Look I'm just going to do it. Amanuensis. You've made a claim that's impossible to verify without getting immediately shot at. Even if we believe you, you've literally claimed that you are a Serial Killer! Admittedly, you are only intending to go after certain roles, but that still gives you a wide target list. Just by the nature of mafia, you are more likely to hit a Village soccer player than you are an Elim soccer player. You're not helping the thread, and your reveal has become a black hole of discussion. You've done this gambit before, and stayed alive way past your due date, and I'm not going to let you keep this up.

So I'm not very good at SE analysis so this is all I got:

• I was reading Stick as village.
  • I... really don't know where the Wizard train came from. It just blew past me. Not that I appreciate him jumping on my train, of course. I just don't see where the elim reads came from.
  • And then the new kid (says I, a new kid) that Wizard is innocent and they don't trust Stick. Out of... nowhere. Wiz, Stick; you got anything to say about that?
  • Kasamir is totally planning to slaughter us all.

@Amanuensis I looked back at Walin's post and was surprised to see that he only has two? Only on page three. I thought he had... more than that :P. Also I think I initially misinterpreted what Walin's first post was-- he said that he wanted to drop his Archer vote before rollover, and I read that like 'drop a vote onto Archer' and not 'drop my vote off Archer' which is what, I think, he meant.  And... that's basically it, his second post was further explaining the foistering.

So my gut ping of him doesn't really hold up since it was based on a misunderstanding and he said himself he didn't know if he'd be back before rollover.

...In other news, my vote is for sale...

31 minutes ago, Sart said:

Look I'm just going to do it. Amanuensis. You've made a claim that's impossible to verify without getting immediately shot at. Even if we believe you, you've literally claimed that you are a Serial Killer! Admittedly, you are only intending to go after certain roles, but that still gives you a wide target list. Just by the nature of mafia, you are more likely to hit a Village soccer player than you are an Elim soccer player. You're not helping the thread, and your reveal has become a black hole of discussion. You've done this gambit before, and stayed alive way past your due date, and I'm not going to let you keep this up.

His role is verifiable if we suddenly have a random extra kill one night that Aman ascribes to his cards without any counterclaim. I suppose all that would prove is that Aman was the killer, not that he's specifically the referee, but due to the detailed nature of the claim and the fact that he posted this only a few hours into the game, I doubt it's made up.

As for him being an SK anyway... that's true, yeah :P. But I would say that he's helping the thread. He's being more villagery than a lot of people, and I actually believe that he'll village side. It being a black hole of discussion is true but I don't think it's the kind of black hole that will persist, unless he becomes a problem. But that'd be an easy problem to solve via votes.

I guess for me it comes down to: it's not our wincon to kill neutrals, and Aman hasn't done anything threatening towards us. From me, that gets a pass.

22 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

I... really don't know where the Wizard train came from. It just blew past me. Not that I appreciate him jumping on my train, of course. I just don't see where the elim reads came from.

This is me with like 75% of all trains. And like 95% of all D1 trains.

I’m keen for a cheeky Striker vote. His response to my claim felt counter-village, whereas Sart appears to be rightly paranoid.

I want to ask @Sart the same question I did Striker (that he’s dodged since). You say my role claim has been a black hole for discussion, but what else can we discuss on D1 of a blackout? I unnecessarily revealed information to help the village start off with some data and to reaction test the World Cuppers / Non World Cuppers for my win con. Surely that makes more sense than e!Me immediately fake claiming neutral. That would be a better ploy in a later cycle, to delay the conversation around me as long as possible. Not invite it immediately.

ED1T:

Point is, I could see your fervor making sense if there was a reason to be suspicious of me before and I claimed this to buy time. I came forward on my own, however, when there was little else to discuss.

ED2T:

@StrikerEZ

You expressed frustration that so much discussion today was centered around my claim which you don’t believe. We can consider that conversation over for the next twenty-four hours. What do you want to discuss?

ED3T:

I will say that unless an elim contacts me in PMs for a deal, I will avoid killing World Cuppers I think are village

Edited by Amanuensis

(From Aman because multiquote on mobile is aaaah)

Just so you know, there's about... 28 hours left in the turn? So you're probably not in as much danger as you think you are

2 hours ago, Amanuensis said:

Pretty much agreed on Fadran. Also feels too "hung out to dry" to be an elim atm

These two immediately after each other makes me weirded out.

29 minutes ago, Ashbringer said:

(From Aman because multiquote on mobile is aaaah)

These two immediately after each other makes me weirded out.

Fair :P I was thinking about that second bit from Fadran's perspective. I would expect e!Fadran to not panic in thread and have teammates reassuring him. Also more aware of when the turn ends. He's reacting like he's being hung out to dry, so that lines up more with a flailing villager imo. 

ED1T:

Current Vote Count:

4 hours ago, Amanuensis said:

(3) Channelknight Fadran: The Known Novel, The Wandering Wizard, TJ,
(3) Archer: Devotary of Spontaneity, WalinSteeldancer

(2) StrikerEZ: Araris ValerianAdavantos
(2) Walin: Channelknight FadranMatrim's Dice
(1) Stick: Orlok Tsubodai,

(1) Danex: Ashbringer,
(1) TJ: Archer,
(1) Bookwyrmxinoehp512,
(1) xinoehp512Bookwyrm
(1) The Wandering Wizard: Tani,
(1) TaniStick
(1) AdavantosSart

ED2T:

Here's my thing with Striker.

