What Are You Reading, Part 2

Chaos

I just finished book one of the Dresden Files. I like Dresden, but not all the adult stuff in the book, even if it was Kind of off screen. I'm not sure I want to continue the series, does it stay pretty much the same through out the series?

OMG please keep reading this is one of the best series out there. Bk2 is prob the worst of the current 15, and the don't really start soaring till bk 4 but when you get to that point this series becomes Crack and you have to get your fix. Keep reading.

Maybe later. My tolerance level for dark books/tv/movies is pretty low unless I'm in a certain mood, and right now I'm not. That and school starting back up has cut my reading time way back so I'm going to stick with stuff I know I'll enjoy and feel happy with.

Hmm... Reading through this and seeing how many people are waiting for The Broken Eye to come out makes me feel kind of terrible for doing this, but... I got lucky and managed to snag it a week early due to a shelving error at my local Chapters (the people there were nice enough to sell it to me even though it shouldn't have been out), and I'm reading it right now. :D

I'm about 80% of the way through, and it's very good so far, I must say.

Hmm... Reading through this and seeing how many people are waiting for The Broken Eye to come out makes me feel kind of terrible for doing this, but... I got lucky and managed to snag it a week early due to a shelving error at my local Chapters (the people there were nice enough to sell it to me even though it shouldn't have been out), and I'm reading it right now. :D

I'm about 80% of the way through, and it's very good so far, I must say.

I've seen a few people get their hands on a copy early. Considering I survived people reading Words of Radiance a week before me, it's a situation I am confident I will survive.

Well I am currently reading The Belgariad series by David Eddings. Amazing series, it is. The best thing in this series is Silk. Ah! He is such an awesome character. Does he appear in Malloreon???

Yes. And he gets a female 'colleague' who's fun, too. :)

BTW, you should try the Elenium, too. It has even cooler characters, imho.

Reading Otherland book 1, awesome series, even if it has its lengths. One of the most believable worlds with a virtual reality social network, and fantasy on top of that.

I've seen a few people get their hands on a copy early. Considering I survived people reading Words of Radiance a week before me, it's a situation I am confident I will survive.

I still have to wait months though, till the German audiobook is done (gotta be consistent through a series + the reader of the book does a really awesome job).

Actually there is always plenty to read, so waiting for books is not too horrible for me. Okay, except maybe waiting for future books of the Stormlight archive because that series is just the best for me.

Edited by ZoneZero

Finished The Blade Itself today. I'm actually kind of disappointed. No real climax, no payoff, just... an ending. 

I've heard enough good things about the series that I'll probably continue it, but it felt like a bit of a letdown.

This is very much how I felt too. The fact that I barely remember what the series is about (and can recall only maybe 2-3 events from the 2000 pages or so) is not a good sign. 

Finished Zoe's Tale and loved it. It's very unlike the previous books, but it's written just as well. I'll probably be moving on to The Human Division next, and go through as many of it's episodes as I can before The Broken Eye arrives in the mail. Maybe even read all of them, as I won't be picking TBE from the bookstore, but wait for my online preorder instead.

Is that a book? Do you know if they translated it in French? My daughter's birthday is coming soon... She loves books. I am hoping to turn her into a SA fan by the end of the series :ph34r: , but you know, in the mean time, you've got to start somewhere...

Oops, sorry for the late (and useless) reply. No, I do not believe it's translated into French. At the very least, I can't find any such thing on the Internet--it seems to be an English-specific book.

Good luck on her birthday gift, though. :)

I just finished The Great and Secret Show by Clive Barker, and so have moved onto the sequel, Everville.

I really enjoy the disturbing imagery and eroticism. Clive Barker isn't afraid to be vulgar, and his characters feel more real because of it. He takes the dark thoughts we like to pretend we don't have, and shoves them in our face.

Oops, sorry for the late (and useless) reply. No, I do not believe it's translated into French. At the very least, I can't find any such thing on the Internet--it seems to be an English-specific book.

Good luck on her birthday gift, though. :)

That's the thing, I can never find stuff in French :angry: I don't live in France, so we don't get as many of the translated thingies. I guess they assume we'll just buy the English version of everything or that most parents won't care if the birthday's invitations read "My Little Pony: You are invited" instead of "Mon Petit Poney: vous êtes invité".

*sigh*

Or maybe it is I live in town and the town houses most of the English population... Perhaps in the suburbs I'd be more lucky, but quite frankly crossing the traffic hazard that his our local highway and a bridge just to get to a party store located 30km away hoping to find MLP French stuff is not my cup of tea.

But I did find a ladder and slide game. I think it is in French :ph34r:

Thanks for looking though :)

I just started Brent Week's Black Prism (just in time too...) I should be finishing book two about when my library gets a copy of book three. It's pretty good so far, but the magic system is definitely weird, but the weirdest part by far is the fact that without knowing anything about it, I was making something fairly similar for my book. Hmm... I'll have to fix that now...

I finally finished The Blade Itself. It took me a long time to get through this one, but I felt the book ended just as it started getting interesting. Now I am toyed between reading Before they are Hanged or Steelheart/Alloy of Law/Elantris. I guess I'll go with whatever is available at the local library.

Alright. I reserved: Before they are hanged, Alloy of Law and Steelheart. They all were available so its a run to see which one will get here first  :ph34r:  My guess is Alloy of Law as it currently is in a very close-by library. I'm pretty sure I'll get a call within Wednesday :D

I'm actually really mad with my library, they consistently have the second books in series, and usually don't have the first.

Therefore, my kindle is my new best friend when it comes to reading, especially since there is an Iphone app for it.

Right now, I'm reading Silverthorn and The Blinding Knife. They are both shaping up to be interesting.