Hunger Games Simulator RP

2EmLee2

I will be so mad if the simulator doesn't let me and Xino interact with each other... 

Star wandered until she found a stream she could wash herself in. She was a bloody mess, hair crusted over with gore. The metallic smell of blood filled her nostrils, her hands stained the rusty red color of dried blood. Her glasses for nearsightedness had gotten so fogged by carnage that she'd shed them at the sight of the district nine boy's murder. Maybe once she won, she'd be able to get new glasses. If not, then it didn't matter. She could see mostly fine without them.

She pulled her shirt over her head, revealing a torso as well defined as her powerful arms. The cold, clear water ran around her plastic boots. "Where are you, Xino?" she said out loud, setting the hatchet on a mossy stone on the bank. It was one thing to clean herself, but the hatchet had become something of a symbol and she hesitated to desecrate it. When she killed Xino, she wanted him to know that she was his death. He'd tried to take her down the cowardly way, running, leaving her to die. Well, that wasn't her way of doing things. She was a showwoman, which would be in her favor. The sponsors would eat up her storyline and, hopefully, help her win. Maybe that would make up for her less-than-admirable performance in the pre-games. It almost seemed silly to her how unmotivated she'd been to kill and win. When she'd slammed the hatchet into that boy's chest... something had awoken inside of her. This was in her blood. All this time she'd been cutting trees when she should have been cutting bones.

29 minutes ago, Zephrun's Imperium said:

Star wandered until she found a stream she could wash herself in. She was a bloody mess, hair crusted over with gore. The metallic smell of blood filled her nostrils, her hands stained the rusty red color of dried blood. Her glasses for nearsightedness had gotten so fogged by carnage that she'd shed them at the sight of the district nine boy's murder. Maybe once she won, she'd be able to get new glasses. If not, then it didn't matter. She could see mostly fine without them.

She pulled her shirt over her head, revealing a torso as well defined as her powerful arms. The cold, clear water ran around her plastic boots. "Where are you, Xino?" she said out loud, setting the hatchet on a mossy stone on the bank. It was one thing to clean herself, but the hatchet had become something of a symbol and she hesitated to desecrate it. When she killed Xino, she wanted him to know that she was his death. He'd tried to take her down the cowardly way, running, leaving her to die. Well, that wasn't her way of doing things. She was a showwoman, which would be in her favor. The sponsors would eat up her storyline and, hopefully, help her win. Maybe that would make up for her less-than-admirable performance in the pre-games. It almost seemed silly to her how unmotivated she'd been to kill and win. When she'd slammed the hatchet into that boy's chest... something had awoken inside of her. This was in her blood. All this time she'd been cutting trees when she should have been cutting bones.

This character is kind of freaking me out, to be honest.

Edited by Sequence

In a different time, Mat smiled.

He was home. Laughter filled the room, his own. He could hardly remember what home felt like, and it hadn't even been that long since he was here. For a moment, he allowed himself to take it in, the simple dining room and dirty floor, the empty walls. The life of a cattle raiser required none of the fanciful decor that the Capitol flaunted. It was the truest way to live.

"Mat," a soft voice said. He knew that voice, knew the exact tone of it.

Mat looked to the side, to see a girl standing there, smiling. Beautiful, with golden hair that fell past her shoulders. A face Mat had known all his life. He took a step towards her, then stopped, closing his eyes.

"No," Mat whispered. "This is a dream."

He opened his eyes again, and she was gone.

Mat started awake, and immediately felt a spike of alarm. What good was a bush disguise if he was sleeping? He'd positioned the mud so that it only worked if he stayed at a certain angle, an angle he almost certainly hadn't kept while asleep. He doubted he'd been asleep for long, and clearly had been undisturbed during that time.

Then the dream came back to him, and Mat winced. So far he'd done a good job at suppressing the memories of home, but now it all came flooding back. He did his best not to think about his past life, his family, her. The times he had left behind were too good to carry with him going forward. Once his name had been selected, all that had been left behind, and he couldn't revisit it until after he won. If he won.

