest thing about US, next to the amount of obese people on electric scooters (are these kind of people even present in any other country?)...

So I've been browsing some internet, and found this wikipedia page about Pledge of Allegiance. From what I remember I saw some movies where US kids were pledging something to their flags etc. in schools, but I thought it was something that was going on long time ago. Do you still do it? You start your day with this? If yes, then to me, that is one of the weirdest thing about US, next to the amount of obese people on electric scooters (are these kind of people even present in any other country?)...

yes.

Honestly it terrifies me

I don't do it.

I've gotten in trouble a few times for not saying it.

Eh, it kind of depends. A lot of elementary schools do it (Kindergarten through 5th/6th grade). I haven't had to say it since then. It's also been getting a lot of attention recently for the "Under God" phrase, which was added in the '50s to combat communism...somehow. I suppose the US thought all communists were atheist freaks. Anyways, as a result of this some schools have stopped saying it, others are allowing students the right to choose whether they say it, and others are forcing their students to say it under threat of disciplinary action. It would probably get talked about more if the whole legalization of gay marriage and racial equality issues weren't such firestorms here in the good ole' States.

Note to avoid hurt feelings: I am an atheist.

So I've been browsing some internet, and found this wikipedia page about Pledge of Allegiance. From what I remember I saw some movies where US kids were pledging something to their flags etc. in schools, but I thought it was something that was going on long time ago. Do you still do it? You start your day with this? If yes, then to me, that is one of the weirdest thing about US, next to the amount of obese people on electric scooters (are these kind of people even present in any other country?)...

I was homeschooled up until seventh grade, and so I didn't even have the Pledge memorized when I started public school. For sixth grade, I watched my various lessons on videotape (they were from the very early 90s at a private Christian school in Florida--yay 80s hair!) and the students said the Pledge every morning, but I'd just fast-forward. When I got into public school, I'd say it, but not all of my teachers made us. There was one guy my senior year who always sat for the Pledge because it had the words "under God" and he thought that was the school pushing religion on him. Our teacher never made a big deal out of him not saying it, though some teachers do.

I was homeschooled up until seventh grade, and so I didn't even have the Pledge memorized when I started public school. For sixth grade, I watched my various lessons on videotape (they were from the very early 90s at a private Christian school in Florida--yay 80s hair!) and the students said the Pledge every morning, but I'd just fast-forward. When I got into public school, I'd say it, but not all of my teachers made us. There was one guy my senior year who always sat for the Pledge because it had the words "under God" and he thought that was the school pushing religion on him. Our teacher never made a big deal out of him not saying it, though some teachers do.

You've been homeschooled too :o! This calls for a meme!

http://ak-hdl.buzzfed.com/static/enhanced/terminal05/2012/2/4/0/enhanced-buzz-8962-1328334401-146.jpg

Edited by The Honor Spren

Heh, homeschooling is pretty great (provided the parents do a good job of course). My twin and I were home schooled up till grade 2 (using a Montessori approach) and overall it was really good.

Perhaps the biggest potential issue with homeschooling is a lack of social experience. I remember that we were part of a community of home schooled kids for that reason. Having a twin helped too of course.

I won't say it because I find it bordering on nationalism. I pledge allegiance to no nation or entity, save God and my own conscience. I bear no loyalties towards my own nation over any other, and I refuse to support or endorse the government that presumes to rule over me.

I don't know how many people say it daily, but speaking as someone in the heart of conservative Texas, patriotism of all kinds is pretty strong down here.