7 minutes ago, Mint Heron said:

This discussion was not random. Harmless wordings turned into monsters in the dark, but there was always reasoning, no matter how flimsy it may seem. Even the inclination of ones gut was enough to send a vote for the most terrible of executions. He agreed that they could not, should not, refrain from acting, but it was a bloody business. You could not simply vote for fun. This was a solemn duty, and not one to make light of. The innkeeper's jovial attitude was completely out of place.

"he ate my horse"

38 minutes ago, Melon Dingo said:

Scimon Tlag smiled. "Praise the Ja!" he said, slightly louder. He had to think of something else to say... what would a Jaist - Ja-ist? - would want to buy.

Someone else caught his eye. What was their name again... Dyring. Inn owner, gambler, mauvian, and apparently history fact connoisseur. Tlag was a bit miffed that people only wanted to gather those - he had much more to offer. But it was a starting place in a buyer's market. He'd get them eventually. Now gambling, Tlag had some experience in.

"Dyring! Good to see you. You'd like to purchase by gambling? I'd be happy to, if you've got a method, but I'm not sure what it would be," he said warmly.

He paused a moment. "Praise the Ja." Best to keep some options open.

Dyring's over that way

But my proposal is simple

We settle on one or more things worth betting about

If I win you provide one (1) random history fact

If you win I provide something of your liking

Boxings, if you wish, or a random fact on a different subject perhaps, or maybe some assorted knick knacks including but not limited to allomantic vials, metalminds, foodstuffs, miscellaneous investiture, and a one lightly used (like new) shiv

24 minutes ago, Emerald Falcon said:

ignoring thread discussion isn't "doing nothing"

there's a difference between selectively responding to things that aren't relevant or only concern you, and just solidly RPing. Yeah, Elims can hide through RP, but that's a different matter entirely from selective responses.

In that case would you care to give a response when I ask a third time what relevant things you think I've been ignoring :P

2 minutes ago, Onyx Flamingo said:

With a sigh, Edeis turned her attention back to Dyring. "I'm not sure I agree with you. Mauve Crocodile is being quite defensive, don't you think?"

I do think so, yes :P

I believe in being proactive about these things

And as a villager I have every reason to be defensive

As far as I'm concerned my execution is possibly the least productive outcome for this turn :P

In some ways it's even easier to defend myself as a villager cuz I already have a strong prior knowledge that the folks voting for me are mistaken about things

That is all thank u for coming to my TED Talk

16 minutes ago, Onyx Flamingo said:

I am... sick 

But you could be fire!

1 hour ago, Emerald Falcon said:

Nothing much

Reveal hidden contents

Starts off with talking about the last tyrian setup, LG74. NAI. You could say that there's something in the whole "thinking the distro is similar" because it encourages people to think that there's going to be an Elim seeker and no village.

But then if that were the case, they wouldn't follow it up by talking about how the village probably has two seekers. I very much doubt that.

I think the seeker arc here from iguana is honestly the most interesting thing, because it's a major thing in the inital D1 discussion. He furthers talking about how the seeker doesn't benefit the elims. At this point can it be taken as the first post is a slip about the elim team role composition, and the further posts are agenda-driven?

yeahhhhhh no

but... then we continue on and he says lurchers aren't important.... this is what I was talking about before.

At this point we're halfway through the small amount of posts, and I still have nothing I'd find that stands out as village, and a few things that feel very agenda driven in terms of steering the village away from certain power roles.

- Comments on Hyena having a lot of time (shade)

- but then we have the iconic few sentences that just are a really good take and I don't know where to go from it.

more comments about the lurcher

Everything they say continues to not really...be anything. the only read  they've given is on pearl, and that was even not fully formed it feels.

Expresses distrust of Magenta, but doesn't pursue it. calls them out for not being married to their vote, then immediately relates it to "many" others and yet doesn't talk about the "others" or even them any more.

I
I honestly don't understand this sentence here. the one after "seems like you're playing hy ena seek"

it's all a jumble of things but most importantly i guess "hedging"

Tells Pearl to vote him. Interesting, but understandable in an objective sense. on the other hand, could be framed as either e/e with swan, or whantot.

I don't like the effort clears on Vulture and Meerkat. I choose to believe meerkat is village because. well. lol. but Vulture can go either way. Effort isn't alignment indicative and the moment you choose to believe it is Elims start winning, because if all you have to do is post a pbp where you can't even understand what's going on, but yeah.