No, now that he was finally allowing himself to think about what he had lost, it wasn't a question. He would win. He had to. If not for himself, for all of them.

Edited by Matrim's Dice

Hello, and welcome back citizens of the Capitol! How are you doing this Hunger Games season, Korro?

I'm just swell, Zolver. What highlights do we have in the Games today that fans might want to hear about? Any winners in the making yet?

Well, it's only been a day and a half since the Games began, but there are definitely some fan favorites and fun moments that will be put on the highlight reels this year. 

Those poor lovers from District Three were certainly interesting. Didn't they get separated at the bloodbath? Hah. Not that it was much of a bloodbath this year, eh, Zolver? In fact, most of the players don't seem to be interested in violence at all. 

That's right, although I have it on good authority that the gamemakers are going to be pushing for some more action as the Games continue. But for now, the most interesting story seems to be with the District Seven girl who nearly died at the bloodbath. 

Footage of a short haired blonde girl getting cut down in the cornucopia while her back is turned is shown between the two TV hosts. 

Ooof. What a hit. And she survived that? 

She did indeed, thanks to some kindness from District Four's Tani! Normally that kind of kindness is frowned upon, but this time around, it seemed to be a real game changer, haha. And what's worse, the man who did that to her was her own district partner, the boy she volunteered seemingly to die alongside.

A picture of District Seven's Xino shows up on the screen. He's a tan young man with short cropped dark hair and glasses.

Why would she do that, Korro?

Well, sources say she has severe depression, and it only got worse after her boyfriend passed away in a logging accident. But now, that depression seems to be turning into an unbridled murderous rage. 

A video clip of Star brutally hacking apart a young boy plays. She doesn't stop hacking until long after the boy is dead and dismembered.

That's right, and that's why fans have been flocking to Star as their new favorite. We have some fan art here of her from a young fan in District Nine. (spoilered for minor gore)

Spoiler

2022-05-12.thumb.jpeg.4b343139ca98837a9f7b37e3320e63c6.jpeg

Tell me more about that Xino boy, Zolver, what is he like?

Well, Korro, not much is known about him, but the way he's been talking to little Vapor from District Ten, I don't think he's quiiiiiite right in the head, haha. And what's more - wow, I love this drama - it seems like cutting down Star was an accident. He feels genuinely horrible about what he did, but - get this - Star is on a revenge mission now. She doesn't care to win, she just wants her old partner dead. 

Gosh, what a story. I guess the fans will just have to wait and see how it pans out, eh? Well, we're signing off, Panem. Have a nice night!

Nameless  crept up on the district five tribute. What was his name? Void. Yes, that was it. Looked like all the stress had gotten to him. He was just sitting there, head in his hands. Well, no use in sitting around and letting him recover from his little mental breakdown. Nameless pulled out an improvised grenade, then hesitated, looking at the poor kid. He put the grenade away and picked up a nearby rock. No need to waste valuable ammo.

A few minutes later, Nameless was wishing he'd just used a grenade. This blood would not be good for his camouflage. Might be intimidating though.

20 minutes ago, Zephrun's Imperium said:

I wanna bash someone’s head in with a rock…. :plead:

Okay, I'll only mess with the sim results for one of these. Do you want to be the one to kill Xino, or do you want to bash someone's head in (not Xino's) with a rock?

As the sim currently stands, you're doing neither.

@Zephrun's Imperium

Edited by Tani

So... I'm not sure. Because I don't really want Star to kill Xino, I'd rather she realize that she's become a monster only to hurt someone who actually still loved her the whole time. Basically, I want her to kill more people, and I want her to meet Xino, but I don't want her to kill him. 

Xino crouched next to a plant. He remembered this one- it was edible. He pulled it out of the ground. He ate it.

The world seemed... choppy. Ever since he'd woken up, it had felt this way. At least he wasn't hungry any more. Hopefully he would find a stream soon.

