What Are You Reading, Part 2

Chaos

Argent did you feel that King was much much better than Prince was? I have yet to read Emperor, but I remember not being very impressed by Prince, and I'm easily entertained.

I felt like a progression to me. King was better than Prince, Emperor was better than King. My main issue with King of Thorns was the jagged narrative - I mentioned it somewhere (in my Goodreads review, maybe?), but it took some time getting used to the three - four, really - timelines. 

Finished Prince of Fools a couple of days ago. I definitely liked it better than Prince of Thorns, but it's still not quite a 5-star book for me. I also wish there was more Builders lore in it... after Jorg running into Builders' technology every few chapters, barely seeing any throughout the entire book left me wanting :(

Reading The Way of Kings 2002 from Altered Perceptions now.

I'm going to be odd here (no fantasy or even sci-fi) and say I'm reading an old school mystery by Rex Stout.  The specific novel in question is Too Many Cooks and is part of the Nero Wolfe (the detective) series.  I'm a lover of classic whodunits, and this definitely qualifies.  So entertaining!  (I default to whodunit mysteries when life is too busy and I need something that is easy yet entertaining reading.)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just finished the new Peculiar Crimes Unit mystery by Christopher Fowler - "Bryant & May and the Bleeding Heart." It's #10 in this series.

Arthur Bryant and John May are octogenarian detectives in London who solve crimes that hover on the brink of the paranormal. May is a polished gentlemen and very up-to-date; Bryant is a crusty old fellow whose (dis)ability with technology approaches the level of a Smedry Talent.

Finely drawn characters, plot twists, dialogue that's both realistic and often laugh-out-loud funny - - I highly recommend this series to anyone who enjoys a good mystery. :D

Finished Toll the Hounds the other day (finally). Not my favorite Malazan book, definitely different, but I still really enjoyed it, particularly the ending.

I am going to read Mitosis now to get myself into a Reckoners mood before Firefight. Certainly a different type of story and writing style after reading a Malazan book...

Finished Toll the Hounds the other day (finally). Not my favorite Malazan book, definitely different, but I still really enjoyed it, particularly the ending.

I am going to read Mitosis now to get myself into a Reckoners mood before Firefight. Certainly a different type of story and writing style after reading a Malazan book...

That was by far my least fav Malazan bk! I struggled to get through it which was just crazy compared to me devouring all the others.

I'm working my way through the Dangerous Women anthology.  I have already read the 2 stories that I wanted it for ("Shadows for Silence in the Forests of Hell" and "The Princess and the Queen") and am currently trying to finish up the rest so I can move onto the Warriors anthology.