7 minutes ago, Pearl Chameleon said:

wow that's such a...sad view

you do you, i guess

I actually embrace the opportunity to murder my fellow SE players with great joy and lifting of my heart! If it's random anyways, I can vote for whomever I want and not feel too bad when they die and have to chill with Fifth, Wilson, and El in the dead doc  :P.

5 hours ago, Salmon Meerkat said:

I think players like Zebra, Dingo, LionFalcon, and Gorilla are largely in that category, which is a reason a number of them ended on my suspicions list. They've done enough to be present but haven't left very much of an imprint on most discussion. I have a slightly stronger negative gut against Zebra and Lion, but as I want the tie, I'm going to vote for Turquoise Gorilla and join Violet Axlotl. I'm not really going to say you live, Pearl Chameleon, as I think you should be tied by this current count, but there you go :P

If someone wants to join me on Zebra or Lion, I am amenable to switching.

Hypothetically, how would you feel about switching together onto Dingo?

5 hours ago, Saffron Iguana said:

the Spiked have probably prepared ways to subtly move their votes or have held votes in reserve in case one of their own becomes the likely target.

One of the few things the village has going for it is that it’s quite difficult to move a vote subtly. You are required to put it in red :P

And unless they are quite a bit more organized than I am I anticipate that they haven’t planned or prepared much of anything so far. The game is yet young.

2 hours ago, Salmon Meerkat said:

CC bad

CC for sake of CC bad

2 hours ago, Pearl Chameleon said:

In the interest of keeping things clear, here is the current vote count:

• (2) Pearl Chameleon: Scarlet Octopus, Mauve Crocodile,
  • (2) Torquoise Gorilla: Violet Axlotlt, Salmon Meerkat,
  • (1) Charcoal Hyena: Chartreuse Penguin, 
  • (1) Amethyst Scorpion: Charcoal Hyena,
  • (1) Scarlet Octopus: Amber Vulture, 
  • (1) Melon Dingo: Coral Swan, 
  • (1) Coral Swan: Oxblood Beagle, 
  • (1) Violet Axlotl: Onyx Flamingo, 
  • (1) Mauve Crocodile: Fuchsia Ostrich, 

There are about 9 hours left in the turn, and we have two tied vote trains. One of them is on myself, and the other is on a player I have not been able to form a solid opinion on thus far. The rest of the 7 votes placed so far are each on a separate player. I do not have any idea what to make of this. I think I am going to place my vote (for now) on Coral Swan. As of right now, they are the only player that I suspect of the ones that have votes on them. Part of me still is unwilling to completely trust Iguana, but they do not have any votes on them so that exe is unviable. 

Hypothetically, how would you feel about switching together onto Iguana?

1 hour ago, Violet Axolotl said:

*Dyring vigorously cleans a dirty glass*

Basically, you should be comfortable killing anyone until they give you a good reason not to. Early on I think you need to provide more justification to abstain from voting on a player than you do to place a vote on them.

Hear hear!

Anything and anyone is the right subject to bet on or against.

EDIT: Speaking of betting, if this game doesn’t have a trollish role distribution in some fashion or another then I will eat my hat and also all of your hats.

Edited by Mauve Crocodile

11 minutes ago, Ivory Dragonfly said:

Ugh a little busy right now but I wanted to make my presence known, feel free to ask any preemptive questions for me. The day might be over by the time I'm back, *sigh* just my luck

How many piano tuners would you say there are in New York?

How many evilpersons would you say there are in Tyrian Falls?

What color are your eyes?

What color is your alignment?

Pineapple on pizza?

Okay, A lot of this is incomplete because of my lack of thread presence. I should have more to say on pearl, but there's not much there. Same with both Mauve and Swan, who, in my head? I have thought a lot about, but I haven't been in thread and nothing is sticking because I haven't interacted with it.

Had some really bad last few days which is why I wasn't here, will try to be more active as the game goes on.

