I was thinking it was a random insect or group of insects, but I can delete that line...

No, it's fine. :) More than fine, since I think the idea of the dinosaurs being somehow exempt from Lightwards' full control is fascinating.

Only things I can think of is that they're either triggering his weakness or else it's because he's not familiar enough with dinosaurs.

Either one of those could work, actually. The raptors, at least, are way smarter than Lightwards gives them credit for. Pre-Calamity Thomas Cardinal consistently argued that dinosaurs were very low in intellect, but in this case he's very wrong. These raptors are closer to elephants or dolphins in terms of sheer intelligence.

And dinosaurs setting off his weakness? Without giving over details, that could actually work.

I guess what I'm saying is that I find this an interesting question, and I think it gives the potential for a neat twist on the relationship between the necromancer and his zombies. I see a lot of potential, but I don't really have much of an idea of how it could happen.

I'm about to head off to bed, so good night and thanks for putting up with my nocturnal rants. :P

Either one of those could work, actually. The raptors, at least, are way smarter than Lightwards gives them credit for. Pre-Calamity Thomas Cardinal consistently argued that dinosaurs were very low in intellect, but in this case he's very wrong. These raptors are closer to elephants or dolphins in terms of sheer intelligence.

And dinosaurs setting off his weakness? Without giving over details, that could actually work.

So it's been set off by Mobius and potentially dinosaurs... hmmm... I'd almost say it was similar to Steelhearts except he's been afraid multiple times and not had his weakness triggered that I can tell.

Edited by Voidus

Okay, cool. :) Maybe it's their innate wild-ness, their adherence to their own packs. Like how the segment from the raptor's POV mentioned a desire to break free of the "alpha's" control, take leadership of his pack, and murder every mammal in the jungle. Humans are more trusting of other humans than they would be of, say, a talking bear, and so the human Warriors might be more comfortable taking orders from Lightwards than would a raptor. For a raptor, taking orders from what it recognizes as prey probably feels very unnatural. 

So it's been set off by Mobius and potentially dinosaurs... hmmm... I'd almost say it was the same as Steelhearts except he's been afraid multiple times and not had his weakness triggered that I can tell.

Steelheart's weakness was not being feared, but I'll assure you that their weaknesses aren't the same. Similar, but not the same.

Okay, cool. :) Maybe it's their innate wild-ness, their adherence to their own packs. Like how the segment from the raptor's POV mentioned a desire to break free of the "alpha's" control, take leadership of his pack, and murder every mammal in the jungle. Humans are more trusting of other humans than they would be of, say, a talking bear, and so the human Warriors might be more comfortable taking orders from Lightwards than would a raptor. For a raptor, taking orders from what it recognizes as prey probably feels very unnatural.

That is an interesting idea--as if Lightwards' control over Warriors is an extension of human psychology, which wouldn't apply to the raptors. I like it.

Mailliw, about how big is the infirmary, how many people are in it, what sort of injuries do they suffer from, and overall how concerned is Altermind with their well-being (i.e., is the infirmary itself staffed with people trained in medicine and stocked with adequate supplies, or is there just a handful of nurses on duty making do with whatever supplies could be spared as an afterthought)?

There won't be many since TT doesn't battle often. Most will have minor injuries like burns or, since there was just a battle with Corpsemaker's soldiers, there'll be a couple with gunshot wounds. The infirmary would be it's own building, probably a small doctor's clinic Pre-Calamity. Altermind wants soldiers ready for battle, so he would have old Hospital staff there, ready if needed and a decent amount of supplies. He wouldn't be ready for a lot of soldiers to be put in there though since it's never happened yet.

Mailliw, I'm going to change the Reckoners so that they will work withminor Epics.

Gordon and CorpseMaker will have a post up soon.

Okay. That works.

V[/size]oidknight: Can create vacuums pulling everyone in an area into one point, wears full armour and uses a sword to make use of the clustered enemies.

Might be a good match up.[/size]

Sounds good to me. Let's fight this guy. I want a little battle scene.

Kobold, if Lightwards's weakness is activated, does he lose control of his Warriors or can he just not create more?

Hey Kobold, I hope you don't mind my writing two words for Aldo. If you do I will happily edit them out. It just felt weird to have things happen and no one say anything. Also, his being a magician, I thought he might genuinely be impressed at this new take on a levitation technique.

But as I said, just thought I should double check.

Edited by Mrs. Voidus

Don't worry, I had permission from Twi.

Do not, Ever, talk back to Jeffrey.

Ding, dong, Scorch is dead, CorpseMaker shot him in the head….

Well, he didn't shoot him, exactly, but you catch my drift. 

You probably shouldn't call him Jeffrey, either. Only Doctor Funtimes can get away with that. :P