12 minutes ago, Coral Swan said:

Attempting to make a new reads list, may I be guided by the Ja! I've found in the past my reads tend to not like to move if I try to modify an existing list as opposed to starting from scratch, so in the interest of being as accurate to how I feel as possible I'm starting completely over. I, hopefully, fixed any errors in my last list by creating two more tiers. Hopefully that doesn't just make things more confusing. Italics indicate someone who hasn't posted. No order within tiers.

• VillageAlbatross

Is that BIIIIIIIG seagull on drugs because they seem high. 

1 minute ago, Saffron Iguana said:

Is that BIIIIIIIG seagull on drugs because they seem high. 

Albatross has been that high for me for a while. See this post from D1, which includes multiple takes and explanations I don't think come from a Spiked. This in particular:

I messaged several people over the last day and amidst other topics asked about roleclaiming, which no one seemed interested in doing. I now understand why. I wasn't thinking of telling people your role as letting the elims play minesweeper to find their key targets.

When under the lens of assuming Albatross is a newer player (a fair and shared assumption, I believe) this is undeniably pure. There's no reason for e!Albatross to post this in the way it's posted.

So I guess based on what people have brought up about claiming I'm getting village feelings off the people I pm'd that didn't want to, since elims probably would have wanted the info. Not that that's a guarantee of course because anyone could choose to do something out of the ordinary to give a village read. 

Same to this. It's something that reads as extremely legitimate to me.

Also, when they voted you, they admit to having nothing to say about it which I think is TWTBAW.

Praise the Ja!

Let's see here...*steeples fingers, cracks knuckles, puts hand on chin*

*tries to think of other ways to indicate readiness for action using hands*

I forgot to post last cycle and, for the last five minutes, have been reading through the past couple of cycles trying to catch up. I haven't caught up quite yet, though, so any analysis will be forthcoming. Publicly, though, I'd like to ask (if it hasn't been clarified already) -- are PM's only meant to be 1-on-1 messages, or can we open up small group PM's? If it's possible I don't know if I'll end up actually opening a group PM, but I'd like to know regardless.

The write-ups have been fantastic so far.

2 minutes ago, Sapphire Elephant said:

I forgot to post last cycle and, for the last five minutes, have been reading through the past couple of cycles trying to catch up. I haven't caught up quite yet, though, so any analysis will be forthcoming. Publicly, though, I'd like to ask (if it hasn't been clarified already) -- are PM's only meant to be 1-on-1 messages, or can we open up small group PM's? If it's possible I don't know if I'll end up actually opening a group PM, but I'd like to know regardless.

This game is like a rock band, because groupies are allowed. 

7 minutes ago, Coral Swan said:

When under the lens of assuming Albatross is a newer player (a fair and shared assumption, I believe) 

I don't think that's a discussion I want to continue. So I'll agree to disagree. Thanks for the response, I apologize for not looking up your previous reasons. 

4 minutes ago, Saffron Iguana said:

Thanks for the response, I apologize for not looking up your previous reasons. 

Don't, I never said them.

10 minutes ago, Sapphire Elephant said:

reading through the past couple of cycles trying to catch up.

For what it's worth, we haven't yet finished one cycle :P 

Praise the Ja!

28 minutes ago, Sapphire Elephant said:

Let's see here...*steeples fingers, cracks knuckles, puts hand on chin*

*tries to think of other ways to indicate readiness for action using hands*

The write-ups have been fantastic so far.

This is probably a Villager. 

I'm glad that Charcoal Hyena has brought up Saffron Iguana - I want to focus on them first, as they raised my own hackles when going through the thread.

I'm going to copy paste my notes on them in first, to use as a reference point for my thoughts:

