1 minute ago, Szeth_Pancakes said:

hello fellow villagers >:)

I have my awoken

Honestly, I haven’t really done the math but I don’t think Shards being released is as good for the 17th Shard as this seems to imply. Intent conversion is very and should be avoided at all costs. That being said, I do think some of the more elim-leaning (or smaller-faction-leaning, I guess) Shards, like Mercy and Endowment, should be priorities, since as we get further into the game, the elims essentially get free Shards if they have enough people working together.

In other news, I’m not going to be very helpful the next ~4 days. I went on vacation, then got COVID, and when I got back to school I found that nothing had gotten done on this big group project that’s due on Friday. So now I’m scrambling to get everyone organized so we can get done on time >:(

Would you like to join the dark side?

And yeah, I'm not to sure about the whole conversion thing. Releasing a shard doesnt automatically equal us losing a reasercher, but it can lead to it. I'd like to note that the elims getting a free shard would mean:

-they have four people already

-they all collectively use their night actions on taking investiture

-they are all on silverlight

i think.

hm. them all being on sliverlight means something but im not sure what it means. poe, possibly?

4 minutes ago, The Known Novel said:

I second this! I have not been an elim in quite a while, so once you get done converting Alpha, come on over TKN Town and give me some love.

would you like to join the dark side? you wouldnt gain any funky powers, but we do have unspiked cookies!

edit: haha imagine if we had a long game- break tank

LGBT

haha

Edited by Turtle

4 minutes ago, Turtle said:

Would you like to join the dark side?

And yeah, I'm not to sure about the whole conversion thing. Releasing a shard doesnt automatically equal us losing a reasercher, but it can lead to it. I'd like to note that the elims getting a free shard would mean:

-they have four people already

-they all collectively use their night actions on taking investiture

-they are all on silverlight

i think.

hm. them all being on sliverlight means something but im not sure what it means. poe, possibly?

Also — Intent conversion is more likely if a Shard is gained @ the beginning of the game rather than towards the end, so that’s another reason to hold out.

And yes I would like to join the dark side

Where my cookies at

Spoiler

647f559358132_Screenshot2023-06-06at11_48_41AM.thumb.png.e20bf7b23c8bd2739765c0ca0420362d.png

2 minutes ago, Szeth_Pancakes said:

Where my cookies at

edit: note that the 10 miles away is not my actual location. I'm trying to convince google i live in kansas city.

Edited by Turtle

1 minute ago, DrakeMarshall said:

smh y'all the way to get converted is obviously by playing hard-to-get you can't just ask for it

you have to like, reverse-psychology them into converting you

all subtle-like

I like to be a straightforward guy ¯⁠\⁠_⁠(⁠ツ⁠)⁠_⁠/⁠¯ 

Just now, DrakeMarshall said:

smh y'all the way to get converted is obviously by playing hard-to-get you can't just ask for it

you have to like, reverse-psychology them into converting you

all subtle-like

...is this your personal philosophy on converting? are you planning on using it this game?

I will note that it is a perfectly valid strategy for the village to simply not break Shards out and hunt all the neutrals to death

…but nobody is gonna do that so if we are releasing certain Shards, I recommend Dominion, Mercy, Endowment, Ruin, and Ambition. 

Just going to drop this here. I spent a bit thinking, and this is the definitive 100% accurate list and your opinion is wrong.

Village ranking;

1. Honor

2. Cultivation

3. Valor

4. Dominion 

5. Prudence 

6. Survival

7. Whimsy

8. Endowment

9. Preservation 

10. Invention

11. Ambition

12. Devotion

13. Odium

14. Ruin

15. Mercy

General evil ranking:

1. Ruin

2. Odium

3. Survival

4. Mercy

5. Invention

6. Ambition 

7. Honor

8. Valor

9. Prudence

10. Preservation 

11. Whimsy

12. Dominion

13. Devotion

14. Cultivation 

15. Endowment 

Containment ranking (Bold probably has to come out, italised really doesn't need to, bold underlined means we die if we don't grab them):

1. Ruin

2. Odium

3. Cultivation 

4. Honor

1. Mercy

2. Survival 

3. Endowment

4. Prudence

1. Valor

2. Dominion

3. Invention 

4. Ambition 

1. Whimsy

2. Preservation

3. Devotion 

6 minutes ago, The Known Novel said:

Just going to drop this here. I spent a bit thinking, and this is the definitive 100% accurate list and your opinion is wrong.

