QF70: Observation Report 1 - Murmuration

|TJ|

28 minutes ago, Amanuensis said:

For further clarity, chain of events was:

Teammate #1 snap voted me as soon as they entered the doc, not realizing the vote couldn't be changed. That led to me trying to convince Teammate #2 to shoot out of the doc to save me, but they ultimately took Teammate #1's side. Big sadge

Do you know who the teammates are?

well then

16 minutes ago, Amanuensis said:

Teammate #1 snap voted me as soon as they entered the doc, not realizing the vote couldn't be changed.

this is me

i am teammate #1 😇

14 minutes ago, Amanuensis said:

That led to me trying to convince Teammate #2 to shoot out of the doc to save me, but they ultimately took Teammate #1's side. Big sadge

yea so this part didn't happen this way

im not sure if it really matters at this point but

im the real Informant

and in fact, teammate #2 did not decide "hey yea snap voting seemed like a cool idea, I'm gonna lock my vote in early too"

also, if you were the real informant, you'd have outed both of your docmates, which well you didn't do

so let's just be on the complete and total level

the Octet doc is Drake, Aman, Stick

Both Aman and Stick decided I was the rat after I voted Aman early and voted Stick in the thread

I could say something or other about wrong for the right reasons but

It doesn't really matter does it

I beefed it

Anyways, neither of the other 2's NK votes are locked in yet, but regardless, whether it's by the exe or by the NK, I cannot imagine a world where I don't die today

Both of them are quite clearly committed to this course

So yeah

I'm crashing this van with no survivors

it's the best I can do in the situation, even if it isn't very much

if we lose I will accept responsibility pretty much

but I will also be watching with popcorn from the dead doc sorrynotsorry

this is fine 🔥😇🔥

I certainly hope it wasn't

edit: I mean that's sort of a meta discussion thing but

I'd file the way things are going down as "potentially an acceptable way for things to play out in a setup of this type, but one that should probably just be an unlikely edge case"

that said, pathological edge cases are a lot less unlikely when your doc roster is these 3 players in particular

Oh boy. I get here, and there's already three elim claims. Joy.

Barring any gambits, the village is in a hellish situation. Let's assume for sake of argument, that Drake and Aman are actually evil. Let's say we vote out Drake, and Aman dies in the night. Then we vote out Stick as the last claimed member. They kill a Villager, or hit the Insider, not killing them. Either way, Cycle 3, the Insider has access to the kill, and wins the game, unless we somehow manage to vote them out on Cycle 3.

That being said, this reeks of a gambit. Aman and Drake claiming something suspicious? What are the chances?

27 minutes ago, DrakeMarshall said:

well then

this is me

i am teammate #1 😇

yea so this part didn't happen this way

im not sure if it really matters at this point but

im the real Informant

and in fact, teammate #2 did not decide "hey yea snap voting seemed like a cool idea, I'm gonna lock my vote in early too"

also, if you were the real informant, you'd have outed both of your docmates, which well you didn't do

so let's just be on the complete and total level

the Octet doc is Drake, Aman, Stick

Both Aman and Stick decided I was the rat after I voted Aman early and voted Stick in the thread

I could say something or other about wrong for the right reasons but

It doesn't really matter does it

I beefed it

Anyways, neither of the other 2's NK votes are locked in yet, but regardless, whether it's by the exe or by the NK, I cannot imagine a world where I don't die today

Both of them are quite clearly committed to this course

So yeah

I'm crashing this van with no survivors

it's the best I can do in the situation, even if it isn't very much

if we lose I will accept responsibility pretty much

but I will also be watching with popcorn from the dead doc sorrynotsorry

this is fine 🔥😇🔥

Oh no the dreaded counterclaim. I got first dibs, thank you 😠 also the only vote not locked is mine, but yeah Stick is the other evil lol

4 minutes ago, Amanuensis said:

Oh no the dreaded counterclaim. I got first dibs, thank you 😠 also the only vote not locked is mine, but yeah Stick is the other evil lol

Sure honey. For the record, where do the votes stand in your doc?