Spoiler

Saffron Iguana

Spoiler

- In their question targeting chameleon, they mention how seekers are only good for the village. I think this blatantly ignores the fact that seekers are a strong manipulative tool on the Elim's side.
 - They also put down lurchers- saying how they aren't actually any useful, relating them to the spiked on the Elim's side. This isn't a fair comparison at all, and seems another attempt at making village think that something is useless that is actually pretty helpful.
 - Had a good take on Pearl. I've been sitting here trying to figure out if this can be E/E, but i think it still can. I think that it's a great take on pearl, I do. I have similar points written down for both of them as to why I don't trust them, and that makes me feel like they're probably never E/E. just the amount of interaction between them, how much Iguana is talking and pushing on Pearl from the start could come from an Elim and a teammate.

The only reason they're not a solid elim read is because of their take on pearl. I think I've decided on them not being e/e, but not on them both being village.

Not Teamed with
 - Chameleon

Magenta Albatross

Spoiler

- First to ask about not having village seekers. Upon Magenta being an Elim, the seeker will be village. This feels like an attempt to sow distrust among the masses regarding the alignment of the seeker, should they eventually choose to out themselves with a check.

Coral Swan

Spoiler

- Specifically opposite opinion on Mauve. (see: village point post) Is it a joke? Who knows. It could definitely be framed as a joke or as true. but I think the read isn't village indicative at all from Mauve.
 - There has to be something in the fact that while I'm reading their posts, I think we're mindmelding on a lot of stuff. Then I read their summary and it's all of a sudden i feel like I'm reading the wrong post.

I'm giving them a mild village read for now, even though everything in me wants to go the other way. Specifically feeling like I'm mindmelding and then seeing their conclusions and realizing how far off we are pings me very hard.

Not Teamed with:
 - Mauve Crocodile

Pearl Chameleon

Spoiler

- playing down the abilities of the seeker is another attempt at making village feel like their role is useless.

hehehehe, i am pretty slimy, since im a chameleon. get it??

are chameleons actually slimy? i don’t actually know

This is a pretty questionable statement. it's trying to play off an accusation by turning it into a joke.

...Are we absolutely sure that Pearl isn't two players posting from one account?

Again, I should have way more here. I think of the two (iguana, pearl) I don't know who i'd kill if I had to pick. Everything they do pings me and then there's moments where I doubt my existence.

Mauve Crocodile

Spoiler

- Gave a village point out to gorilla for...something that doesn't deserve one.
- Most of the postings have been pretty empty: Explaining that they were the third vote on pearl, asking people to vote off pearl if they care, jokes. There's things going on and it feels like they're completely ignoring the discussion and coasting by.

Not much from them after this i noted. On this page there's some questions at ivory which can be seen as...trying to get them in the game. Pretend the color isn't red then. maybe lean.

Chartreuse Penguin

Spoiler

- I think that voting on someone for their opener being a wall of reads is valid, so I'm going to be more lenient. I think that the deeper reasoning they gave, that "Elims can switch their reads up" isn't the reason. Big wallposts can be used by Elims to "show that they're reading" or to enter thread in a relatively easy way that looks productive while not really getting involved.
I'm going to be lenient though because it's based on the wording of the "subject to change"

I very much want to give them a village read for some things I've noticed that shouldn't be alignment indicative, but I just meld with a lot. So. I'm not going to.

Charcoal Hyena

Spoiler

-  Enters thread with a wall of reads, but really just feels like the people who have talked are Village reads and the people who haven't are Elim reads. Why no tagging scorpion to talk more?
 -  oh.
 - Their follow up post is something that's easily replicable as an Elim, but it still satisfies the sepecific worries i had from the first post

A lighter village read. On one hand I am one to say "here's a group of people I'm fine with dying" and on the other hand there's something specifically Elimmy about that attitude towards a game, and that's what they defined their reads as. So. A village read that doesn't make much sense.

Amytheyst Scorpion

Spoiler

- Hasnt' really said much. Engaged with the reads list posted by Hyena, but that's it. The fact that they've read up to there and that's all they've chosen to engage with so far doesn't sit right with me.