Cycle Post Summary Vote Retractions Thoughts AI (perceived) Notable connections
D1 3 Gives LG74 distribution. Draws spiked ratio from this. Suggests village distribution similar. N/A N/A Odd to assume distribution similar. Player of limited experience? Agree re spiked number. NAI None
D1 7 Suggests LG74 as baseline because up to date with meta. Draws from this that 2/3rds have roles. Suggests spiked one of each role. N/A N/A Disagree with assumption. Plenty of prior meta, GMs have wealth of experience. Anon game meta also differs. Possibility of role? Spiked having one of each role vastly overpowered - see coinshot. Possible deliberate comment if evil, likely village not considering power Mild village Reply to Coral Swan
D1 11 Replies to Pearl Chameleon (who voted on them). Doesn't engage with vote. Asks why Pearl Chameleon describes seeker as power role for spiked N/A N/A Either attempt to seem village, or genuine village thought process. Seeker of great value to spiked in identifying village power roles to kill, and to claim village seeker & build fake trust circle. Nai on not engaging with vote Mild village
Replies to Pearl Chameleon, doesn't engage with vote
D1 21 Suggests Fuchsia Ostrich bold to assume that GMS didn't take LG74 as a challenge. Replies to Scarlet Octopus Suggests equivalence of v!lurchers to e!seekers. Limited value due to size of group N/A N/A Stranger to assume GMs did take strange game as challenge. Not sure I follow equivalence. NAI
Disagrees with Fuchsia Ostrich, replies to Scarlet Octopus
D1 45 Thanks Charcoal Hyena for reads list. Notes contract between Pearl Chameleon's earlier strong argument and more recent retraction. Thinks a villager would be more likely to not change views under pressure. Replies to Amethyst Scorpion, says theory on elim coinshots being too strong will be tested soon enough, assuming "our coinshot" chooses to shoot tonight. Explains belief in equivalence between v!lurcher and e!seeker as both being a role stronger for other team. Rates elim vote manipulators as limited power N/A N/A Agree re views on pearl Chameleon's actions - feels genuine. Request explanation for what they meant by theory being tested soon enough - why would village coinshot prove elim coinshot as too powerful? Mild village
Replies to Charcoal Hyena, Pearl Chameleon, Melon Dingo, Salmon Meerkat, Amethyst Scorpion, Mauve Crocodile. Expresses elim view of Pearl Chameleon
D1 63 Replies to Salmon Meerkat spotting absence of spiked seeker from power list, doesn't give explanation. Says value would be after smokers. Agrees with Violet Axolotl that Turquoise Gorilla not being helpful. N/A N/A Query reason for omission. Agree with view on Turquoise Gorilla's actions. NAI
Supports Violet Axolotl's view on Turquoise Gorilla
D1 71 Responds to Mauve Crocodile's query of their thoughts on N1 revealing an elim coinshot. Assumes any coinshot will shoot tonight, except hesitant village on. If three kills, probably eliminator coinshot. Responds to Amber Vulture, says Scarlet Octopus just pessimistic N/A N/A Not sure I buy the logic here - they themselves acknowledge complications. Suggest speculating on impact of night rurn on distribution better done as post hoc analysis. Gut mild evil
Responds to Mauve Crocodile, Amber Vulture, defends Scarlet Octopus
D1 83 Calls out Magenta Albatross for hedging their views. Says they received PMs from Amethyst Scorpion and Magenta Albatross N/A N/A Agree with calling out of Magenta Albatross NAI Calls out Magenta Albatross
D1 107 Reads Charcoal Hyena as potentially part of eliminator team, abstaining from voting in case spiked lynch target of Chameleon changes. Suspects Spiked have a plan to move those votes. N/A N/A Post only makes sense if believes spiked votes already on Pearl Chameleon. Not likely to be on eliminator team with Charcoal Hyena. No current vote - if they hold this belief, why no vote? Probe, potentially moderate evil
Has gut evil read on Charcoal Hyena. Suggests spiked want to lynch Pearl Chameleon.
D1 123 Says two votes low enough for outcome to change, would rather Pearl Chameleon voted on them than in self preservation at this point in cycle. Effort clears Salmon Meerkat and Amber Vulture N/A N/A Doesn't feel in danger of lynch. Agree that pre-emptive to vote in self preservation. Disagree with effort clearing - I've done this before a number of times whilst evil. Willingness to effort clear cycle one makes me wary. Very mild evil
Thinks Salmon Meerkat and Amber Vulture village
D1 186 Respects commitment of Pearl Chameleon to read of Saffron Iguana. Replies to Mauve Crocodile, says has been giving commentary as they go, just hasn't consolidated it yet. Thinks amount of Octopus Rp posts makes them suspicious. Thinks possibility of elim tineye to give village choice of whether to kill suspicious player but shut dowen Pms or do reverse N/A N/A Not that many RP posts from Scarlet Octopus - odd player to single out for it. Still no vote, despite lynch building against them. Relaxed as to outcome of lynch due to vote manipulation? Reevaluate Suspicious of Scarlet Octopus
D1 200 Replies to Emerald Falcon. Says sees any post not containing the another player as NAI .Thinks Spiked would prefer predictable lynch to random one meaning one of their own might be lynched. Thinks Pearl Chameleon was this lynch N/A N/A Many of their own posts therefore NAI - thus not helpful in contributing to meaningful discussion. Interesting to ntoe view on pearl Chameleon. Unsure Village read on Pearl Chameleon
D1 212 Replies to Magenta Albatross' vote on them, votes for Magenta Albatross Magenta Albatross N/A At this point still tied, and feels relaxed. Planning to change vote, or confident of vote manipulation? Mild evil Votes for Magenta Albatross
D1 214 Replies to Turquoise Gorilla, suggests compromise vote on Mauve Crocodile, votes for Mauve Crocodile Mauve Crocodile Magenta Albatross Has not expressed any suspicion of Mauve Crocodile, but now leading lynch. Why Mauve Crocodile over Turquoise Gorilla? Self-preservation likely NAI Votes for Mauve Crocodile

