They'll become canon as soon as he's introduced. They're part of his Epic outfit, and only the bravest souls dare make fun of them.

But you know, it' a good thing he's not going anywhere with a bunch of snarky vanillas with a love of mocking Epics. :P

(Personally, I think pink sunglasses are cool.)

Agreed. It's not like there's a good chance Sam and Nathan will snicker and Revolution will ask him if that's the California style while Remington refuses to call him anything but Elton. :P

(I prefer different colors, personally. If they made prescription sunglasses with jade green lenses, I'd wear them all the time. Probably while singing about how I "see the world through these sad old jaded eyes" to the tune of a Dropkick Murphys song. :P

I would totally read that.

(From the dedication) For any Epics who decide to read this book: Skip to the Koschei chapters and remember this thought—You're next. 

I'll find you while you're still peeing your pants in terror. 

Here's Backtrack's bio + pony. He's not what you would call an important character, so there's not much to tell about him.

Pre-Calamity Information

Before Calamity, Backtrack was known as Victor Lloyd, a mild-mannered 7-Eleven employee from San Francisco. He was not what you might call a notable figure: when he wasn't working his shift, he was usually playing online video games or watching an assortment of science fiction programs on DVD. He was fairly content with his life--the only time he ever felt disgruntled or powerless was when Firefly was cancelled. Not only was he content, he was a proud man, relishing his position as a small wiki administrator and his knowledge of obscure Doctor Who trivia.

Powers and Abilities

When Calamity appeared, Victor Lloyd gained a twofold power. He became capable of instantly divining a human being's path in life at a glance. By looking at a man, he could tell where he was born, where he spent most of his childhood, or even more subtle details like where he went for breakfast that morning.

His second power was similar in nature. When standing in any place, Victor could see its history unfold before its eyes. He could step onto the Californian street and watch Indian battles from centuries before; he could see primordial dinosaurs hunting in swamps from millions of years previously. And most intriguingly of all, he could peer into the minds of any human who'd come before him: by standing by the sidewalk, he could see precisely what was going through the minds of every person who'd ever walked on that street.

While an average man would be humbled to see eternity unfold before his eyes, Backtrack's powers only filled him with an inflated sense of self-importance.

Current Status

Backtrack was quickly run out of San Francisco, as the Epics who took over the city were unhappy with a man who could see into their pasts so easily. He roamed up and down the west coast for a few years, scavenging and occasionally working for more powerful Epics. Most recently, he was intrigued by what his powers showed him by the side of an Oregon road. He peered into the road's history, and found that two months previously, the Epic Möbius had killed another Epic and left his body in a ditch. Backtrack was fascinated to see that the man had eventually gotten up and walked in the direction of a nearby city.

Curious to meet his first resurrection Epic, he decided on a whim to follow Lightwards into Portland.

Pony:

7d7fa0634a213abec3db089a76e65461.png

Backtrack, really rocking a pair of pink-tinted sunglasses.

:blink: Bickering Backtrack but he is an Occulator and he´s wearing his tracking lenses. Let´s just hope he doesn´t get his hands on fire lenses or something equally dangerous.

Is there already a publishing date for the Biography?

:blink: Bickering Backtrack but he is an Occulator and he´s wearing his tracking lenses. Let´s just hope he doesn´t get his hands on fire lenses or something equally dangerous.

Is there already a publishing date for the Biography?

The Koschei chapters will be published in serialized form once Quota is introduced. 

The Koschei chapters will be published in serialized form once Quota is introduced.

So... Quota is sort of like the publisher? :P

Minor detail, but I'm assuming Sam gets a chance to slip on some shoes before they go? I for one would not want to wander around a prehistoric jungle barefoot. :P

Minor detail, but I'm assuming Sam gets a chance to slip on some shoes before they go? I for one would not want to wander around a prehistoric jungle barefoot. :P

Funtimes can make her new shoes better ones even. ;)

Edited by Edgedancer

Unless you want to write a bit about Sam walking through a prehistoric jungle barefoot before Funtimes makes her some glittering pink Converse high-tops, then yes. :P

Unless you want to write a bit about Sam walking through a prehistoric jungle barefoot before Funtimes makes her some glittering pink Converse high-tops, then yes. :P

And now I feel the urge for Kobold to write the next museum segment immediately so this can happen.