The lack of reaction to a wagon is concerning

What's the votecount at right now? Honestly i have no reason to village read iguana much but I don't think that warrants a kill. Say you "but then we don't kill anyone!" but when you make arguments like that you have to be arguing in bad faith, knowing that it doesn't quite work like that. I'm looking at you, uh. Mauve ? or. Swan ? um. One of you two.

I'm impressed!

I see any post without the name of someone else in it as more NAI than not, namely rules discussion. You can frame it as me trying to mislead you into not being worried enough about Spiked Lurchers, but it'd be a high profile move for little gain if I was. 

About the Chameleon note, I imagine the Spiked do have some idea of who a potential fall person might be. Earlier in the round, Chameleon was probably it because a number of people suspected them for over-explaining their vote on me. They would likely rather a predictable outcome than risk a situation where one or two sudden vote shifts can cause them to lose one of their own to the execution.

4 hours ago, Mauve Crocodile said:

Hypothetically, how would you feel about switching together onto Dingo?

ok so dingo was on my 'lol performative idc if u die' list

but i need to re-evaluate the situation

as i see that there has been

two pages

two mcfreakin' pages

since i gave up

and let the painkillers take me to the land of slumber

and out of paranoia spirals

i am also

in principle

suspicious when

people ask me to start a new train

i am not especially invested in

saving the existing trains

so then i have to ask

why

is there an ulterior motive

and so on

which brings me to the question of do i trust u

which is perhaps the nature of the beast

in this game where ur bros betray u

all the time

then they are not ur bros

anymore

i think if i am to be fair this would indicate i am not so suspicious of dingo speaking from the end point the point i gave up on paranoia spiralling and went to sleep that i would trust u and vote with u on dingo and that u do is by the nature of vote solicitation alone something that inspires reflexive distrust which in my view fits with the fact my last read had dingo as trying to stay under the radar by contributing once and saying

as far as i can assess

nothing of note (but this situation has changed and thus i have two threads to take in)

CC for sake of CC bad

im going to say this is a potayto/potahto difference

in essence i think CC requires a specific set of circumstances to work n people are not always careful about those circumstances

n when they are not i do think it is suspicious

and yes this does commit me to the view CC for sake of CC bad 

2 hours ago, Amethyst Scorpion said:

Some elim teams defend teammates stronger and earlier than others. A two vote lead 12 hours before the turn ends with numerous available alternatives is not an overwhelming threat to an elim Pearl, especially as they hadn't even voted. Until people start consolidating votes a lack of a strong defense isn't clearing. With so many more villagers than elims in this stage of the game, attempts by the elims to save a teammate Pearl would blend into the background. Violet encouraging Coral to vote for an alternative target (Turquoise), Chartreuse not liking the Pearl train, even Coral being suspicious of Pearl but not wanting to vote for any of their D1 reads could be a defense and we wouldn't know for sure until they're all dead. If Cham is village, the elims could have been anywhere at this point.

this is a fair point

i felt that there was little 'energy' or 'investment' in stopping the cham train

but u r right it could be a team profile thing

i need to have a think

i'm going to be very honest that i probably cannot make a decision in time for rollover

as duty calls and i must answer and i don't think i have the time

to read and properly catch up

but i will make a try of it

farewell all

Yo

Spoiler

On 1/4/2022 at 0:16 AM, Mauve Crocodile said:

Let it be known that I predict this game is all vanilla with a single mistborn :)

You have earned one half (½) of a Village Point!

I don't think an elim would sort elim!coinshot and elim!mistborn into the same bucket. Both are possible, but one is a much bigger deal than the other.

How do you mean? I can't really figure a correspondence between Lurchers and Seekers rn.

The strange village read that doesn't make any sense. You can argue those come from town but sometimes you have to wonder.

On 1/4/2022 at 1:01 AM, Mauve Crocodile said:

I had anticipated my vote would be the second one to land on Chameleon, but as you can see I haven't retracted it on account of it actually being the third.

Sorry for that, Chameleon.

You will have to take me at my word when I say I am someone who believes that D1 votes should have teeth. Or beaks, I suppose, if you are an octopus. The sooner the vote becomes something where people can actually envision a particular outcome for, and maybe react to that outcome, the better.

If anyone doesn't like that there are three votes on Chameleon right now, well then I urge them to cast a vote for someone else :D except me

I think this is an overexplaination for something that doesn't make sense really. "sorry" and "as you can see I haven't retracted it" aren't things that I ever get why someone who is village would say.

On 1/4/2022 at 4:55 PM, Mauve Crocodile said:

[1] On the one hand, if you think it's E/E than my name really ought be in red, no?

