@Emerald Falcon Were you thinking of the fact that I have PM'd you? 

I think I am going to switch my vote from Coral Swan back to Saffron Iguana. The discussion about why Swan voted the way they did and some PM discussions has made me rethink my suspicion of Swan and be willing to vote on someone who does not have any votes on them. I will move my vote from Iguana if it looks like that train will not go anywhere near the end of the turn.

Also, here is an updated vote count:

Turquoise Gorilla [3]: Violet Axolotl, Coral Swan, Scarlet Octopus
Pearl Chameleon [2]: Mauve Crocodile, Amethyst Scorpion
Charcoal Hyena [2]: Chartreuse Penguin, Salmon Meerkat
Coral Swan [2]: Oxblood Beagle, Turquoise Gorilla
Mauve Crocodile [2]: Emerald Falcon, Fuchsia Ostrich
Amethyst Scorpion [1]: Charcoal Hyena
Scarlet Octopus [1]: Amber Vulture
Violet Axolotl [1]: Onyx Flamingo
Saffron Iguana [1]: Pearl Chameleon

If it came down to Swan and Gorilla, I would probably sooner see Gorilla be exed, I'm afraid

But I'm not too jazzed about either of those options, and we aren't nearly close enough to the end of the cycle to be locked in. I slightly trust Gorilla and moderately trust Swan.

I think

I think I will try my luck with Saffron Iguana @Saffron Iguana

On the basis that they have said a good amount and I am still left with no read, which is a lil sussy in its own way

And on the basis that I brought the idea up with Chameleon (who, by the by, I am still kinda suspicious of, but the fact that the main reason Chameleon is no longer up for exe is because the past voters of Chameleon changed their mind and not because outside peoples defended them bumps them up a little in my reads)

And on the basis that I wanna see what happens

I could definitely be persuaded to vote for Zebra, who I am realizing has posted three whole times and hasn't quite said anything, no offense Zebra

Or maybe Beagle

But yeah over and out

I’ve not been able to keep up with the conversation post page four well enough to offer meaningful thoughts, beyond wanting to see someone who has either engaged in significant discussion, or been discussed at length, lynched. We’ve generated a lot of views on these players, and I think it would be of much more use to validate (or otherwise) some of them than to change the lynch to one that gives us no new information.

Apologies for the lack of summation in my earlier post - I haven’t got to the point of drawing my own conclusions yet.

As promised earlier, Scarlet Octopus

15 minutes ago, Emerald Falcon said:

Since when has zebra done enough to deserve to die?

Since when has anyone here done enough to deserve to die? :P

Anyway, it isn't always about doing something. Aren't you the one whose main serious accusation against me was that I was ignoring thread discussion? (which by the by I would still like to know what discussion you think I've been ignoring if that is the case) Is ignoring discussion doing something or rather not doing something? What gives?

Zebra has posted three times, I'm pretty sure they are around, but has not said anything about the game. Which, is fine, but it's also a pretty textbook place to find wolfs.

As you can see, I haven't voted Zebra... yet... But I am definitely going to sound out other people and consider it.

EDIT: On that subject @Quartz Zebra feel free to weigh in on the subject of your potential demise :P

Edited by Mauve Crocodile

My friend, you'd be surprised how valuable semantics can be! Obligators sure do love their contracts. I can get you a good deal on some, though.

Perhaps you are looking for a different item? Give me but a moment, I'll see what I have in my stores.

On 1/4/2022 at 7:46 AM, Saffron Iguana said:

If your prices are reasonable, I would like to buy another please! If they aren't, put it on my tab. 

Ah, Saffron! I feel you'll find my prices to be exceptional. But perhaps a second sample will do:

I'm sure you know of the history of the four Cantons, of Inquisition, Finance, Resource, and Orthodoxy. But did you know it used to be three? There used to be only one Canton in control of the economy. But then a plot was uncovered, where certain high-level obligators were siphoning boxings from the canal barges. The Lord Ruler really wasn't happy about that for some reason. Lot of red in the Luthadel fountains that day. Anyway, that's why the Canton split! That way the bulk of the money isn't controlled by the same people transporting it. Harder to falsify paperwork that way.

As for the cost... perhaps that negotiation could occur in private? Or I'd accept some explanation of this statement:

On 1/3/2022 at 8:29 PM, Saffron Iguana said:

the village likely has one Tineye (unless they're evil)

Scimon Tlag is slightly confused on your opinion on the Tineyes?

Colors and animals, colors and animals. Hard to keep track in my head sometimes. Numbers, numbers I can do, but colors and animals? Especially new icons. Don't get me wrong, they look fantastic! But they are a new factor. To summarize, it's hard to keep the individuals distinct.