Not Teamed with
 - (Charcoal Hyena)

Turquoise Gorrilla

Spoiler

- though votes on him aren't bad, they are...pretty pointless, and not the best.
- Is he being helpful? no, but he isn't being harmful and isn't particularly looking like he's trying to be helpful. He quoted posts and then talked loudly about how he won. That specifically being the only thing he's done inclines me to belive he's above the null line.

Amber Vulture

Spoiler

- Their opener is a lot of nothing, doing nothing but dismissing prior conversations as meaningless.
 - Effort isn't alignment indicative and shouldn't be seen as such. I'm missing conclusions based on this. Notes are fine and all but if you're posting something that can't even be seen and then not provicing a coherent conclusion from it, then something is wrong there.

They're questionable at best, the coloring isn't right, but I'm here now and hopefully can get a better grasp on everything that's happening now. Or, tomorrow. Day 1 is usually the day that I thrive the most in, and late game get more worried about my reads not being right, so. That's what I get when I miss it. There still seems to be a number of people who haven't checked in, or people like beagle or Ivory or Onyx who have checked in but not said much. Speaking of beagle, they also get a village read. good on them.

Spoiler

As I read more and more I realize that the interactions between pearl and iguana were instigated by pearl at the start of the day, with a vote. the reason iguana seems so fiated on pearl is most likely because of that vote, and that implies an Elim to me. And the more i read over both of their posts the more I feel Iguana is the Elim among the two.

And in the end, knowing it's exlo doesn't really change any of our behaviors since we're all just trying to find elims every day.

I think that knowing that it's exlo should change how we approach the day. While looking for Elims is always fine, at Exlo you have to re eval and look at how everyone is behaving in the big picture a bit more. A seeker claim at Exlo shouldn't be as trusted as other turns. If there's someone you think is solidly village (concensus village read, something like a Seeker claim) then they should be looked at harder and not blindly followed. things like that, where it's not good to look at them before the end, but when you get there is the time to re-eval.

That is an interesting take. My experience is that villagers are rather more likely than anyone else to be a bit pessimistic and paranoid about the eliminator team composition.

Which is of course why we can find you doing it in every game you are an Elim in, yes ?

This may be my favorite reads list format I've ever seen. Bravo my friend.

it's very nice on the eye, but my biggest problem with things like that is prescribing solid "points" to specific things that people do. with each of those things being 1, assumedly, then you can easily mold things how you wish for people to think you see them. or perhaps they're not equal? wondering why someone has mnultiple village points but is being voted? well the one elimmy thing offsets that by miles.

I think when explaining reads, people need more than

> village slip +1 village point
> Likes 8 elims + 1 village point

And you have to say something like

> Was pushing 8 Elims, this i find more villagery because to be so confidently set on a large number of elims seems like it comes from the perspective of someone who is uninformed because there's no way someone who is thinking would think there's that many . Thinking that there could reasonably be an elim coinshot falls into this category as well with the mention of having more thug roles and lurchers in the game, as well as the supposed "uselessness" of an Elim seeker, because anyone knows that any role that is supposedly powerful for the village is equally as powerful for the elims- if not with raw power, with the manipulation possibilities

Okay. so. Not something like that, I got a bit carried away trying to find some thoughts I had in the beginning that I lost earlier. Didn't find them. Maybe I village read iguana now though. Who knows.

Anyways, i got carried away.

Tbh my biggest holdback when it comes to anon games is players losing their distinctive quality

Honestly this is a good comment (NAI but) but like yeah I feel this too. I think the new Pfps are somewhat helpful, but it's definitely hard to differentiate people.

Simple wanted to gauge your reaction is all

You can try but you will never be me

Speaking of, if i missed it, what was your conclusion penguin?

