I think I’m seeing shadows where there are none and I’m just gonna leave this for now. I will say though, for once this game is over: if Aman was actually elim this whole time, I’m gonna be so hyped and also annoyed at the same time. :P

Just now, Matrim's Dice said:

My read of EoD (again, as someone who wasn't there) was that no one really e!read Biplet over Shining except for you, and that the votes trended naturally towards Shining before you changed the course back. Like 'the plan' might have been Biplet initially but it seemed to me like the plan was changing in most people's minds? 

Him saving himself would have been a great reason to insta-kill him today though so I see nothing wrong with that

I valued the tie more than the actual execution target and still do. Killing Silho because he used his manip to save himself and break the tie means we lose out on the chance to solve the game

Just now, Amanuensis said:

I valued the tie more than the actual execution target and still do. Killing Silho because he used his manip to save himself and break the tie means we lose out on the chance to solve the game

Even if that exe target is village, and the elims get one step closer to winning?

Ash those are FANTASIC i'm cackling

14 minutes ago, Biplet said:

Even if that exe target is village, and the elims get one step closer to winning?

Ash those are FANTASIC i'm cackling

Let me break this down.

Last night, Orlok found out there were 2 elims and 6 villagers among Mat, Ash, Silho, Steel, Drake, Archer, TJ, and TKN.

We removed Archer, TJ, and Steel, and added Wizard, Orlok, and me (all Village scanned) and you (unknown).

If there are no elims in our tie group, we have 7 proven villagers, barring a role like Fadran’s. That means we know that two are between Archer, TJ, and Steel, and Steel is being scanned by RandBy.

If there are still 2 elims, then we know TJ and Archer are clear and can work out Ash, Mat, and Silho.

So yes. The death of one villager gives us a huge amount of information to actually figure this game out. This isn’t very different than executions in another game, except we have to rely on roles and not flips to solve

Edited by Amanuensis

Sorry if you felt explicitly targeted @Biplet. You still were my best suspicion up 'til the end. At first I had thought you accepting the tie as village alligned, but then when things went sideways, I saw your vote on Ash as you attempting to disrupt the tie or pollute it's results, not save it. If I'm wrong and the elims saved v!you last night accidentally or unintentionally, which now seems to be the case, then hopefully Steel's results will prove it. 

Edited by Amanuensis

These memes are excellent yes :P

I do, in fact, regret voting for Biplet.

But to be fair, I knew or strongly suspected what the correct vote tally was in the last couple minutes. Based on the fact that my tallybot was largely correct except missing Orlok. I figured we would be getting a tie, and that my vote was therefore in the correct spot, but I didn't expect Silho's vote manipulation on Wizard. Which I probably should have, considering Shining mentioned vote manipulating Wizard at one point, and never mentioned switching targets.

I apologize on behalf of my tallybot screwing up the vote tally in the thread. And possibly breaking the official vote tally as well? I believe a version of my tallybot may or may not have been involved in its creation. There are some confusing cases where votes just... Don't get counted? Due to inexplicable weirdness in the HTML tags that Kas and I have been unable to reproduce in any way. At this point I'm pretty sure it's aliens or gremlins or ghosts or something >>

Anyways mistakes have been made. Some of them possibly by me but let's not get distracted by those details right now. Please accept this humble offering of a meme:

LnKuXis.png

1 minute ago, Biplet said:

I'm assuming this means I stay dead, coinflip or not, which aw beans :(

I mean if I'm reading it right, there'll still be a coinflip which might still hit me, and because the dead don't get spoilers it can be undone. We just need that to actually happen once Kas gets back.

We'll see, I guess.

17 minutes ago, Biplet said:

I'm assuming this means I stay dead, coinflip or not, which aw beans :(

Well, I figure that might be up in the air, actually. It's a flipless game, so there isn't really anything preventing the GMs from bringing you back to life if they decide to do that, AFAIK.

If it turns out that we actually did get a tie and all that entails, that'd be really swell.

But honestly I've made peace with the fact that this game is confusing :P

Edit: Also, I will say Kas was running on an impressively small amount of sleep circa rollover. I am quite confident he needs a good sleep more than he needs to deal with any of this insanity rn >> I highly recommend patience, I'm sure everything will get sorted out in due time, if there's things that do in fact need sorting out. In the memetime I can't currently think of a reason why we can't continue to go about our business without breaking anything. Probably. Do not quote me on this.

Edited by DrakeMarshall

4 hours ago, DrakeMarshall said:

Edit: Also, I will say Kas was running on an impressively small amount of sleep circa rollover. I am quite confident he needs a good sleep more than he needs to deal with any of this insanity rn >> I highly recommend patience, I'm sure everything will get sorted out in due time, if there's things that do in fact need sorting out. In the memetime I can't currently think of a reason why we can't continue to go about our business without breaking anything. Probably. Do not quote me on this.

This is correct. Two hour sleep marathons and two final exams are great for having sleep but hey, passed yesterday's, and the other's on Friday >>

Anyway, I did a manual re-scan of the votes besides Tallybot's but did indeed miss Orlok's, this is why we ask y'all to bold please :P I don't know if I would've caught that vote in a non-sleep-deprived state!

Current situation:

-There is a tie, y'all can stop Spiderman memeing each other now :eyes:
-I reflipped the coin, because beautifully we can do that in this game due to reasons including fliplessness. Ash gets hit.
-Carry on.

Edited by Kasimir

6 hours ago, Ashbringer said:

Did Shining save the tie by pulling a vote off of me? Yes. Did he know that's what affect that would have? Probably not.

All I could do was hope, man

I didn't know what the VC was, honestly, and the reason I spoilered mine was cause I saw there were other VCs that were way different

I thought Wiz had voted because of my ping, not to save the tie

10 hours ago, StrikerEZ said:

I think I’m seeing shadows where there are none and I’m just gonna leave this for now. I will say though, for once this game is over: if Aman was actually elim this whole time, I’m gonna be so hyped and also annoyed at the same time. :P

Aman

12 minutes ago, Steeldancer said:

I... did not expect my pinch hitting to be relevant. WELL THEN LET ME BESTOW UPON YOU THE RESULTS
There are.... *drumrolllll* 2 elims!

Good, though you could be lying and actually are an elim and are using this as a lie to throw us off your tracks.

Just now, The last Fae in the Woods said:

Aman

Good, though you could be lying and actually are an elim and are using this as a lie to throw us off your tracks.

I mean, yeah, I could be lying. This is SE:P
But it sounds like I'm getting scanned tonight so you'll know tomorrow whether I'm a dirty liar or not. I might not be active, but I'm not lying

27 minutes ago, Steeldancer said:

I... did not expect my pinch hitting to be relevant. WELL THEN LET ME BESTOW UPON YOU THE RESULTS
There are.... *drumrolllll* 2 elims!

That’s both useful and annoying. Because we added people so we have no idea if the two we took out are elims or villagers. Or if they were villagers but two elims added themselves this time.