On the other hand, most of the contents of this read are factually incorrect.

On the anatomically dubious third hand, you posted a reads list! Which, this early, is worth one (1) Village Point in my fraying and ill-kept ledger. Coming up with reads this early is hard, but it's even harder for an evilperson, methinks.

[2] I can't entirely verbalize why but this feels sussy to me. Would you care to explain why we are likely to gain information from a coinshot kill, assuming there is a coinshot and that for one reason or another they are the sort of coinshot who would ignore Pearl's request?

[3] pinky promise?

[4] If in conclusion Hyena is your strongest elim read, then why are you voting for somebody else? :\

Unless I am mistaken, both Hyena and Vulture had exactly one vote on them at the time of your writing this, so I don't think it can be that.

That is an interesting take. My experience is that villagers are rather more likely than anyone else to be a bit pessimistic and paranoid about the eliminator team composition.

[1] This is the response to the read on them, which i don't think is very useful in terms of anything. Are they trying to push the person making the reads? but then they supply a village read for simply making reads? again this is the second village read we've seen and it's for an incredibly...not even questionable, but there have been more posts before this, and they aren't much acknoledged or given reads on people based on those? I know that the next post up is their reads list though.

[2] I didn't read this sentence before labeling it with a number but there's not even anything to say to this: filler. Coinshots are deadly alignment scanners. that's the info?

[3] "pinky promise" is just. not doing anything. either you believe them or you don't.

[4] As mentioned below, this is pretty contradictory. Of course they can say otherwise i suppose. when they don't label people with actual reads they can change them to be what they want it to be.

21 hours ago, Mauve Crocodile said:

Amber Vulture
   ? was up for vote for a little bit mid-cycle, didn't feel like anyone was too motivated to exe them or to save them

Charcoal Hyena
    + made the effort to share a reads list early, even if I don't agree with it

Chartreuse Penguin
   "edit: this is a weird question Hyena, but why didn't you write Plum Rhinoceros' name in bold under the inactives' list while everyone else's name is bolded? :eyes:" feels like a village brand of overanalyzing

Coral Swan
   finding "village slip" in a post by chameleon, even if I don't actually agree that the statement in question was alignment indicative
   repeatedly not voting in accord with their own suspicion list
   having a pretty good explanation for why they did the above
   + reads list

Oxblood Beagle
   vote feels moderately opportunistic

Pearl Chameleon
   first paragraph of first post is asking village coinshots to hold off on shooting for now

Saffron Iguana
   ? idk every time I ask them to elaborate on a thought process it feels NAI

Salmon Meerkat
   + quality PM conversationalist
   - threatened to smack me

Scarlet Octopus
   + properly paranoid

Turquoise Gorilla
   ½ village point for treating elim!coinshot and elim!mistborn the same in roles analysis, which feels unrealistic for a genuine eliminator, unless it is acting

Violet Axolotl
   trying to persuade people onto a train, you only tend to do that if you really believe to some extent that your vote is the best option and are willing to own the consequences

Again, pretty reads list, but not sure what the conclusions are, and this makes it pretty easy to change what the conclusions are to what fits thread at the time of asking. And of these they now want to vote on zebra? Doesn't this feel a bit contradictory with the last post where they asked why that person wasn't voting Hyena?

I again have a problem with those who seem to only extrapolate reads from posts with supposed "content" such as pushes or pulls or.....no. Not pulls.

Hypothetically, how would you feel about switching together onto Dingo?

One of the few things the village has going for it is that it’s quite difficult to move a vote subtly. You are required to put it in red :P

And unless they are quite a bit more organized than I am I anticipate that they haven’t planned or prepared much of anything so far. The game is yet young.

CC for sake of CC bad

Hypothetically, how would you feel about switching together onto Iguana?

Asks about switching to dingo, then complains about CCs? mrrr. and then iguana but eh. There's like one answer for why this is a post and even then I'm not sure it's a good one.

How many piano tuners would you say there are in New York?

How many evilpersons would you say there are in Tyrian Falls?

What color are your eyes?

What color is your alignment?

Pineapple on pizza?

A post that gave me pause at first, but then didn't. relevant questions? Aren't even relevant. Old distro discussion, not useful. Color of alignment? Phishing and not really helpful in facing anything. at most clutters thread with talk of pizza. Which it did.

