Mat

33 minutes ago, Ookla the Wyrmslayer said:

Archer is Thug

That is technically an assumption. All I said was that I burned pewter. :P. I'm surprised no one has suspected me of being a Lurcher, as the writeup implied, but I'm also glad, because that is not the case. 

1 hour ago, Ookla the Confused said:

No and also i forgot - i'm a thug too just btw

Edit: oops

Speaking Thug to Thug, do you have an unexpected secondary ability? Blink once for yes, twice for no, three for let's discuss this further in front of everyone and confuse them marvelously. 

25 minutes ago, Ookla the Confused said:

I could see a thug!Illwei/Archer team, though that seems a bit unbalanced. Maybe also a Danex/Archer team? Wasn't Archer the only one saying Danex's vote on him was opportunistic?

Without Illwei or Danex's vote on me, I wouldn't have been the sole exe candidate. I guess you could argue bussing with the benefit of I survive it? But I've always treated D1 as a free mix when I'm evil. Even if the elim team hammered D1, and I was exed over the next two Days, that allows us four NKs for the price of one teammate. Bringing to potentially a 2v:1e scenario, which is quite winnable, assuming a two person team. We wouldn't have expected a high amount of extra lives. I was certainly expecting one of each type of role, as per usual in these games. 

Now, Danex was the fourth vote, so you could argue they bussed then went offline and we misplayed the round by accident. But again, wouldn't I suggest they second another vote instead and leave me with an out to make a three vote CW in a pinch? 

23 minutes ago, Ookla the Confused said:

Wasn't Archer the only one saying Danex's vote on him was opportunistic?

I think Kas might have said something to this effect also, and while I didn't say anything in particular, I considered voting for Danex last cycle for that reason. For now, I'll repeat my request for a Coinshot or the like to go after one of Danex/Mage/Tani. I don't think any of those three is a good place to start the discussion of who to vote out next.

Of the remaining non-Szeth people, I'd order them Illwei/Archer/Kas/Sart in decreasing order of willingness to vote for them. Kas and Sart are kinda equal though. If one of the inactives is elim, then finding a teammate could help with that, due to the votes on Mage during the day. 

2 minutes ago, Ookla the Paranormal said:

Speaking Thug to Thug, do you have an unexpected secondary ability? Blink once for yes, twice for no, three for let's discuss this further in front of everyone and confuse them marvelously. 

*blink* *nuclear bomb explodes* *can't blink anymore*

5 minutes ago, Ookla the Confused said:

*blink* *nuclear bomb explodes* *can't blink anymore*

*whispers* what the heck Mat, I thought I was special

Edit: how about you hang on to that for now since you're almost guaranteed to have another opportunity to use it

Edited by Ookla the Paranormal

3 minutes ago, Ookla the Paranormal said:

*whispers* what the heck Mat, I thought I was special

Edit: how about you hang on to that for now since you're almost guaranteed to have another opportunity to use it

Will do. I definitely wasn’t lying.

9 minutes ago, Ookla the Paranormal said:

That is technically an assumption. All I said was that I burned pewter. :P. I'm surprised no one has suspected me of being a Lurcher, as the writeup implied, but I'm also glad, because that is not the case. 

Working off Tyrian rules as the default assumption - which granted, may not be true for a Scadrial game Mat is GMing, Lurchers only protect from Night kills. Lynch protect abilities are a bit more rare so would not be the immediate assumption. Passive extra life tends to be more common. Gotta love blackout games ಠ_ಠ

So you burn pewter, have Brawn in your name but are technically not a Thug, sir? I want my boxings back >>

I do want to say that if there are any coinshots, they shouldnt shoot tonight. If you are a coinshot then think about it and dont respond in thread, but think about it and understand why its not a good move. I dont care if you coinshots think that you're going to die tonight. Thats an even better reason why you shouldny shoot. At least tonight. 

Trust me on this and we'll go into tomorrow and ill explain it more. 

I have returned to the land of the semiactive! ...

58 minutes ago, Ookla the Confused said:

No and also i forgot - i'm a thug too just btw

Edit: oops

Are we sposed to be roleclaiming? Are we not and thats why you said oops?

25 minutes ago, Ookla the Wyrmslayer said:

(QF1 flashbacks where everyone except me seemed to be a Gunner...)

Is that the one where you got stabbed lots?