8 hours ago, StrikerEZ said:

For Reasons

@Amanuensis I can’t quote your role claim because screw me apparently, but yeah I don’t buy that at all. :P

Also I haven’t read pages 7/8 yet. Gotta go!

Doesn't believe my role claim, but hasn't read most of the game yet.

7 hours ago, StrikerEZ said:

All I’m willing to say about my role is that I like rolls.

Also I bet Aman/Wiz team. Spec doc, give me the $20 now that I’m betting I’m right. B)

Ties me with Wiz, who was up for execution around that time. Notably does not vote for either of us.

6 hours ago, StrikerEZ said:

It’s honestly frustrating how much we’re paying attention to Aman’s Referee role. If this were a TJ game, I could see it being snuck in here. But just Kas and Fifth? Idk.

Expresses frustration about Referee-related discussion. I guess my question here, if Striker is Village and he thinks I'm an elim fake claiming to distract the village, why not vote me? If Striker is Village and he thinks I'm a villager fake claiming to distract the elims, I would expect him to be sympathetic considering he did that in MR56.

Feels off.

Edited by Amanuensis
Hit post before finishing thought

53 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:
  • And then the new kid (says I, a new kid) that Wizard is innocent and they don't trust Stick. Out of... nowhere. Wiz, Stick; you got anything to say about that?
  •  

Honestly I have no idea where that came from or why it was even said.

Fadran, looks better on a reread, I think that he might actually be neutral. Don't want to D1 him for reasons that very well could be a joke, did the same think to Szeth in MR61 and I stayed on. Mostly because I was evil and used the excuse of D1 and the chance that it really could be true.

Wallin and Striker feel off, Stick does too to some degree.

I'll add pressure to Striker, because I'm a bit nervous of why Wallin wants votes. Pressure to get him to come back or role abillity? 

So I saw Aman's VC edit and was like 'huh, maybe I'll sheep him on Striker' but then got distracted and came back to see Wiz's vote which for some reason makes me not want to vote Striker even though... it shouldn't have anything to do with my vote?

Help I've bounced too many red names around and none of them make sense, this is bad, we haven't even voted anyone out yet xD

1 minute ago, Matrim's Dice said:

Help I've bounced too many red names around and none of them make sense, this is bad, we haven't even voted anyone out yet xD

We probably aren't going to see any visible effect from killing anyone. Besides their dead body manifesting. Very good to corrupt those are.

So I saw Aman's VC edit and was like 'huh, maybe I'll sheep him on Striker' but then got distracted and came back to see Wiz's vote which for some reason makes me not want to vote Striker even though... it shouldn't have anything to do with my vote?

I mean, if I wasn't going Striker, I was going to go Wallin :P

1 hour ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

I read that as "sorcerers?" for a second and now all I can think of is how cool it would be to have sorcery in an SE game

So, I read this, and my ADHD brain replaced my previous, somewhat productive, train of thought with one that is making me want to try to make a D&D themed SE game. :P

7 minutes ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

We probably aren't going to see any visible effect from killing anyone. Besides their dead body manifesting. Very good to corrupt those are.

I mean, if I wasn't going Striker, I was going to go Wallin :P

Yes, how comforting :P.

Not sure how I feel about that since I don’t love my Walin vote really. Can I just vote… everyone not me :).

Edit: Randby! Got any reads?

Edited by Matrim's Dice

Yes, how comforting :P.

Not sure how I feel about that since I don’t love my Walin vote really. Can I just vote… everyone not me :).

Edit: Randby! Got any reads?

No? I mean, if we don't lynch Amanuensis (the only person who I think is at all suspicious right now), I have the semblance of a plan, but other than that, I do not know.

I’m voting Tani cuz she just plopped a naked vote down on one of the then-leading trains and hasn’t posted since. 

I can see the point on Striker, but maybe the reason he’s skeptical about the neutral claim is because he fake-claimed neutral in MR56 so perhaps that’s where his head is at?

1 minute ago, _Stick_ said:

I’m voting Tani cuz she just plopped a naked vote down on one of the then-leading trains and hasn’t posted since. 

I can see the point on Striker, but maybe the reason he’s skeptical about the neutral claim is because he fake-claimed neutral in MR56 so perhaps that’s where his head is at?

Mhm. So if v!Striker thought I was a Villager fake claiming neutral, he'd want to encourage it, no? Pay the gambit forward?

So the only conclusion is that he thinks I'm an elim. He doesn't even give room for me being honest.

7 minutes ago, Amanuensis said:

Mhm. So if v!Striker thought I was a Villager fake claiming neutral, he'd want to encourage it, no? Pay the gambit forward?

So the only conclusion is that he thinks I'm an elim. He doesn't even give room for me being honest.

I thought his main point was that the role you claim to have could do way more harm than it is worth, so either way, lynching you makes the most sense.

Edited by Random Bystander

9 minutes ago, Amanuensis said:

I do think it’s odd that he pointed out how much of the discussion seems centred around your role but didn’t actually put forward a different point of discussion. 

Edited by _Stick_
Word

7 minutes ago, Random Bystander said:

I thought his main point was that the role you claim to have could do way more harm than it is worth, so either way, lynching you makes the most sense.

I think another of Aman’s points though is that despite that, Striker didn’t vote him, yeah?