Sanderson Memes

Guest Cognizantastic

14 minutes ago, Lord Spirit said:

I just thought it was interesting that they were right, but I can remove it if you want.

That kind of comment can be done without reposting the meme - linking to it or talking about it. We discourage reposting memes that aren't yours. It is funny that Ash accidentally called it, though! 

On 2/1/2024 at 8:45 PM, AonEne said:

That kind of comment can be done without reposting the meme - linking to it or talking about it. We discourage reposting memes that aren't yours. It is funny that Ash accidentally called it, though! 

Just popped back in for the first time in a while and completely forgot about this meme lol, crying over the inevitable death of my husband honored to have the gift of prophecy. 😎

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

SA (no spoilers really):

Hide contents

8fuv7t.jpg

What's even crazier is they'd probably eat all those "chickens" without hesitation, even though we (at least, in my area) would generally think of that as being a bit weird. :)

6 minutes ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

Probably not a Frugal Wizard spoiler, but putting it in a spoiler just in case. 

Hide contents

8gilry.jpg

I call this meme Why Earth-Lite Dimensions Do Not Have the Internet. 

Whoa. I've seen some of your stuff from ages ago on the shard, back before I was around, but I never expected to interact with you.

Also, I am very happy to see love for Frugal Wizard. Everyone hates on it when it was my favorite of the SPs

6 minutes ago, Lego Mistborn said:

Whoa. I've seen some of your stuff from ages ago on the shard, back before I was around, but I never expected to interact with you.

Also, I am very happy to see love for Frugal Wizard. Everyone hates on it when it was my favorite of the SPs

Ha. I feel like a celebrity. :P 

And seriously? I'm really enjoying it. I think I'm approaching the Sanderson Avalanche, and I have no complaints thus far. It's different from what Brandon usually does, but it's funny, quirky, and has a fair bit of depth to it. 'Tis a good yarn, in my humble opinion. 

10 hours ago, Lego Mistborn said:

Hey, you never said anything in SPORG about that!

Not that it's likely you'd have convinced me (or possibly anyone else, I don't know) but you could've presented a counter opinion. 

I'm considering trying to reread it at some point. I think it may just have been a miss for me - it has interesting concepts, it just didn't click with me.

1 hour ago, Trutharchivist said:

I'm considering trying to reread it at some point. I think it may just have been a miss for me - it has interesting concepts, it just didn't click with me.

I'm making an edited version of the ebook for myself, with all of the "asides" removed (just Johnny's story, no guide excerpts) to see if I like it better in a reread that way. Otherwise, as I said in the reaction thread, I think it was just a humour mismatch for me (much like Alcatraz). 

Well, something happened last night, and my enjoyment of Frugal Wizard took a dive. Maybe a temporary one, but a dive. 

Big spoilers ahead. 

Spoiler

8gkolc.jpg.85d638399e4e711716806e5957ca85fb.jpg

Yep. Ryan was introduced. And let me tell you, he didn't make the best impression on me. I know I'm probably reading against the grain here, but the level of this guy's resentment toward John makes it hard for me to see his motives as pure. 

8gkpsi.jpg.c7d8969e2468f58c2ad8eef7bc04ebbf.jpg

No textual evidence for this so far, but it seems plausible. 

8gklws.jpg.682287bcbc12fb5f0687fd7fa7b2ff46.jpg

Like dude, did Ryan even offer to help when his supposed "best friend since childhood" was sleeping in a literal gutter? In Seattle? The rainiest city in the United States? 

But it's okay, because we already know what really encourages people like John to turn their lives around. 

8gkseh.jpg.f958839bbf68f7f1d681824533d60db6.jpg

Huh. Know what, maybe they should just get Yazad to talk to Ulric. I give the cartel leader twenty minutes before he starts sobbing over all the good he could've been doing. 🥷 

1 minute ago, The Bald Brandon said:

Keep going. You might just be one of the people that like this book.

Sorry if that seemed like a random upvote, but your name is just so amusing I had to do something to show my appreciation. 

And I mean, I'm already the weirdo who got into Brandon's writing because I liked Reckoners so much, so maybe. But right now the only thing that can save this book for me is 

Spoiler

someone inventing TV and making Yazad the Mister Rogers of Medieval Europe. 

Seriously, that guy is awesome. 

5 minutes ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

Well, something happened last night, and my enjoyment of Frugal Wizard took a dive. Maybe a temporary one, but a dive. 

Big spoilers ahead. 

Hide contents

8gkolc.jpg.85d638399e4e711716806e5957ca85fb.jpg

Yep. Ryan was introduced. And let me tell you, he didn't make the best impression on me. I know I'm probably reading against the grain here, but the level of this guy's resentment toward John makes it hard for me to see his motives as pure. 

8gkpsi.jpg.c7d8969e2468f58c2ad8eef7bc04ebbf.jpg

No textual evidence for this so far, but it seems plausible. 

8gklws.jpg.682287bcbc12fb5f0687fd7fa7b2ff46.jpg

Like dude, did Ryan even offer to help when his supposed "best friend since childhood" was sleeping in a literal gutter? In Seattle? The rainiest city in the United States? 

But it's okay, because we already know what really encourages people like John to turn their lives around. 

8gkseh.jpg.f958839bbf68f7f1d681824533d60db6.jpg

Huh. Know what, maybe they should just get Yazad to talk to Ulric. I give the cartel leader twenty minutes before he starts sobbing over all the good he could've been doing. 🥷 

Spoiler

You're on the right track.

3 hours ago, Trutharchivist said:

Hey, you never said anything in SPORG about that!

Not that it's likely you'd have convinced me (or possibly anyone else, I don't know) but you could've presented a counter opinion. 

So ummm. I didn't expect to enjoy it as much as I did, so it wasn't until we were already into Yumi that I read it.

2 hours ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

Hide contents

someone inventing TV and making Yazad the Mister Rogers of Medieval Europe. 

Seriously, that guy is awesome. 

Today is my first day back on the 17th shard since...2017. And what do I see? TwiLyght still active AND referencing Mister Rogers...after I called my colleague "Mister Rogers" today because of the random cardigan sweater he's wearing. Love it. 

2 hours ago, Lego Mistborn said:

So ummm. I didn't expect to enjoy it as much as I did, so it wasn't until we were already into Yumi that I read it.

Well, I've had to read back on the PM to find out you wrote mostly nothing, and from what I've seen - that tracks. It's the only book you said you weren't going to foreread.

Hmm. Maybe I could meme you out of this... Is there a meme for making a choice then regretting it? 

3 hours ago, Titan Arum said:

Today is my first day back on the 17th shard since...2017. And what do I see? TwiLyght still active AND referencing Mister Rogers...after I called my colleague "Mister Rogers" today because of the random cardigan sweater he's wearing. Love it. 

Actually, it seems TwiLyght just started to be active again. There were a few posts from them, but most SU's from what I could see when I looked at their profile.