Village ranking;

1. Honor

2. Cultivation

3. Valor

4. Dominion 

5. Prudence 

6. Survival

7. Whimsy

8. Endowment

9. Preservation 

10. Invention

11. Ambition

12. Devotion

13. Odium

14. Ruin

15. Mercy

General evil ranking:

1. Ruin

2. Odium

3. Survival

4. Mercy

5. Invention

6. Ambition 

7. Honor

8. Valor

9. Prudence

10. Preservation 

11. Whimsy

12. Dominion

13. Devotion

14. Cultivation 

15. Endowment 

Containment ranking (Bold probably has to come out, italised really doesn't need to, bold underlined means we die if we don't grab them):

1. Ruin

2. Odium

3. Cultivation 

4. Honor

1. Mercy

2. Survival 

3. Endowment

4. Prudence

1. Valor

2. Dominion

3. Invention 

4. Ambition 

1. Whimsy

2. Preservation

3. Devotion 

smh whimsy needs to come out for chaos

anyhow is the village ranking like, helpful for village? or village aligned? you have mercy bold + underlined and at the bottom of you village list.

12 minutes ago, Turtle said:

smh whimsy needs to come out for chaos

anyhow is the village ranking like, helpful for village? or village aligned? you have mercy bold + underlined and at the bottom of you village list.

Helpful for the village. And it's at the bottom because an exe protect is directly counterproductive for the village. It is underlined because that's a free turn for that elim to keep running about, maybe more if the elims get lucky. They are separate lists because they serve separate purposes. 

11 minutes ago, Szeth_Pancakes said:

@The Known Novel Why is Endowment so low on your elim list? I’m relatively sure Returned keep their alignment, so it’s essentially two free revives.

Two? One revive for every elim I think. But you don't get to take night actions, and everyone knows that you're evil (it isn't flipless, right? I'm not forgetting that). But yeah, bottom isn't correct, don't know why I put it below Devotion, which legitimately kinda sucks for them. I have now put that in between Honor and Valor.

Edit: I'm dumb, sorry. Two because Shardic.

@Ashbringer, this is my new name now. Not sorry.

Edited by The Bald Brandon

5 minutes ago, The Bald Brandon said:

Two? One revive for every elim I think. But you don't get to take night actions, and everyone knows that you're evil (it isn't flipless, right? I'm not forgetting that). But yeah, bottom isn't correct, don't know why I put it below Devotion, which legitimately kinda sucks for them. I have now put that in between Honor and Valor.

Edit: I'm dumb, sorry. Two because Shardic.

I mean at the very least this essentially forces the village to waste an exe, which can be super important late game.

4 minutes ago, Szeth_Pancakes said:

I mean at the very least this essentially forces the village to waste an exe, which can be super important late game.

I think you can just kinda ignore Returned elims. They can't use the important half of the actions and they're going to die pretty soon.

Edit: Yeah, @Ashbringer tis me.

Edited by The Bald Brandon

Just now, The Bald Brandon said:

I think you can just kinda ignore Returned elims. They can't use the important half of the actions and they're going to die pretty soon.

Fair. But I think if you save it for lategame, that doesn’t matter as much

"Attention everyone!" Xorial announced. He couldn't tell if anyone was listening, but that had never stopped him before. "The 17th Shard Rebirth Society is holding an interest meeting in two hours! Pizza will be served!"

He sat back down, confident that the promise of free food would attract at least one interested party.

3 hours ago, xinoehp512 said:

"Attention everyone!" Xorial announced. He couldn't tell if anyone was listening, but that had never stopped him before. "The 17th Shard Rebirth Society is holding an interest meeting in two hours! Pizza will be served!"

He sat back down, confident that the promise of free food would attract at least one interested party.

Free food? Felt Jr. was not as strict or hardcore as his father.  Free food would get him every day. Though, that could be because he was 12. “Whoooha! I’ll be there,” he cries toward the funny looking man who had spoken.

EDIT: Odium Reigns…

Edited by TheAlpha929

How is your ‘evil’ list defined? Cause all the factions have separate goals, and there’s not a general elim faction really

Edited by Matrim's Dice
7000 wheeeeeee