5 minutes ago, Ookla the Paranormal said:

*blinks four times*

The crowd had dispersed some since the Brawnze fellow had survived, but they were still in the area. Reva hadn't said anything so far - she hadn't thought of anything of use to say until just now. She raised her voice so everyone could hear her. "I think we should watch Danex carefully. He acted a bit funny yesterday, and didn't talk much other than to say we should kill Brawnze."

an extra life huh. annoying. i really dislike thug roles in general, since they detract from knowledge gain, which is a key part of any vote. if archer is good, that probably means more elims, since more lives equals longer games equals more chances to find elims. if archer is bad, that definitely means less elims but we can't know that unless archer dies. we also have an additional thug claim, which makes me think we're dealing with a troll gm. all in all, i think i trust archer more now, and would like to hear more from danex.

"We could poke Danex to get him to talk more." Reva suggests, then pauses for a moment before retracting her earlier words. "Wait. We can't do that. It's too dark for anyone except Tineyes to identify him, and we're not supposed to poke each other in the night."

2 hours ago, Ookla the Confused said:

Got a bit of a heart attack when it said “Ookla of Anarchy” and “Chaos” quoted me but it was just “Ookla of Anarchy and Chaos”

This is part of why my name is fun. :P It keeps startling everyone.

Edited by Ookla of Anarchy and Chaos

6 hours ago, ookla the lowercase said:

an extra life huh. annoying. i really dislike thug roles in general, since they detract from knowledge gain, which is a key part of any vote. if archer is good, that probably means more elims, since more lives equals longer games equals more chances to find elims. if archer is bad, that definitely means less elims but we can't know that unless archer dies. we also have an additional thug claim, which makes me think we're dealing with a troll gm. all in all, i think i trust archer more now, and would like to hear more from danex.

Seriously my dude, are you not getting QF1 Gunner flashbacks from the second claim given the player size?

7 hours ago, Ooklil' the Wei said:

I do want to say that if there are any coinshots, they shouldnt shoot tonight. If you are a coinshot then think about it and dont respond in thread, but think about it and understand why its not a good move. I dont care if you coinshots think that you're going to die tonight. Thats an even better reason why you shouldny shoot. At least tonight. 

Trust me on this and we'll go into tomorrow and ill explain it more. 

Interesting logic.

I would agree with Araris on calling down a Coinshot strike if we have a Coinshot because of the missing flip from D1. I don't know if we have one though. We didn't in QF1, just had a free-floating kill that comes if the QM dies. And I can't see a Coinshot kill to be a bad thing, especially since we still don't have much solid information to work off. Elims might do a threat or high-activity kill, but a low-info kill would really waste our time.

But at the same time, either it's another Illwei thing, or I think I can see a set of circumstances Eiwlil would have to take to be true in order to say what she just did. The first is Eiwlil being Eiwlil. The second makes her a bit more likely to be Village, because I can't see an Elim saying that under the given circumstances.

If she is though, that makes the D1 clash all the more bizarre since I have a light Village read on Szeth for the Archer scope and am currently /shrug on Archer.

Sorry. I’m here I have been traveling. For some reason I thought the game didn’t start for another few days. I’m going to go do a read through of the rules and day one then I will return to post some thoughts.

LG82: Day Two: Leather and Mist

Everybody knew that Illwei could be found at the leatherwork shop, working late every night. Her craft was one that took time, and despite the long hours, she loved her work. Better than being a skaa left on the streets. At least she had a legal way to make boxings.

Illwei liked the routine the job offered. She knew where to be and when to be there. Life was easy and free from confusion. These days, especially for a person such as Illwei, the less confusion the better. There already was so much of it; she didn't need it in the workplace.

Unfortunately for Illwei, the routine she so cherished would betray her in the end. For everybody knew that Illwei could be found at the leatherwork shop, including those who Illwei would rather not know.

She was bent over a piece of cloth, the room only lit by a candle, when she was suddenly put in a choke hold from behind. She felt her lungs constricting, and panic instinctively bubbled up inside of her. Her limited vision started to blur, and in a final, desperate burst of strength she reached out with her arm and grabbed the candle she had been working by only moments before. Hot wax dripped onto her fingers, but she didn't have breath to scream. In her final moments, Illwei whipped back her arm with all her strength, aiming the flame for where she thought her attacker's head was.

Illwei was released, and she gasped for breath, falling to her knees. 

She blacked out before she hit the floor.

On that same night, Danex decided it was a nice evening for a stroll. Unlike most folks around town, he didn't believe the superstitions spoken about the mist. It wasn't scary, helpful, harmful, any of that. It was just mist. A lot of the times, Danex liked to walk through the mist, since he thought the coolness on his face felt nice. Others thought he was crazy, a spawn of evil, a Mistborn... he had heard enough rumors to last him a lifetime. He just liked mist.

As he walked, Danex considered the buzz going around town. Something about Allomancers and Feruchemists having it out for each other? Danex knew he should probably be more concerned, but it wasn't as if it was dangerous to walk around in the dark, alone, in situations like this, right?

Wait.