12 minutes ago, Turquoise Gorilla said:

[Can we have a VC ples]

Pearl Chameleon [3]: Coral Swan, Mauve Crocodile, Scarlet Octopus

Charcoal Hyena [2]: Chartreuse Penguin, Salmon Meerkat

Coral Swan [2]: Oxblood Beagle, Pearl Chameleon

Mauve Crocodile [2]: Emerald Falcon, Fuchsia Ostrich

Amethyst Scorpion [1]: Charcoal Hyena

Scarlet Octopus [1]: Amber Vulture

Turquoise Gorilla [1]: Violet Axolotl

Violet Axolotl [1]: Onyx Flamingo

[Ok, so I think I’m going to join the Swan train. I’m mostly reading them null; maybe mildly elim, but I really don’t see the reason for most of the other trains here. Chameleon and Crocodile both seemed very village to me in PMs, and I don’t really see why everyone’s jumping on Hyena; none of their posts at all stood out to me]

2 hours ago, Pearl Chameleon said:

do i really seem to be having a bunch of different opinions?? wack

and i did not just piggy back off of what other people said. i decided i was going to vote on you when i first read your post. i just read it after a bunch of other people had posted, so it looks like mine came much later and must be following their thoughts

Different opinions than I'm used to seeing, yes. But this is coming from the guy who stated 5 elim reads and voted 0, so who even knows at this point xD

Fair enough.

And for the benefit of everyone else, I'll mention here that the PM Chameleon just sent me I believe comes from a village mindset (this no doubt adds to Meerkat's paranoia that Chameleon and I are e/e, which I honestly just find hilarious). I'm moving off of Chameleon for that reason, and onto Gorilla for their opportunistic vote just now. I'm aware that puts me as the leading train but I'm alright with that seeing how fluid the count has been, and considering those who are voting me.

1 hour ago, Ivory Dragonfly said:

Ugh a little busy right now but I wanted to make my presence known, feel free to ask any preemptive questions for me. The day might be over by the time I'm back, *sigh* just my luck

Best new pfp tbh

Praise the Ja!

Edit:

@Turquoise Gorilla

Any comments on the irony of voting me when you say I'm a null for you, but most people's reason for voting me is that I voted a null read? :P Yes, I know the scenarios aren't the same but I still thought it was funny.

Praise the Ja!

Edited by Coral Swan

2 minutes ago, Coral Swan said:

Edit:

@Turquoise Gorilla

Any comments on the irony of voting me when you say I'm a null for you, but most people's reason for voting me is that I voted a null read? :P Yes, I know the scenario's aren't the same but I still thought it was funny.

[It is mildly ironic, but that’s not the reason I voted for you. I feel that starting a train this late in the day is futile, and I was gut reading you mild elim. Plus all the stuff I said in my post above.]

14 minutes ago, Emerald Falcon said:

- Gave a village point out to gorilla for...something that doesn't deserve one.
- Most of the postings have been pretty empty: Explaining that they were the third vote on pearl, asking people to vote off pearl if they care, jokes. There's things going on and it feels like they're completely ignoring the discussion and coasting by.

Smhhhh you're making me look profligate, I don't award Village Points that easy! This is the first day, we're practically in a Village Point recession! I only gave Gorilla one half (½) Village Point! Do ya think Village Points grow on trees? They don't.*

Anyways with all due respect, I can and will ignore the parts of the discussion that I don't find relevant or interesting. That includes, but is not limited to, the vast majority of any D1 roles analysis. If there is anything in particular you want to say is important that I should comment on, I will hear you out, but as of right now I really don't feel that I've left anything unsaid.

*Like paper money, which is mostly made of cotton and not wood pulp, Village Points actually grow on bushes.

Which is of course why we can find you doing it in every game you are an Elim in, yes ?

No, actually.

Almost the opposite, really.

Not that I have anything more than my word to prove it.

it's very nice on the eye, but my biggest problem with things like that is prescribing solid "points" to specific things that people do. with each of those things being 1, assumedly, then you can easily mold things how you wish for people to think you see them. or perhaps they're not equal? wondering why someone has mnultiple village points but is being voted? well the one elimmy thing offsets that by miles.

The weights on the various + and - aren't particularly equal.

I could put a number between 1-10 next to the + and the - to signify but more than half of those would be pulled straight from my behind at this point so I didn't bother.