4 minutes ago, Amanuensis said:

Stick is basically allergic to locking her vote smhhhhh

what was it she said

my vote is on Drake in spirit

well that's a paraphrase but it's pretty close

1 minute ago, Sart said:

Aman (1): Drake

No Vote (2): Aman, Stick

6 minutes ago, Sart said:

(2) Aman: Drake, Stick

(1) No Vote: Aman

Part of the reason Stick caught me and voted me was my refusal to go for the self-destruct C2 win 😠 all I wanted was to give the village a gud game and rope my Contact into the fun, but nooo. Though if I was elim I would have found the three of us suddenly dying C1 with no indication of it happening in thread very very funny. I wanted to see the reactions, but it would have doomed the village, as Sart brought up

Edited by Amanuensis

6 minutes ago, DrakeMarshall said:

Stick is basically allergic to locking her vote smhhhhh

what was it she said

my vote is on Drake in spirit

well that's a paraphrase but it's pretty close

Aman (1): Drake

No Vote (2): Aman, Stick

2 minutes ago, Amanuensis said:

Part of the reason Stick caught me and voted me was my refusal to go for the self-destruct C2 win 😠 all I wanted was to give the village a gud game and rope my Contact into the fun, but nooo. Though if I was elim I would have found the three of us suddenly dying C1 with no indication of it happening in thread very very funny. I wanted to see the reactions, but it would have doomed the village, as Sart brought up

Would you two mind sticking to a consistent story please?

2 minutes ago, Amanuensis said:

smh you r such a liar smh

you literally suggested the self-destruct it was your idea it has you written all over it

2 minutes ago, Sart said:

Would you two mind sticking to a consistent story please?

We literally can't 😛 one of us (me) is being honest about the situation (hence my rolling over), and Drake is trying to cause maximum village confusion / hope to get y'all to spare him as long as possible and kill me ASAP so they only need to kill my contact friend :( I am dying today no matter what because of the kill, so I would rather us vote Drake or Stick now that he outed her without considering village fun smh

5 minutes ago, Amanuensis said:

We literally can't 😛 one of us (me) is being honest about the situation (hence my rolling over), and Drake is trying to cause maximum village confusion / hope to get y'all to spare him as long as possible and kill me ASAP so they only need to kill my contact friend :( I am dying today no matter what because of the kill, so I would rather us vote Drake or Stick now that he outed her without considering village fun smh

Let's assume, for a second, that you are telling the utter truth. You are in fact the Informant, and are going to die today. How does the Village win in this situation?

4 minutes ago, Sart said:

Let's assume, for a second, that you are telling the utter truth. You are in fact the Informant, and are going to die today. How does the Village win in this situation?

One of the known elims needs to be kept alive until later in the game while you guys search for the Insider among the rest. I believe they flip village so it's going to require some luck and prayers when y'all finally kill the last known killer

guys sometimes underreacting or not treating a claim seriously isn't being too smart to fall for a reaction test it's not keeping your options open it's not being cautious and deliberate it's just the village having a BSOD moment 😔

if you really want to keep your options open, start by making some effort to enumerate what those options are and compare them

hesitating to have an opinion and being cautious aren't the same thing

3 minutes ago, Stick. said:

HELP im the informant aman is just lying 

it's drake and aman lol

make it easier for everyone and vote the open wolfing guy Drake

there's no time to solve me/aman today but drake should be a confirmed elim

No no no. You're supposed to claim normal villager in this situation. Smh.

Well, since you've decided not to do that. What's the vote count in the doc?

I return after an hour away, and immediately get hit by a massive wall of FUD. For now, I plan on not trying to sift through these mind-games until one of these three is flipped. Mis-exeing the the Informant is an unfortunate possibility, but this situation will become a lot easier to process with more information. 

aman has two votes (drake and myself) and aman hasnt voted 

drake voted aman almost immediately once c1 started without realising votes were locked and i instantly hammered it

so now if we exe drake that should be 2 elims down, which is why i said we dont need to resolve in me/aman