That didn't seem right. I kind of want to live. Danex thought to himself. I bet that one street down, someone with a knife is waiting for me to walk past so they can stab me.

So he turned around and went home.

One street down, the person with the knife who was waiting for Danex to walk past so that they could stab him let out a quiet "Rusts!"

Illwei was attacked, but survived!

Danex was attacked, but survived!

Day Two has begun, and will go for about 48 hours. It will end on Monday, December 6th, at 10am PST.

• There will be an execution today, with a 1 vote minimum. Tied votes will be decided by RNG.
  • PMs are closed.
  • A reminder that the writeup itself does not necessarily reflect accurately what happened during the night. The results posted immediately following the writeup, however, do.

Player List:

Spoiler
  1. @Ookla the Porched (Araris Valerian) - Lord Hadrian Penrod
  2. @Ooklil' the Wei (Illwei)
  3. @Ookla of Anarchy and Chaos (Tani) - Reva
  4. @ookla the quantificational (Danex)
  5. @Ookla the Confused (Szeth_Pancakes)
  6. @Mage
  7. @ookla the lowercase (Sart)
  8. @Ookla the Paranormal (Archer) - Brawnze
  9. @Ookla the Wyrmslayer (Kasimir) - Kiril Jerzy

I suspect that everyone has an extra life, and some of us have a little more. I for example, had a one shot kill I used on Danex. I reasoned someone voting for me was probably evil, and since Szeth seemed to be a tunneling villager, and Illwei straight up asked not to be killed, Danex was the next best option. Speaking of which, what did you have to say today Illwei? And to the group, was e!Illwei under sufficient pressure to warrant a WGG, or did the elims want v!them dead? My gut says the latter is more likely, leading me to want to finish the job on Danex

2 minutes ago, Ookla the Paranormal said:

I suspect that everyone has an extra life, and some of us have a little more. I for example, had a one shot kill I used on Danex.

I actually think everyone has an extra life and everyone has a one shot kill. Whether the Elims have an Elim kill or just the one-shot kill is questionable, but that's why I said last night I could see two reasons for Illwei calling for a no kill from Coinshots last night. Postulating Coinshots in a game (especially one with small player numbers) even with two known Thugs is a very bold move. Less so if Illwei was a Thug too. Even less so if Illwei was a Thug with a one shot kill.

I suspect Illwei's reasons for calling for a no kill were either some ersatz Illwei gambit or because Illwei was a Thug, recognised the conversation between you and Szeth, and then inferred correctly (in my view) that the game could be massively OneShotThugs and that everyone going wild Night One would reduce the protection the Village had. Possibly some postulation of weirdness with the rules. I'm still in favour of a lynch actually going through though so I'm not sure I agree with her reasoning - but I do think that it's something I wouldn't expect to hear from an Elim so much since a kill-happy Village helps them (unless all Elims are already under suspicion I guess? But that would almost require an Illwei/Danex-ish type team), so slight Village read last night on that basis.

Note that Illwei very specifically asked Coinshots to hold their fire even if they thought they were going to be killed. IMO she's not asking not to be killed, she's asking you not to kill.

What's interesting to me is why the Elims didn't kill you, since you were down a life, and chose to go for Illwei instead. On the assumption you're a Villager, it could be to tie up discussion, but then surely the Elims know about the Thug rules...don't they? Or was one of our kills an Elim kill? Or again, do the Elims also only have a one-shot kill?

P.S. I disagreed with Illwei's reasoning but RNGesus liked what she said.

34 minutes ago, Ookla the Wyrmslayer said:

I actually think everyone has an extra life and everyone has a one shot kill. 

Note that Illwei very specifically asked Coinshots to hold their fire even if they thought they were going to be killed. IMO she's not asking not to be killed, she's asking you not to kill.

What's interesting to me is why the Elims didn't kill you

Seems plausible. 

I also got that vibe, which confused me because I figure e!Illwei could have just tanked the kill and NKed or exed me. Edit: and therefore I wouldn't be able to claim the attack and they could say they were hit by the NK instead or something. Free WGG opportunity. 

I propose that a v!Illwei flip points to e!me because then it's a village led wagon and it looks like I'm killing off critics? That said, why would I advertise my kill ability if I was going to also hit Danex. That's a little too bold for an elim. 

31 minutes ago, Ookla the Confused said:

Archer

For my own sanity, I'm just not going to respond to this. I believe you believe I'm evil, and I think you're village, so we can both focus on convincing everyone else instead of each other this round since that ain't happening. That said, if you don't ever come up with a secondary kill option, I will eventually have to rethink my read on you because you could just be committing to a tunnel to avoid having to engage dangerously with anyone else. 

Edited by Ookla the Paranormal