3 hours ago, Mauve Crocodile said:

Smhhhh you're making me look profligate, I don't award Village Points that easy! This is the first day, we're practically in a Village Point recession! I only gave Gorilla one half (½) Village Point! Do ya think Village Points grow on trees? They don't.*

Anyways with all due respect, I can and will ignore the parts of the discussion that I don't find relevant or interesting. That includes, but is not limited to, the vast majority of any D1 roles analysis. If there is anything in particular you want to say is important that I should comment on, I will hear you out, but as of right now I really don't feel that I've left anything unsaid.

*Like paper money, which is mostly made of cotton and not wood pulp, Village Points actually grow on bushes.

No, actually.

Almost the opposite, really.

Not that I have anything more than my word to prove it.

The weights on the various + and - aren't particularly equal.

I could put a number between 1-10 next to the + and the - to signify but more than half of those would be pulled straight from my behind at this point so I didn't bother.

I will note that conventional formats are at least as imprecise in their own ways and that if you think I designed it to be nefarious you might be in a tunnel

I'm not in a tunnel, look at my reads. didn't i express other opinions on other people? including elim reads? I simply see nothing really from your posts that makes me think you're village, which is something i personally pride myself on normally. Is a part of it the anon account? maybe, but that's pretty irrelevant.

2 hours ago, Mauve Crocodile said:

Ey @Pearl Chameleon thoughts on voting Zebra?

Also @Salmon Meerkat same question

Another one of these posts. The purpose being? this isn't a post like RP where you can say "why do i need a purpose" because you obviously meant something. What did you get?  Why did you get? What were you hoping for? are among the questions that should be answered when you try something.

1 hour ago, Mauve Crocodile said:

Since when has anyone here done enough to deserve to die? :P

Anyway, it isn't always about doing something. Aren't you the one whose main serious accusation against me was that I was ignoring thread discussion? (which by the by I would still like to know what discussion you think I've been ignoring if that is the case) Is ignoring discussion doing something or rather not doing something? What gives?

Zebra has posted three times, I'm pretty sure they are around, but has not said anything about the game. Which, is fine, but it's also a pretty textbook place to find wolfs.

As you can see, I haven't voted Zebra... yet... But I am definitely going to sound out other people and consider it.

EDIT: On that subject @Quartz Zebra feel free to weigh in on the subject of your potential demise :P

And the point is deserving to die. Deserving here not a good word but a word none the less. Using phrases like that is an easy out for Elims. you can say "who doesn't deserve to die" and then vote whoever you want, trying to absolve yourself of blame. CCs and voting whoever should be used when there's nothing else. as long as you have even a little idea of a case on someone it should be enough to choose them over a basically complete inactive.

13 minutes ago, Mauve Crocodile said:

I believe in being proactive about these things

And as a villager I have every reason to be defensive

As far as I'm concerned my execution is possibly the least productive outcome for this turn :P

In some ways it's even easier to defend myself as a villager cuz I already have a strong prior knowledge that the folks voting for me are mistaken about things

That is all thank u for coming to my TED Talk

"Your execution being the least possible outcome" can't be a thought I can see a Villager having. fourth sentence is true, but if so, what are you getting from it? what does it tell you about the people who are mistaken? are they mistaken or malicious? you've been playing incredibly passively and not even passively. Just. Barely in thread really. All by yourself meandering along occasionally hearing your name and chiming in.

So, What didn't you take part in? you tell me. Your comments are limited to responses about you and prodding people see if they'd vote someone. that's what I see. Correct me where I'm wrong. The other two times I see anything else relevant is providing two nonsense village reads, and a readslist that is incomprehensible without a solid conclusion statement.

it is interesting to me that neither gorilla nor crocodile have thus far self-presed

i expect to see self-pres kick in soon

i am not sure if my distrust of crocodile comes from the train solicitation as that really didn't sit well with me 

as it stands i don't feel very invested in saving either gorilla or crocodile 

the move off cham is interesting because i am more pessimistic than crocodile — one way cham could be an elim is if another elim were voting on cham, which possibly lightly commits me to evil croc if i think cham is also evil

i take scorp's point and one reason i looked at the other trains is i do wonder if the seeming lack of investment on cham was due to the use of splinter train tactics which as scorp points out would blend nicely in with the village

i am pleased to hear more from 

some of our more quiet players 

thanks be to Warmmha

Turquoise Gorilla(3): Violet Axolotl, Coral Swan, Scarlet Octopus

Mauve Crocodile(3): Fuchsia Ostrich, Emerald Falcon, Onyx Flamingo

Saffron Iguana(3):  Pearl Chameleon, Mauve Crocodile, Magenta Albatross

Charcoal Hyena(2): Salmon Meerkat, Chartreuse Penguin,

Coral Swan(2): Oxblood Beagle, Turquoise Gorilla,

Pearl Chameleon(1): Amethyst Scorpion, 

Violet Axolotl(1): Mint Heron, 

Amethyst Scorpion(1): Charcoal Hyena, 

Saffron Iguana 

I don't even know what to say about my vote. 3 way tie could be interesting, though Iguana can easily self save as they haven't voted. Vote manip could also shake things up and provide information or not. We've had lots of vote shifting today, most of which was hard for me to keep up on while at work and then having limited time to try to analyze things. All three of them have been active so I think any of them being exed is going to give us some sort of information at least.