Some thoughts:

I'm more of the opinion that the distribution is a more standard Tyrian setup. What that means, I'm honestly not sure. Village Seeker, or at least more Village Seekers than Elim Seekers. Less Copperclouds? Probably only two Tineyes again. One Village Coinshot. Thugs, Lurchers, Soothers, Rioters, who knows. Need to have some level of chaos. That's what I think. Reasons are a bit complex, so that I'll have to charge extra.

Praise the Ja! Who's the Ja? I bet I can scrounge some info on them as well, but Su may have cornered that market. That purpose may linger.

Pearl, pearl, pearl. That first post does seem to be stating the obvious. Of course Coinshots should be cautious. The tone is what jars me. And not like a jar of honey. Every other post is refined, constructed. Every other other is quick, short, and lacking syntax. Is that expressing the nature of the Chameleon, to change every moment? Or is that the nature of something more sinister and pointy? The consistency of the pattern is aiming me toward the former.

Turquoise, Scarlet, Emerald, Salmon. I love your methods of speech, although there is the point of concern in trying to decipher your words. More on Turquoise and Scarlet than the other two for now. Shouldn't matter now though.

I need a ledger.

Salmon, Chartreuse, and Saffron talk together a lot.

Coral! I don't really have a reason for being absent, besides returning to one of my spots for a few more items. This type of anonymity is hard to maintain, which makes it hard to check in much. I'm not going to promise that I'll be around more, but I'm taking steps to make that a possibility. I also like to... erh... establish a presence? Hard to sell things if people don't know you're around. As for the choice of voting for a Null read... I have to say I admire it. On D1, as a first vote. Later I may have more issues, so let's see if it changes. And eventually, it does!

Amber, your posts are... going off the screen. Massive summaries are interesting. But not massively interesting, and I'd prefer to send this ledger out.

Vote count has been strange.

A set of clarifications on emotional allomancy (will also be included in the N1 writeup and edited into the OP):

• Seeking a Smoked target will have a result of "your target was Smoked" (for role and alignment both).
  • If a Rioter is Smoked, their own vote will not be cancelled (and the Riot will still go through).
  • If a Rioter and a Soother try to move and cancel the same vote, the vote is moved and cancelled (with an effective result of just cancelled, plus the Rioter's own vote being cancelled).
  • Rioting someone's vote to a Smoked player will work as normal.
  • Smoking can be activated on the Day or Night turn, and will apply that turn and the following turn. It cannot be activated more than once in a numbered cycle (e.g. could not be activated more than once in C3, but could be activated N2 and then D3 - in which case the D3 order would supersede the N2 order).
  • Soothing or Rioting a Smoked player will not move that player's vote. A Rioter's own vote will still be cancelled.

Also, a Tineye who is night killed will still have their message appear in the writeup at the start of the day. And the way Mistborn rolls work is that if the first roll turns up a metal that the Mistborn has already had, roll again and take that roll even if they've also already had that metal.

Three more hours, get your votes in!

Edited by Elbereth
YIKES

1 minute ago, Melon Dingo said:

Praise the Ja! Who's the Ja? I bet I can scrounge some info on them as well, but Su may have cornered that market. That purpose may linger.

Su would be very happy to tell you all about the Ja, I can assure you

Best to click here (coppermind link) before he finds out you're wondering. I won't tell him, I promise.

Also, good to see you back! Getting a gut positive tone from your post, so that's nice.

Praise the Ja!

3 hours ago, Ivory Dragonfly said:

Ugh a little busy right now but I wanted to make my presence known, feel free to ask any preemptive questions for me. The day might be over by the time I'm back, *sigh* just my luck

Hey, have you stolen three letters, because I love that you have a P, N, O. 

33 minutes ago, Pearl Chameleon said:

@Emerald Falcon Were you thinking of the fact that I have PM'd you? 

I think I am going to switch my vote from Coral Swan back to Saffron Iguana. 

I respect that you've committed to your read. 

25 minutes ago, Mauve Crocodile said:

I think I will try my luck with Saffron Iguana 

On the basis that they have said a good amount and I am still left with no read, which is a lil sussy in its own way

I've been giving commentary as I go that you can read into, I think you're just confused that I haven't consolidated it or cast a vote. Neither of those are likely to change very soon, so here, let me say something insightful. :P

The amount of Octopus RP posts makes me suspicious of them. 

3 minutes ago, Melon Dingo said:

Scimon Tlag is slightly confused on your opinion on the Tineyes?

I'll take that deal. The Spiked need PMs less than the village does, because they have a doc to conspire in. PMs can be used to extract secrets sometimes, but they benefit more from a village that can't blindside them with secret discussions. So the Tineye is generally a village role, but I can imagine the mischievous GMs giving it to the Spiked so we have to make the choice between killing a suspect who claims Tineye and being able to communicate in private. 

