Random Stuff II

Just finished cross country practice in the course at my neighbors'. It was 4 quarter mile loops with a really steep hill at a fast pace, and then six of those hills. Then watermelon was given at the end; if only I liked watermelon. I love running, but I sometimes question why. (The hill is known as Braize Hill. Well, not Braize precisely, but you get the point.)

Our meet has had steadily decreasing attendance since we started it.

I certainly didn't mean any offense. :) There's nothing wrong with patriotism per se, but in it's raw form, it is an animalistic instinct. There's nothing wrong with that. Humans are animals, and it's our instincts that make the world go round. But I think it's of the utmost importance that we always remember which tendencies of ours are the most important, and which are just the product of chemical hormones bouncing around in our brains. If we don't at least bear in mind the dangers in overemphasizing patriotism, a despot like Adolf Hitler could appeal to that patriotism and do terrible things before we even realize what's happening.

And I support what those Scouts did--in fact, were I there, I would have helped put the flags up. There's patriotism, which is doing things and thinking things solely for the abstract idea of a nation, and then there's kindness, which is doing something because it would mean a lot to the people you're helping. :)

Well, I don't really like saying "agree to disagree," but I will today. And I should've chosen a better example...  :unsure: It was late at night. I don't think very well then. But I love ya anyway. (In a purely platonic, friendship-based way, of course. :P)

Back to Random Stuff!

Band started out with five trumpets. Now there are three. To put that in perspective, there are at least fifteen saxophones. I fear for our section, especially in a week when I've moved it'll be down to two. Be strong, other trumpet players! Don't give up! :o

Well, I don't really like saying "agree to disagree," but I will today. And I should've chosen a better example...  :unsure: It was late at night. I don't think very well then. But I love ya anyway. (In a purely platonic, friendship-based way, of course. :P)

Back to Random Stuff!

Band started out with five trumpets. Now there are three. To put that in perspective, there are at least fifteen saxophones. I fear for our section, especially in a week when I've moved it'll be down to two. Be strong, other trumpet players! Don't give up! :o

Wait yOu plAY ThE TrumPET

Back to Random Stuff!

100+ trumpets

Save me

I wouldn't actually advise a move to Portland right now.  I have friends living there, and apparently the job market is so atrociously degree-inflated that even to get a position as a barista you have have a certification that costs $$$$ and so much experience (that you usually have to get as an unpaid intern). 

Unpaid barista interns.

Denver Co is in a pretty good state now, and has many subcultures.

Wait yOu plAY ThE TrumPET

Yepsidaisy. I couldn't play the piano- the concert band already has too many pianists, and they only play one hand! The horror. The horror!

EDIT: NEW HIGH-RESOLUTION IMAGES OF PLUTO FROM NASA I'M GEEKING OUT AAAAAAAAAAA

Edited by Mistrunner

I want to learn to play the harp. . . But who teaches that? :unsure:

Harps are cool. Go for it! Seize the day! Drive 50+ miles to find a harp teacher! :P

Seriously though has anyone else seen the new Pluto pictures? Because I'm holding myself back from doing all caps again. GEOLOGIC PROCESSES AND POSSIBLE ICE DUNES!!! AAAAAAAAAA

I should probably stop now.

I want to learn to play the harp. . . But who teaches that? :unsure:

The internet. I pretty much taught myself guitar from sorta playing the piano and youtube.

If we are to believe Lovecraft Pluto is thriving with terrible abominations.

I cant sleep, I work tomorrow, it is 3.34, so annoying...

Do you mean the ones that came out in July? :huh: Or did they publish new ones since then? :o

THERE ARE NEW ONES. AND THEY ARE BEAUTIFUL. Go to NASA's website. They're on there.

There's no one around and your phone is dead. Out of the corner of your eye, you spot him...

SHIA LABEOUF!