7 minutes ago, Salmon Meerkat said:

some of our more quiet players 

To call me a quiet player is a disgrace to all good in this world

2 minutes ago, Magenta Albatross said:

though Iguana can easily self save as they haven't voted

All three of them are capable of self-presing. Mauve can go on gorilla, Gorilla can go anywhere, Iguana can go anywhere. Why iguana in particular?

1 minute ago, Emerald Falcon said:

To call me a quiet player is a disgrace to all good in this world

All three of them are capable of self-presing. Mauve can go on gorilla, Gorilla can go anywhere, Iguana can go anywhere. Why iguana in particular?

i look forward to eating my words & hearing ur voice more, falcon =) 

i very much appreciate ur recent posts 

2 minutes ago, Emerald Falcon said:

You are correct now that I look, but since Iguana was who I was voting for they were the one I mentioned in specific, and they were the only one of the three without an active vote.

8 minutes ago, Magenta Albatross said:

I don't even know what to say about my vote. 3 way tie could be interesting, though Iguana can easily self save as they haven't voted. Vote manip could also shake things up and provide information or not. We've had lots of vote shifting today, most of which was hard for me to keep up on while at work and then having limited time to try to analyze things. All three of them have been active so I think any of them being exed is going to give us some sort of information at least.

Are you also a letter thief, because Y. 

Albatross 

Edited by Saffron Iguana

Just now, Turquoise Gorilla said:

I really don't want to see either Croc or me exed, so I've gotta go with Iguana. Sorry bud - I've been reading you pretty null throughout the turn, but I don't want either me or my top village read to die here.

How about we compromise on some Crocodile Tears? I realized my gut reaction wasn't the smartest move there. 

Crocodile

So the Pearl votes have completely dissolved and now it's Turquoise and Mauve tied at three. Now, Saffron is also up there. The Mauve votes feel like they happened suddenly even though the first vote was a while ago. Fuchsia had a bad gut read of Mauve, Onyx thought they were being defensive, Emerald has detailed and more aggressive than I'd expect an elim to be willing to be reasoning to vote Mauve. The wanting to go for Quartz instead of Saffron or Pearl, or Gorilla, or any other less active, is the more pertinent detail. Turquoise is fun because they were reading Pearl and Mauve as village back when those were viable alternatives, and also didn't think much of voting for Charcoal, all of which limit their options. Nothing stops multiple of those from being evil. Saffron pushes a revenge vote on someone with none despite being tied for the lead, which strikes me as wrong. Gorilla has now voted. I don't like getting ties on purpose. I don't feel great about Saffron. I really don't like this late minute push on them so I'll vote Pearl Chameleon, Turquoise Gorilla and see what hapens.

Night 1: The Ring Tightens

Ischarus Loenthal, Lord of Tyrian Falls, fingered his silver ring anxiously. He had been told many times, by many people, that the ring was a mistake. A Coinshot will kill you instantly with that. A Lurcher can make you lose a finger. Silver is Allomantically useless! Still, he turned it over and over in his palm, taking it off, putting it on, watching the glint of the ruby and sapphire design twinkle in his field of vision. Blood and water, fire and ice, and perhaps in recent days, mistwraiths and koloss. And a dull grey, the ash, surrounding it all. He wondered if his father had left him the ring as a sort of reminder before he went to his early grave, a sign as to how the storm ahead should be weathered. If so, it was a terribly unclear one. 

All of Tyrian Falls had heard the news of the advancing koloss by now, of course. The panic had set in, and Loenthal had done nothing to prevent it, mainly because he knew he couldn’t. Still, the small guilds of Allomancers gave him a quiet confidence. Metals were in abundance, and a few Coinshots could probably tear the army to shreds, if pressed into it. He looked at his box of letters, stuffed full of missives from the Tineyes. The emotional Allomancers had agreed to make a few ethical concessions and calm the populace in the event of a koloss assault, and the Thugs, Coinshots and Lurchers had promised front-line aid. He assumed the Smokers and Seekers were up to something, though the Lord Ruler only knew what. Though he was dead now, which is why the whole mess had started. A bunch of rusting skaa! He kicked the leg of his desk in frustration, and wished he hadn’t as a small cloud of ash blossomed up from the floor. The ashmounts were getting active enough that the stuff was permanently indoors. As if Tyrian didn’t have enough to worry about. The red in his ring seemed to twinkle a little more brightly. He sighed, slumping in his chair. 