I've tried articulating a summary of my thoughts several times, and am struggling to convey myself in a way I'm pleased with, so am going to put my thoughts down as they come and hope they make some sense.

1) I think part of my gut worry about Saffron Iguana comes down to the downplaying of the power of an eliminator seeker, or omitting it entirely from a power list (#11, #21). I was initially worried this was due to the presence of an eliminator seeker whose manipulative ability the spiked wished to downplay. I have since been informed that LG74 featured two eliminator seekers. An eliminator seeker is still possible, but given #3, Saffron Iguana is intimately familiar with the LG74 distribution, and so seems less likely to seek to downplay their strength (although I don't know whether the manipulative potential of eliminator seekers was used in LG74).

2) Effort clearing Salmon Meerkat and myself. Whilst I read Salmon Meerkat as firmly village, the effort clearing of me took place after I had posted a single notes post. I don't think clearing me at that point was justifiable based on my actions - and so am wary that it was either pocketing, or because elim!Saffron Iguana knew my alignment regardless.

3) Throughout the cycle, Saffron Iguana seems entirely nonchalant about their chances of being lynched. Initially, they simply don't engage with Pearl Chameleon's vote on them. I didn't dwell on this beyond noting it at the time, but from a critical viewpoint could see this as not wanting to defend themselves and trip up. (Very weak argument here, I acknowledge). Of greater not to me is their relaxed nature to the later votes, which suggest to me awareness of vote manipulation being available, or that they have teammates they know will ensure they don't lead the lynch (or both). I think this nonchalance contributes significantly to my gut read of Saffron Iguana.

4) I think this post (#107) doesn't make sense unless Saffron Iguana believed there were extant eliminator votes on Pearl Chameleon (the votes on Pearl Chameleon at that time were Scarlet Octopus, and Mauve Crocodile). Saffron Iguana does, later (#186) say they find Scarlet Octopus suspicious, but gives an entirely unrelated reason - the number of RP posts. If Saffron Iguana did believe there were eliminator votes on Pearl Chameleon, why didn't they vote on that belief at the time? They reiterate this view at post #200, here, yet again do not pursue this belief to the logical conclusion of scrutinising the voters on Pearl Chameleon.

I remain frustrated with how I've articulated this, but would rather start getting my thoughts out there and move on.

1 minute ago, Amber Vulture said:

I think part of my gut worry about Saffron Iguana comes down to the downplaying of the power of an eliminator seeker

Amber already commented on the similarity in my post, but yeah this alongside the lurcher felt like off points. 

I didn't realize octopus was being suspected for RP? That seems an odd reason for them seeing as they've given content (questionable) albeit in a different font and whatnot. I have my own problems with octopus though, so. 

I do think that pearl chameleon and iguana need to be resolved one way or another. I'd love to be able for us to find them and be able to move on, but with especially pearl being a big part of D1 I don't see that happening without a miracle 

6 minutes ago, Emerald Falcon said:

I didn't realize octopus was being suspected for RP? That seems an odd reason for them seeing as they've given content (questionable) albeit in a different font and whatnot. I have my own problems with octopus though, so. 

Octopus definitely is not the person with the most RP or even someone I'd say has memorable RP (I don't remember it, at least, that isn't a stab at your writing, Octopus) so that makes the reasoning there especially weird to me.

Praise the Ja!