I will note that conventional formats are at least as imprecise in their own ways and that if you think I designed it to be nefarious you might be in a tunnel

@Emerald Falcon (in the spoiler is my commentary on their post, spoiled because it's long for how unrelated it kind of is to everyone else)

Spoiler

I'm laughing incredibly hard at this line after reading your post-

- There has to be something in the fact that while I'm reading their posts, I think we're mindmelding on a lot of stuff. Then I read their summary and it's all of a sudden i feel like I'm reading the wrong post.

Because I had the exact same experience as I read through your reads. Example:

I very much want to give them a village read for some things I've noticed that shouldn't be alignment indicative, but I just meld with a lot. So. I'm not going to.

(About Penguin)

Switch the 'So. I'm not going to.' to 'But. I'm going to.' and this line is me 100%

Another example:

- Their follow up post is something that's easily replicable as an Elim, but it still satisfies the sepecific worries i had from the first post

A lighter village read. On one hand I am one to say "here's a group of people I'm fine with dying" and on the other hand there's something specifically Elimmy about that attitude towards a game, and that's what they defined their reads as. So. A village read that doesn't make much sense.

(About Hyena)

In this case we come to more or less the same conclusion but I do believe I was slower to village read Hyena for this

Also funny to me that we have complete opposite reads of Crocodile. And on basically the same points, I just read those points as village and you read it as elim.

No idea what any of this means but I got a kick out of it for sure

10 minutes ago, Turquoise Gorilla said:

[It is mildly ironic, but that’s not the reason I voted for you. I feel that starting a train this late in the day is futile, and I was gut reading you mild elim. Plus all the stuff I said in my post above.]

Not too happy about being voted on for the reasons other than me but I understand and suppose I just have to live with it. Hopefully not die with it :P.

Praise the Ja!

Edited by Coral Swan

17 hours ago, Charcoal Hyena said:

On the one hand, if you think it's E/E than my name really ought be in red, no?

On the other hand, most of the contents of this read are factually incorrect.

On the anatomically dubious third hand, you posted a reads list! Which, this early, is worth one (1) Village Point in my fraying and ill-kept ledger. Coming up with reads this early is hard, but it's even harder for an evilperson, methinks.

I raised it as a possibility, but the possibility alone doesn't guarantee either of you are an elim. I suppose my reads list would have made a lot more sense if I had explained my zones in a legend, rather than clarifying in this post xD

Mauve brings up the fact that you said Mauve retracted from Pearl when this was not true. If you and Pearl were both elims the number of votes on Pearl would be more pressing, so this is not an E/E pairing. You have however assigned Pearl pronouns that haven't been specified publicly, which would be suspicious if not for the previous sentence.

7 hours ago, Salmon Meerkat said:

I don't have the energy or the bandwidth to redo a count so I am just going to take this count as a given. I said I'd say more about Cham later. I was hoping to wait until more people got in but the killer headache and throwing up has more or less forced my hand. I'm not sure this is usual for a D1 - it's not unusual either. We have numerous single-player votes, and the Cham train.

What to say about the Cham train? I deliberately went back on Cham to see what would happen and take the temperature of the responses. I feel that there hasn't been very much response. This may not be especially damning if the Elims do have a player on Cham, or vote manip, but would seem also lightly suggestive that the Elims aren't particularly invested in whether Cham lives or dies.

On the assumption that Cham is Evil, where are our Elims? I feel as though we are lightly committed to an Elim being on Cham or a vote manipulator in their pocket. Even then, recall that Smokers start the game with their Copperclouds up. You have to send in an order to deactivate it. Vote manip is a bit of a gamble in that light - though not overmuch, as inactives aren't exactly going to be voting, just as they are not going to be turning off their Copperclouds. The first possibility involves an Elim going off Cham and forcing a tie. It would, however, draw attention to Cham but perhaps our hypothetical Elim team has hoped that enough players have expressed misgivings that the Village can be talked into doing that on their own.