The sun was rapidly going down as Tivend rushed into Tyrian Falls. Koloss were surrounding the town, and even as he entered the inn, he heard rumblings of Spiked amidst the villagers. The conversation was clearly getting heated, but all the townsfolk were strangers to him, making the accusations hard to follow. With a sigh, he ordered a stiff drink, but the innkeep had gotten sidetracked into his own heated argument. Tivend only heard the back half of it, but the innkeeper's last words made him pause.

3 hours ago, Violet Axolotl said:

I actually embrace the opportunity to murder my fellow SE players with great joy and lifting of my heart! If it's random anyways, I can vote for whomever I want and not feel too bad when they die and have to chill with Fifth, Wilson, and El in the dead doc  :P.

This discussion was not random. Harmless wordings turned into monsters in the dark, but there was always reasoning, no matter how flimsy it may seem. Even the inclination of ones gut was enough to send a vote for the most terrible of executions. He agreed that they could not, should not, refrain from acting, but it was a bloody business. You could not simply vote for fun. This was a solemn duty, and not one to make light of. The innkeeper's jovial attitude was completely out of place.

"Dyring (Violet Axolotl), was it? I name you as Spiked. Despite your obsession with cleanliness, you seem to relish the sight of blood. No man should be that eager to kill."

7 minutes ago, Coral Swan said:

Su would be very happy to tell you all about the Ja, I can assure you

Best to click here (coppermind link) before he finds out you're wondering. I won't tell him, I promise.

Also, good to see you back! Getting a gut positive tone from your post, so that's nice.

Praise the Ja!

Of course, the Ja! Love that guy. Good at preaching discord, too. I'll try to avoid letting my wonders wander. I knew that could be risky about Qui... erh... Praise the Ja!

1 minute ago, Saffron Iguana said:

I'll take that deal. The Spiked need PMs less than the village does, because they have a doc to conspire in. PMs can be used to extract secrets sometimes, but they benefit more from a village that can't blindside them with secret discussions. So the Tineye is generally a village role, but I can imagine the mischievous GMs giving it to the Spiked so we have to make the choice between killing a suspect who claims Tineye and being able to communicate in private. 

Ah, good. That determination makes sense, if it depends a lot on how mischievous the JMs are feeling. I was more confused the wording of the statement, which seemed to say "There must be a Village Tineye, unless there's an Elim Tineye", which is a tad circular.

A pleasure doing business with you!

3 minutes ago, Melon Dingo said:

Of course, the Ja! Love that guy. Good at preaching discord, too. I'll try to avoid letting my wonders wander. I knew that could be risky about Qui... erh... Praise the Ja!

Su perked up. Another Jaist? He had thought there were only two in all of Tyrian Falls! "Praise the Ja!" he echoed, enthusiastically.

Praise the Ja!

Nothing much

Spoiler

Starts off with talking about the last tyrian setup, LG74. NAI. You could say that there's something in the whole "thinking the distro is similar" because it encourages people to think that there's going to be an Elim seeker and no village.

But then if that were the case, they wouldn't follow it up by talking about how the village probably has two seekers. I very much doubt that.

I think the seeker arc here from iguana is honestly the most interesting thing, because it's a major thing in the inital D1 discussion. He furthers talking about how the seeker doesn't benefit the elims. At this point can it be taken as the first post is a slip about the elim team role composition, and the further posts are agenda-driven?

yeahhhhhh no

but... then we continue on and he says lurchers aren't important.... this is what I was talking about before.

At this point we're halfway through the small amount of posts, and I still have nothing I'd find that stands out as village, and a few things that feel very agenda driven in terms of steering the village away from certain power roles.

- Comments on Hyena having a lot of time (shade)

- but then we have the iconic few sentences that just are a really good take and I don't know where to go from it.

more comments about the lurcher

Everything they say continues to not really...be anything. the only read  they've given is on pearl, and that was even not fully formed it feels.

Expresses distrust of Magenta, but doesn't pursue it. calls them out for not being married to their vote, then immediately relates it to "many" others and yet doesn't talk about the "others" or even them any more.

I
I honestly don't understand this sentence here. the one after "seems like you're playing hy ena seek"

it's all a jumble of things but most importantly i guess "hedging"

Tells Pearl to vote him. Interesting, but understandable in an objective sense. on the other hand, could be framed as either e/e with swan, or whantot.

I don't like the effort clears on Vulture and Meerkat. I choose to believe meerkat is village because. well. lol. but Vulture can go either way. Effort isn't alignment indicative and the moment you choose to believe it is Elims start winning, because if all you have to do is post a pbp where you can't even understand what's going on, but yeah.