5 minutes ago, Coral Swan said:

Octopus definitely is not the person with the most RP or even someone I'd say has memorable RP (I don't remember it, at least, that isn't a stab at your writing, Octopus) so that makes the reasoning there especially weird to me.

Praise the Ja!

Yes

That was indeed the point lol

Who would you kill tonight if you were the vig, pray tell?

6 minutes ago, Emerald Falcon said:

Yes

That was indeed the point lol

Who would you kill tonight if you were the vig, pray tell?

Glad to see we're on the same page, then :P.

Iguana. But I'd vote Gorilla if it were Day.

Praise the Ja!

Edited by Coral Swan

I'm disliking the "I got to know them in PMs" reads. I've never been one to like secret goings on, it's much to easy for Elims to either manipulate through there or for Elims to protect a buddy like that. It makes people basically not held accountable for their own reads. 

Edited by Emerald Falcon

So, I have recently realized that I have not posted this turn. For some reason, I was under the impression I had. I do not have much to add beyond what others have already stated. I think the most likely scenarios for our vote manipulation are 2 Soothers or a Rioter who was voting on one of the players who lost a vote and moved the vote they Rioted onto the other player they were voting. It seems like a simple enough interaction for someone to figure out through discussing things in their GM PM, which it seems likely happened considering we had many clarifications come from them. 

I am displeased by Crocodile's death as I was coming to trust them. Partially because I liked their reads list and partially because they were interesting to talk to in PMs. Hopefully we meet again in another game, Crocodile.

As for who I suspect, I still suspect Iguana, and am not a fan of the fact that vote manipulation saved them. Same for the vote manipulation saving Gorilla, though I still am confused where the suspicion on them comes from. I am having a hard time distinguishing the voices/posts of players who are not myself, Swan, Iguana, Octopus, Meerkat, Falcon, or Vulture. I am continuing to grow uncertain of my distrust of Swan, though I do not think I will ever get rid of those initial feelings of distrust. They are at best a neutral to neutral+ player for me.

30 minutes ago, Coral Swan said:

Are you a wrong turn, because you're accidentally right. I understand the thought process behind lengthy roleplay posts better than the shorter ones Octopus has sprinkled through the thread. It's not a strong read, but I thought there was a possibility they were self conscious of their lurking or felt the need to talk but didn't have anything to say and dashed off a quick post to cover themselves. 

18 minutes ago, Coral Swan said:

Iguana. But I'd vote Gorilla if it were Day.

Scanning me is also a perfectly valid option. 

10 minutes ago, Emerald Falcon said:

I'm disliking the "I got to know them in PMs" reads. I've never been one to like secret goings on, it's much to easy for Elims to either manipulate through there or for Elims to protect a buddy like that. It makes people basically not held accountable for their own reads. 

Is this a good time to mention that Chameleon PMed me yesterday asking why they shouldn't vote for me, which I thought showed a surprising (but not necessarily evil) confidence that they would survive? 

Just now, Pearl Chameleon said:

As for who I suspect, I still suspect Iguana, and am not a fan of the fact that vote manipulation saved them. 

I get the sense that many people are hung up on this. 

11 hours ago, Salmon Meerkat said:
  • considering ties still kill in this game unlike past tyrian games, that's a lot of handwringing for what isn't exactly awful especially if u really find the state of the votes so objectionable

Ties kill, but they also let vote manipulators decide who lives and dies, which is unhelpful since there's no accountability and being saved doesn't conclude anything about your alignment.

5 hours ago, Emerald Falcon said:

It was the whole cycle though. I never felt any pushback on anything besides zebra. no one ever fully formed other wagons, just...tied everything. Nothing passed Iguana until the very end.

Do you not think there was pushback against Pearl and Coral, or Hyena for that matter? Perhaps it's less pushback than the push to kill them fizzled and the initial voters gave up and looked for other targets. Sometimes that's elims distancing from each other before turning to vote for a villager. Sometimes it's a sign that the elims are pushing trains elsewhere. Sometimes it's all village led, and the high village/elim ratio weights it towards this option for any particular player.

Did you figure out why you thought you were PMing Mauve and Coral?

4 hours ago, Turquoise Gorilla said:

[Apologies. I have been lacking the motivation to post much today, but I find it likely that the vote manip was all elims, possibly 1:1. Iguana and I had been the brunt of most of the suspicion D1, so whether or not they’re an elim, the elims have reason to protect both of us.]