He heard voices in the distance. He stopped moving. Who was that? Were they a threat?

Tani visited her bread cave to eat and deposit her new supplies. She kept the knife with her, putting it in her boot for safekeeping before going house hunting. A niggling thought scratched at her mind - what was I going to do again? - but she pushed it aside. I'll remember later. Probably.

There was a nice cave. Big enough, dry, well-hidden, several ways out, hard to get cornered, lots of other caves nearby. Perfect, except for one thing.

Panem.

There was no way this perfect cave was not a death trap.

Maybe one of the other nearby caves? One that was just a little less perfect? There. That one. Cramped, easy to hide, fewer ways out but still some alright ones, mossy. She started to crawl in, then - Oh yeah! That's what it was! - wriggled out again. She went to the forest edge, grabbed a handful of hair, and started cutting it off. The Capital people are going to be so upset with me...

Well then, I'll leave it open anyways, just in case you want to describe it later.

Eluviani was walking through the forest, looking for a place to stay. He didn't have a backpack, or anything he could use as a bag, so all his stuff was out in plain sight. Sitting right there on top of his hands as he walked. He was an easy target but he wasn't about to leave his food behind.

At first he just followed the stream, but eventually concluded it didn't lead to any river. With his luck it would turn out he was a stone's throw from finding one but he still decided to get away from it in the end. He drank as much water as he could, filled the recipient one last time, and started his journey. Now this only had to last until he found another water source. It should be doable. Even if he found nothing, he could come back to the stream, albeit after a presumably taxing journey back with no water. But the option was there and that comforted him.

The arena shouldn't be impossibly big or anything either, the organizers would want them to run into each other after all. It had been peaceful so far though. He didn't know if it was normal to last two days without an encounter or if they just didn't show that on the broadcast. Maybe it was deemed too boring for the people in the Capital. The reminder that he was just a piece of entertainment dampened his good mood, but of course, it wasn't meant to last anyway. He did want to enjoy some peace if he could but, eventually he would need to fight for his life. That or let himself be killed. Showing no resistance to his future attacker was probably as good a sign of rebellion as any. That was a depressing thought.

As he walked he found some berry bushes, the same kind he had eaten before. They were practically full too. Eluviani was already starting to get tired of berries but he couldn't be picky. The sponsor's food wouldn't last long and his hunting abilities had proven to be nonexistent so far. This could be his salvation in a pinch.

He put his bundle down and started picking. As much as he hated to admit it, this was a pretty good find, really. He'd end up hating berries for the rest of his life but with so many of these he could probably survive a day or so. He hoped. The trees in the arena had pretty big leaves too, it wasn't too difficult to roll them into a cone to carry the berries more easily. Satisfied with his new treasure he walked back to his bundle. Which was gone.

Eluviani hadn't walked ten paces away from it, he'd left it right beside the first bush. Now it had disappeared without so much as a rustle. It felt like a sick joke, his newly acquired backup food was now his only food. Great way to lose a sponsor too, giving away their gift like that. And now that he didn't have any water he really was on a timer. He told himself to stay calm but was punching a tree before realizing it. It hurt, and he didn't want to break his hand.

He forced himself to stop. His body stopped moving and he made himself breathe to try and cool down. It worked, externally. Inside he was wishing the thief would just come out so he could continue what he had started on the tree. Calm down, don't be childish. With a sigh, Eluviani picked up the berries he had dropped when he started hitting the tree, and kept walking. Every drop of his good mood now gone.

Edited by Eluvianii

12 hours ago, Tani said:

bread cave

This is my new favorite noun.

On 5/11/2022 at 9:29 PM, Tani said:

Day 2:
Queen explores the arena.
Morningtide steals from Eluviani while he isn't looking.
Xino overhears EmLee and Dannex talking in the distance.
Nameless bashes Void's head with a rock several times.
Mat camouflages himself in the bushes.
Syn searches for firewood.
Experience receives clean water from an unknown sponsor.
Tani injures herself.
Napollo receives clean water from an unknown sponsor.
Sequence tries to sleep through the entire day.
Vapor practices her archery.
Enter makes a slingshot.
Fadran steals from Star while she isn't looking.