He was halfway through the latest batch of Tineye reports when he heard hurried footsteps in the hallway. Frowning and once again taking off his ring, flipping it around, Loenthal peered at the door. The feet were coming closer, and did not sound familiar. Throwing the flimsy wooden bolt—metal was just asking for Coinshot tampering—he grabbed a dueling cane and pivoted, holding the point up. In the other hand, he clutched the ring, as if it held some kind of charm to ward against the chaos outside. A softer pair of footsteps reached the door, and a finger reached through the small gap between door and frame, pushing back the bolt. Loenthal grabbed a shield and raised his cane, but faltered, thunderstruck, when instead of masked assailants, there came a weeping boy of five or so years, clutching at his leg. “Lord Ischarus, don’t let the mistwraiths get me! Don’t let them get me!” 

Loenthal shushed the boy, trying to get him to calm his breathing. “You’re okay. There are no mistwraiths here.” He was baffled, but relieved. Better this than a full-scale assault of koloss. “What’s your name? Where are your parents, little one?” 

The boy paid no heed, squeezing the leg even more tightly and pointing down the corridor where he came from. “Mistwraiths!” he shrieked, and burst into complete hysterics. Loenthal whipped his head around and cursed in every language he knew. Three men, their faces hidden in dark cloaks, were rushing towards him down the hallway. A shower of coins preceded them, and Loenthal threw his shield in front of the child, scattering the bulk of them. He yelped as a stray boxing hit him squarely in the eye, sending a spurt of blood running down his face. His free hand went to staunch the flow, and the ring, pressed into his palm, fell clattering on the floor, the gemstones now clouded. 

His assailants entered the room, and a mad flurry of blows ensued. The first man drew a long steel spike from his sleeve and thrust at the child again, ignoring Loenthal. Moving his shield, he defended the foolish boy again, who had stopped to pick up the ring, seemingly oblivious to the dangers of the “mistwraiths” in the face of a shiny jewel. So these were the new Spiked the rumours spoke of. Loenthal braced his teeth, blocking the second blow with his dueling cane and letting the blood flow freely from his eye socket. He squinted, reversed the cane, and got a satisfying hit, but he couldn’t defend himself and the child, and these men were clearly trained, as the Spiked barely flinched. The third man came in, simply grabbed the wooden shield, and pulled. Whatever he did, it was too much; the shield broke in two, and the motion sent Loenthal flying away from the child. His body collided with the stack of Tineye reports, scattering the parchment and leaving his bloodied frame splayed across the desk. The Spiked paid him no further mind. They surrounded the child, who now held aloft the two-jewelled ring, as if it were a ward against the evil he faced. 

No. He wasn’t holding the ring. It was floating above his hand, and somehow the gems in it were glowing. Matted as his one eye was with blood, Loenthal saw the Spiked subconsciously retreat. He was as confused as they were. Then the ring was no longer a ring but a blur, a red and blue streak of light which zipped around the child, drawing an ever-expanding perimeter of death. The Spiked cowered, the Mistings presumably too disoriented to help, and two of the three fled back down the hall. The third was kneeling, eyes downcast and shield raised, the ring repeatedly thumping into its thick centre. The steel spike lay discarded by his side. Loenthal, seeing the confusion, rose groggily, blood still leaking from his eye, and took the child’s hand. “Come on, let’s go!” he said. The ring zipped back to the child’s hand, and he allowed himself to be led by the hand to the bookcase in the back. The Spiked leader rose, hatred in his eyes, but unwilling to approach further without backup. He clutched the spike with whitened knuckles. “Your town will pay, Lord Ischarus. It will crumble before the might of Ruin.”

Loenthal was too tired for a witty retort. He flipped the bookshelf’s secret lever, opening the wall panel to the outside. “Perhaps. But you’re getting through us first. An eye for an eye, Spiked. Remember that.” He spat the blood which had trickled into his mouth from his wound, and the Spiked sneered, preparing to lunge. The child, back to clinging against his leg, jumped through the aperture, and Loenthal followed quickly, slamming it shut. There was a satisfying snack as it hit the Spiked’s head on the other side. He turned to the child. “Let’s get out of here while he’s out cold. We need to bring this matter to the village.”