What happens if we assume Cham is Village? Again, I think we have a light commitment to at least one of the voters on Cham being Evil, but the rest are either distributed among the other vote trains or apparently inactive.

I'm going to go into a brief aside. Please bear with me :P

Let's look again at the votes. Suppose I'm not sold on the Cham vote - suppose I am starting to doubt an Elim team would be so quiet about Cham. Suppose, furthermore, as I'm not very good at reading players, that I don't have a strong view on who might be Evil among the noisy ones. 

Where are our under-the-radar Elims hiding?

Nice, safe, side-trains with a pretext of activity. Alternatively, we have the possibility of players like Azure Mouse, who are logging in and viewing the thread but saying nothing and therefore, not attracting much attention.

That being said, when I said as much to Scorp, Scorp half took it back, which is a confusing sort of response as I'd expect a Villager to generally be pretty cool with getting lightly Village read but I can't for the life of me see it being an Elim response either, so I'm just shrugging and marking that as a light Villager with asterisk read.

Some elim teams defend teammates stronger and earlier than others. A two vote lead 12 hours before the turn ends with numerous available alternatives is not an overwhelming threat to an elim Pearl, especially as they hadn't even voted. Until people start consolidating votes a lack of a strong defense isn't clearing. With so many more villagers than elims in this stage of the game, attempts by the elims to save a teammate Pearl would blend into the background. Violet encouraging Coral to vote for an alternative target (Turquoise), Chartreuse not liking the Pearl train, even Coral being suspicious of Pearl but not wanting to vote for any of their D1 reads could be a defense and we wouldn't know for sure until they're all dead. If Cham is village, the elims could have been anywhere at this point.

I do agree that elims will hide early on since being noisy isn't safe until you can get sufficiently cleared by a Seeker that they wouldn't bother to check, which is hard to do D1 unless you bus a teammate.

You brought up a previous game in one of your post and I referenced it in my PM to you, but I evidently wasn't clear enough or misinterpreted your post.

4 hours ago, Pearl Chameleon said:

There are about 9 hours left in the turn, and we have two tied vote trains. One of them is on myself, and the other is on a player I have not been able to form a solid opinion on thus far. The rest of the 7 votes placed so far are each on a separate player. I do not have any idea what to make of this. I think I am going to place my vote (for now) on Coral Swan. As of right now, they are the only player that I suspect of the ones that have votes on them. Part of me still is unwilling to completely trust Iguana, but they do not have any votes on them so that exe is unviable. I am not voting on Gorilla because I am not suspicious of him. I do not trust him either, but that is no reason to condemn him right now. However, when the time comes for the end of the turn, I hope all of you will understand if I vote in self-preservation. I am the only player I can be certain that is a villager, and I would not want to sacrifice myself in a tie if it turns out Gorilla or Swan is truly a Spiked.

With only two votes on you and almost ten hours left in the cycle, there wasn't much difference in viability between someone with 0 votes and someone with one vote. I have an instinctive dislike of self-preservation votes cast long before survival becomes necessary, but that isn't quite what you're doing here. Do you suspect Coral more than Saffron?

4 hours ago, Coral Swan said:

Because I, as an elim, would take the time to craft a completely made-up reads list and not bother to actually stay true to it because obviously no one would think anything of me not voting someone I marked as Spiked! Makes sense to me :P Or maybe I made a list and then didn't feel good about it, posted it anyway, and voted elsewhere.

Would you read me as more villagery if I had folded under pressure and relented to the people calling me out? 

Praise the Ja!

Having suspects and then not voting for them is a great way for an elim to distance themselves from teammates without putting them at risk, kill villagers without it looking like their fault, and deflect Seeker(s)'s attention elsewhere. Making yourself higher profile by opposing popular opinion is a more villagery move in a game with alignment scanners.

More things have happened since this point and now Pearl, Coral, and Turquoise are in the mix. Pearl and Coral could be E/E, Turquoise and Pearl could be E/E in which case the swing from one to the other was village driven, Coral and Turquoise aren't E/E. I'll vote for Pearl Chameleon.