Elims don't typically get too much vote manipulation since each one counts for almost double towards exlo. I'd only see this double elim vote manipulation happening with an extra small team or a Mistborn who rolled brass/zinc.

"I won't be able to kill Ferac tonight. The messy execution today has put him on high alert. He'll be ready to run at the slightest hint of danger, and I can't fight my way through all his other Hazekillers before he has a chance to escape. I have to convince him that I'm the only one he can trust, that the other Hazekillers will betray him out of fear, out of greed, out of ambition. He won't fall for any attempts to frame the other Hazekillers, so I'll have to make sure their betrayals are real. Surely I can use the rampant paranoia sweeping through this town to my advantage."

Oof. Sorry Croc.

Some thoughts after skimming the thread/write up: yes the vote manip makes Iguana look bad, and I'm inclined to agree with previous comments, but my paranoia has me wondering if this is a very complex elim ploy to turn our attention away from them. If we have a village seeker and Iguana doesn't get yoinked by a coinshot kill tonight, I'd like to see them scanned.

I lean less suspicious of Gorilla but I couldn't tell you why. Gut read, mostly. Emotional allomancy always confuses me, so I'm not going to weigh in on how many rioters/soothers we may have. Soothers are way easier to understand, tbh. Is it bad that I hope it's just soothers?

Anyway, Edeis is getting her beauty rest currently, as she has far too many plans for tomorrow and therefore cannot be bothered to make an rp appearance right now. Everyone wish her sweet dreams.

19 minutes ago, Pearl Chameleon said:

I think the most likely scenarios for our vote manipulation are 2 Soothers or a Rioter who was voting on one of the players who lost a vote and moved the vote they Rioted onto the other player they were voting.

The only way it's just one Rioter is if they were voting for one of Turquoise or Saffron, and then rioted a vote from the other into a no vote, cancelling a vote from both overall. Only an elim Rioter who wanted to hide the fact that there were Rioters would do this since a villager wouldn't cancel their own vote like that when it would affect who died.

I need to dig into the rules more, but it could also be that whomever did the vote manipulation put in the orders earlier on. Maybe they were among those uncomfortable with the Pearl train, and we're subsequently not around when things actually started to swing. Since (I believe) targets are the voters, not the votees, it could be the targets changed their votes when the manipulator was no longer around to see and change it.

i apologise in advance it has not been a good week 4 me to sit down and think through things & i have been pulled off this morning in search of a missing set of records & forced to conclude kamino does not exist in our archives

friday is a good day 4 me tho & i expect 2 be able to commit to doing the deep read of the pre-rollover chaos

before that i will firmly continue to refuse to comment as i want to be drawing my own conclusions & believe it is more helpful i do

few points 2 interact w/ before i do:

1 hour ago, Amber Vulture said:

1) I think part of my gut worry about Saffron Iguana comes down to the downplaying of the power of an eliminator seeker, or omitting it entirely from a power list (#11, #21). I was initially worried this was due to the presence of an eliminator seeker whose manipulative ability the spiked wished to downplay. I have since been informed that LG74 featured two eliminator seekers. An eliminator seeker is still possible, but given #3, Saffron Iguana is intimately familiar with the LG74 distribution, and so seems less likely to seek to downplay their strength (although I don't know whether the manipulative potential of eliminator seekers was used in LG74).

- this jumped out @ me b/c the absence of v seeker & presence of 2 elim seekers was unexpected 4 players in lg74 - only matters b/c ig cites it but seems unaware. i was not around to play lg74 either but i expect my statement can be corroborated by those who have. i have a weak playerread on ig that wavers but if true just makes this weirder b/c ig would not have played lg74 either yet ig is confidently asserting it as a basis which suggests ig must also have been familiar w/ that aspect of lg74

- little seeker manip happened in lg74 & only one i m aware of came from fifth (sorry bro i know) in getting the seeked lurcher to expose himself so the spiked could kill him spiked were claimshy that game

- but it just seemed odder to me 2 ignore seeker right after mentioning it

1 hour ago, Amber Vulture said:

2) Effort clearing Salmon Meerkat and myself. Whilst I read Salmon Meerkat as firmly village, the effort clearing of me took place after I had posted a single notes post. I don't think clearing me at that point was justifiable based on my actions - and so am wary that it was either pocketing, or because elim!Saffron Iguana knew my alignment regardless.