The village was in shambles. 

Loenthal was too poor to have real servants, but secretaries and other functionaries who normally came to the house had seen the carnage and reported him missing, and the whole town was practically in the street adjoining the inn owned by old Dyring, discussing the matter heatedly. There was a general consensus that something had to be done, and without Loenthal, who was probably dead, but just what that was varied from person to person. Wilson’s report was unclear, and the nature of the spiked “saboteurs” still vague, but several voices called immediately for murder, Dyring himself not least among them. After a brief fixation on a vacillating fellow in pearl, they dragged the old Obligator, Riggs, forward.

When a tired, ragged, and surprisingly fatherly Lord Ischarus demanded an explanation for what happened next in the early evening hours upon his return, few could say. Some were caught up in the heat of argument. Others saw the faded Obligator tattoos, the fine mauve coat, and associated this old oppressor with the new ones bearing down on them, seemingly unafraid to attack the Lord of the town in broad daylight. Safety was only in numbers, and the people would decide who was guilty. And hadn’t Riggs been drunkenly shouting his wares and scamming people at his gambling for a while now? Surely if there was a no-good rascal who stood to benefit from an exterior force’s invasion, it was an opportunist like him. He was too insistent on his own way, he was too insincere when his head wasn’t in a glass of ale, which even Dyring stopped serving him after a few rounds. Emotions were high. Minds were clouded with drink and religious fervour, the Ja’s name being bandied about in the midst of the shouting over guilt and koloss and spikes, always spikes.

Rash actions happened. And so it was that when the dust from the scuffle in the inn cleared away, it was Riggs’ gaze, sightless and clouded, which gazed accusingly up at the townsfolk from the floor now pooling with his blood. 

A day passed. The koloss drew nearer. And not a spike could be found on the body of the first victim of madness. 

Mauve Crocodile was a Vanilla Villager!

Vote Count
Mauve Crocodile (4): Emerald Falcon, Fuchsia Ostrich, Onyx Flamingo, Saffron Iguana
Saffron Iguana (3): Magenta Albatross, Mauve Crocodile, Pearl Chameleon, Turquoise Gorilla
Turquoise Gorilla (3): Amethyst Scorpion, Coral Swan, Scarlet Octopus, Violet Axolotl
Charcoal Hyena (2): Chartreuse Penguin, Salmon Meerkat
Amethyst Scorpion (1): Charcoal Hyena
Coral Swan (1): Oxblood Beagle
Violet Axolotl (1): Mint Heron

Player List
1. Amber Vulture
2. Amethyst Scorpion - Sidor, newly resigned Hazekiller (Guardsman)
3. Azure Mouse
4. Charcoal Hyena
5. Chartreuse Penguin - Aethex (Jester)
6. Coral Swan - Su (Jaist)
7. Emerald Falcon
8. Fuchsia Ostrich - Freddie (Glutton)
9. Ivory Dragonfly (Unlucky)
10. Magenta Albatross (Past Lives)
11. Mauve Crocodile (Gambler) Vanilla Villager
12. Melon Dingo - Scimon Tlag (Merchant)
13. Mint Heron - Tivend Elons (Casanova)
14. Onyx Flamingo (Gossip/Casanova)
15. Opal Lion
16. Oxblood Beagle
17. Pearl Chameleon (Secret :) )
18. Plum Rhinoceros (Prophet-ish)
19. Quartz Zebra (Drunk/Jaist)
20. Saffron Iguana (Helpful Heckler)
21. Salmon Meerkat - Kellehrt, local farmer and possible madman
22. Sapphire Elephant
23. Scarlet Octopus (Neat, Extremist Priest)
24. Sunburst Toucan
25. Turquoise Gorilla (Game Show Host)
26. Violet Axolotl - Dyring (Neat Innkeeper)

PMs are open. Night 1 will end in ~22-23 hours, at 10 PM EST. Remember to use only your anon account, include both GMs in all your PMs, and if you want to send in a writeup for your own death feel free. Also go shower @Elbereth with upvotes for tolerating my long writeups and doing the mechanical legwork to keep this game moving :P 

All the clarifications from the past Day (mostly involving emotional allomancy), which have also been edited into the OP:

