37 minutes ago, Archer said:

I do. What I'm trying to figure out is if we all have them, or if there's vanillas like Devo is claiming to be. 

Basically I get to ask dead people questions, but only if their alignment hasn't been officially confirmed. Which implies that that's a possibility. Also, it's unclear if they're allowed to lie. 

Is anyone else not an Epic? 

w-

why would u do this lol? xD we arent even 24 hours in

if you arent bluffing, you mightve just set yourself up for the NK

35 minutes ago, The Unknown Aon said:

I can confirm there aren't vanillas. Unless TJ has both a Regular role and a Vanilla role, which would be weird.

hmm. i will admit i am confused as to what youre implying. but um also dont elaborate if it gives too much away

29 minutes ago, Archer said:

Weren't you the one who said during Mat's game that the secrecy of blackout distros usually favor the elims?  Kas   Illwei

but i mean we probably should not be mass claiming yk :P 

35 minutes ago, Devotary of Spontaneity said:

I'd still expect a higher percentage of Epics than regulars to be elims. People being on the Corrupted Epics team without actually beings Epics would be funny though.

I'm waffling between this being e!you doubling down or this being the type of guess a vanillager would make. 

33 minutes ago, _Stick_ said:

w-

why would u do this lol? xD we arent even 24 hours in

if you arent bluffing, you mightve just set yourself up for the NK

Since it's a blackout game, I believe we need some level of claiming to get a sense of what the catch is (coughalsoMat'sgamewasverymechanicallysolvablecough). My initial assumption was that it was everyone had Epic powers, but TUA's defence of Devo was so indirect that it felt genuine. (Village points to them, by the way.)
If the elims want to kill me, go right ahead, but I was treating my role as basically an over-glorified vanilla. There's not much practical use for it besides keeping everyone honest in PMs and checking actions. I was going to have to reveal it eventually anyway if I was told something important.

1 hour ago, Archer said:

Weren't you the one who said during Mat's game that the secrecy of blackout distros usually favor the elims?  Kas   Illwei  

Just because the blackout of it all favors the elims compared to a standard game doesn't mean that being absolutely open about everything favors the village. Those aren't solutions for the other.

Confirming that there /are/ vanillas isn't the problem, the problem is that confirming who the vanillas/regulars are narrows down nk possibility for the Elims.

Any further regular claims will be treated as Elim claims from me.

Edit:

And one of the goals when making a game should be that if everyone roleclaims it can't be instantly locked into a solve. If it is, on the other hand, it's not really in the spirit of the game imo to try and solve it that way.

Edited by Illwei

Fiiiinally someone village reading me while I'm GMing :P 

Also, oh god you guys are really nitpicking the terminology xD Definitely fun to see you guys speculate, everyone should GM a blackout once, much recommend :P

Vote Count: 

Matrim's Dice (3): Kasimir, Araris Valerian, Ashbringer
Illwei (1): Archer
StrikerEZ (1): Szeth_Pancakes
Araris Valerian (1): Experience
Ashbringer (1): Devotary of Spontaneity
Tani (1): _Stick_
Archer (1): Thaidakar the Ghostblood
STINK (1): StrikerEZ
Thaidakar the Ghostblood (1): Matrim's Dice
Dannex (1): Illwei

Lemme know if something isn't right. Also, it's close to 4AM so I'm gonna peace out for the night. 

I’d be a little cautious nitpicking GM PMs. One, GMs are falliable, and Two, we’re not supposed to do that anymore :P

Rules

• Don’t use information about the wording, coloring, etc of your GM PM to make deductions about roles or alignments. 

(Mainly just Regular vs Vanilla, but still. Also out of context this sounds like we can’t deduct things about our own alignments. Heh.)

11 minutes ago, Ashbringer said:

I’d be a little cautious nitpicking GM PMs. One, GMs are falliable, and Two, we’re not supposed to do that anymore :P

(Mainly just Regular vs Vanilla, but still. Also out of context this sounds like we can’t deduct things about our own alignments. Heh.)

That is true. It is a easy line to step over and I may have been toeing it with banter.

1 hour ago, |TJ| said:

Fiiiinally someone village reading me while I'm GMing :P 

Also, oh god you guys are really nitpicking the terminology xD Definitely fun to see you guys speculate, everyone should GM a blackout once, much recommend :P

Maybe I should be elim reading you though. You know everyone’s alignments, don’t you? The elims are the ones who know everyone’s alignments.

Are there neutral roles? The only reason I’m even bothering asking this is because of the ‘factions’ section in the known rules being somewhat definite.

And seconded. Watching LG82 was my favorite GM for sure :P Archer said it was mechanically solvable but clearly the elims could survive attacks too, smh

12 minutes ago, STINK said:

I really thought this game was gonna have PMs ngl

Who’s to say it won’t by next cycle :ph34r: 

^Not a claim

~

I see no reason not to vote Dannnex

Edited by Matrim's Dice

8 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

So how much rp is this really? does it increase each cycle into more rp? should I introduce Endrik?