- mild disagree here

- if i had a dollar 4 each time a player in this game has contacted me under the impression i m someone else i could buy myself a coffee and a cinnamon ice cream & my point is im getting read v strongly as a player who has a tendency to get overengaged in the game & u never effortclear on that basis b/c that player will do that regardless its his playstyle/character flaw he has never not here i stand

- i m just gonna say this i think u have 2 be blind or within a v specific player demographic not 2 get an id read on vulture which tbf my weak id guess on ig would suggest this is true - u nvr effortclear vulture like this sorry not sorry this is vultures playstyle elim no elim & u dont effortclear players on the sole basis of doing something they do regardless of alignment

- i don't know if it is a bad thing - my reaction 2 the effortclear read on me on the likely basis of who i m being taken 2 be was 'no u shld know better' but i can maybe squint see no interaction or little interaction in playhistory if i m correct which i may not be such that ig is not aware of this on vulture

neither of these are sufficient & i dislike doing pointreads or even sole postreads of a player in isolation b/c i have a tendency to get caught up in disliking argumentative moves made so i have 2 stay noncommittal until i can get my vote analysis done which won't be immediately but firm commitment to doing at least first pass deepread b4 first half c2 Warmmha permitting

51 minutes ago, Amethyst Scorpion said:

Elims don't typically get too much vote manipulation since each one counts for almost double towards exlo. I'd only see this double elim vote manipulation happening with an extra small team or a Mistborn who rolled brass/zinc.

have 2 say el & fifths repository included an e team w/ 3 vote manip - was v vm heavy and it never made it into lg74 but it is a build that exists + ag2 (3 soother 1 smoker 1 lurcher)

not historically impossible + ag2 team blindsided village badly b/c meta bucked conventional team comp wisdom + made team solely of new(er) players + lopen

idk if would say exceptionally small - i count 5 elims : 22 v slightly under but not exceptionally small & i reckon at least 4 players in this game would remember it excluding el & fifth

Day 2: Wraithed in Fear

Loenthal nodded wearily, hearing the last report of the Riggs mess from Kellehrt. The man’s tale was interesting and well-told, especially for the farmer he claimed to be, but it was discursive and he was too tired to appreciate most of its finer points. He waved a hand. “Thank you, sir, but I’m probably about done for the night. I need sleep more than another account of this rusted mess. It’ll get clearer once I’m rested enough.” He smiled in what he thought was an encouraging way, but with the mass of bandages on his head, covering the blinded eye and swollen face around it, it was more despondent than he perhaps intended. He sighed, then turned to the child beside him in the small courtyard as Kellehrt bowed and filed away down the darkening and ash-covered streets. He’d tried to find the child’s parents, but amidst the chaos of the killings, it hadn’t been a priority. “You’ll have to come with me for the night again, bud. Still not gonna tell me who you are?” The boy shook his head adamantly. “Alright, well, you’re stuck with me then. Let’s ask Mr. Dyring for a room and we can both get our sleep.” 

Mr. Dyring was, of course, pleased with the nobleman’s coin, though less happy at the prospect of a child soiling his newly rearranged establishment. He set the pair up in beds on the ground floor, and shoved an armful of washcloths and a broom into Loenthal’s hands with a significant look. Ischarus smiled slightly. “He shouldn’t mess anything up, other than intruders. Saved my life earlier today, you know. But that’s a story for another time.” Dyring’s eyes widened, looking at the child curiously, who averted his gaze and followed Loenthal to their quarters. After a quick, late supper on provisions he’d brought, Loenthal was asleep, bandaged face finally settling into lines of rest. The child lay for a while on the mattress, then stood up, legs dangling off the side, listening to the muted chatter from the common room. Then, making sure Loenthal was well and truly asleep, he opened the door a crack and slipped out into its shadows, bare feet noiseless against the cold floor of the inn.

Pendel Haven was at the inn later than was his custom. Dyring tolerated him, of course, as he drank primarily milk and not any of the ale and wine which created drunken stupors, and thus, the dreaded mess. He looked down into his cup, resisting the temptation to get stronger spirits to drown the mess in his own head, and glanced up at the innkeep. “Who was that child with Lord Ischarus?” he asked, almost to himself. 

“Hmm?” said Dyring distractedly, wiping down the other countertop, where a slightly dazed customer was still muttering away to himself. 