The lack of reaction to a wagon is concerning

What's the votecount at right now? Honestly i have no reason to village read iguana much but I don't think that warrants a kill. Say you "but then we don't kill anyone!" but when you make arguments like that you have to be arguing in bad faith, knowing that it doesn't quite work like that. I'm looking at you, uh. Mauve ? or. Swan ? um. One of you two.

Scimon Tlag smiled. "Praise the Ja!" he said, slightly louder. He had to think of something else to say... what would a Jaist - Ja-ist? - would want to buy.

Someone else caught his eye. What was their name again... Dyring. Inn owner, gambler, mauvian, and apparently history fact connoisseur. Tlag was a bit miffed that people only wanted to gather those - he had much more to offer. But it was a starting place in a buyer's market. He'd get them eventually. Now gambling, Tlag had some experience in.

"Dyring! Good to see you. You'd like to purchase by gambling? I'd be happy to, if you've got a method, but I'm not sure what it would be," he said warmly.

He paused a moment. "Praise the Ja." Best to keep some options open.

Updated VC (wow that’s a lot of votes):

Turquoise Gorilla [3]: Violet Axolotl, Coral Swan, Scarlet Octopus
Charcoal Hyena [2]: Chartreuse Penguin, Salmon Meerkat
Coral Swan [2]: Oxblood Beagle, Turquoise Gorilla
Mauve Crocodile [2]: Emerald Falcon, Fuchsia Ostrich
Violet Axolotl [2]: Onyx Flamingo, Mint Heron

Saffron Iguana [2]: Pearl Chameleon, Mauve Crocodile

Amethyst Scorpion [1]: Charcoal Hyena
Pearl Chameleon [1]: Amethyst Scorpion

10 minutes ago, Melon Dingo said:

Scimon Tlag smiled. "Praise the Ja!" he said, slightly louder. He had to think of something else to say... what would a Jaist - Ja-ist? - would want to buy.

Someone else caught his eye. What was their name again... Dyring. Inn owner, gambler, mauvian, and apparently history fact connoisseur. Tlag was a bit miffed that people only wanted to gather those - he had much more to offer. But it was a starting place in a buyer's market. He'd get them eventually. Now gambling, Tlag had some experience in.

"Dyring! Good to see you. You'd like to purchase by gambling? I'd be happy to, if you've got a method, but I'm not sure what it would be," he said warmly.

He paused a moment. "Praise the Ja." Best to keep some options open.

Su felt relieved. This man seemed much more put-together than that asleep fellow; thank the Ja he wasn't Su's only companion! "Ja is great, Ja is good." he intoned. It had been far too long since he had worshipped in good company.

(Dyring is Axolotl, I believe- not Croc)

Also wow EoD is going to be nuts isn't it

Praise the Ja!

41 minutes ago, Mauve Crocodile said:

Anyway, it isn't always about doing something. Aren't you the one whose main serious accusation against me was that I was ignoring thread discussion? (which by the by I would still like to know what discussion you think I've been ignoring if that is the case) Is ignoring discussion doing something or rather not doing something? What gives?

ignoring thread discussion isn't "doing nothing"

there's a difference between selectively responding to things that aren't relevant or only concern you, and just solidly RPing. Yeah, Elims can hide through RP, but that's a different matter entirely from selective responses.

Spoiler

my-image.png

48 minutes ago, Mint Heron said:

"Dyring (Violet Axolotl), was it? I name you as Spiked. Despite your obsession with cleanliness, you seem to relish the sight of blood. No man should be that eager to kill."

"I assure you good fellow, I detest the sight of blood. It's blasted difficult to scrub out of just about anything." Dyring held up his apron. "See, bloodstains just refuse to come out of clothing. But I'll tell you, sometimes the blood is necessary. Lots of folks would have missed out on their chicken if I'd been too squeamish about getting blood on my clothes to butcher them."

Edeis overheard the whispers, spreading like wildfire. This was the part she loved about the rumors; the more people discussed, the more she learned. Keeping notes about others in her mental checklist.

Unfortunately, her nod to Dyring (Violet Axolotl) had not been lucrative. That was okay, they were far too on the nose anyway. She hadn't gleaned anything from them. But her ears did pick up on another whisper. Someone asking for support, or perhaps a change of heart? Interesting.

With a sigh, Edeis turned her attention back to Dyring. "I'm not sure I agree with you. Mauve Crocodile is being quite defensive, don't you think?"

--

Unlike Edeis, I don't have a mental checklist of people because I am having an obscenely hard time keeping track of everyone. Curse you anonymous accounts! However, Mauve's sudden ask for a vote on Zebra strikes me as strange. If they've previously discussed voting on Zebra, please point me to that post. I am, unfortunately, sick and so keeping track of posts is hard.