RP is optional and whenever. It’s in the writeups, and if you die your character will be used in those, but you can introduce your character now, next cycle, or never :) I’d guess you’ll go for the ‘now’ option, though :P 

16 minutes ago, STINK said:

I really thought this game was gonna have PMs ngl

Would you like to be sent a PM from a PM person? 

5 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

Maybe I should be elim reading you though. You know everyone’s alignments, don’t you? The elims are the ones who know everyone’s alignments.

And seconded. Watching LG82 was my favorite GM for sure :P Archer said it was mechanically solvable but clearly the elims could survive attacks too, smh

~

I see no reason not to vote Dannnex

I have a very specific theory that you didn't want to say 'TJ is evil because he's in the elim doc' because then we'd think you're in the elim doc too, so you said that instead.

And it wasn't a knock on your game. Technically both sides had the same abilities. But because they were all identical, there was potential for some clearing based on even general descriptions and people claiming their kills. This game is probably different, but that begs the question: what did TJ do that made this need to be blackout? 

1 minute ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

So how much rp is this really? does it increase each cycle into more rp? should I introduce Endrik?

If you want to RP, go ahead and post it. Preferably in italics. People keep it going as a side activity for when they're bored, or want to respond to the writeup or other RP. But since it has little impact on the game, I'd say it makes up less than 20% of the posted content? Some people get more into it than others and will convey suspicions and comments through RP, but it's really up to you how much you want to embrace it. 

2 minutes ago, Archer said:

If you want to RP, go ahead and post it. Preferably in italics. People keep it going as a side activity for when they're bored, or want to respond to the writeup or other RP. But since it has little impact on the game, I'd say it makes up less than 20% of the posted content? Some people get more into it than others and will convey suspicions and comments through RP, but it's really up to you how much you want to embrace it. 

thanks for the advice. as I understand this game I will get better at it.

Spoiler

Experience is Village
Araris is Village
Archer is Village

Stick is an Elim

Spoiler

Mat isn't teamed with Thaidikar
Danex isn't teamed with Thaidikar
Stick isn't teamed with Thaidikar
Experience isn't teamed with Araris
Experience isn't teamed with Archer
Ashbringer isn't teamed with Striker

Spoiler

Leaning village on ash for prodding striker when striker was viewing the thread. In reality it's pretty NAI but I like it nonetheless. 

Initial obligatory suspicion on Kas for trying to initiate "normalcy" in his play via "shuffle squat" with mat

Stick can be village for now

Stick is an Elim because her posts, despite interacting with people, don't seem to have any sort of thoughts behind them. A kind of idle banter that isn't idle banter at first glance but still is. Speaking without saying anything.

Regardless of if Archer's point on Mat is true, (I think it's not), I think the perspective he used in explaining his bizarre read comes from a good perspective.

You can't read into Stink wanting PMs, but it makes me wonder. If Stink is an elim I'd guess about how many elims had checked in by then, because I would assume maybe a team of 5, which is people to talk to a bit.

Edited by Illwei
Ease of reading edits?

45 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

So how much rp is this really?

As has already been said but I just wanna say it again cause I also gotta get in on this hustle but it's however much RP you want it to be. You can write massive RP posts if you want and no-ones gonna stop you, or you do no RP and no-ones gonna stop you. Some games will incentivise RP through the game mechanics, and for all we know this game could have something like that as well :P 

35 minutes ago, Archer said:

Would you like to be sent a PM from a PM person? 

Who doesn't tbh

8 minutes ago, Illwei said:

You can't read into Stink wanting PMs, but it makes me wonder. If Stink is an elim I'd guess about how many elims had checked in by then, because I would assume maybe a team of 5, which is people to talk to a bit. 

Ok but why is this in box 3

What kinda game show is this

41 minutes ago, Archer said:

I have a very specific theory that you didn't want to say 'TJ is evil because he's in the elim doc' because then we'd think you're in the elim doc too, so you said that instead.

And it wasn't a knock on your game. Technically both sides had the same abilities. But because they were all identical, there was potential for some clearing based on even general descriptions and people claiming their kills. This game is probably different, but that begs the question: what did TJ do that made this need to be blackout? 

Ah come on, surely you know that e!me doesn’t think things like that through and also doesn’t care too much about wordings like that

Tbh I think v!me would be more likely to reword something because it looks elimmy than e!me but that’s a weird piece of self meta from someone who’s bad at self meta, take that with a grain of salt if you take it at all xD

I know it wasn’t a knock at my game, and get what you’re saying.

I don’t necessarily think there has to be something that makes it be mandatory that it’s blackout, though there probably is. 

Edited by Matrim's Dice

2 minutes ago, Experience said:

hmm.

people PM me if you can, I want to talk to ya'll.

no new thoughts, other than mental note to look back at illwei if stick ends up flipping elim. also if dannnex flips elim.

Why is your first thought that I would immediately vote my teammates right off the bat on d1?