“The child with Lord Ischarus,” Pendel repeated. “Don’t recognise the kid. Where’s he from?” 

Dyring shrugged. “Apparently he saved the Lord’s life or something. I didn’t ask, they both seemed tired so I sent them straight away to their rooms. Speaking of which, will you be needing one of those?” 

Pendel glanced out the open window. It was completely dark out again, mists beginning to swirl in the silent streets. “I’ll brave the night. My house isn’t too far from here. Thanks for tolerating me though.” He put another two boxings on the countertop and pulled a heavy cloak around him, looking back at the commons as he reached the door. The dimly lit room seemed smaller, somehow, infinitely small against the world of mist and shadow outside, yet more cosy and habitable than he had ever seen it, and he felt a brief and unreasoning stab of panic at the thought of venturing alone. Probably one of those rusting memories he didn’t need crammed into his head, making him jumpy at nothing. Behind him, he saw the other man get up as well. The muttering was disconcerting him, but he tried not to let it show, holding open the door and letting him pass through into the grey haze. With a nod to Dyring, and seeing the mists begin to curl into the room, he shut the inn door, leaving three sets of feet, only two of them expected, out in the streets of Tyrian Falls. 

He walked steadily, not fearing the mists as many skaa did. Mistwraiths were shy as a rule, and he’d never found reason to fear the dark besides the people within it, whom he trusted, having lived in Tyrian his whole life. With the recent rumours, though, and the killings…He quickened his pace instinctively. It was enough to make one question even old Dyring’s face of concealing dark designs. Anyone was a threat to anyone, if you pushed them to desperation. Pendel stopped suddenly, hearing a padding of hurried feet behind him as he’d sped up. He peered into the swirling darkness, and with widened eyes picked out the face of the boy who’d arrived with Loenthal. The child was holding Ischarus’ old family ring in his hand, whose red and blue design burnt a faint light through the mist, and looked up fearlessly at Pendel. 

Pendel cursed himself for not being more careful leaving the inn. He knelt to speak to the child. “Why are you following me? You should be in bed.” He pressed the child’s hand closed over the ring and pointed back down the silent street towards Dyring’s establishment, whose yellow windows still very faintly could be traced through the nighttime vapours.

The boy stared back at him. “I can sense the mistwraiths,” he said seriously. “They’re all around. They’re coming for you. For the other one too.” He looked mournful, almost formal in his announcement. 

Pendel smiled nervously. “Listen, I’ve seen a mistwraith, and I came back alive from it. Don’t let your parents or Lord Ischarus scare you with those old stories. But you need to go back to the inn.” He held out his hand, but the child stepped back. 

“I know how to avoid them,” he said. “I’ll find my own way.” With that, he ran off into the mist, back towards the inn. Pendel pivoted, intending to follow and make sure he returned, but a stray sound from the other end of the alley made him freeze, a clattering almost, like the drop of a boxing. Was the child right about the wraiths? Was he real at all? The mists seemed more vicious than ever, almost predatory in their concealing blanket. He peered through their haze and the light rain of ash which had begun to fall, listening intently for the slightest sound. He fancied he heard footsteps, and tensed, scarcely daring to breathe. 

A loud, harsh cry greeted his ears, and he made a split-second decision, flattening himself against the ground. An annoyed long-winged bird, who had made the call, flew off into the mists to avoid being struck by his falling body. There was a whistle of air being cut, and a cloud of coins zipped by in the space where Pendel’s body had just been. The bird was torn to shreds, and a faint curse came from the end of the alleyway. Pendel rolled to the side and took off at a dash down a side alley, wide-eyed with terror. Not a wraith, but an Allomantic vigilante. He thanked the Ja and every other deity he knew that he knew the streets of Tyrian as well as he did, as he took a winding course with many turns and redoublings, still sprinting at full speed towards refuge from a night filled with more dangerous wraiths than he had ever expected to find.

Opal nodded in thanks to Pendel as Pendel held the inn door open, pausing Opal’s muttering thoughts long enough to avoid seeming crazier than most people undoubtedly already thought of Opal. Opal was not crazy. Opal simply understood that pronouns, taken to the concept’s logical conclusion, resulted in the destruction of clarity. Personal pronouns, object pronouns, possessive pronouns, all were part of the same treacherous slippery slope of language confusion, anarchy, and death. Everyone would become lost in a maze of referents. Opal refused to succumb to such tyranny. Opal would fight the tyranny to Opal’s last breath, just like Opal would fight the Spiked who now filled Tyrian’s streets.