I think you should ping everyone when a new day/night etc. starts, but maybe there should be a vote if somebody doesn't want a crap ton of notifs.

Edited by Sequence

Ladies and gents, this is your brand-new Gamekeeper. Tani's gonna be away for awhile, so I'll be taking over until she gets back.

So, without further ado...

Cannon shots: Five
Void - District 5 Male
Facepalm - District 8 Female
TalnFan - District 9 Male
Thaidakar - District 11 Male
Robin - District 11 Female

Star ran a hand through her locks, tossing her head back. The sun had begun to set through the trees, golden light streaming through the branches. She sighed, and began scratching off the blood that had dried between her fingernails. She was terribly bored. It was about time those gamemasters gave her something to do. Maybe she was just being lazy; but who could blame her? She had a bad back, she wasn't about to go wandering about looking for danger. 

Star started singing absently. 

Hold me close and hold me fast
The magic spell you cast
This is la vie en rose
When you kiss me heaven sighs
And though I close my eyes
I see la vie en rose.

When you press me to your heart
I'm in a world apart
A world where roses bloom
And when you speak, angels sing from above
Everyday words seem to turn into love songs
Give your heart and soul to me
And life will always be la vie en rose.

Memories. Promises of a future together. All taken away by a single fallen tree trunk. Stupid, why did it have to be her boyfriend? Why couldn't it have been her? She remembered his dead eyes staring up at her. Such beautiful brown eyes. Even more beautiful when he smiled. Made one of his stupid jokes... She found herself sobbing, arms around her waist. "Come back to me, love..." 

But he wouldn't come back.

She would come to him.

On 5/11/2022 at 8:29 PM, Tani said:

Syn searches for firewood.

This one will probably not be good, so prepare yourself lol.

Syn jolted awake from her restless slumber, her heartbeat reaching to her throat. Her head pounded. Her eyes ached. She took in painful breath after painful breath, shivering in the cold… was it morning? Syn curled up against the tree trunk, listening to the cannon shots absently.

One…

Two…

Three…

Four…

Five.

Her teeth chattered against each other. This stupid arena suit wasn’t doing her any favors in protecting her from the cold. She knew that if she were to get up and move around, she would feel warmer… but what really was the point of doing that? Maybe it was just better for her to die from the cold right here. No one would care. It would just be another cannon shot. Another fallen nameless Tribute.

Need warmth, her body interrupted, shivering again.

No. Syn buried her face in her knees.

I don’t think you heard me correctly. Her body shivered more violently this time. Need. Warmth.

She looked up, resting her head on her knees. Well… guess it couldn’t hurt to get up and look, right? Nobody would care to bother her just looking. If they did come across her, they could just kill her and be done with it. Maybe it can have her body shut up for once about the stupid things.

Syn exhaled, then picked herself up. Her body shook, then complaining about food, but Syn ignored it. She wrapped her arms around herself, letting her gaze fall to the ground as she scanned the forest floor for kindling. If she learned anything besides taking care of animals back home, it was knowing what she could do about making herself warm. Who knows what she would come across? What she knew is that it was better to just keep moving right now, even if all she wanted in the whole world right now was to curl up and let death overtake her.

Morningtide listened to the cannon shots, bit refused to pay tribute to her fallen competitors. Two she had killed herself, and the others were only competition, not people. They didn't matter.

And yet... lying to herself was harder than it seemed. 

Queen wandered the arena cautiously, careful not to make any sounds that could give away her location. She scoured the branches of any trees nearby. If Fadran's hiding, he'll be in a tree. Oh, God, please let him be okay...

Once again asking if anyone wants to have an off-script interaction with her just for fun?