You Know You're a Sanderfan When...

Shardbearer

4 minutes ago, Ghanderflaffle said:

YKYASW you celebrate because you convinced your brother to read Mistborn.

Mistborn Spoiler

Reveal hidden contents

He likes Kelsier and I really want to tell him that Kel dies...

When you make yourself a women's script alphabet and are trying to learn it.

The hardest/most frustrating part of getting my own brother to read Mistborn was the fact that he'd already read and loved S.A. I was all like "If you enjoyed Stormlight, you're gonna love Mistborn too!" 

But he still refused to read it until September of 2018. now he loves it, just like I said he would.

24 minutes ago, Wyndlerunner said:

The hardest/most frustrating part of getting my own brother to read Mistborn was the fact that he'd already read and loved S.A. I was all like "If you enjoyed Stormlight, you're gonna love Mistborn too!" 

But he still refused to read it until September of 2018. now he loves it, just like I said he would.

Mine just doesn't read as much as he used to. He loved Alcatraz and Reckoners but would not read cosmere.

6 hours ago, Ghanderflaffle said:

When you make yourself a women's script alphabet and are trying to learn it.

the best way to do this is to translate a paragraph+

I learned steel alphabet by translating the passage in MAG

wanna team up by translating passages from SA and sharing them with each other?

On 4/8/2019 at 10:13 PM, Lunamor said:

Ap is a now inactive sharder account.

It's genuinely painful to read that. "Inactive Sharder account."

13 hours ago, Shallan&Pattern said:

I convinced my Best Friend to read Stormlight but she claimed it was boring. She won't talk to me right now for some reason so she probably won't read it just because it associates with me. I don't know why she does this.

Friends are weird. If you ever want to rant, there's a "bad stuff, need hugs" thread floating around somewhere.

3 hours ago, ShardShaper said:

When you start swallowing large chunks of metal, running into storms holding gems...

The first sounds dangerous - large? How so? And the second sounds surprising. Where are you getting these gems? :ph34r:

You know you're a Sanderfan when it's raining really hard in the morning when you have to walk to show choir and you decide that it's a highstorm and that someone must have made the Stormfather angry. You also know you're a Sanderfan when, on that same morning, you start yelling at the sky things that you think one of your favorite RP characters from the Shard would yell and then realize that yelling a the sky is something that you can see Kaladin doing. Yeah, today has been interesting. 

On 4/10/2019 at 9:28 AM, Taradiddle said:

I literally need to see this...or uh...figuratively. Wouldn't want to get a visit from Captain Literally...

Haha, I will try to post a picture when it's done! It's not nearly done yet. Just got the first things in. Which unfortunately have nothing to do with stromlight yet. Just a blue bedspread, pillows, an awesome hourglass... and a goblet thingy for spheres. Don't have the spheres yet. (Those will be a bunch of marbles with an LED light at the bottom.

28 minutes ago, Shallan&Pattern said:

Haha, I will try to post a picture when it's done! It's not nearly done yet. Just got the first things in. Which unfortunately have nothing to do with stromlight yet. Just a blue bedspread, pillows, an awesome hourglass... and a goblet thingy for spheres. Don't have the spheres yet. (Those will be a bunch of marbles with an LED light at the bottom.

Oooh, is your bedspread Kholin Blue?

I don't watch Game of Thrones. But apparently it's a 'pop culture phenomenon' so people keep inundating me with information about it. Anyway, I'm told that's there's a quasi-Mistborn setup, with houses and fancy families. I recently, against my will, I might add, learned that one of them, a certain 'House Arryn', has the motto 'As High As Honor'

YKYASW when your first thought upon hearing that is 'Soooo... six feet under?'

18 hours ago, Ethan_Sedai said:

I’m not interested in Game of Thrones, it can’t be as good as Sanderson, otherwise I would have heard more about it.

It's not. I tried it not long ago. It's disgusting, and even ignoring that it's just not that good. I couldn't finish. I normally try to see the good side of books, so trust me when I say this one has very few redeeming qualities - none of which I can pull to mind now.