Continuing to mutter, Opal walked down the street. A small hand tugged at Opal’s sleeve, but was ignored or perhaps not even noticed, the events of the night being too fixed in Opal’s mind for anything else to enter in. Eventually, the tugging sensation stopped, and Opal was left in peace to think freely once more. Opal turned the corner whistling, and stopped short, seeing a darkly dressed figure in front of her raise a large spike. That didn’t seem right. Opal began to object, but the spike was faster, piercing Opal’s chest. As Opal went limp, Opal thought there were voices, talking of strange matters. “The spike didn’t even take,” one muttered. “Another skaa here! Who did she think she was?” Opal winced at the double pronoun usage, but was too weak to correct the linguistic error. Instead, Opal fell asleep, one last time.

Magenta Albatross was attacked by a Coinshot, but didn't die!
Opal Lion was killed by the Spiked, and was a Vanilla Villager!

Day 2 has begun and will end in ~46 hours at 7pm Pacific time on January 8th. All clarifications have been edited into the OP, and I've also compiled a rules doc which hopefully lays everything out a little more clearly.

Player List
1. Amber Vulture
2. Amethyst Scorpion - Sidor, newly resigned Hazekiller (Guardsman)
3. Azure Mouse
4. Charcoal Hyena
5. Chartreuse Penguin - Aethex (Jester)
6. Coral Swan - Su (Jaist)
7. Emerald Falcon
8. Fuchsia Ostrich - Freddie (Glutton)
9. Ivory Dragonfly (Unlucky)
10. Magenta Albatross (Past Lives)
11. Mauve Crocodile (Gambler) Vanilla Villager
12. Melon Dingo - Scimon Tlag (Merchant)
13. Mint Heron - Tivend Elons (Casanova)
14. Onyx Flamingo (Gossip/Casanova)
15. Opal Lion Vanilla Villager
16. Oxblood Beagle
17. Pearl Chameleon (Secret :) )
18. Plum Rhinoceros (Prophet-ish)
19. Quartz Zebra (Drunk/Jaist)
20. Saffron Iguana (Helpful Heckler)
21. Salmon Meerkat - Kellehrt, local farmer and possible madman
22. Sapphire Elephant
23. Scarlet Octopus (Neat, Extremist Priest)
24. Sunburst Toucan
25. Turquoise Gorilla (Game Show Host)
26. Violet Axolotl - Dyring (Neat Innkeeper)

Tineye Messages

The other day, I was having some chouta. You know? Someone, (they definitely acted odd I'll tell you) they were walking through and told me about this food. I'd never heard of it, you know, and they just said they'd be selling it on the black market. Who sells food on the black market? Anyway they told me to find them later in the alleyway right off of Winsburg and Place St. and there they were, selling chouta. It's like...it's some meat wrapped up in bread and it's delicious.

Anyway, while I was having the chouta I thought I saw some movement in the dark. You guys are all looking for Spiked, and lemme tell you, there was at least a 20% chance the blur I saw was one of 'em. You know, you can never be too sure. My statistical analysis skills aren't the greatest. Come to think of it, there was probably a 50% chance those others buying chouta were one of 'em too. 'Cause they're buying chouta in an alleyway.

Oh, by the way, I'm a Mistborn and I have no idea what I'm doing, so any suggestions would help me right out. I mean, suggestions would also help you out, by extension. I'm all ears for the moment (you know, because I can burn tin)

61d7ca3d38d6c_bulletinboard.png.dda19bee84bda94b2c550c4a730961a4.png

Prowling

roars fill the air                                                                          Animals rule Tyrian, tonight     -theyareanonymous

Anger

I wonder- are they angry      ?           the

Sounds of the hunt     -         creepingstrikingfeasting                      SPIKED

Eradicate the unfortunate in their way                          don't get in their way

Trembling

Homes are not safe

Ever.

Just when you think                           don't think, run                          you've outlasted them

Another is always there          canwefindthemall

This is your captain speaking. I do not mean to alarm you, but you should know that we have found some spikes of various metals lodged in the pitch mechanism. This means we will not be able to land or turn until they have been purged from our system.

-Captain Осbmnhor Anbin

PMs are open. (unsurprisingly :P)

Edited by Elbereth