Agreed. 

Glittering pink Cons would actually go quite well with gothic garb, in my opinion. I'm a fan of contrasting colors. :P

Very well. As someone who's stepped on severed mesquite branches, cactus leaves, and cap nails barefoot before, I feel confident in my ability to do the scene justice. :P

Though I still think Sightline's response and a Funtimes-Voidgaze reunion should come first.

Agreed. 

Glittering pink Cons would actually go quite well with gothic garb, in my opinion. I'm a fan of contrasting colors. :P

Pink is actually rather common with perky goths from my experience.

Very well. As someone who's stepped on severed mesquite branches, cactus leaves, and cap nails barefoot before, I feel confident in my ability to do the scene justice. :P

Though I still think Sightline's response and a Funtimes-Voidgaze reunion should come first.

Meh, just act and think about that later. The maps aren´t running away. :P

Aw, shucks. You've figured out my whole scheme. :P

I don't think a quick Sam/Revolution reaction scene before Sightline responds would hurt anything. 

I knew it. :P

I'll see about getting something written up here soon then. I'll append a Backtrack scene to the post as well, most likely.

Just finished writing the first Koschei POV scene. 

…...

Yeah, I'm really looking forward to the part where he dies. 

I get the feeling we're all going to be earnestly rooting for Remington when that scene comes. I mean, there's hoping for an Epic to die... and then there's really hoping for an Epic to die. 

I get the feeling we're all going to be earnestly rooting for Remington when that scene comes. I mean, there's hoping for an Epic to die... and then there's really hoping for an Epic to die. 

When you're writing a scene from a villain's perspective for an RP based on a work the author's website calls a "supervillain dystopia," and you stop and ask yourself, "Did the author really intend for people this creepy to exist in his world?" you know you've created a Hate Sink.

When you're writing a scene from a villain's perspective for an RP based on a work the author's website calls a "supervillain dystopia," and you stop and ask yourself, "Did the author really intend for people this creepy to exist in his world?" you know you've created a Hate Sink.

I'm not sure if Nighthound is a Hate Sink, Complete Monster, The Dragon, or all of the above. :P

Also, let's start characterizing Electro as a power-hungry reluctant lieutenant who dreams of overthrowing CorpseMaker. Having him as The Starscream would just be too hilarious. :D

I'm not sure if Nighthound is a Hate Sink, Complete Monster, The Dragon, or all of the above. :P

Also, let's start characterizing Electro as a power-hungry reluctant lieutenant who dreams of overthrowing CorpseMaker. Having him as The Starscream would just be too hilarious. :D

It's a shame TV Tropes doesn't have a page called "I Hope He Dies." Oh well. At least we know there's a good chance Nighthound will get a Karmic Death

Haha! "Yeah, I gave a Starscream to your Starscream so you can fly around while he fantasizes about killing you and taking your seat of power!" 

It's a shame TV Tropes doesn't have a page called "I Hope He Dies." Oh well. At least we know there's a good chance Nighthound will get a Karmic Death

Haha! "Yeah, I gave a Starscream to your Starscream so you can fly around while he fantasizes about killing you and taking your seat of power!" 

And if it's Ray who gets the chance to kill him with her lances, then it could be a very literal Laser-Guided Karma. :P

Am I the only one who heard an implied "Yo dawg" at the beginning of that sentence? :P

And if it's Ray who gets the chance to kill him with her lances, then it could be a very literal Laser-Guided Karma. :P

Am I the only one who heard an implied "Yo dawg" at the beginning of that sentence? :P

I still like the idea of her pointing behind Nighthound, going "OMG it's CorpseMaker!" and then stabbing him quite literally in the back. :P

I sure hope not. :P

Edit: 7 upvotes? Dang. I was not expecting a post where Nathan learns his crazy fake girlfriend is actually his crazy real girlfriend to be so popular. ;) 

Edited by TwiLyghtSansSparkles

You need to introduce Chicago Joe so he can leave a trail of broken ships and people singing "Where did you come from, where did you go…." :P

(Thanks! :))

Because we all know a drunk and slovenly Weeping Angel is just the kind of bad boy to attract the ladies. :P

Speaking of shipping, am I the only one who wants to see Voidgaze and Big Al team up to give Nighthound a No Holds Barred Beatdown at some point?