Long Game 99: Scourges of the Saturated Seas

Sart

28 minutes ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

I meant midnight, you crazy person. seems a little strange you would immediately go after me though, soooooo Aeoryi

My opinion on this post:

Screenshot_20240306-225344_YouTube.jpg?e

24 minutes ago, Amanuensis said:

OMGUS, A.K.A. Oh My God You Sus

OMGUS is sometimes used as a shorthand to indicate that you are voting for someone primarily because they voted for you.  It can be used as an "excuse" for a Random Vote near the beginning of the game, or as a retaliation when someone is close to being eliminated, as a vent against the frustration (even if the player being voted for has no reasonable chance of being eliminated). Occasionally a Elim player will use it to cover a strategic vote, feigning outrage to get someone else closer to an elimination.

Woah. Don’t know where that came from. Don’t even understand what half those words mean lol. And yea I said lol out loud instead of actually laughing out loud or explaining the acronym (at least until this sentence). Why are you looking at me like that?

For now that is all o7

(It's MU terminology)

20 minutes ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

that wasnt the intention, but alright? I mean, thanks for the information. Still, though, seemed a little out of the blue on aeo's part. also, not sure where she got the idea that i have zephyr.

it was implied that controlling the night meant controlling night actions.

2 hours ago, DrakeMarshall said:

The Crimson Spore is MINE.

If any of you try and take it, you will die. I will drag you down to the deeps with me.

That is all ☠️

Death pact? 

40 minutes ago, Amanuensis said:

If I was Aman, which I’m not, just a character being roleplayed by him, I would probably say that it’s a fairly common reflex in mafia across all communities, especially for newer players who’ve yet to establish their signature lines of attack / solving procedures. Was meant to be more informative for anyone that’s not familiar with mafia, such as myself, as I don’t know what that even is, and our new friend Hairy, who for some reason I believe is even less knowledgeable on this subject than me, and that’s saying a lot. Either way, I, or Aman rather, since he’s talking through me, has not yet landed on if he leans V or E for your quick, maybe unhindered, retaliation. As I say that, he does think V is more reasonable, but he doesn’t seem to know what e!You is like, so it technically might be within your range. Whatever that is.

For now that is all o7

((OOC ED1T: So far the now in my post signatures has been autocorrected to Note and Noon. I wonder what the next one will be))

I will note that Hairy has a decent amount of IRL mafia experience, and has read at least one SE game, but has no forum mafia experience. 

26 minutes ago, Aeternum said:

WHAT'S WITH THE MURDER DRONES STUFF?? Are you planning a murder?!

2836083-Rick-Riordan-Quote-Lots-of-death

6 minutes ago, The Bald Brandon said:

Death pact? 

I will note that Hairy has a decent amount of IRL mafia experience, and has read at least one SE game, but has no forum mafia experience. 

Okay cool

Anyways, game related discussion is relatively important.

Anyways which spores do you cede?

36 minutes ago, Aeoryi said:

2836083-Rick-Riordan-Quote-Lots-of-death

Okay cool

Anyways, game related discussion is relatively important.

Anyways which spores do you cede?

Well, me and Drake are obviously doing a murderpuppy/killerkitten death pact on the Crimson. 

Edit: @Hairybarron you talk here.

Edited by The Bald Brandon

That's the spirit!

52 minutes ago, Aeoryi said:

Anyways, game related discussion is relatively important

Eh. I suppose. 

I hadn't noticed, but this does seem to be vaguely a reskinning of Sart's Rythmatist games (I think someone mentioned it above), of which I have played one of them. I do really enjoy this mechanic conceptually. 

Don't really remember how it played put last time, but I suspect we won't be able to solve off of store raiding for at least a few turns. We definitely need to be coordinating our raiding in thread, these explosive reactions can really mess the world up if we're not careful.

As to which I'll be grabbing, I'll get back to you. I need to glance over my options and their consequences again.

Tfw you angst about whether you should drop out and then pass out, effectively making the decision from paralysis >>

Initial thoughts:

-On the one hand, like speed of Aeo's reaction wrt Drake, on the other hand Aeo should know better by now. Minimally NAI for Drake. Probably V lean a tad wrt Aeo.

