You Know You're a Sanderfan When...

Shardbearer

When you get some new pins and think they are the most beautiful pins you own. (I have quite the collection (including a suit of armor pin), so this is worth noting. The Sanderson pins beat the suit of armor.)

Spoiler

IMG_20201211_143924964.thumb.jpg.030b4f825f6fe27631a9cee59fd3a768.jpg

Note- I have somewhat small hands. I'm about as tall as Shallan, so...

I was really impressed by how awesome they looked. A little pricey, but completely worth it. They are super nice for being so small (which I also really like).

Did I mention how awesome they look?

(I am afraid to lose them, though...)

When you compare your height to that of Shallan.

3 minutes ago, Ookla the Rōnin said:

When you get some new pins and think they are the most beautiful pins you own. (I have quite the collection (including a suit of armor pin), so this is worth noting. The Sanderson pins beat the suit of armor.)

Hide contents

I was really impressed by how awesome they looked. A little pricey, but completely worth it. They are super nice for being so small (which I also really like).

Those are nice!

And Shallan is of average cosmere height. It's just those Alethi that are freakishly tall...

When you give your teacher a copy of The Way of Kings!

Spoiler

The encounter was a little weird, but, I mean, it was me, so of course it was awkward because people.

But hopefully, by the time winter break is over, he'll have finished either Mistborn or The Way of Kings. (He said he was going to read Mistborn first, but I had the copy of The Way of Kings, and I didn't want to keep it, so we'll see what happens.)

4 hours ago, Ookla the Rōnin said:

When you give your teacher a copy of The Way of Kings!

Hide contents

The encounter was a little weird, but, I mean, it was me, so of course it was awkward because people.

But hopefully, by the time winter break is over, he'll have finished either Mistborn or The Way of Kings. (He said he was going to read Mistborn first, but I had the copy of The Way of Kings, and I didn't want to keep it, so we'll see what happens.)

Oh good. I heard you were debating this, and I’m glad you went through with it. 
YKYASFW you check your Gmail ten times a day to see if there is an update from the Kickstarter. 

YKYASFW you have the acronym memorized

YKYASFW when your brother, who recently read Elantris and is starting Mistborn comes up to you with a question. He says the Coppermind didn’t answer his question, but my feverish obsession with all things Sanderson probably led me to the answer a long time ago.

5 hours ago, Ookla the Tortured said:

YKYASFW you check your Gmail ten times a day to see if there is an update from the Kickstarter. 

When, after seeing the update with the pictures of the coins, and then getting your pins, you decide you are a raccoon, as you like shiny things with Cosmere symbols on them.

21 hours ago, Ookla the Rōnin said:

Hide contents

SCANDALOUS

When you have a dream about someone clearly from the future leaving Stormlight Book 5 behind,* you only getting to the artwork and then deciding to give it to Brandon so that he can release it Winter 2021 and spend his time writing other books...and then you wake up and wonder about what Sanderson would actually do in this scenario.

(I think Sanderson would probably give the book to Peter or someone to see if it matches up with his outline, write out the first draft, and only then look and see if it's the same. If it is, then he'd probably use the future version to fast-track revisions and speed up the release time. All of that said, I'd LOVE it if he believed it was from the future, released the book early, and used the year and a half Stormlight requires moving ahead on Mistborn Era 3.**)

*It was only clear in retrospect. At the time, it was just a beta or gamma copy that a beta/gamma reader had left behind (that had the artwork and everything weirdly enough). Brandon clearly knew whose it was, and even signed it, but obviously hadn't written the book yet. 

**Although if I was Brandon, I'd probably use that time to write out [EDIT] Rithmatist 2, polish The Apocalypse Guard, and write out that YA Cosmere Kite-based magic system. I DO believe he'll do those first two in the back-half of 2023 while revising his Era 3 outline, but having a year to do that earlier...yes please! 

Edited by Use the Falchion

33 minutes ago, Use the Falchion said:

**Although if I was Brandon, I'd probably use that time to write out Alcatraz 2, polish The Apocalypse Guard, and write out that YA Cosmere Kite-based magic system. I DO believe he'll do those first two in the back-half of 2023 while revising his Era 3 outline, but having a year to do that earlier...yes please! 

do you mean Rithmatist 2?

On 11/9/2020 at 0:07 PM, Chasmgoat said:

I have a huge plot going on right now that should result in at least 10 people in my grade reading cosmere

hehe. I got my friend to start reading it and since he is pretty popular it might spread a bit and this should work out. I already have 1 other person thinking about reading it.