Spoiler

Emotional Allomancy
- Seeking a Smoked target will have a result of “your target was Smoked” (for role and alignment both).
- If a Rioter is Smoked, their own vote will not be cancelled (and the Riot will still go through).
- If a Rioter and a Soother try to move and cancel the same vote, the vote is moved and cancelled (with an effective net result of just cancelled, plus the Rioter’s own vote being cancelled).
- Rioting someone’s vote onto a Smoked player works as normal.
- Smoking can be activated on the Day or Night turn, and will apply that turn and the following one. It cannot be activated more than once in a numbered cycle. (e.g. it could not be activated more than once in C3, but could be activated N2 and then D3 - in which case the D3 order would supersede the N2 order)
- Soothing or Rioting a Smoked player does not move that player’s vote. The Rioter’s own vote will still be cancelled.
- Two Riots on the same target will ‘cancel out’ and the target’s vote will stay in place.
- A Riot can be used to move a player’s vote to a no-vote, but not from no vote onto a player.
- A Smoker’s coppercloud is on by default, and they must submit an action to turn it off.

Other
- A Tineye who is killed at Night will still have their message appear in the writeup at the start of the next Day (along with their dead body).
- The way Mistborn rolls work is that if the first roll turns up a metal that the Mistborn has already had, we roll again and use that second roll (no matter what it is). Once a Mistborn has had all eight metals, the metals-to-reroll-on list is reset to nothing. 

Good luck! :ph34r: 

Edited by Elbereth

Hey Swan, do you get your fortune told by a magical crone, because we've both been reading books by Anthony Horo(scope)witch. 

This post and vote from Scorpion:

So the Pearl votes have completely dissolved and now it's Turquoise and Mauve tied at three. Now, Saffron is also up there. The Mauve votes feel like they happened suddenly even though the first vote was a while ago. Fuchsia had a bad gut read of Mauve, Onyx thought they were being defensive, Emerald has detailed and more aggressive than I'd expect an elim to be willing to be reasoning to vote Mauve. The wanting to go for Quartz instead of Saffron or Pearl, or Gorilla, or any other less active, is the more pertinent detail. Turquoise is fun because they were reading Pearl and Mauve as village back when those were viable alternatives, and also didn't think much of voting for Charcoal, all of which limit their options. Nothing stops multiple of those from being evil. Saffron pushes a revenge vote on someone with none despite being tied for the lead, which strikes me as wrong. Gorilla has now voted. I don't like getting ties on purpose. I don't feel great about Saffron. I really don't like this late minute push on them so I'll vote Pearl Chameleon, Turquoise Gorilla and see what hapens.

Had the same timing and style as evil Heron's from LG79 D3.

OOC: It is currently a tie. I guess I am the one who has to decide who dies this turn. Of the three candidates for the exe, I only really truly suspect Tuatara. Though that is mostly because of early D1 things and a tone that just rubs me the wrong way still. I don't really suspect Beagle at all, and I personally think that the Beagle train is likely a reaction to Hyena getting a train on them out of nowhere. Convenient that Hyena shows up out of nowhere right as a train forms on him, yes? I think I am going to vote for....

Wow, okay, a lot just happened. Okay, after that all sorts itself out, my points still stand. I think I am going to vote for Hyena. Most of my suspicion for Tuatara has been driven by their first post in the game, and I really don't think they have done much to suspect since then. Though I am suspicious of their vote on Beagle. But I think, based solely on votes and timing of this turn, Hyena is our best bet.

So I don't trust it. 

I also disliked Albatross' vote because it was cast to make a tie, not because they had reasonable suspicions of me. But I hadn't yet cast my vote, so Albatross' approach could not be in defence of one of the leading candidates because they had to know I would vote in self preservation and possibly put their teammate in even more danger if I was threatened. So I tried going after them, then thought better of it and saved my own reptilian skin. Sorry, Crocodile. Your reads list formatting really was pretty. 

There are a couple of options for what those manipulations mean. He have at least two vote manips, that is true beyond doubt. They could be two soothers, one soother and a rioter who moved on to a smoked target, thus canceling their vote and having no other effect, or two rioters who went on to smoked targets. I have opinions, but little time. More in an hour or so.

12 minutes ago, Saffron Iguana said:

Had the same timing and style as evil Heron's from LG79 D3.

I'm not Mint Heron who was one of the people who broke a tie D4 of LG 79, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. I didn't think Mauve should die and moved my vote to one of the two places it could have made a difference. I chose Turquoise over you because I was wary of Magenta and then Turquoise showing up last minute, but I was also there at the end and Turquoise wouldn't have voted for Mauve after supporting them earlier so I can't expect much else. How about everyone else who was around for rollover and didn't have their vote on one of the three main trains? Especially @Melon Dingo who was demonstrably there but didn't vote at all?