-My heart wants to V read Drake for boldness despite also believing it's NAI for him. It's possible I just never want my bro to be Evil 😔

-Mild positive feeling off Aman and TKN starting off running. Probably better valence on Aman than TKN. Tbqh not sure why—might just be reflective of my greater uncertainty wrt TKN.

-TKN wouldn't remember because he died early in LG83 and was Evil in LG73. The mechs are similar here but key differences are scarcity and tragedy of the commons.

God I really thought I couldn't play this game and I don’t know how to feel about discovering that no matter how much you don't want to and are forcing yourself, the basic reflexes are still there 😂

8 minutes ago, RoyalBeeMage said:

is there any negatives from picking up a sunlight spore too much? like if everyone goes for a sunlight spore?

Yes. Every spore has an associated negative for oversubscription. For sunlight, it's that our votes become random — @Sart is the following day D1 or D2 supposing it happens today? Also all PMs are closed.

Considering if there's value in everyone consenting to a Verdant oversubscription tbh. Knowledge that everyone is RBed for the next cycle means we can force the Elims to lose a tempo or at least exclude most players from having made the kill.

Edited to add: Probably not worth it at 4 Verdant but something to KIV for future cycles IMO.

Edited by Kasimir

Just now, Kasimir said:

Yes. Every spore has an associated negative for oversubscription. For sunlight, it's that our votes become random — @Sart is the following day D1 or D2 supposing it happens today? Also all PMs are closed.

Considering if there's value in everyone consenting to a Verdant oversubscription tbh. Knowledge that everyone is RBed for the next cycle means we can force the Elims to lose a tempo or at least exclude most players from having made the kill.

that is a good point about the verdant oversubscription. not sure if i would want it right at the start. i think we should let the elims get a tempo first. @Sart how many spores can one take per day?

1 hour ago, RoyalBeeMage said:

i think we should let the elims get a tempo first.

Why?

1 hour ago, RoyalBeeMage said:

how many spores can one take per day?

It's in the rules, c'mon :P One per Turn.

• The spore supply is the main mechanic of this game. There is a publicly available list of spore charges for the taking. During the day or night, you may take one spore charge from the supply.

1 minute ago, RoyalBeeMage said:

it was the day or night part that had me a bit confused. expesialy with the announcements part

Fair. I think if you can only choose to take during the Day XOR Night, then everyone should pick Day (but this isn't a strong feeling, as there's a Village case for being screwy; nonetheless I think the capacity for mech-solving helps Village just a tad more.) However, Sart also says:

• During the day, you may submit a request in your GM PM to take one charge from the supply. At the end of the day, it will be announced who took what charges.

• During the night, you may also submit a request in your GM PM to take one charge from the supply. It will not be announced who took what.

So he probably meant inclusive-or here.

In other thoughts:

I'm considering a Verdant or Roseite grab here but the heart wants what it wants and right now my heart wants to burn the sick and twisted in Heaven's purifying fire rickroll Drakebro in PMs 😔 Or Aman. Or TJ. I'm not picky.

10 hours ago, Aeoryi said:

Performative. TheRavenHasLanded.

What exactly is performative about "oh fun"?

10 hours ago, Aeoryi said:

Wolfy behavior (imo)

Drake-y behavior, more like.

4 hours ago, Kasimir said:

I'm considering a Verdant or Roseite grab here but the heart wants what it wants and right now my heart wants to burn the sick and twisted in Heaven's purifying fire rickroll Drakebro in PMs 😔 Or Aman. Or TJ. I'm not picky.

Dw about me bro, I started with a Sunlight spore, so you'll be having one with me anyway. 

4 hours ago, |TJ| said:

Dw about me bro, I started with a Sunlight spore, so you'll be having one with me anyway. 

Okay guys wolf team is Aeternum + TJ + Raven

Most confident about Raven being wolf.

Kas/Bee interaction is off for me and I don't want to sweep it away yet.

Spec chat, 20 dollars if I'm rightt

4 hours ago, |TJ| said:

Because I have enough compassion to interact with wolves, I will set my stones.

First off, primal elim behavior is in microaggressions. Raven's entrance STINKS.

Also it is drakey but as you all know I'm not draoe

33 minutes ago, Aeoryi said:

Okay guys wolf team is Aeternum + TJ + Raven

While I do like wolves, the animal, I'm not interested in those kinds of wolves :P 

So who's taking/taken what so far?